Oct 2007 General Conference

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Oct 2007 General Conference

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Okay, who's ready? Who had family coming? Who's going to the Conference Center? Who's excited?

I have family in town, and my dad is baptizing my brother's wife tonight. Tomorrow my dad, my brother, his son, and stepson are going to the priesthood session.

Last month, My home teacher went to his son's stake conference where Elder Bednar of the 12 was the visiting general authority. Elder Bednar told the congregation that at this next General Conference, we all need to pay a lot more special attention to what Pres. Hinckley says -- moreso than previously (he did NOT say this was a Prophet death watch though).

Similarly, I am anticipating any comments and instruction regarding last days / food storage, financial problems, etc.

And of course, I am anxious to see who will be called to be the new 2nd counselor in the First Presidency, and also the new member of the 12 Apostles.

I won't hazard a guess as to the new apostle (Elders Nelson and Oaks were not General Authorities prior to their call).

But I will make an educated guess that the new counselor will be Elder Dallin H. Oaks. My reasons being that those with more seniority all all significantly older and already in presidency positions, or frail (Elder Russell Nelson the exception); also -- Elder Oaks has been the one who has taken on the controversial social problems - very similar to what Pres. Hinckley was doing in the 1980's.

What are your thoughts?