U.S. Attacks Syria

Discuss political news items / current events.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: U.S. Attacks Syria

Post by Silver »

Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Different wrote: April 7th, 2017, 11:59 am
Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 4:58 am As much as I believe fighting and war are not the solution to the worlds problems, Trump needed a response and what better than to show America is still strong by attacking on the same day the Chinese President comes for dinner. I think it was a very bold move. I like how in his press conference speech he said: "No child of God should suffer such horror." Don't think Obama or Hillary would have said that.
No child of God should suffer such horror? Are you really that ignorant? We just bombed 100+ civilians in Iraq and no one bats an eye. Not to mention the thousands isis has raped, murdered and enslaved.
Silver wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:40 am Wait, we're talking about Donald Trump, The Hair, The Marmalade In Chief, right? That Trump, right? The same Trump who said he doesn't need to repent because he doesn't do anything wrong?

You need to learn to separate the strategical words (i.e., lies) of politicians spoken to deceive their constituents and the truth.
Woah, some of you here on the forums need to stop personally attacking other members of the forum for having different opinions other than yours. No, I'm not ignorant and yes I know that politicians are often deceiving but because I disagree with you does not give you the right to act that way. Just because you don't like Trump or his decisions, that does not give you the right to call out others that do like him.

Regardless if it is rhetoric or not, I am glad that in these last days of secular and atheist thinking, the President of the United States still acknowledges there is a God! That's all I said and multiple members here object with that?!

We are all children of our Father in Heaven and he wants the best for all of his children. As part of free agency though, we can use that agency to harm others but we will be judged for our actions. Do I agree with the decisions that the USA, China, Russia and Syria have made to kill children of God? No, but the world with agency is a lot more complex than that. They are all a warlike people. I do think Trump is being played but sometimes when the board is setup in a certain way, the moves available aren't what we'd like to do. Do I think that Russia and China and the globalists are setting up Syria and NK to be part of their political plan, its possible but we can only guess what the true intentions are. Greed and power are very contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ but we need to experience right and wrong to know from experience why God's Plan of Salvation and God's laws are set the way they are.

If you can watch the BBC, watch Simon Reeve's latest series on what's going on in Turkey. Many of the Syria refugees have ended up there. Simon visits the area and actually shows what's going on. His series last year in Greece also really explained and showed what's going on with refugees trying to get into Europe through Greece. The series really give a better perspective of what is actually going on. Turkey and Greece have and still are going through very turbulent times exacerbated by the Syrian conflict. Many of the refugees would like to go back to Syria as it is their home.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l56ws

I do not envy the decisions that Trump has to make as President but society and the media are hyper critical and hyper sensitive and no matter what decision he makes, someone isn't going to like it. A response had to be sent in Syria and North Korea. Chemical warfare is a redline. I think Trump is a lot smarter than a lot of people here and in the media give him credit for. He was sitting down for dinner with Chinese President Xi. Trump has made it clear to China in multiple ways that the USA is still the major superpower of the world and not to be messed with. A good offense is a good defense. Trump is on the offense politically and militarily. Russia and China have pushed the world and the United States around for 8 years under Obama but now the USA has a President that isn't going to be pushed around by a couple of bullies who are actually the bad guys here.
The US is under the control of a secret combination. Period. Full stop. It's actions are wrong. Bad. Evil. Trump is a part of it. Period. If you can't comprehend how low the US has fallen then you won't be able to see how Trump is complicit.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Tomahawk maker's stock up after U.S. launch on Syria

Raytheon, the company that makes the Tomahawk missiles used in the air strikes on Syria by the United States, is rising in early stock trading Friday.

Investors seem to be betting President Trump's decision to retaliate against Syria after the chemical attack on Syrian citizens earlier this week may mean the Pentagon will need more Tomahawks.

The Department of Defense asked for $2 billion over five years to buy 4,000 Tomahawks for the U.S. Navy in its fiscal 2017 budget last February.

Nearly five dozen Tomahawk cruise missiles were launched at military bases in Syria from U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea late Thursday.

Raytheon (RTN) wasn't the only defense stock rising Friday either. Lockheed Martin (LMT), which partners with Raytheon on the Javelin missile launcher system and also makes Hellfire missiles, gained nearly 1%.

Defense stocks General Dynamics (GD) and Northrop Grumman (NOC) also rallied Friday, a day when the broader market was flat due to a mixed U.S. jobs report.

It's unclear whether President Trump and his Defense Secretary James Mattis will ask for a lot more money for Tomahawks once they officially submit a fiscal 2018 budget request.

But Trump said in his preliminary budget blueprint last month that a broad increase in defense spending was needed. A sizable chunk of that was earmarked for upgrading warships, fighter planes and missiles.

And Republican Senator John McCain, who is also chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said in a proposed defense budget that he published in late January that it was critical to invest even more on advanced missile technology.

So it should come as no surprise that defense stocks are among the top performers on Wall Street not just on Friday, but for all of this year.

The SPDR S&P Aerospace & Defense ETF (XAR) has outperformed the S&P 500 so far. And shares of Boeing (BA) are up 14%, making it the second-best stock in the Dow, trailing only Apple (AAPL, Tech30).

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 6:37 pm
Different wrote: April 7th, 2017, 11:59 am
Sunain wrote: April 7th, 2017, 4:58 am As much as I believe fighting and war are not the solution to the worlds problems, Trump needed a response and what better than to show America is still strong by attacking on the same day the Chinese President comes for dinner. I think it was a very bold move. I like how in his press conference speech he said: "No child of God should suffer such horror." Don't think Obama or Hillary would have said that.
No child of God should suffer such horror? Are you really that ignorant? We just bombed 100+ civilians in Iraq and no one bats an eye. Not to mention the thousands isis has raped, murdered and enslaved.
Silver wrote: April 7th, 2017, 5:40 am Wait, we're talking about Donald Trump, The Hair, The Marmalade In Chief, right? That Trump, right? The same Trump who said he doesn't need to repent because he doesn't do anything wrong?

You need to learn to separate the strategical words (i.e., lies) of politicians spoken to deceive their constituents and the truth.
Woah, some of you here on the forums need to stop personally attacking other members of the forum for having different opinions other than yours. No, I'm not ignorant and yes I know that politicians are often deceiving but because I disagree with you does not give you the right to act that way. Just because you don't like Trump or his decisions, that does not give you the right to call out others that do like him.

Regardless if it is rhetoric or not, I am glad that in these last days of secular and atheist thinking, the President of the United States still acknowledges there is a God! That's all I said and multiple members here object with that?!

We are all children of our Father in Heaven and he wants the best for all of his children. As part of free agency though, we can use that agency to harm others but we will be judged for our actions. Do I agree with the decisions that the USA, China, Russia and Syria have made to kill children of God? No, but the world with agency is a lot more complex than that. They are all a warlike people. I do think Trump is being played but sometimes when the board is setup in a certain way, the moves available aren't what we'd like to do. Do I think that Russia and China and the globalists are setting up Syria and NK to be part of their political plan, its possible but we can only guess what the true intentions are. Greed and power are very contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ but we need to experience right and wrong to know from experience why God's Plan of Salvation and God's laws are set the way they are.

If you can watch the BBC, watch Simon Reeve's latest series on what's going on in Turkey. Many of the Syria refugees have ended up there. Simon visits the area and actually shows what's going on. His series last year in Greece also really explained and showed what's going on with refugees trying to get into Europe through Greece. The series really give a better perspective of what is actually going on. Turkey and Greece have and still are going through very turbulent times exacerbated by the Syrian conflict. Many of the refugees would like to go back to Syria as it is their home.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l56ws

I do not envy the decisions that Trump has to make as President but society and the media are hyper critical and hyper sensitive and no matter what decision he makes, someone isn't going to like it. A response had to be sent in Syria and North Korea. Chemical warfare is a redline. I think Trump is a lot smarter than a lot of people here and in the media give him credit for. He was sitting down for dinner with Chinese President Xi. Trump has made it clear to China in multiple ways that the USA is still the major superpower of the world and not to be messed with. A good offense is a good defense. Trump is on the offense politically and militarily. Russia and China have pushed the world and the United States around for 8 years under Obama but now the USA has a President that isn't going to be pushed around by a couple of bullies who are actually the bad guys here.

No one is insulting anyone. On another note bbc... really....

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

My post bottom of quote^

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Saudi Arabia happy with Trump attacking Syria. This is good news as we know that Saudi Arabia stands for democracy and human rights in the region and wants peace and harmony throughout the world.

Good job Trumpy, you really made the world a better place: http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-mis ... lry-486466

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Fiannan wrote: April 8th, 2017, 12:31 am Saudi Arabia happy with Trump attacking Syria. This is good news as we know that Saudi Arabia stands for democracy and human rights in the region and wants peace and harmony throughout the world.

Good job Trumpy, you really made the world a better place: http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/US-mis ... lry-486466

We shouldn't judge the morality of going to war with Syria based upon what some third party thinks about it. It is either appropriate to be at war with Syria or it isn't. What Saudi Arabia thinks about it is irrelevant. By the same logic we have to conclude the war is OK because UK, France, and Canada all support it.

I personally oppose the war, but it has nothing to do with what Saudi arabia or any other foreign government thinks about it.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Serragon wrote: April 8th, 2017, 12:43 am
Fiannan wrote: April 8th, 2017, 12:31 am Saudi Arabia happy with Trump attacking Syria. This is good news as we know that Saudi Arabia stands for democracy and human rights in the region and wants peace and harmony throughout the world.

We shouldn't judge the morality of going to war with Syria based upon what some third party thinks about it. It is either appropriate to be at war with Syria or it isn't. What Saudi Arabia thinks about it is irrelevant. By the same logic we have to conclude the war is OK because UK, France, and Canada all support it.

I personally oppose the war, but it has nothing to do with what Saudi arabia or any other foreign government thinks about it.
It has everything to do with what Saudi Arabia and Israel might want us to do. I support Israel but have to admit they influence our politics quite a bit. I do not in any way, shape or form support the Saudi regime but due to the petro-dollar they have us by the you-know-whats. Saudi Arabia wants to exports its inhuman philosophy of Wahhabism and that is what is fueling much of this conflict.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Syrian Opposition Now Hails Trump: "Abu Ivanka al-Amriki" (Father of Ivanka the American)
http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/04/sy ... p-abu.html
Some social media users in the Arab world praised Donald Trump for his missile strike on the Syrian government military airfield Friday, even giving him a new nickname, reports The Telegraph.

The users have started referring to President Trump as "Abu Ivanka" - meaning father of Ivanka.

Others used the name "Abu Ivanka al-Amriki" - Father of Ivanka the American.

Of course, it is not clear that Assad did order a chemical attack and Trump did not wait for an investigation to determine who was responsible. But these appear to be minor details for the anti-Assad factions---and there are many factions.

ISIS was certainly one anti-Assad faction that benefitted from Trump's attack.

Al-Masdar reports:
Capitalizing on the U.S. missile strikes, the Islamic State stormed the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) checkpoints near the strategic town of Al-Furqalas.

According to local sources, the Islamic State has yet to make any gains near Al-Fuqalas, but without necessary air support, the situation could worsen in the coming hours.

The Shayrat Military Airport is one of the Syrian Air Force’s most important installations in the fight against the Islamic State due to its proximity to the Palmyra and Deir Ezzor fronts.
And after a bit of early confusion last night, in America, CNN went anti-Assad.

During an early analysis last night of the attack, CNN's Fareed Zakaria, apparently confused as to whether he should be praising Trump or attacking him said quite accurately:
Are we now saying we’re against Assad? Do we want to strengthen ISIS? Do we want the Assad regime to fall?...If so, are we willing to commit ourselves to that goal? If not, we've just thrown bombs in the middle of one of the most complex civil wars in the country. I don't know what the US goal is.
But then apparently getting the signal that when it comes to the use of military force Trump is to be supported (even on CNN), he flipped and said:
I think Donald Trump became president of the United States last night. I think this was actually a big moment...President Trump recognized that the president of the United States does have to act to enforce international norms.
And there you have it, A president launching an attack in a far off land on questionable grounds and he is "Father of Ivanka the American," both for many Arabs and sadly many Americans who get juiced at the news of American missile launched.

If this would be the only military action by Trump in his years as president, it could be written off as an outlier but he has surrounded himself with war hawks, who will want to see more than an airfield destroyed. In the future, they will want to see blood, based on the insane idea that the United States should be policeman to the world--and see the world made into their vision. And Trump is naive enough to give them just the global brutality they desire. How this will all play out no one knows, but the idea that Trump will be the peace president is absurd. He is, indeed, the father of the Social Justice Warrior and war hawk Ivanka. More blood is coming.

And Eric Margolis comments:
So we just saw the US launch 59 or 60 $1.5million apiece cruise missiles at a western Syrian airfield to express President Trump’s outrage caused by seeing injured children allegedly caused by a Syrian government toxic gas attack.
But what, Mr. President, about all those Iraqi, Syrian and Afghan babies killed by US B-52 and B-1 heavy bombers? Or the destruction of the defiant Iraqi city of Fallujah where the US used forbidden white phosphorus that burns right to the bone?
And this from Margolis:
The cruise missile strike was planned well in advance and the missiles programmed accordingly. This was likely done before the alleged chemical attack. What a hell of a rude act to launch the attack just before China’s leader, Xi Jinping, sat down to dinner with Trump in Palm Beach. This was the most important China-US meeting since President Richard Nixon went to meet Chairman Mao in 1972. What a monumental loss of face for Xi and for China. He was made to look small and irrelevant. Was this planned in advance? Xi should have walked out, gotten onto his plane and returned to China.
Couldn’t Trump have waited till Xi’s visit was over, a mere additional day? What was so urgent about bombing a Syrian air base?

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Nigel Farage Turnning on Donald Trump After Missile Strikes
http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/04/ni ... trump.html
Good for Farage.

The Telegraph reports:
Nigel Farage, Milo Yiannopoulos, Katie Hopkins, Right-wing vlogger Paul Joseph Watson, Ukip leader Paul Nuttall and Ukip donor Arron Banks are among the Trump supporters who have been disappointed by their hero.

Mr Farage said: "I am very surprised by this. I think a lot of Trump voters will be waking up this morning and scratching their heads and saying 'where will it all end?'

"As a firm Trump supporter, I say, yes, the pictures were horrible, but I’m surprised. Whatever Assad’s sins, he is secular."

He said Britain should not get involved in any further strikes, commenting: "Previous interventions in the Middle East have made things worse rather than better...
Infowars' Paul Joseph Watson said: "I guess Trump wasn't 'Putin's puppet' after all, he was just another deep state/Neo-Con puppet. I'm officially OFF the Trump train.

"It's been fun lads, but the fun is over. I'll be focusing my efforts on Le Pen, who tried to warn Trump against this disaster."

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Russian Prime Minister Dimity Medvedev's Statement on the US Attack in Syria is a Must Read
http://www.targetliberty.com/2017/04/ru ... edevs.html
The Duran notes:
The normally soft-spoken and some would say closet liberal Russian Prime Minister Dimity Medvedev issued a deeply negative assessment of Donald Trump and the current state of US Russian relations,
Here's the statement:
That’s it. The last remaining election fog has lifted. Instead of an overworked statement about a joint fight against the biggest enemy, ISIS (the Islamic State), the Trump administration proved that it will fiercely fight the legitimate Syrian government, in a tough contradiction with international law and without UN approval, in violation of its own procedures stipulating that the Congress must first be notified of any military operation unrelated to aggression against the US. On the verge of a military clash with Russia.
Nobody is overestimating the value of pre-election promises but there must be limits of decency.
Beyond that is absolute mistrust. Which is really sad for our now completely ruined relations. And which is good news for terrorists.
One more thing. This military action is a clear indication of the US President’s extreme dependency on the opinion of the Washington establishment, the one that the new president strongly criticised in his inauguration speech. Soon after his victory, I noted that everything would depend on how soon Trump’s election promises would be broken by the existing power machine. It took only two and a half months.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Michael Savage, peacenik?

I am a conservative peacenick: Do you want war with Russia?
http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/2017/0 ... th-russia/
Michael Savage monologue

All day we’re talking about the Nuclear Option. Nuclear Option? What happens when the world goes nuclear? Today, the Congress decided to go nuclear … that is use the so called Nuclear Option to blow up the filibuster for a straight up or down vote on Supreme Court nominee Gorsuch. Even though Harry Reid started using the Nuclear Option in 2013 on lower court judges and Democrats and the media were all for it, now they’re acting like the world is coming to an end.

But they’re ignoring a possibility of the world really coming to an end.

Democrats have been poking the Russian bear since Trump won the election. The constant accusations of them fixing our election is not making them friendly towards us in the least. And why are they doing it? Because Trump said he could work with them?

But it doesn’t stop there. People in Trump’s own sphere are turning him towards the beating war drums. Dems and the establishment GOP both handcuffed loyal Trump advisers like Jeff Sessions, and now Devin Nunes, to take themselves out of any investigations on the Russia conspiracy. Steve Bannon, a close adviser is asked to step down from his NSC role.

Who got to you Mr. President? Who is whispering in your ear and could have made you make this dramatic of a change towards Russia in just three days?

I believe it’s the generals. Trump has given generals great power in his administration and they are using it to their advantage just like in WWI.

Like Trump, Woodrow Wilson ran on an America First platform. He was elected largely because he kept us out of the war in Europe. But someone got to him, too. They turned him to declare that ‘neutrality was no longer feasible or desirable.’ And after the war, when Wilson tried to rally the world for a lasting peace, and to form the League of Nations, our Congress wanted no part of it. And the deal that was reached to secure the peace in Europe became a punishment to the losers. And where did that lead? An even worse conflict were millions more died. That gave us the United Nations.

And what happened in that body yesterday? Nikki Haley, Trump’s pick for U.N. ambassador, laid the law down to Russia about the attacks in Syria, saying their acts were unconscionable, accusing them for their complicity in the deaths of children.

All of this is on the generals. Maybe Bannon was the one fighting with the generals, the only one standing against war, and now he’s gone. It’s generals who rushed world powers in WWI, and it’s happening again. Their powers increase with war. They shouldn’t want war, they should want peace.
President Trump came on the air with me and said if he was elected, he could talk to Russia even before he took office. That’s what making peace is about.

The Dems turned it into a crime and want to impeach him over it. The generals have gotten to him and turned him from peace with Russia. And the people standing in the way of war, like Steve Bannon, are being shown the door.
This beating of the war drums with Russia has to stop.

Read more at http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/2017/0 ... bSEIzti.99

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

UPDATE!

WASHINGTON—Amid concerns that a U.S. attack on a Syrian government air base would only escalate the ongoing conflict in the region, President Trump assured Americans Friday that his decision to order a missile strike came only after carefully considering every one of his passing whims. “I want to make it perfectly clear that the decision to launch a military intervention in Syria was the result of meticulously reviewing each fleeting impulse that I felt over the last 48 hours,” said Trump, adding that after learning of chemical weapons used by Bashar al-Assad’s forces to kill innocent Syrian civilians, he gathered his top military aides to pore over dozens of his sudden knee-jerk reactions to the situation. “I examined many different options that whirled through my mind in the moment, including authorizing drone strikes, deploying U.S. troops to Syria, sending in SEAL Team Six to take out Assad, getting up and grabbing a snack from the kitchen, doing nothing, and dropping all our nuclear bombs on Damascus at once. Ultimately, I concluded that an airstrike was the best option at that particular second.” Trump went on to say that if the Assad regime’s behavior continues, he will not hesitate to order further military action if he hasn’t already completely forgotten about Syria by then.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Trump supporter Michael Savage rips Trump.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

Separatist wrote: April 6th, 2017, 7:56 pm Trump is the only one allowed to kill innocent civilians. He's been doing it for weeks. When someone steps on his toes, it's go time.
Let's not forget that for nearly everyday of the Obama administration, Obama was launching rockets in the Middle East. Trump hasn't even come close to what the Obama administration did over there, yet.... Hopefully he wont come close. We go into WW3 there will be countless.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

url]https://consortiumnews.com/2017/01/18/o ... ng-legacy/[/url]

Sorry, I guess I should provide some information supporting my claim. There are plenty of other sources out there, Google is your friend.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Superb article from Glenn Greenwald. It is a bit long so I won't post the whole thing here, but it is a must read imo.

The Spoils of War: Trump Lavished With Media and Bipartisan Praise For Bombing Syria

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Gadianton-run Mass Media organizations are so predictable. Remember how before the election the traitorous press claimed that Trump, who had no political experience, would start WW3? Now that same group of liars are praising Trump for killing brown people in another country. Not just any country, mind you. This is a country that borders Israel and has a Russian base. This is a country where uninvited US troops have already been inserted. So, Trumpsters, do you really want to be on the same side as the bought-and-paid-for liberal press? You Trump supporters better put on your tap shoes and see if you can dance your way out of this dilemma.

http://fair.org/home/five-top-papers-ru ... -critical/
Five Top Papers Run 18 Opinion Pieces Praising Syria Strikes–Zero Are Critical
By Adam Johnson

NYT: On Syria Attack, Trump's Heart Came First

Not The Onion.

Five major US newspapers—the New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Wall Street Journal and New York Daily News—offered no opinion space to anyone opposed to Donald Trump’s Thursday night airstrikes. By contrast, the five papers ran a total of 18 op-eds, columns or “news analysis” articles (dressed-up opinion pieces) that either praised the strikes or criticized them for not being harsh enough:

New York Times
After the Missiles, We Need Smart Diplomacy on Syria (4/7/17)
Acting on Instinct, Trump Upends His Own Foreign Policy (4/7/17) (originally headlined “On Syria Attack, Trump’s Heart Came First”—presumably changed due to social media mockery)
Trump Raises the Stakes for Russia and Iran (4/7/17)
Syria’s ‘Conundrum’: Limited Strikes Risk Entrenching Assad’s Strategy (4/7/17)

Washington Post
Editorial: Trump’s Chance to Step Into the Global Leadership Vacuum (4/7/17)
Trump Enforces the ‘Red Line’ on Chemical Weapons (4/6/17)
Trump Has an Opportunity to Right Obama’s Wrongs in Syria (4/6/17)
Syrian Opposition Leader: Trump Has a Chance to Save Syria (4/7/17)
Was Trump’s Syria Strike a Moral Impulse or a Policy Change? (4/7/17)
Will Trump’s Decision to Strike Syria Reset His Presidency? (4/7/17)
Trump Might Be Going to War. But He Has No Plans for Establishing Peace (4/7/17) (Though the piece has criticism of Trump, it starts by declaring that the missile strikes were “an appropriate response to an act of unspeakable horror.”)

Wall Street Journal
Editorial: Trump’s Syria Opportunity (4/7/17)
With Strike on Syria, Trump Sends a Global Message (4/7/17)

USA Today
Editorial: Trump Pulls the Trigger in Syria (4/7/17)
Syria Missile Strike Could Lead to Political Solution (4/7/17)

Daily News
Praise Trump’s Syria Action, but Question His Explanation (4/7/17)
Trump’s Syria Response Raises Urgent Questions (4/7/17)
Trump’s Syria Action: A Limited Strike for a Specific Purpose (4/7/17)

Some, such as “The Riddle of Trump’s Syria Attack” (New York Times, 4/7/17) and “Was That Syria Attack Legal? Only Congress Can Say” (USA Today, 4/7/17) were value neutral—neither expressly in support of the attacks nor opposing them.

Cable news coverage was equally fawning. In the hours immediately following the attack, MSNBC had on a seemingly never-ending string of military brass and reporters who uncritically repeated the assertion the strikes were “proportional” and “limited.” MSNBC didn’t give a platform to a single dissenting voice until four hours after the attacks began, when host Chris Hayes, according to his own account, had on two guests opposed to the airstrikes in the midnight slot. MSNBC host Brian Williams got into a bit of hot water when he lovingly admired a slick video sent over by the Pentagon showing tomahawk missiles being fired from US navy vessels (FAIR.org, 4/7/17).

CNN’s resident Serious Military Person Lt. Gen Mark Hertling repeated over and over—seemingly on script—that the strikes were “bold, tactical.” CNN’s Fareed Zakaria gushed praise on Trump Friday morning (4/7/17; FAIR.org, 4/7/17), telling host Alisyn Camerota, “I think Donald Trump became president of the United States…. This was a big moment.”

Due to the mostly bipartisan support for the airstrikes, it’s somewhat predictable that corporate media would follow suit. No need to debate the morality or utility of the strikes, because the scene played out per usual: Dictator commits an alleged human rights violation, the media calls on those in power to “do something” and the ticking time bomb compels immediate action, lest we look “weak” on the “global stage.” Anything that deviates from this narrative is given token attention at best. (end quote)

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"Ex-UK Ambassador: Assad wasn't behind the chemical attack"

Post by sushi_chef »

:-B

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"Forty-five Times Trump Said: Attacking Syria Is a Bad Idea and Might Start World War III"

Post by sushi_chef »

dup :-B :-B

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Assad's government had been working towards backing their currency (the pound) with gold while challenging the western bankers by doing the same thing Saddam Hussein and Muammar Gaddafi were doing... opening up their own oil bourse and only accepting gold or euros instead of dollars. This is the main reason why I did not and could note vote for Trump... he is clueless to what has been going on since 9/11 (and what 9/11 was all about) and not only began stocking his administration with globalists, neo-cons and CFR members, he started loading up the treasury with Goldman-Sachs bankers while clamoring for $50 billion more for the MIC as if they hadn't raped and pillaged the public purse enough over the last 16 years... unreal! So much for real change. :ymsick: