Forum member needs help moving

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Forum member needs help moving

Post by Rose Garden »

I'm helping spread the word for bree, a member of our forum who needs help. Here is what she posted on another forum:
Our family needs help.

I am not sure how to word this. Due to dishonesty we have been robbed money that would help our family get to Iowa.

My husband is not doing well here in LA, nor have I been. My husband has heart problems and Leukemia, no job, no Dr.

Our son-n-law is in Iowa. We are trying to get to him. My husband and I downsized our belongings, and moved in with our daughter. She also does not own much but we are trying to sell what we have left t o move.
School starts the end of August. We need to be there for our grandchildren to be enrolled.

Our son-in-law found a home, but we need help with cost truck, gas, down payment.

I am not one to ask for help for myself, but I am asking for my son-in-law. He has not seen the help from God in his behalf. I know God is my everything!

We can afford to eat and live meeting our needs in Iowa, but not here.
Here is the youcaring link: http://www.youcaring.com/family-in-louisiana-414150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Rose Garden on August 21st, 2015, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Forum member needs help moving

Post by Robert Sinclair »

Is there a donation site, someone knows how to set up for them, like was done for the families we have seen on this site, where we can use our debit or credit cards? Or an address to send money or a check? Please let us know, and I along with others I am sure will be glad to help. It would be good to have a goal amount needed to take care of what is needed, so people who can give a little each week or month, like me, can keep helping, until they have all they need.
Thanks. ♡

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Where is she located? We help people move all the time. 2 large families in the last two weeks. We are in Los Angeles also. Or is that LA for Louisiana?
Also, how about a link to the forum where she is.
dc

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I'll have to ask her.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

It's Louisiana. Here's the youcaring link. It's just thrown together for now. I'll update it later.

http://www.youcaring.com/family-in-louisiana-414150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

David13 wrote:Where is she located? We help people move all the time. 2 large families in the last two weeks. We are in Los Angeles also. Or is that LA for Louisiana?
Also, how about a link to the forum where she is.
dc
Louisiana, moving to Iowa.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I will have something to add the second Wednesday of next month, maybe after you update with more info, more will help. Hope more are able to help, even if it is just a little that they can help with, because many giving just a little bit, can add up quick. Thanks again for posting this. ♡

Here is that link again-

http://www.youcaring.com/family-in-louisiana-414150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Thanks, Robert. Working with bree to get a picture posted.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Please note: the OP has been updated with a photo and the youcaring link. This family needs to move out of their current place by next Saturday, August 29th.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Dear Meili,

What is the latest with this family?

Can you please let us know the second Wednesday for me is coming and others might have more to give if they are reminded, thanks if you can give an update.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Thanks for asking, Robert. They have been getting quite a bit less for their things than they had hoped and so could really use the help. They were able to reschedule their move to this coming Saturday. Please contribute if you can.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Robert Sinclair wrote:I will have something to add the second Wednesday of next month, maybe after you update with more info, more will help. Hope more are able to help, even if it is just a little that they can help with, because many giving just a little bit, can add up quick. Thanks again for posting this. ♡

Here is that link again-

Thought it might help to bring the link up again, I will give what I can the second Wednesday, I hope others can help this forum member as well.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Thanks, Robert!

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Robert Sinclair wrote:I will have something to add the second Wednesday of next month, maybe after you update with more info, more will help. Hope more are able to help, even if it is just a little that they can help with, because many giving just a little bit, can add up quick. Thanks again for posting this. ♡

Here is that link again-

Only $150.00 so far, does not anyone have help they can offer as well? ♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Here is that link again-

Up to $300.00 anyone else that can give a little.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

I've been negligent in adding outside donations. The total is about 483 so far.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Another 10 was donated!

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Jezebel wrote:I'm helping spread the word for bree, a member of our forum who needs help. Here is what she posted on another forum:
Our family needs help.

I am not sure how to word this. Due to dishonesty we have been robbed money that would help our family get to Iowa.

My husband is not doing well here in LA, nor have I been. My husband has heart problems and Leukemia, no job, no Dr.

Our son-n-law is in Iowa. We are trying to get to him. My husband and I downsized our belongings, and moved in with our daughter. She also does not own much but we are trying to sell what we have left t o move.
School starts the end of August. We need to be there for our grandchildren to be enrolled.

Our son-in-law found a home, but we need help with cost truck, gas, down payment.

I am not one to ask for help for myself, but I am asking for my son-in-law. He has not seen the help from God in his behalf. I know God is my everything!

Here is the youcaring link: http://www.youcaring.com/family-in-louisiana-414150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hope forum member bree gets a bit more help.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

UPDATE: The family has made it to Iowa but had to leave most of their things behind in Louisiana. They are needing funds, at this point, for the rental of a truck to bring the rest of their things. The fundraiser amount has been changed to reflect their current needs.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Jezebel wrote:UPDATE: The family has made it to Iowa but had to leave most of their things behind in Louisiana. They are needing funds, at this point, for the rental of a truck to bring the rest of their things. The fundraiser amount has been changed to reflect their current needs.
Thanks for this update.♡

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Jezebel wrote:I'm helping spread the word for bree, a member of our forum who needs help. Here is what she posted on another forum:
Our family needs help.

Looks like they are 1/4 of the way there, could use help from more members of the LDSFF forum, if each could give a little.♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

They may be in trouble. Someone reported than because they were breaking occupancy laws. I'm not sure what will happen with that.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Occupancy laws in the town they moved to?

Is there a ward in that area that can help them?

Let us know what can be done to help them,
Thanks. ♡

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Ok. They are still weighing options.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Our family needs help.

I noticed 3 days left on the caring site, did things work out allright for bree and her family? ♡