Sound Money

Discuss political news items / current events.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Sound Money

Post by Silver »

Toto wrote: March 22nd, 2017, 11:42 am Maine Law Would Support Ownership of Sound Money
Posted on March 8th, 2017

As more states reduce the costs and barriers to precious metals ownership, those who diversify some of their savings into hard money will continue to grow, and the concept of sound money will become more widely accepted.

While there is a tremendous amount of work to do, we should be encouraged that the stranglehold central planners have over our money is beginning to loosen. People are taking notice that something about the debt-laden economy and their money isn’t right. And people are realizing that money backed by nothing isn’t actually money at all.

Full article:
https://www.soundmoneydefense.org/news/ ... ney-000093
Well, it is backed by ever-increasing military budgets. Because we are a warlike people. If you don't like our greenbacks, well, we'll just kill you and your babies. Kinda makes you proud, don't it? Makes you wanna stand up and sing patriotic songs and make speeches from the gazebo at the park across the street from city hall. Of course, the gazebo will be decorated real nice in red, white and blue bunting. I'm sure the chamber of commerce will have a stand there with free lemonade and hot dogs.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

True story Silver, we are a warlike people. It seems like a trait carried forward from the pre-existence. I don’t know, I forgot everything when I arrived here.

It would appear the Trump administration has been captured by the military industrial complex and I expect our warlike tendencies will continue to raise havoc on the world stage in the very near future. It is not encouraging to know we haven’t advanced past the poppy fields that, like paper money, support the terrorism that advances military adventurism. While a move towards a sound monetary system is not a do all end all solution, I believe it is a move in the right direction, and a necessary piece of the puzzle if humanity is to progress beyond the anti-civilization as is now currently trending.

It is a play of incredible magnitude being played out on the stage where the script involves the actors on the stage destroying not only themselves, but the audience, the stage, and the theater. And since the owner of the theater considers it a pet project, he is hoping the audience will choose to participate in the play and change the script from a tragedy to a world of peace and abundance humanity was intended to experience.

If we can focus on what every person could do in their life, if they chose not to feed the machinery, and make sure what they do with their value exchange gives life to themselves, their family, community, and the general economy, things could evolve in a very powerful way.

But we’re going to have to do it under the values reflected in the Constitution. If we don’t do this, everybody will have a microchip, and I hear they are going 100% with the debit card. Either way, money will be digital, and we will not be living in a world of humanity, but one of slavery. The inability to perfect human collateral is what killed the slave trade. If they can advance the cashless society, they can perfect the collateral.

Setting gold and silver free as competing currencies to Federal Reserve Notes won’t be easy and it won’t happen overnight. I’ve been fighting this battle for fifteen years now, and I’m grateful that progress is being made. Never the less, getting something done in reality requires action.

There is a choice and we have our free agency to make that choice, and there is a chance we might not make it. Reality is difficult, complicated, and depressing sometimes. At times I feel like I just want to give up the fight and go in a downstream focus. But knowing the destination is a sea of tears is enough to keep me swimming upstream against the current. So I appreciate your support and your efforts Silver, and hope when the dust settles we come out on the winning side.

Because the other side is not acceptable.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

This post is dedicated to Silver. Anybody else should just move along....nothing to see here.

I think it will be some kind of a re-set. The biggest situation is are the bankers going to be ahead of it or behind it. And that’s something that even they, as arrogant as they are, may lose control of. If that’s the case them what we’re going to see is a lot of SOC’s (self-organizing communities)...

If you believe that money is power, and people own the money, then the people have the power. It’s really that simple.

So let’s just take that one step further and say, only gold and silver are allowed as money. Now I’m not saying that’s the case by a long shot, but let’s just do the thought experiment. If only gold and silver were money and now for the first time that we know of more gold is owned privately that is owed institutionally, it’s about 50-50. But still that’s a large amount of gold in private hands. So again, if the people have the power, which equates to money, or real money in my view from the long term perspective of monetary history, then they have the power. And that’s what you want. If you want self-governance then you want to have the power in the people.

--David Morgan

AZ & UT Gold & Silver Bills: Reclaiming Our Liberty as Free Persons | David Morgan
Reluctant Preppers

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Toto wrote: March 25th, 2017, 4:56 pm This post is dedicated to Silver. Anybody else should just move along....nothing to see here.
Thank you, sir. I watched part of the video last night. Quite good. I will view the rest today.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

U.S. Economic Collapse Update, April 2017

Fear sells, but… Silver - Mid 13’s or 14’s? Whoa!!! If you've got you food storage and every needful thing in place, three months cash, get ready to back up the truck!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Toto wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 10:27 pm U.S. Economic Collapse Update, April 2017

Fear sells, but… Silver - Mid 13’s or 14’s? Whoa!!! If you've got you food storage and every needful thing in place, three months cash, get ready to back up the truck!
It wasn't so long ago that the price of silver was $14-something and therefore easy to imagine it falling back to that range again. Great opportunity if the food storage, etc. requirements are done.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

holyweekflogabanker (1).jpg
holyweekflogabanker (1).jpg (108.42 KiB) Viewed 726 times

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Toto wrote: April 15th, 2017, 8:59 pm holyweekflogabanker (1).jpg
Soon. Not yet, but soon.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Arizona Legislature Ends Income Taxation On Gold And Silver
MAY 10, 2017

Phoenix, Arizona (May 10th, 2017) – Sound money advocates scored a major victory today when the Arizona state senate voted 16-13 to remove all income taxation of precious metals at the state level. The measure heads to Governor Doug Ducey, who is expected to sign it into law.

Under House Bill 2014, introduced by Representative Mark Finchem (R-Tucson), Arizona taxpayers will simply back out all precious metals “gains” and “losses” reported on their federal tax returns from the calculation of their Arizona adjusted gross income (AGI).

If taxpayers own gold to protect themselves against the devaluation of America’s paper currency, thanks to the inflationary practices of the Federal Reserve, they frequently end up with a “gain” when exchanging those metals back into dollars. However, this is not necessarily a real gain in terms of a gain in actual purchasing power. This “gain” is often a nominal gain because of the slow but steady devaluation of the dollar.

A few state legislatures, including Utah and Idaho, have also taken steps toward eliminating income taxation on the monetary metals. Other states are rolling back sales taxes on gold and silver or setting up precious metals depositories to help citizens save and transact in gold and silver bullion.

Read entire article here: http://www.activistpost.com/2017/05/ari ... ilver.html

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

It has been my contention for years that if the career politicians in my state had a couple of brain cells that could be rubbed together, they would set SOUND MONEY aside in the “rainy day fund.” But seeing how there is no one with any authority from the people through the Constitution(s) to hold any position of public service for failure to file an Oath of Office as required by that law which is constitutional, until the People wake from their slumber I suppose this is just so much rhetoric:

Time to Hedge State Reserve Funds with Gold

Excerpts:

Financially prudent individuals set aside surplus funds to protect against unforeseen expenditures. This way, when faced with loss of income, house repairs, car trouble, or anything else, they will have a buffer against unanticipated downturns.
But simply plowing rainy day funds into Federal Reserve Notes (commonly referred to as “dollars”) or other paper instruments is taking an entirely new gamble – inflation.

It is unwise to store large amounts of cash for extended periods of time because of constant and intentional devaluation of the Federal Reserve Note. This tax on savings is known as inflation. It works on both the micro and the macro level. For the same reason an individual would be remiss to hold his or her entire life savings in cash for the duration of his or her entire life, a state would be remiss to hold large amounts of cash for extended periods of time.

The longer the time horizon, the riskier holding onto dollar-based IOUs becomes.

But it seems there is at least one individual in Tennessee who has retained some cognitive function:

One Tennessee lawmaker named Representative Bud Hulsey (R-Kingsport) understands the risk involved in long term storage of Federal Reserve Notes, and he has proposed to do something about it by introducing House Bill 0777. House Bill 0777 is a measure that calls for the treasurer to invest at least 40% of the reserve for revenue fluctuations in gold bullion or other precious metals bullion.

Full article here: https://www.soundmoneydefense.org/news/ ... 0?AID=3818

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Texas to build its own massive gold repository in Leander, Texas… first step toward secession?
Saturday, November 25, 2017 by: Jayson Veley

(Natural News) Texas officials have officially announced the location of the Texas Bullion Depository, bringing the Lone Star State one step closer to making the facility fully operational. Once the Texas Bullion Depository is finished, it will represent a significant departure from the federal government, leading many to believe that this could be not only the end of the Federal Reserve’s monopoly on money, but also the first step towards secession.

In June of 2015, Texas Governor Greg Abbot signed legislation for the state gold bullion and precious metal depository. In addition to proving a secure place for people and businesses to store their gold and other precious metals, the depository will also allow people to use gold and silver in business transactions, meaning that they will be able to deport their precious metals in the depository and pay others either electronically or via a written check.

More at this link: https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-11-25- ... ssion.html

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Silver wrote: April 3rd, 2017, 5:37 am
Toto wrote: April 2nd, 2017, 10:27 pm U.S. Economic Collapse Update, April 2017

It wasn't so long ago that the price of silver was $14-something and therefore easy to imagine it falling back to that range again. Great opportunity if the food storage, etc. requirements are done.
Financial Times wrote:
Solar power driving new demand for silver

May 13, 2016 - Solar power driving new demand for silver. Precious metal may be one of few commodities that benefits from the rollout of renewable energy.

No, Really it's the Energy, that has real value, upon which to base a currency :!:
https://www.streetwisereports.com/pub/na/back-the-dollar-with-energy-not-gold wrote: ... There are 36 kwhr in a gallon of gasoline. If the dollar is valued at 4 kwhrs, a gallon of gasoline would be worth about $9. This is much higher than current prices ($3.55) because the costs of wars to protect foreign oil, pollution, and resource depletion costs are socialized into national debt instead of being properly capitalized into gasoline prices. The true cost of gasoline to the economy is about $14 a gallon. Socializing costs distorts the free markets ability to adapt and fulfill our duty to Posterity. ...