Food Storage

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
PunaGabe
captain of 100

Food Storage

Post by PunaGabe »

Just trying to get a fill if members are prepared for tough times ahead.It seems to me that most members in my ward are really not prepared and don't seem to be awake to our awful situation ahead . Your thoughts?

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Re: Food Storage

Post by Thomas »

My impression is that, most of the older, active people have a food storage in my ward. I get the impression that with some of the younger ones, it not as much of a priority. That may be because you don't hear the GAs talk about it as much as they used to.

As far as being awake to our awful situation,I consider myself to be the only one in the ward. There are a few who are at the Glen Beck level and they think Obama is the problem. Many of my ward members think if we only had Bush back everything would be great. Most understand that there are problems but there are not that bad. Many think Romney is going to save us because of the White Horse Prophecy,of course they have never read it or they would know better.

I do my best to help people understand what's going on but I don't want to be the ward "CRAZY MAN". I will give my opinion if the subject of Obama or the second coming or something like that is being discussed but I don't go around constantly talking about it. I think I would lose my credibility if I did. I have brought the subject up with some of the people in the ward and some have acted quite offended. One person told me God was is charge and would never let anything so bad happen to this country and that I should read the BoM because it says this country will be protected. He told me the constitution will be saved by Mormons. When I tried to tell him what the BoM and the prophicies actually say, he become quite agitated, so I dropped the subject and have never brought it up to him again. There is still kind of a vibe betweeen us because of it. I think he sees me as not a true LDS or near apostate. I don't think he talks about me behind my back. He is really a nice person.

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

Thomas wrote: I do my best to help people understand what's going on but I don't want to be the ward "CRAZY MAN". I will give my opinion if the subject of Obama or the second coming or something like that is being discussed but I don't go around constantly talking about it. I think I would lose my credibility if I did. I have brought the subject up with some of the people in the ward and some have acted quite offended. One person told me God was is charge and would never let anything so bad happen to this country and that I should read the BoM because it says this country will be protected. He told me the constitution will be saved by Mormons. When I tried to tell him what the BoM and the prophicies actually say, he become quite agitated, so I dropped the subject and have never brought it up to him again. There is still kind of a vibe betweeen us because of it. I think he sees me as not a true LDS or near apostate. I don't think he talks about me behind my back. He is really a nice person.
I find it best to keep dropping the subtle hints and let them learn to ask more clarifying questions, or have a discussion from a supposed neutral or "still in search of an answer" stance. I will agree that its not worth your time to argue with people....blissful ignorance is not the state of mind that is ready to learn.

PS: Would those folks fall under the D&C 60:2 version of the "congregation of the wicked"? :-? If so, we should keep talking...haha!

2 But with some I am not well pleased, for they will not open their mouths, but they hide the talent which I have given unto them, because of the fear of man. Wo unto such, for mine danger is kindled against them.

ebenezerarise
captain of 1,000

Post by ebenezerarise »

In my ward more than half of all families have either lost employment or otherwise suffered radical economic changes to their lifestyle these past few years. This has made for constant focus on the issue from local leadership. We have many instances already of people sharing their preparations with others simply because they was all they could do to help.