China says countdown for war with india has begun...

Discuss political news items / current events.
Tree
captain of 100

China says countdown for war with india has begun...

Post by Tree »

The relationship between India and China seemed to worsen Wednesday when the Chinese Foreign Ministry said that 53 people and an Indian bulldozer was in China's territory and advised India to pull them back. This followed a warning Tuesday when an editorial in the state-run China Daily said that the "countdown to a clash between the two forces has begun."

"India should withdraw its troops and ........

Continues here:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/says-china-c ... 20364.html

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: China says countdown for war with india has begun...

Post by Robin Hood »

Nations don't go to war over a bulldozer.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I could be wrong but...they do if they the other side of the fence has the best grass.

A key to remember here to is 'men's hearts shall fail them', 'the heavens will be withdrawn' --> in other words the light of Christ is withdrawing among the wicked at a repeated rate, such that we will at some future point resemble in the world conditions mirroring the Jaredites at the end, and the Nephites at their end. They right that the curse was so strong in the land that no man would lay down his sword, or anything important because it would be gone. And that they would kill one another for no reason. They marshalled themselves in the land to fight against one another with hatred so vicious that even women, and children were cut down. They also had the attitude of struggling against and cursing God wishing to die (mass heroin and drug suicide deaths mirror this) and yet some would still struggle with their swords until the end.

I don't know if it's to that point yet obviously. But some day it will be as the wicked start taking out the wicked. There will be some innocents as victims too. How far this will go now I don't know but if they are even considering (China) taking on India, or vice versa, as two such large countries that's pretty reckless.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Robin Hood wrote: August 11th, 2017, 7:54 am Nations don't go to war over a bulldozer.
It is much more complicated than that. China has continued it's expansion into disputed territory. Back in 1962 China and India fought a few battles over a similar dispute where over 2,000 people were killed. India is now poring troops into the area and have started evacuating a village - it can all go down very badly and as others have pointed out men's hears have been hardened and the global economy is failing which will accelerate things.

In Escalating Standoff, Indian Army Orders People Near Chinese Border To Vacate Village
www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-10/escal ... heir-villa

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Spaced_Out wrote: August 11th, 2017, 8:13 am
Robin Hood wrote: August 11th, 2017, 7:54 am Nations don't go to war over a bulldozer.
It is much more complicated than that. China has continued it's expansion into disputed territory. Back in 1962 China and India fought a few battles over a similar dispute where over 2,000 people were killed. India is now poring troops into the area and have started evacuating a village - it can all go down very badly and as others have pointed out men's hears have been hardened and the global economy is failing which will accelerate things.

In Escalating Standoff, Indian Army Orders People Near Chinese Border To Vacate Village
Mark my words; it'll amount to nothing but some huffing and puffing.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

This is actually an interesting point. I thought I should add that China's current behavior really is just like how Germany and Japan were acting in the 1930s...and even in some of the same parts of the world even if you consider the South China Seas area. Back then Japan wanted that area for much of the same thing, plus for food and for rubber trees in South East Asia.

Recently though I was really surprised at some people in the world are acting like the U.S. is the villain and that surprised me. These were also people from Europe and Israel on Israeli news sites. It's shocking that they would consider Americans vile and villains because of our prosperity. In some of their comments it seemed like they thought we were worse than Russia, as if we'd caused everyone's problems. It was disturbing :(

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

How dare they!! To start a war and we're not invited...?!?!!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

My Mysterious Package hasn't yet landed, and a bonus ounce is on the line, so they'll just have to wait. =))

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gardener4life wrote: August 11th, 2017, 8:58 am

This is actually an interesting point. I thought I should add that China's current behavior really is just like how Germany and Japan were acting in the 1930s...and even in some of the same parts of the world even if you consider the South China Seas area. Back then Japan wanted that area for much of the same thing, plus for food and for rubber trees in South East Asia.

Recently though I was really surprised at some people in the world are acting like the U.S. is the villain and that surprised me. These were also people from Europe and Israel on Israeli news sites. It's shocking that they would consider Americans vile and villains because of our prosperity. In some of their comments it seemed like they thought we were worse than Russia, as if we'd caused everyone's problems. It was disturbing :(
Why is it OK for European countries to have colonies but not Japan?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 12:08 pm

Pearl Harbor; terms of unconditional surrender.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 11th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Pearl Harbor; terms of unconditional surrender.
I mean prior to WW2.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Colonies? Silver, Your support of both Islamic and Japanese aggression shows you are my enemy, and an enemy of the Christian world.
Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 12:08 pm Why is it OK for European countries to have colonies but not Japan?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Elizabeth wrote: August 11th, 2017, 12:40 pm Colonies? Silver, Your support of both Islamic and Japanese aggression shows you are my enemy, and an enemy of the Christian world.
Silver wrote: August 11th, 2017, 12:08 pm Why is it OK for European countries to have colonies but not Japan?
Elizabeth, seek help.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Because we're better at it.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Robin Hood wrote: August 11th, 2017, 8:17 am Mark my words; it'll amount to nothing but some huffing and puffing.
You are living in a fools paradise the scriptures prophecy that all peoples will be at war and that these things are soon to be.

China is extremely aggressive and expansions with South Sea Islands etc.... The Chinese are banking on a short quick war that will only last a few weeks and they can then take the territory. Modern warfare is more complicated than that, with the Chinese debt based economy going downhill fast there is not much left but to start wars.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Spaced_Out wrote: August 11th, 2017, 2:45 pm
Robin Hood wrote: August 11th, 2017, 8:17 am Mark my words; it'll amount to nothing but some huffing and puffing.
You are living in a fools paradise the scriptures prophecy that all peoples will be at war and that these things are soon to be.

China is extremely aggressive and expansions with South Sea Islands etc.... The Chinese are banking on a short quick war that will only last a few weeks and they can then take the territory. Modern warfare is more complicated than that, with the Chinese debt based economy going downhill fast there is not much left but to start wars.
This is actually a very, very good point. Isn't it amazing how they are? We scarcely have a few weeks between hearing a new place they are going into now. A lot of countries have already used up everything they had previously used to get out of economic slumps. And other countries the same. We have less debt than most the other European countries too. Sooner or later cannibalizing resources is the only thing left.

I don't think China will stop being aggressive until someone confronts them. I think it will actually get ramped up a bit more too. I'm not saying we should confront them but...I don't think they will back down until they take some losses.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Who said it was okay for Europeans to have colonies?

Okay, the 18th Century Europeans thought it was okay, but they also thought it was okay to own people and to torture some people to death if they didn't do what the crown ordered them to do. In case you missed the memo, they don't think that any more.

The Japanese wanted what Great Britain had a hundred years before, but by that time progress had largely taken place to decide the idea of Manifest Destiny wasn't really a good thing to believe any more. Colonial expansion had two goals: Bring wealth to the Crown, and take civilization and progress (which most believed included forced conversion to Christianity) to people who lacked technological and religious bases. As cruelly as it was done, I've no doubt it was applied with generosity and concern by some, and with greed and avarice by others. I won't outright condemn all of the efforts (even though my ancestors in early America were some of the victims of imperialism) because I wasn't there to know for sure what was done maliciously and what was done compassionately. I am quite sure both existed.