The Standoff in Oregon and Killing of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum

Discuss political news items / current events.
Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Standoff in Oregon and Killing of Robert “LaVoy” Finicum

Post by Elizabeth »

http://constitution.com/torture-abuse-a ... unnoticed/

" Ammon Bundy, who became a national household name during the Bundy Ranch siege in 2014 and the protests at the Malheur Wildlife Refuge in Oregon in 2016, was tortured and abused by a guard at CCA in Pahrump Nevada last week. Subsequently, when word got out, the guard was sent home.
According to Bundy, he was handcuffed in a 3×3 foot shower for 13 hours, stripped naked and then thrown in the hole. This was all because he refused to allow a guard to take his shirt that was hanging off his bed, which the rules stipulate that nothing is to be hanging over the side. This was his only shirt to wear, and had it been taken, he would have not been allowed to come to breakfast.
Prisoners are constantly handcuffed and Shackled, even while being moved about throughout the prison itself. Strip searches just to be able to have video visits and many other inhumane treatments of unconvicted detainees while waiting trial. Ammon Bundy and 18 other political prisoners in Nevada have been held for over a year and a half in these inhumane conditions while awaiting trail.
Prisoners that are kept in solitary confinement for weeks at a time are restricted with phone calls to family or even lawyer. This picture portrays a prisoner having to be on his knees while talking to his lawyer, while a guard dial the phone for him and hands it through a slot in the door, this is also were his food is passed through.
These are small cages that are a form of punishment and solitary confinement in a prison in Colorado. Being in solitary confinement doesn’t even mean you’ve been convicted of a crime, you could just be waiting on trial and violated a rule or get on a guards bad side and be put in one of these cages for up to 72 hours without sleep and the lights on constantly.
This photo gives you a small view of what a solitary confinement cell looks like in some prisons in America. But this does not do real justice to the inhumane treatment that Ammon Bundy just received in Prompt Nevada where he was kept handcuffed and naked for 13 hours with his hands behind his back in a cell that was 3 feet by 3 feet, and no food or water.
Stop and think about that for one moment. This is a man who has been acquitted on similar charges in Oregon that he is facing in Nevada. He has not been found guilty of any crime and yet, his rights are being abused day and night. Now, he’s being tortured and beaten. Frankly, I’m not surprised that men are treated like animals in a society that has embraced the evolutionary nonsense that men are merely no better than brute beasts rather than those who are made in the image of God. However, I am sickened to see it for myself, even for those who have been convicted. This is not justice. It is an inhumane cruelty.
On top of that, all of this that these men are enduring seem to be a clear violation of both the Fifth and Sixth Amendments of the US Constitution, which read:
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.
They have been deprived of liberty and their life to some extent by sitting in this prison for profit for more than a year waiting on a “speedy and public trial.”
Both of Bundy’s shoulders were dislocated and he was forced to put them back in place on his own, according to his own testimony. He was then put in isolation with shackles on his bloody ankles.
Lisa Bundy, Ammon Bundy’s wife, was able to visit with Ammon following the ordeal.
“He is painfully thin,” she wrote. “He told me that they beat him up pretty good, was sore, but was starting to gain back a little strength — He was able to raise his arms and move them about so he was gaining back a little mobility. His voice trembled sometimes and he spoke very softly .. I could tell he had a little trouble concentrating at times but otherwise he was alert and aware of his surroundings .. He was a bit pale but had color in his cheeks ..”
“While we were speaking they brought him his dinner and he was eatin,” she added. “I observed he had a small cut [not deep] on his wrist from the handcuffs and there was no bruising on his face or arms above his wrist that I could see. He is very weak and it is apparent he went through some major trauma not only physically but mentally.”
She asked for prayers for her husband and the family.
Supporters gathered outside the facility, which I was at to meet with Pete Santilli in January, and made calls to the sheriff in protest.
On Monday, Guerilla Media Network’s Deb Jordan informed followers on Facebook that the guard who targeted Ammon was sent home the next day and has not returned.
While that is good, the pressure should be maintained on the facility and the administration of that facility to ensure this guard never returns and that these men are kept safe.
In that vein, a petition for redress of grievance regarding the abuses at the Nevada Southern Detention Center has been set up and I encourage you to support the petition."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

How could this be happening in Nevada? Why are not his fellow Priesthood holders supporting him?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Elizabeth wrote: May 11th, 2017, 3:23 am How could this be happening in Nevada? Why are not his fellow Priesthood holders supporting him?
We're marching on Nevada Southern!! The Abuse Of Prisoners Must Stop
Mark Koernke: "The Trump Administration Is Trying to Murder Ammon Bundy"

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/feds-clai ... edy-trial/

Apparently, the words “speedy trial” in the Sixth Amendment of the US Consitution doesn’t mean that a trial will be all that speedy in getting around to. This is according to Acting United States Attorney for the District of Nevada, Steven W. Myhre, who had a huge upset recently in the first round of the Bundy Ranch trials.
The claims of Mr. Myhre stem from a response to Mel Bundy, who “has consistently asserted his right to a speedy trial and because he has now been in custody for more than a year pending trial.”
Myhre and his team continued, “… Bundy neglects to mention that defendants have collectively filed numerous – and at times frivolous – motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for reconsideration, and appeals to the Ninth Circuit, all of which impact the speed with which this case proceeds to trial.”
What Myhre doesn’t tell you is that all of those motions are within the rights of the defends as a protection for them so that they may appeal any conviction of guilt in a higher court.
According to the Speedy Trial Act, 18 USC, Sections 3161-3174:
In any case in which a plea of not guilty is entered, the trial of a defendant charged in an information or indictment with the commission of an offense shall commence within seventy days from the filing date (and making public) of the information or indictment, or from the date the defendant has appeared before a judicial officer of the court in which such charge is pending, whichever date last occurs.
Myhre claims that there are eight circumstances in the Speedy Trial Act that “guts Bundy’s claim of a speedy trial claim under the Sixth Amendment.”
“The appropriate exclusions were carefully made in this case,” Myhre wrote, noting several instances of case law. “Bundy’s strange assertion that the length of delay ‘has already been severely stretched beyond the minimum delay allowed’ is simply wrong.”
He then addressed the “one-year date” by appealing to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
The Supreme Court in Barker v Wingo held that we can definitely say how long is too long in a system where justice is supposed to be swift but deliberate; and
that, in a prior case, it had held merely that ‘a five year delay is long enough to trigger a further look’ before ultimately finding no constitutional violation.
A five year delay? Why five years? Why not ten? or twenty? Why not two?
Perhaps if the government wasn’t creating crimes, especially non-violent ones regarding certain plants and imprisoning people ad infinitum then they could probably deal with real crimes more quickly and efficiently.
However, Myhre then claims that there are 17 defendants to try and therefore, that must be taken into consideration, even though the District has tried more people at one time than they are doing in these trials. Considering virtually all of the defendants are facing the same charges, they should be able to move this along a bit faster, but everyone knows that by splitting these all up, the prosecution gets to present the same case over and over and over in hopes that they can get guilty verdicts on many of these men.
Mr. Myhre writes as though men are not being deprived of life and liberty while they wait on a trial with similar charges to ones that several either were acquitted of or had dismissed in Oregon. If the tables were turned and it was Mr. Myhre who was in jail and this little charade was going on for more than a year, you can bet your bottom dollar he would be filing these motions and complaining about a speedy trial.
Listen to the contempt in the writing.
“Bundy fails to demonstrate that he suffers prejudice from the delay,” Myhre writes. “The delay has not been so lengthy that there is a presumption of prejudice.”
He then adds, “Bundy’s other general arguments that he cannot support his family or enjoy their companionship are similarly conclusory. Because he fails to establish any prejudice resulting from the delay in this case, Bundy’s Motion fails.”
While I grant that Myhre listed a lot of cases, the fact that up to five years can go by while men not convicted of a crime and are not prone to violence are held without bail in a jail cell waiting on a trial is absolutely ridiculous and anyone reading this should understand that. In fact, taking exorbitant amounts of time to try anyone is an insult to every man’s intelligence, and Myhre must know this. He certainly would not want to be treated this way.
This is not the first defendant to file such a motion. Pete Santilli has also filed a motion regarding speedy trial violations by the court."

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Where is the Priesthood?

I guess... 'if we will not stand together against tyranny, we will hang separately'.

I saw the same cowardly behavior on the part of ordinary people here in North Dakota. Over 800 'Water Protectors' were arrested, imprisoned, strip searched, put in temporary cages, had numbers written in permanent ink on their bodies, sent across county lines away from family & friends, court dates changed, charges multiplied and misdemeanors changed to felonies. Many have waited months for their court hearings and charged for their court costs, detention, and lawyer fees if court appointed. No one says a thing about the injustices!

Those arrested carried no weapons.

Too big to post here:
https://www.commondreams.org/sites/defa ... k=RxP-v4Ve

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testa ... 3?lang=eng

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

While attending a Current Events given by Cleon Skousen at the Kimber Academy, someone asked Brother Skousen about the Elders who would step forth and save the Constitution. His reply, without hesitation was, “They’re asleep!” He also said that it would be the wives of the Elders who would wake them up when they see what they have done to the children.

Quite prophetic considering these posts by Elizabeth and the Buffalo Girl, and others referred to here in this post.

You go girls!

I was involved in supporting the secretary of state of the State of Utah when he was imprisoned. When being processed for a medical exam, the guard, apparently upset by the statement he could only do what God allowed him to do, threw him against a concrete wall fracturing his cheek bone and the bones surrounding his optic nerve, affecting his already poor vision. His exam was cancelled and he was put in lock down. When visiting, upon seeing his black eyes, I opted to bail him out of jail before they killed him. Since he would not using paper money or lightened coins of the Federal Reserve, I had to find a bail bondsman who would accept my Silver Coin.

After picking him up from jail and returning him home, I suggested he go to the hospital to document his injuries, which he did. When the attending physician asked his occupation, and he replied secretary of state, the physician called for one of those nice young men in their clean white suites and tried to get him to take some pills. In fear of his cognitive health, he refused, to which the physician stated if he refused he would give him and injection, and the law allowed him to do that. But after finally contacting his brother, he was released. Later he was committed for psychiatric evaluation, but released again upon appeal.

I don’t post about this individual due to lack of interest, but I can tell you from what I witnessed that the courts are corrupt beyond recognition.

The hand basket is filled to overflowing and we are well on the way!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

I am so glad to be in AUSTRALIA. Even though our government is undermining our country with questionable "refugees" and immigrants, we are still the lucky country, but who knows for how long.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Permits? We Don't Need No Stinkin' Permits! Halleluyah! - Camp Liberty On The Move - 5/15/17

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Toto wrote: May 15th, 2017, 9:40 pm While attending a Current Events given by Cleon Skousen at the Kimber Academy, someone asked Brother Skousen about the Elders who would step forth and save the Constitution. His reply, without hesitation was, “They’re asleep!” He also said that it would be the wives of the Elders who would wake them up when they see what they have done to the children.

Quite prophetic considering these posts by Elizabeth and the Buffalo Girl, and others referred to here in this post.

You go girls!

I was involved in supporting the secretary of state of the State of Utah when he was imprisoned. When being processed for a medical exam, the guard, apparently upset by the statement he could only do what God allowed him to do, threw him against a concrete wall fracturing his cheek bone and the bones surrounding his optic nerve, affecting his already poor vision. His exam was cancelled and he was put in lock down. When visiting, upon seeing his black eyes, I opted to bail him out of jail before they killed him. Since he would not using paper money or lightened coins of the Federal Reserve, I had to find a bail bondsman who would accept my Silver Coin.

After picking him up from jail and returning him home, I suggested he go to the hospital to document his injuries, which he did. When the attending physician asked his occupation, and he replied secretary of state, the physician called for one of those nice young men in their clean white suites and tried to get him to take some pills. In fear of his cognitive health, he refused, to which the physician stated if he refused he would give him and injection, and the law allowed him to do that. But after finally contacting his brother, he was released. Later he was committed for psychiatric evaluation, but released again upon appeal.

I don’t post about this individual due to lack of interest, but I can tell you from what I witnessed that the courts are corrupt beyond recognition.

The hand basket is filled to overflowing and we are well on the way!
Who was this fellow? I just looked up 'Secretary of State for Utah' and learned that it was abolished in 1976, so obviously your experience happened some time ago. I'm still curious about the case and what the charges were and what became of him.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

larsenb

See viewtopic.php?t=17430#p197506

Note the lack of response to my post.

Mr. Topham is no longer on the planet. In my opinion, his passing was the last thread of constitutional government.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Toto wrote: May 16th, 2017, 10:49 pm larsenb

See viewtopic.php?t=17430#p197506

Note the lack of response to my post.

Mr. Topham is no longer on the planet. In my opinion, his passing was the last thread of constitutional government.
Very interesting. How strange to ignore this very clear requirement to hold state office (take an oath that should be registered with the Secy. of State of Utah). I guess its just one more item indicating we've been derailed . . . and an important one at that. Along with somehow doing away w/the office of Secy. of State of Utah.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

It’s encouraging to see someone take note for a change larsenb. In preparing for a court case, an associate of mine contacted Dr. Edwin Viera Jr. who advised Larry not argue the Oath of Office issue and the lawful money in the same case or they would beat him up on procedure. He stated that the Oath of Office issue was a “slam dunk.” Subsequently Larry got beat up on procedure and lost his case.

The precedent setting Supreme Court case on the Oath of Office provision is Parker v. Overman 59 U.S. 137 (1855) which has never been overturned.

See https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federa ... /case.html

It involved a sheriff’s sale in which the Sherriff had not filed his oath of office and the court ruled all his acts were vitiated…

The record shows that Payton S. Bethel, the then Sheriff of the County of Dallas, did not file his oath as assessor on or before the 10th of January, as required by law. He did file an oath on the 15th of March, but this was not a compliance with the law, and conferred no power on him to act as assessor. On the contrary, by his neglect to comply with the law,, and any assessment made by him in that year was void, and could not be the foundation for a legal sale. The neglect, also, to file his assessment and give immediate notice on the 25th of March, so that the purchaser might have his appeal at the next county court, was an irregularity which would have avoided the sale even if the assessment had been legally made.
The statute makes the time within which these acts were to be performed material, and a strict and exact compliance with its requirements is a condition precedent to the vesting of any authority in the officer to sell.

At the time, my research indicated the violations of the Oath of Office provisions were being violated in many states, if not all.

I attempted to notify the Idaho three percenters of the issue regarding the Hammond case, but received no response.

In Utah, Scott Matheson was the first to violate the provisions, followed by Norm Bangerter who said it was recorded by the media and that was good enough, but it was not in compliance with the law. So some free men held an election to fill the vacancy as required. Pete Gortat was elected Governor, and Larry Topham made secretary of state, an office without term limits, in order to fill the vacancies as required by law. When Gortat resigned, Topham, as secretary of state, assumed the responsibility as acting Governor as per the original Utah Constitution until the vacancy was filled.

So the change from secretary of state to Lieutenant Governor was an act of “unofficial misconduct” by individuals who had not qualified by the Oath of Office provisions as required by law. That was in the Leavitt administration. But when examining the Oaths of Office at the "unofficial" Division of Archives, the only record for Leavitt was an oversized “camera ready” document in which at the bottom was some fine print saying the was not an official Oath of Office and the Leavitt and Walker intended to file as required during the official time period. But the “official” oath of office was never found.

I have since distanced myself from political activism due to lack of interest. Sadly, this Abu Ghraib style treatment of political prisoners like Ammon Bundy continues through actions by courts corrupt beyond recognition. And in Nevada, well, I heard nobody is allowed to even bring a printed Constitution into the courts.

Now I'm just another happy idiot in my struggle for the legal tender who carries a silver umbrella hoping to protect myself from the spill-out from the hand basket.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/feds-plan ... h-retrial/

"The attorneys and Judge Gloria Navarro demonstrate that they have no shame in what they will do in their relentless pursuit of men charged with multiple accounts from the Bundy Ranch siege 2014. In the latest move by the prosecution, they are seeking to use participation in their stand at Sugar Pine Mine in April 2015, the White Hope Mine in August 2015 and membership in the Idaho III% militia against them in a retrial set for this summer.

In April, the jury found Greg Burleson and Todd Engel guilty on several charges against them but was a hung jury when it came to the charges against Richard Lovelien, Scott Drexler, Eric Parker, and Steven Stewart. While the prosecution has sought to dismiss the remaining charges against Burleson and Engel for retrial, claiming it would save the court and the government time, they remain unwilling to do so for the other four men, whom they failed to make a case against so that the jury would find them guilty. In fact, their case was so poor, that documents from the jury indicate that they were leaning towards a verdict of “Not Guilty” on the most serious charges of conspiracy. In the latest move by the prosecution, they are seeking to introduce evidence, which they claim is “of intent, preparation, plan, knowledge, identity, absence of mistake, modus operandi, and /or lack of accident.” The prosecution claims the evidence is “inextricably intertwined with, the conspiracy charged in the Superseding Indictment.”

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Hey, check this out. People speaking out at camp liberty in Pahrump NV, where Ammon Bundy and others are being held without due process.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Toto wrote: May 18th, 2017, 10:54 pm It’s encouraging to see someone take note for a change larsenb. In preparing for a court case, an associate of mine contacted Dr. Edwin Viera Jr. who advised Larry not argue the Oath of Office issue and the lawful money in the same case or they would beat him up on procedure. He stated that the Oath of Office issue was a “slam dunk.” Subsequently Larry got beat up on procedure and lost his case.

The precedent setting Supreme Court case on the Oath of Office provision is Parker v. Overman 59 U.S. 137 (1855) which has never been overturned.

See https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federa ... /case.html

It involved a sheriff’s sale in which the Sherriff had not filed his oath of office and the court ruled all his acts were vitiated…

The record shows that Payton S. Bethel, the then Sheriff of the County of Dallas, did not file his oath as assessor on or before the 10th of January, as required by law. He did file an oath on the 15th of March, but this was not a compliance with the law, and conferred no power on him to act as assessor. On the contrary, by his neglect to comply with the law,, and any assessment made by him in that year was void, and could not be the foundation for a legal sale. The neglect, also, to file his assessment and give immediate notice on the 25th of March, so that the purchaser might have his appeal at the next county court, was an irregularity which would have avoided the sale even if the assessment had been legally made.
The statute makes the time within which these acts were to be performed material, and a strict and exact compliance with its requirements is a condition precedent to the vesting of any authority in the officer to sell.

At the time, my research indicated the violations of the Oath of Office provisions were being violated in many states, if not all.

I attempted to notify the Idaho three percenters of the issue regarding the Hammond case, but received no response.

In Utah, Scott Matheson was the first to violate the provisions, followed by Norm Bangerter who said it was recorded by the media and that was good enough, but it was not in compliance with the law. So some free men held an election to fill the vacancy as required. Pete Gortat was elected Governor, and Larry Topham made secretary of state, an office without term limits, in order to fill the vacancies as required by law. When Gortat resigned, Topham, as secretary of state, assumed the responsibility as acting Governor as per the original Utah Constitution until the vacancy was filled.

So the change from secretary of state to Lieutenant Governor was an act of “unofficial misconduct” by individuals who had not qualified by the Oath of Office provisions as required by law. That was in the Leavitt administration. But when examining the Oaths of Office at the "unofficial" Division of Archives, the only record for Leavitt was an oversized “camera ready” document in which at the bottom was some fine print saying the was not an official Oath of Office and the Leavitt and Walker intended to file as required during the official time period. But the “official” oath of office was never found.

I have since distanced myself from political activism due to lack of interest. Sadly, this Abu Ghraib style treatment of political prisoners like Ammon Bundy continues through actions by courts corrupt beyond recognition. And in Nevada, well, I heard nobody is allowed to even bring a printed Constitution into the courts.

Now I'm just another happy idiot in my struggle for the legal tender who carries a silver umbrella hoping to protect myself from the spill-out from the hand basket.
Thanks for info. Good grief. I'd never heard of this issue. Dismaying.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Read through this report to get a clearer understanding of what happens to those who seek 'redress of grievances' through peaceable assembly and legal appeal.

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/27/lea ... urgencies/

Also, read through the 'leaked' & released documentation for a full dose of childish justification of a militarized response to those who stand 'in the way' of corporate agendas and/or government corruption.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Supporters of Rancher Bundy Build Mock Jail Cell Near Prison

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... nts-prison

BLM misconduct probe may derail Bundy Ranch standoff trial

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/loc ... /97450944/

Judge rejects Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy attempt to jump-start trial

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 332769001/

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Russian collusion confirmed: Bill and Hillary Clinton personally made $2.85m selling US uranium to Russia

At least $2.85 million dollars flowed to the Clinton Family through a series of five Russian-backed donations after a massive uranium deal was signed off by the State Department and other agencies during Hillary’s tenure.

And if that’s not enough, Mr. Clinton received an additional $500,000 from a Russian investment bank with ties to Uranium One, bringing the grand total influx from Russia to $2,800,000. To top it off, the donations went unreported by the Clinton Foundation.

More here: http://www.hangthebankers.com/russian-c ... um-russia/

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLMgYRcYFg

More evidence of corruption in government to steal land in Nevada and Oregon for natural resources sales.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

buffalo_girl wrote: June 26th, 2017, 12:21 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSLMgYRcYFg

More evidence of corruption in government to steal land in Nevada and Oregon for natural resources sales.
Thank you much BG. I posted several videos, several months ago, with Lazaro and others talking about a huge hedge fund by many Oregon crooks, including Judge Brown, engaged in trying to steal Uranium from ranchers by harassment, and threats, thus feeding the pockets of the Clinton Foundation and others. This is what happened to the Hammond's.
I haven't heard one word of any criminal charges going against all or any of these criminals we call political leaders, engaged in this conspiracy. Sheriff, Dave Ward is a puppet as well having been assigned and not elected.
And the Bundy's are being held without due process in Pahrump, Nevada Southern Detention Center, NV, beaten, tortured and treated like wild animals without due process of law.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

FBI Agent Indicted In Rancher Shooting

Post by Joel »

An FBI agent is facing federal charges for allegedly lying about his role in the deadly shooting of Robert "LaVoy" Finicum in Oregon. Finicum was an Arizona rancher killed at a wildlife refuge during an armed standoff with authorities in 2016.

He was one of the leaders of the standoff at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. The rancher tried to outrun officials after driving off the road to avoid a police blockade. He was shot and killed as he appeared to reach into his jacket.

A federal indictment was unsealed against FBI agent W. Joseph Astarita. He is accused of lying about firing his gun twice during the Oregon operation.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernan ... her-during

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"declaration from Deschutes County Sheriff Shane Nelson just as FBI agent W. Joseph Astarita was pleading not guilty to three counts of making false statements and two counts of obstruction of justice in federal court in Portland, Oregon.

The FBI agent was accused of firing at the protesters, then picking up shell casings to conceal that fact and lying to investigators.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Oregon said Astarita falsely stated he had not fired his weapon during the attempted arrest of protester LaVoy Finicum, who was shot dead by another officer during the incident, “when he knew he had in fact fired his weapon.”

“Astarita also knowingly engaged in misleading conduct toward Oregon State Police officers by failing to disclose that he had fired two rounds during the attempted arrest,” the statement said.

Nelson said, as the Washington Times reported, that the actions by “multiple members of the FBI Hostage Rescue Team” had “damaged the integrity of the entire law enforcement profession, which makes me both disappointed and angry.”

Get David Kupelian’s culture-war blockbusters, “The Marketing of Evil,” “How Evil Works” and his latest, “The Snapping of the American Mind” at the WND Superstore. Also available in e-book and audiobook versions.

Nelson said he told Justice Department and FBI officials, including now-acting Director Andrew McCabe, over a year ago about “possible criminal conduct” by some involved FBI Hostage Rescue Team agents.

And while the case against Astarita is in court, new evidence also is arising from the makers of an acclaimed documentary about the incident.

WND reported earlier on the armed standoff that has been variously described by opponents as “militia terrorism” and by defenders as rebellion against government tyranny.

The 41-day standoff ended in mass arrests after law enforcement fatally shot one of the occupiers.

The documentary is “American Standoff,” and while it aired previously on DirecTV, it can now be viewed in its entirety at this website. Among the people interviewed in the documentary is best-selling author and WND Vice President David Kupelian.

The “American Standoff” story starts with Dwight and Steven Hammond, Oregon ranchers who were controversially convicted and sentenced for setting a controlled land-management fire on their property that went out of control onto federal land. But after they served their sentences and were released, a judge – at a federal prosecutor’s insistence – ordered them back into court, where they were sentenced to further time in prison under an anti-terrorism law, even though there was no evidence presented that the ranchers had planned or engaged in terrorism in any way.

Sympathetic ranchers and others – encouraged by the federal government’s stand-down from a previous armed confrontation in Nevada two years earlier on the land of rancher Cliven Bundy – protested the new injustice and ended up staging an armed occupation of the refuge.

They succeeded in keeping federal officers at bay until they were finally taken into custody when police staged a highly dangerous highway stop of vehicles carrying the protesters and shot two men.

Ryan Bundy, one of Cliven Bundy’s sons, was injured, while LaVoy Finicum was killed.

Eventually, seven of the others who were arrested were acquitted of federal charges related to the standoff. The feds even dismissed charges against a self-described independent broadcaster, Peter Santilli, who documented the occupation near Burns, Oregon, but was accused by prosecutors of being part of the protest group.

However, one of the FBI agents was charged with serious infractions of the law for the final confrontation. So far, Astarita is the only FBI agent to be indicted.

In addition to the feature-length “American Standoff” documentary, director Josh Turnbow and his film-making crew have now produced a series of “Aftermath” short video segments that have been posted online.

In the first, Jeanette Finicum, the widow of LaVoy Finicum, explains how the government, after killing her husband, also canceled the lease she needed to continue her family’s ranching operation.

She said she has lawyers fighting to restore the lease.

And she said a wrongful death case is inevitable against the government after a certain legal time period passes.

She insists her husband had his hands in the air and was surrendering but “was murdered.”

“He was mowed down in cold blood.”

Then, the video explains, the federal agents were “caught on camera, picking up casings before the forensic team arrived at the site of the shooting.”

Also, the video shows, Finicum’s gun, which he reportedly had been reaching for, wasn’t found for eight hours after the shooting.

“How many people tended to his body without finding it?” the video asks."

http://www.wnd.com/2017/06/sheriff-back ... tLjkvrs.99

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

The Truth About LaVoy Finicum's MURDER & Why YOU Should Care (with John Lamb)

Enraged Monckton Warning to BLM: Your Days Are Numbered!

WOW!

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Roger Stone's speech at a Las Vegas event designed to bring a greater awareness to the political corruption allowing members of the Bundy family to be unjustly incarcerated for over 17 months. Stone gives a powerful performance, and does he ever excoriate Harry Reid.

Thanks to DConrad000 for previously posting this at: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9823&start=4710#p794544

Stone's participation in this event underscores Trump's own awareness and previous involvement with this issue as indicated by an article written by Donald Trump, which appeared in the Reno Gazette about a year ago; here: http://www.rgj.com/story/opinion/voices ... /78422530/ Stone had been a campaign manager for Trump and has known him for over 40 years.

I wasn't aware of any of the other 14 Republican candidates ever mentioning this controversy. Donald Trump was the only one.