U.S. Attacks Syria

Discuss political news items / current events.
2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Re: U.S. Attacks Syria

Post by 2EstablishZion »

Assuming the gas attacks were not a false flag to require a response from us.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 4:58 am I like how in his press conference speech he said: "No child of God should suffer such horror." Don't think Obama or Hillary would have said that.
Rhetoric vs reality. Trump has been killing civilians for weeks without blinking an eye.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Trump's 2016 New Jersey State Campaign Director: Trump is Now Part of the Swamp
http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/04/tr ... paign.html
Following reports that the United States on Thursday night launched 50-60 Tomahawk cruise missiles into Syria, President Donald J. Trump’s 2016 New Jersey State Campaign Director tonight said “the neocons got to [the President].”

“He is part of the swamp,” state Senator Mike Doherty (R-23) said of Trump in the wake of the attacks.

“A few days ago, Trump said Assad could stay in power,” said Doherty, a retired U.S. Army captain. “Then the gas attack. Now Trump has changed course. Now Assad must go. Where is the evidence Assad used chemical weapons? What would Assad gain by using chemical weapons? The number one reason that I supported Trump was his foreign policy views. He is about to lose me if he lets the generals talk him into a war with Syria. How will that benefit the American people?”

Doherty said Trump was supposed to be different.

“But based on what I’m seeing tonight, this is a case of ‘meet the new boss, same as the old boss,'” the movement conservative senator said.

Let's hope we start to see similar statements from libertarians Trump fanboys.

All libertarians should feel free to use the comment section of this post to make statements on Trump and the attack on Syria.

-RW

(via Inside NJ, ht Murray Sabrin)

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Putin Reacts to US Missile AttackPutin Reacts to US Missile Attack
http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/04/pu ... ttack.html
The Russia has responded to the US launch of 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles at the Syrian military airfield in Ash Sha'irat near Homs.

"President [Vladimir] Putin regards the US attacks on Syria as an aggression against a sovereign state in violation of the norms of international law, and under a trumped-up pretext at that," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said Friday. told reporters.

Putin also sees the latest US missile strikes on a military airfield in Syria as an attempt to distract from the mounting civilian casualties in Iraq, the Kremlin added.

"Putin also sees the attacks on Syria by the US as an attempt to divert the international community's attention from the numerous casualties among civilians in Iraq."

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons had confirmed that Syrian armed forces do not possess chemical weapons, the Kremlin cited Russian President Vladimir Putin as saying Friday while warning of the danger of ignoring terrorist use of chemical weapons.

Meanwhile, Russia plans to increase air defenses in Syria.

The Russian Defense Ministry said it would be beefing up the Syrian army's ability to shoot down enemy warplanes in the wake of strike.

“To cover the most sensitive objects in Syria’s infrastructure a set of measures will be soon implemented to strengthen and improve the effectiveness of the air defense systems of the Syrian armed forces,” a statement said.

The Ministry also mocked the effectiveness of the attack, saying just 23 of the 59 tomahawk cruise missiles fired from US Navy destroyers had hit their target.

"The combat effectiveness of the US massive missile attack on the Syrian air base is extremely low," the statement continued.

“These actions of the American side are seen as a flagrant violation of the memorandum signed in 2015 on the prevention of incidents and safety during operations in Syrian airspace.”

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver wrote: April 6th, 2017, 10:43 pm
kittycat51 wrote: April 6th, 2017, 10:34 pm
Silver wrote: April 6th, 2017, 8:39 pm Trump sends his Zionist son-in-law to neighboring Iraq before the attack. Is this what you brainless Trumpsters voted for?
Come on Silver, don't be so harsh. I voted Trump because the alternative was NOT a choice. (yeah maybe I could have voted someone else but not enough info at the time stopped me) I'm not brainless and I don't agree with everything Trump is doing so far. It is what it is. You can tear Trump apart all you want but don't accuse those of us who voted for him as being stupid or brainless. (Hindsight is everything)
There are settings options on this forum that will hide my posts from you. I have been against Trump since way before the election so it is not hindsight that I am employing now. If you were to meet me in real life you would quickly realize that there is nothing special about me. I just applied myself a little and determined that Trump was a bad choice. Anyone else here could have done the same.
Why would I want to hide your posts? I like MOST of them :D (really)

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

—John Cassidy

Bashar al-Assad, the President of Syria, must be stunned. For years, his military has been carrying out mass atrocities against Syrian civilians at will: bombing hospitals; dropping barrels filled with oil, shrapnel, and high explosives; and, most gruesomely, shelling civilians with chemical weapons. All this time, he never paid the slightest price. Again and again, Assad’s confederates carried out their gruesome work in defiance of the world, save for his allies in Iran, Russia, and southern Lebanon. And always, Assad got away with it, denying any wrongdoing even in the face of overwhelming eyewitness testimony and physical evidence. Most notoriously, in 2013, the Assad regime shelled the Damascus suburb of East Ghouta with poison gas, killing at least fourteen hundred people and maiming thousands. At the time, instead of taking military action against Assad, President Obama demanded that Syria turn over its chemical-weapons stockpile—an agreement that seemed shaky from the start. Since then, the regime has shelled civilians with chlorine gas on numerous occasions, giving the lie to the deal.

Now, for the first time, Assad is paying a price for the crimes of his regime. Thursday’s missile strike does not appear to be intended to overthrow the Syrian government so much as simply to punish it. The overarching aim of Trump and his advisers appears to be to reëstablish a deterrent against the use of the most terrible of weapons. Whether the strike will have its intended effect won’t be clear for some time.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Drone footage showing Syria’s Shayrat Airbase was released by the Russian Ministry of Defense, following a US missile strike against the facility.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Syria's war: Who is fighting and why [Updated]

Post by Joel »

Watch how the Syrian civil war became the mess it is today.

After four-plus years of fighting, Syria's war has killed at least hundreds of thousands of people and displaced millions. And, though it started as a civil war, it's become much more than that. It's a proxy war that has divided much of the Middle East, and has drawn in both Russia and the United States. To understand how Syria got to this place, it helps to start at the beginning and watch it unfold:

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 4:58 am As much as I believe fighting and war are not the solution to the worlds problems, Trump needed a response and what better than to show America is still strong by attacking on the same day the Chinese President comes for dinner. I think it was a very bold move. I like how in his press conference speech he said: "No child of God should suffer such horror." Don't think Obama or Hillary would have said that.

No child of God should suffer such horror? Are you really that ignorant? We just bombed 100+ civilians in Iraq and no one bats an eye. Not to mention the thousands isis has raped, murdered and enslaved.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Who let Trump watch TV unsupervised? Get Melania over to that White House now and maintain some control there.

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Different wrote: April 7th, 2017, 11:59 am
Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 4:58 am As much as I believe fighting and war are not the solution to the worlds problems, Trump needed a response and what better than to show America is still strong by attacking on the same day the Chinese President comes for dinner. I think it was a very bold move. I like how in his press conference speech he said: "No child of God should suffer such horror." Don't think Obama or Hillary would have said that.

No child of God should suffer such horror? Are you really that ignorant? We just bombed 100+ civilians in Iraq and no one bats an eye. Not to mention the thousands isis has raped, murdered and enslaved.
He is drawing a distinction between the use of chemical weapons and conventional weapons. You may not agree that there should be a distinction, but since WWI most of the world has accepted the idea that chemical weapons were off limits.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

possibly missile attack was executed without presidents authorization.
36 out of 59 tomahawks were downed??
:-B

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

What do ISIS, McCain and the neo-cons think of this attack?

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Fiannan wrote: April 7th, 2017, 1:13 pm What do ISIS, McCain and the neo-cons think of this attack?
FWIW, both Hillary and McCain were urging a strike on Syria hours before Trump authorized it. Wow, just wow. #-o So glad I didn't vote for Trump... he has no freaking clue what 9/11 was all about, what has been going on since and the ulterior motives for war in the middle east or why we're even involved in Syria right now (sending a message to yet another sovereign state that you don't mess with the dollar as global reserve currency). :ymsick:

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

THE HARD-CORE, TOUGH-AS-NAILS, EVIDENCE-DRIVEN LAPDOG PRESS
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/ha ... dog-press/
Charles Goyette

DONALD TRUMP: I’m worth over $10 billion.

LAPDOG PRESS: PROVE IT! SHOW US YOUR TAX RETURNS!

DONALD TRUMP: I watched in New Jersey as thousands cheered the collapse of the World Trade Center.

LAPDOG PRESS: PROVE IT! PROVE IT!

DONALD TRUMP: I had the biggest turn-out ever for my inauguration.

LAPDOG PRESS: PROVE IT! WHERE’S THE PROOF?

DONALD TRUMP: I want to attack a country, kill people in America’s name, and provoke a major nuclear power because Assad used sarin gas.

LAPDOG PRESS: O.K. Sounds good to us!

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Silver wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:40 am Wait, we're talking about Donald Trump, The Hair, The Marmalade In Chief, right? That Trump, right? The same Trump who said he doesn't need to repent because he doesn't do anything wrong?

You need to learn to separate the strategical words (i.e., lies) of politicians spoken to deceive their constituents and the truth.
Woah, some of you here on the forums need to stop personally attacking other members of the forum for having different opinions other than yours. No, I'm not ignorant and yes I know that politicians are often deceiving but because I disagree with you does not give you the right to act that way. Just because you don't like Trump or his decisions, that does not give you the right to call out others that do like him.

Regardless if it is rhetoric or not, I am glad that in these last days of secular and atheist thinking, the President of the United States still acknowledges there is a God! That's all I said and multiple members here object with that?!

We are all children of our Father in Heaven and he wants the best for all of his children. As part of free agency though, we can use that agency to harm others but we will be judged for our actions. Do I agree with the decisions that the USA, China, Russia and Syria have made to kill children of God? No, but the world with agency is a lot more complex than that. They are all a warlike people. I do think Trump is being played but sometimes when the board is setup in a certain way, the moves available aren't what we'd like to do. Do I think that Russia and China and the globalists are setting up Syria and NK to be part of their political plan, its possible but we can only guess what the true intentions are. Greed and power are very contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ but we need to experience right and wrong to know from experience why God's Plan of Salvation and God's laws are set the way they are.

If you can watch the BBC, watch Simon Reeve's latest series on what's going on in Turkey. Many of the Syria refugees have ended up there. Simon visits the area and actually shows what's going on. His series last year in Greece also really explained and showed what's going on with refugees trying to get into Europe through Greece. The series really give a better perspective of what is actually going on. Turkey and Greece have and still are going through very turbulent times exacerbated by the Syrian conflict. Many of the refugees would like to go back to Syria as it is their home.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l56ws

I do not envy the decisions that Trump has to make as President but society and the media are hyper critical and hyper sensitive and no matter what decision he makes, someone isn't going to like it. A response had to be sent in Syria and North Korea. Chemical warfare is a redline. I think Trump is a lot smarter than a lot of people here and in the media give him credit for. He was sitting down for dinner with Chinese President Xi. Trump has made it clear to China in multiple ways that the USA is still the major superpower of the world and not to be messed with. A good offense is a good defense. Trump is on the offense politically and militarily. Russia and China have pushed the world and the United States around for 8 years under Obama but now the USA has a President that isn't going to be pushed around by a couple of bullies who are actually the bad guys here.
Last edited by Sunain on April 7th, 2017, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Justin Trudeau: Canada Fully Supports U.S.'s 'Focused Action' In Syria
CP | By Mike Blanchfield, The Canadian Press
OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says new information received Thursday night from Canada's trusted ally the United States persuaded him that Syrian President Bashar Assad was responsible for the chemical weapons attack on his people this week.

The government was briefed about an hour before a barrage of U.S. cruise missiles was launched Thursday against an airbase in Syria, said Trudeau. He then spoke by phone Friday with President Donald Trump.

The strike prompted an abrupt change in Trudeau's position: after stopping short Thursday of directly blaming Assad, he accused the Syrian government on Friday of using chemical weapons against its own people.

The Conservative opposition seized on Trudeau's comments and accused him of flip-flopping.

But Trudeau made clear he received new information from a credible source, telling reporters in Nova Scotia: "A trusted and reliable ally in the United States informed us that the Assad regime was responsible for these chemical attacks."

Trump and Trudeau discussed the need for a "political solution" to the Syria crisis, the Prime Minister's Office said in a brief synopsis of the call.

Trudeau disclosed the discussions during a long-awaited statement Friday in the House of Commons following Thursday's strike, Trump's response to a gruesome chemical attack Monday in Syria that killed more than 80 civilians.

Trudeau said that about an hour before the U.S. attack, U.S. Defence Secretary Jim Mattis called Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan, who then briefed the prime minister.

"This morning I spoke with the president directly and emphasized that Canada agrees that Assad's repeated use of chemical weapons must not continue," Trudeau said during question period.

"In the face of such heinous war crimes, all civilized peoples must speak with one voice."
Thank goodness our Prime Minster supports this action. Even Trudeau has realized that the situation has changed in Syria.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

War Is Big Business — Defense Stocks Soar After US Strikes In Syria

The Tomahawk missiles fired by the US Navy against a Syrian air base rang up at approximately $1.4 million per missile — and the markets responded by rewarding their manufacturer’s stock.

Shares of Raytheon, which makes Tomahawk missiles, gained 3.54 points, a roughly 2.3 percent increase, in pre-market trading following Thursday night’s strike, Business Insider reported.

While a 2.3 percent change seems modest, consider how it impacts Raytheon’s total market value. Sputnik calculates that based on Raytheon’s Thursday closing price of $150.75, the company’s market value was $44.1 billion. When the markets opened on Friday morning, Raytheon’s value had shot up to $45.4 billion.

Thus, Trump’s strike caused the missile maker to gain $1.4 billion in value overnight.

On Thursday night, the USS Ross and USS Porter fired not one, not two, but 59 missiles at the Syrian Army’s Shayrat airbase. According to US Navy spokesman Rob Koon, each missile costs $1.41 million. Sputnik estimates, then, that Thursday’s strike cost the Navy roughly $83 million on the missiles alone.

Washington believes the airfield played an important role in Assad’s alleged chemical attack in Idlib earlier this week.

In midday trading, Raytheon’s stock cooled off but was still a net gainer since before the attack.

Boeing, meanwhile, saw its stock jump almost 1 percent. Boeing builds everything from missile guidance systems to F/A-18 Super Hornets.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Silver wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:40 am Wait, we're talking about Donald Trump, The Hair, The Marmalade In Chief, right? That Trump, right? The same Trump who said he doesn't need to repent because he doesn't do anything wrong?

You need to learn to separate the strategical words (i.e., lies) of politicians spoken to deceive their constituents and the truth.
Woah, some of you here on the forums need to stop personally attacking other members of the forum for having different opinions other than yours. No, I'm not ignorant and yes I know that politicians are often deceiving but because I disagree with you does not give you the right to act that way. Just because you don't like Trump or his decisions, that does not give you the right to call out others that do like him.

Regardless if it is rhetoric or not, I am glad that in these last days of secular and atheist thinking, the President of the United States still acknowledges there is a God! That's all I said and multiple members here object with that?!

We are all children of our Father in Heaven and he wants the best for all of his children. As part of free agency though, we can use that agency to harm others but we will be judged for our actions. Do I agree with the decisions that the USA, China, Russia and Syria have made to kill children of God? No, but the world with agency is a lot more complex than that. They are all a warlike people. I do think Trump is being played but sometimes when the board is setup in a certain way, the moves available aren't what we'd like to do. Do I think that Russia and China and the globalists are setting up Syria and NK to be part of their political plan, its possible but we can only guess what the true intentions are. Greed and power are very contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ but we need to experience right and wrong to know from experience why God's Plan of Salvation and God's laws are set the way they are.

If you can watch the BBC, watch Simon Reeve's latest series on what's going on in Turkey. Many of the Syria refugees have ended up there. Simon visits the area and actually shows what's going on. His series last year in Greece also really explained and showed what's going on with refugees trying to get into Europe through Greece. The series really give a better perspective of what is actually going on. Turkey and Greece have and still are going through very turbulent times exacerbated by the Syrian conflict. Many of the refugees would like to go back to Syria as it is their home.

I do not envy the decisions that Trump has to make as President but society and the media are hyper critical and hyper sensitive and no matter what decision he makes, someone isn't going to like it. A response had to be sent in Syria and North Korea. Chemical warfare is a redline. I think Trump is a lot smarter than a lot of people here and in the media give him credit for. He was sitting down for dinner with Chinese President Xi. Trump has made it clear to China in multiple ways that the USA is still the major superpower of the world and not to be messed with. A good offense is a good defense. Trump is on the offense politically and militarily. Russia and China have pushed the world and the United States around for 8 years under Obama but now the USA has a President that isn't going to be pushed around by a couple of bullies who are actually the bad guys here.
The US is under the control of a secret combination. Period. Full stop. It's actions are wrong. Bad. Evil. Trump is a part of it. Period. If you can't comprehend how low the US has fallen then you won't be able to see how Trump is complicit.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Tomahawk maker's stock up after U.S. launch on Syria

Raytheon, the company that makes the Tomahawk missiles used in the air strikes on Syria by the United States, is rising in early stock trading Friday.

Investors seem to be betting President Trump's decision to retaliate against Syria after the chemical attack on Syrian citizens earlier this week may mean the Pentagon will need more Tomahawks.

The Department of Defense asked for $2 billion over five years to buy 4,000 Tomahawks for the U.S. Navy in its fiscal 2017 budget last February.

Nearly five dozen Tomahawk cruise missiles were launched at military bases in Syria from U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea late Thursday.

Raytheon (RTN) wasn't the only defense stock rising Friday either. Lockheed Martin (LMT), which partners with Raytheon on the Javelin missile launcher system and also makes Hellfire missiles, gained nearly 1%.

Defense stocks General Dynamics (GD) and Northrop Grumman (NOC) also rallied Friday, a day when the broader market was flat due to a mixed U.S. jobs report.

It's unclear whether President Trump and his Defense Secretary James Mattis will ask for a lot more money for Tomahawks once they officially submit a fiscal 2018 budget request.

But Trump said in his preliminary budget blueprint last month that a broad increase in defense spending was needed. A sizable chunk of that was earmarked for upgrading warships, fighter planes and missiles.

And Republican Senator John McCain, who is also chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in a proposed defense budget that he published in late January that it was critical to invest even more on advanced missile technology.

So it should come as no surprise that defense stocks are among the top performers on Wall Street not just on Friday, but for all of this year.

The SPDR S&P Aerospace & Defense ETF (XAR) has outperformed the S&P 500 so far. And shares of Boeing (BA) are up 14%, making it the second-best stock in the Dow, trailing only Apple (AAPL, Tech30).

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 6:37 pm

No one is insulting anyone. On another note bbc... really....

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

My post bottom of quote^