Trump as a problem for the GOP

Discuss political news items / current events.
gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Trump as a problem for the GOP

Post by gkearney »

While Trump and the Republicans may now be in a celebratory mood, having won the presidency and both houses of congress there is a problem ahead for them. They are now in control of all the centres of power in the government. They now have to produce and further they have no one to blame if they don't.

Obama will be gone, the Clintons are irrelevant. So it now all falls to Trump and the Republican congress. Don't produce all those jobs? Guess who gets blamed for that? Don't build that wall? Well, who fault will that be? The list just goes on and on. Every administration needs some outside entity to blame for missed objectives or promises not kept but this administration has none. Every time something doesn't work out the blame will fall on only Trump and the GOP they simply have no one else they can point to. It's a problem for them, one of their own making. You always want to keep a few people of the opposition around so you have someone to blame when things do not go as planned.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Re: Trump as a problem for the GOP

Post by Separatist »

The last thing I want is government officials to "produce". God forbid.

That said, he can easily lay the blame on establishment, career, crony GOP'ers who hedge up the way. Probably won't stop Trump who will just executive ordering things to death. Here's to hoping the states will push back.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Separatist wrote:The last thing I want is government officials to "produce". God forbid.

That said, he can easily lay the blame on establishment, career, crony GOP'ers who hedge up the way. Probably won't stop Trump who will just executive ordering things to death. Here's to hoping the states will push back.
I predict the first three and a half years will be "great"..... :ymparty:

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I expect some of the so-called republicans in Trump's cabinet and in the US Congress are globalists or certainly beholden to the globalists and will be prevailed upon to support the globalist agenda, which at this point in time includes assisting more migrants to come into the United States wall or no wall, further surrender of the sovereignty of the United States to foreign powers, especially the UN, further inflation and devaluation of the U.S. dollar, more "trade deals" hurtful to American businesses, more deliberately wasteful spending of American's wealth, increased welfare including foreign aid and corporate bailouts, continued terrorist attacks fomented by establishment globalists, more warfare, and efforts to provoke Russia and China to attack the Uinted States, and more military technology given one way or another to Russia and China. One of my biggest hopes is that Trump will figure all this out and tell the American people.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

I disagree.
I don't think the Republicans won anything.
I think Donald Trump won everything.
Without Donald Trump, the beast would now be ruling with an iron hoof.
Is there anyone here who seriously thinks any Republican candidate could have won this presidential election?
I don't.
dc