The Standoff in Oregon and Killing of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum

Discuss political news items / current events.
kennyhs
captain of 1,000

Re: The Standoff in Oregon and Killing of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum

Post by kennyhs »

freedomforall wrote:
mirkwood wrote:The video is very grainy. The officer on the left looks to have a very "blocky" pistol. Maybe it is a taser, maybe it is just grainy video. Really hard to say. I can say his shooting stance is way out of the ordinary. The stance is reminiscent of many taser deployments I have seen.
Do you concur with the retired officer as to how wrong in almost every aspect the method of law enforcement in shooting unarmed citizens?
They had no intention of allowing the group to arrive in John Day, even after Lavoy told them they were headed there to meet sheriff Glen Palmer. Why did they ambush them instead of arresting them in John Day?
This whole situation wreaks with lawlessness by the Harney County police and the Feds. They must have been to chicken to mix it up with Sheriff Palmer, and they already had Sheriff Ward in their pocket.
I believe their strategy was to make and example of him. He was set-up, they shot through the windows of his truck over and over again, it was like they were playing army! Then one of them fliped a bird at Lavoy's dead body, he enjoyed killing him, and why? Really, with all the murdering and kidnapping of children, blood running in the streets, this pales in comparison, except that he messed with the federal government.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

There are only two possible stories. Truth and lies. There are no other choices. Clearly the police are lying their arses off. Anyone that attempts to defend the actions of the cold blooded murderers are pure evil Satan disciples. It is not possible to be uncertain about these events. Everyone knows for a fact that LaVoy's murder was a carefully planned event. So any cop that claims that the videos are vague or that the possibility exists that this was anything short of cold blooded, calculated, first degree murder, is a part of the conspiracy and is accepting Satan himself in person as their master and leader. There are no other options. To know for a fact beyond any possible exception that this is murder and to call it anything else is despicable.

We have experienced Obama and others tell bold faced lies and this is an example of such.

So anyone in your ward or family that suggests that LaVoy's murder was anything else is a part of the murder.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

light-one wrote:There are only two possible stories. Truth and lies. There are no other choices. Clearly the police are lying their arses off. Anyone that attempts to defend the actions of the cold blooded murderers are pure evil Satan disciples. It is not possible to be uncertain about these events. Everyone knows for a fact that LaVoy's murder was a carefully planned event. So any cop that claims that the videos are vague or that the possibility exists that this was anything short of cold blooded, calculated, first degree murder, is a part of the conspiracy and is accepting Satan himself in person as their master and leader. There are no other options. To know for a fact beyond any possible exception that this is murder and to call it anything else is despicable.

We have experienced Obama and others tell bold faced lies and this is an example of such.

So anyone in your ward or family that suggests that LaVoy's murder was anything else is a part of the murder.
At this point it may be Lavoy's wife and her attorneys only chance to bring down the corruption and deception. According to her remarks in that video, her attorneys are out for squeezing blood out of a turnip so to speak. Time will tell.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Of course, the 'blood out of that turnip' is our taxed blood.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

buffalo_girl wrote:Of course, the 'blood out of that turnip' is our taxed blood.
I guess Mirk didn't want to answer my query. Even he should have seen the whole operation was an ambush, and an unlawful one at that. They used deadly force in so many ways that it was overkill. But they wanted to kill him to save face and to let Americans know that the Feds can do whatever they want even when it goes against the Constitution.
And I wonder why the Finicum group didn't have a convoy of other patriots front and rear of them, and maybe some officers from Grant County or state troopers providing them some security. It was well known they were headed to speak with the Sheriff up there. But they were left alone to fend for themselves. I find this troubling.
Last edited by freedomforall on March 14th, 2016, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Mirkwood is a sheriff's deputy in Utah, and probably understands the events of that day as well as anyone.

It seems the media is focusing on certain unwise actions of the protesters and neglecting improper actions of the LEOs and their management.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:Mirkwood is a sheriff's deputy in Utah, and probably understands the events of that day as well as anyone.

It seems the media is focusing on certain unwise actions of the protesters and neglecting improper actions of the LEOs and their management.
I just hope Sister Finicum has some cops with enough backbone to reveal how that ambush was executed in such a way as to show how much animosity the Feds and Harney County cops had against Lavoy. Sometimes a raging fire has to be fought with a back fire. Will her attorneys know all there is to correct ways and incorrect ways of using deadly force against people heading to meet with law enforcement in another County. It is very clear the killers didn't want the Finicum group to reach John Day because they didn't want to deal with Sheriff Palmer. Doesn't this alone prove that bad cops and Feds will do whatever they want to whomever they want? Didn't they incite the incident.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I guess Mirk didn't want to answer my query. Even he should have seen the whole operation was an ambush, and an unlawful one at that. They used deadly force in so many ways that it was overkill.

These are times in which to protect one's own position. Without knowing ALL the details regarding Lavoy Finicum's encounter with these apparent 'idiot' LEO's, it could prove dangerous to a person's professional credibility to venture an 'opinion' on so highly controversial a situation.

My cynical comment 'turnip blood' is one of the ugly truths we live with. Our tax dollars are employed against us by funding the very operations which increasingly deny us our freedom. When someone does have the evidence to make a case worthy of compensation against a government entity, who provides the dollar amount awarded to those injured by government injustice?

That's one of the major reasons these toads get away with what they do. The costs for their mayhem aren't coming out of their work or efforts. Congress keeps doling out our debt to the Federal Reserve to fund these mad dog operations.

I found the autopsy report somehow comforting. Not sure I can fully explain that, but I feel certain Brother Finicum was exactly who he said he was. I pray the LORD will use this sad situation to bring others to a greater awareness of our 'awful situation'.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

freedomforall wrote:

I guess Mirk didn't want to answer my query.

Actually I didn't see your comment.
freedomforall wrote: Even he should have seen the whole operation was an ambush, and an unlawful one at that. They used deadly force in so many ways that it was overkill. But they wanted to kill him to save face and to let Americans know that the Feds can do whatever they want even when it goes against the Constitution.
You are speculating with basically one side of the story...the Finicum side. I've already stated my thoughts on this and without more information, I have nothing else to add.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

mirkwood wrote:
freedomforall wrote:

I guess Mirk didn't want to answer my query.

Actually I didn't see your comment.
freedomforall wrote: Even he should have seen the whole operation was an ambush, and an unlawful one at that. They used deadly force in so many ways that it was overkill. But they wanted to kill him to save face and to let Americans know that the Feds can do whatever they want even when it goes against the Constitution.
You are speculating with basically one side of the story...the Finicum side. I've already stated my thoughts on this and without more information, I have nothing else to add.
Actually, my comments corroborate a retired police officer's view of the ambush, and I posted it. Where there are two witnesses type of thing, speaking of officers having a trained eye so to speak. I haven't researched for your comments.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

buffalo_girl wrote:
I guess Mirk didn't want to answer my query. Even he should have seen the whole operation was an ambush, and an unlawful one at that. They used deadly force in so many ways that it was overkill.

These are times in which to protect one's own position. Without knowing ALL the details regarding Lavoy Finicum's encounter with these apparent 'idiot' LEO's, it could prove dangerous to a person's professional credibility to venture an 'opinion' on so highly controversial a situation.

My cynical comment 'turnip blood' is one of the ugly truths we live with. Our tax dollars are employed against us by funding the very operations which increasingly deny us our freedom. When someone does have the evidence to make a case worthy of compensation against a government entity, who provides the dollar amount awarded to those injured by government injustice?

That's one of the major reasons these toads get away with what they do. The costs for their mayhem aren't coming out of their work or efforts. Congress keeps doling out our debt to the Federal Reserve to fund these mad dog operations.

I found the autopsy report somehow comforting. Not sure I can fully explain that, but I feel certain Brother Finicum was exactly who he said he was. I pray the LORD will use this sad situation to bring others to a greater awareness of our 'awful situation'.
Turnips blood indeed.

I believe the key issue or failure is how the problems are approached. The police (in all their flavors) are simply hired guns. Nobody will win contesting with them. Brings out the riding for the brand and similar psychologies as well as making them defensive. Adding any level of lawbreaking simply gives them the justifiable high ground...no matter whether they are just or unjust.

The approach ought to be (imo fwiw) going after those who hire the guns or who make the laws. Our representatives work for us (even if they forget). They are the ones who need their cages rattled.

Of course that's only if one can get a majority to buy into their position. If not then it's ride it out, preach the word, etc until that position changes. Or find a new group of people to co-exist with.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Honestly, light-one, life is so full of shades of gray, that it could be a mixture. For example, one of the women in the truck said that the leos started shooting before Lavoy took off from the first roadblock. The cell phone video clearly shows that was not the case. Was she lying? I don't think so. I think she was terrified, and remembering to the best of her ability.

Was the intent to kill Lavoy from the beginning? In other words, did they set up the roadblock so they could do him in? I don't think so. He was yelling at them. He stood up to them without any fear. That may be a warning sign, to law enforcement, that this person has nothing to lose and may not think twice before taking down some officers. And, heaven and earth both know that this country has been having more and more violence all the time - people willing to kill at the drop of a hat. How could they know Lavoy was any different?

According to the autopsy report I posted, "Gunshot wound on left upper back and chest." Could he have been reaching for that left upper chest wound instead of a gun? Possible. But with his fearless behavior, mixed with turning toward an leo who was possibly only armed with a taser, and putting his hand in his coat, the leo who shot him could justifiably have thought he was saving a fellow officer's life.

It is just so much more than simply black and white.
light-one wrote:There are only two possible stories. Truth and lies. There are no other choices. Clearly the police are lying their arses off. Anyone that attempts to defend the actions of the cold blooded murderers are pure evil Satan disciples. It is not possible to be uncertain about these events. Everyone knows for a fact that LaVoy's murder was a carefully planned event. So any cop that claims that the videos are vague or that the possibility exists that this was anything short of cold blooded, calculated, first degree murder, is a part of the conspiracy and is accepting Satan himself in person as their master and leader. There are no other options. To know for a fact beyond any possible exception that this is murder and to call it anything else is despicable.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

One thing I am convinced of - and that is that Lavoy is a martyr for the cause. I fear that this may be another "shot heard round the world," and that it may be the beginning of a civil war that will tear this country to shreds. It will probably not be the only thing starting it or finishing it, but I'm sure it will be a factor. Until, like the Nephites, the people in this country will be living in "tribes" - each person living with friends and family, but no central gov't like there is now.

That means, most likely, no grocery stores stocked with food, no gasoline, very little electricity (and when solar panels and windmills wear out, perhaps none), no internet, no central heating/cooling, no working vehicles (Visions of Glory notwithstanding), no public schools, no hospitals, no fire stations, no land taxes, on and on and on - some maybe good, and some rather nightmarish.

And, if the Book of Mormon is any indication, the Church will also be broken up.
freedomforall wrote:I just hope Sister Finicum has some cops with enough backbone to reveal how that ambush was executed in such a way as to show how much animosity the Feds and Harney County cops had against Lavoy. Sometimes a raging fire has to be fought with a back fire. Will her attorneys know all there is to correct ways and incorrect ways of using deadly force against people heading to meet with law enforcement in another County. It is very clear the killers didn't want the Finicum group to reach John Day because they didn't want to deal with Sheriff Palmer. Doesn't this alone prove that bad cops and Feds will do whatever they want to whomever they want? Didn't they incite the incident.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

A Random Phrase wrote:Honestly, light-one, life is so full of shades of gray, that it could be a mixture. For example, one of the women in the truck said that the leos started shooting before Lavoy took off from the first roadblock. The cell phone video clearly shows that was not the case. Was she lying? I don't think so. I think she was terrified, and remembering to the best of her ability.

Was the intent to kill Lavoy from the beginning? In other words, did they set up the roadblock so they could do him in? I don't think so. He was yelling at them. He stood up to them without any fear. That may be a warning sign, to law enforcement, that this person has nothing to lose and may not think twice before taking down some officers. And, heaven and earth both know that this country has been having more and more violence all the time - people willing to kill at the drop of a hat. How could they know Lavoy was any different?

According to the autopsy report I posted, "Gunshot wound on left upper back and chest." Could he have been reaching for that left upper chest wound instead of a gun? Possible. But with his fearless behavior, mixed with turning toward an leo who was possibly only armed with a taser, and putting his hand in his coat, the leo who shot him could justifiably have thought he was saving a fellow officer's life.

It is just so much more than simply black and white.

When you add raw sewage to a glass of white milk, things get murky. Let's stay clear. Black and white. No murk.

The patriots went to Oregon to PREVENT a crime, not commit one. The crime they went peacefully to prevent, was double jeopardy. The Hammonds had already done their time for their alleged crime.

Bearing arms during a peaceful protest is not a crime. That would be an infringement. Infringements on keeping and bearing arms are unconstitutional.

The Federal government is prohibited by the constitution from owning land except as outlined in Article 1, Section 8, clause 17. Page 7 in my pocket constitution. The government does not own any grazing rights except on land they own as previously described. The government does not own Malheur anything.

Sometimes, cops of all agencies forget who they work for. When they become renegades, they are dirty. Dirty cops are like priests that molest children. They are in a position of trust, power, and authority and severely abuse that authority and trust. This is the worst form of unrighteous dominion. In these cases, the penalty should never be less than death.

The problem is that the government in all 3 branches has become so filthy for so long, that some people think infringements and unconstitutional acts are okay and standard operating procedure. Actually, they are treasonous, and the penalty for that is hanging until dead.

Most alleged crimes today are not crimes at all. They are Satanic and supposedly meant to prevent a crime in some future time that never happens. Satanists suggest that a person should not wear a gun while being peaceful as he might decide at some time in the future to commit a crime. Or a person should have a gun in his face for going 5 mph over the speed limit as he might at some time in the future injure someone.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Letter to the editor of Herald Journal, Logan, Utah

Mr. Wiedeman (May 2 letter),
you use no constitutional evidence to support your perspective. The only people who used coercion were those who shot Finnicum. He clearly did not reach “into” his pockets, nor pull out and wave a weapon. He threatened no one, he committed no crime, he fired no shots, he was not fleeing the scene of a crime, supermarkets weren’t plundered, buildings weren’t burnt; no policemen were shot, let alone shot at. He was a peaceful man, and violent coercion was never demonstrated by him. Using his hands as he spoke, five shooters took the slightest opportunity to unload their weapons. Why?

Being licensed to carry a weapon and bearing that weapon is not a violation of the law. Protesting does not carry a death sentence. They tracked him as evidenced by a drone, blocked his right of passage, lay concealed, and demonstrated premeditation. Ambush is the correct terminology. According to witnesses, Finnicim’s vehicle was shot and his driving response was defensive. With snow above his ankles and hands in the air, they shot, because his words carried truth and they did not want their constitutional abuse exposed to 400 struggling ranchers, 100 miles away.

The Fed. Govt. can't steal ranchers’ cattle and charge them to graze state lands that they themselves do not honestly own. Read Feb. 22 “The New American Magazine” regarding federal usurpation and over-reach.

You don’t know how off-balance Finnicum was on unlevel ground in the snow, the words he spoke, how naturally he used his hands to help express himself, or if his hands reacted to a bullet entering his body. Don’t dare use your hands to plead your case. You authorize someone to shoot you, and when you fall to the ground motionless, will be shot another eight times. Standing for Constitutional rights is not grounds for an execution.

The Constitution limits the federal control of land to a 10-square-mile area (Washington D.C.) plus army bases, naval bases, and armaments in a state, as long as the state continues to agree. The Constitution does not authorize the federal government to usurp more power than originally granted in the Constitution. When a territory becomes a state, the land is to be returned to the state. Read Kentucky Resolution 1798, and the Virginia Resolution 1798. Both deal with federal overreach in all arenas.

If the federal government will send our boys to kill and die for oil control in the Middle East, who else are they willing to sacrifice to maintain illegal mineral rights in the old West? If there were no federal or FBI markings on the vehicles that ambushed Finnicum. Who were they?

Larry Tennant

Smithfield

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Was that letter actually printed in the Herald Journal ?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Investigation will continue

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

A Random Phrase wrote:Honestly, light-one, life is so full of shades of gray, that it could be a mixture. For example, one of the women in the truck said that the leos started shooting before Lavoy took off from the first roadblock. The cell phone video clearly shows that was not the case. Was she lying? I don't think so. I think she was terrified, and remembering to the best of her ability.
Listen again. You can hear popping noises just before LaVoy took off from the first stop and as they were accelerating. You can hear Victoria Sharp or Shawna Cox asking at that time: “Are they shooting at us?”, with LaVoy answering in the affirmative. Plus the FBI/Oregon State officials have admitted they started shooting at the first stop, but they claim the rounds were non-lethal (rubber?).
A Random Phrase wrote: . . . . . . . . . . . And, heaven and earth both know that this country has been having more and more violence all the time - people willing to kill at the drop of a hat. How could they know Lavoy was any different? .
Easily. They had ample opportunity to hear him speak on probably one or more videos and in person; they could have talked to him as he laid outside of the Fed. building at night and probably many other times during the occupation; it is certain they had profiled him 7 ways for Sunday before the ambush; they could see pictures of him with his large family; and they could have learned about the 30 or so foster children he supported. None of this gives any indication he was a violent thug.

But above all they could have detained him any number of times before they waylaid him and his group. Packing guns was the Bundy/FInicum’s symbolic way of showing that they were free men, who have the right (2nd amendment) to carry weapons and to defend themselves. They never used them to threaten anybody, and did not use them to take over the building. It was empty.

A Random Phrase wrote:According to the autopsy report I posted, "Gunshot wound on left upper back and chest." Could he have been reaching for that left upper chest wound instead of a gun? Possible. But with his fearless behavior, mixed with turning toward an leo who was possibly only armed with a taser, and putting his hand in his coat, the leo who shot him could justifiably have thought he was saving a fellow officer's life. .
Victoria Sharp said she thought he had already been shot as he exited the vehicle, having seen blood on the front seat. Putting his hand in his coat could easily have been to investigate where he had already been shot.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

lundbaek wrote:Was that letter actually printed in the Herald Journal ?
Yes. Here is the link:
http://news.hjnews.com/logan_hj/the-bun ... 0054d.html

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

A Random Phrase wrote:One thing I am convinced of - and that is that Lavoy is a martyr for the cause. . . . . .
I agree. I see LaVoy Finicum as the first LDS martyr to the progressing tyranny. Probably not the last as it gets underway.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:Was that letter actually printed in the Herald Journal ?
see: http://news.hjnews.com/logan_hj/the-bun ... 0054d.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Talk Show Host Breaks Down Over FBI Murder, 3:00 mark
David Knight says Oregon is worst statist place to go. I learned a long time ago that Oregon is a real liberal state. Porno houses are dotting the land just as is hamburger joints.

This abuse of law by government is exactly what American people voted into place. To vote fo the lesser of two evils isn't the right thing to do. We still have to live as slaves under a government that will kill you for standing up to your rights.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://freedomoutpost.com/documents-sho ... stitution/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Documents have surfaced with staggering proof that the LeVoy Finicum shooting was guided by the dark light of the United Nations.

light-one
captain of 100

Post by light-one »

Elizabeth wrote:http://freedomoutpost.com/documents-sho ... stitution/

Documents have surfaced with staggering proof that the LeVoy Finicum shooting was guided by the dark light of the United Nations.
That is incredible!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

light-one wrote:Most alleged crimes today are not crimes at all.
I have to say that I agree with you 100% here.