USA Politics.

Discuss political news items / current events.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: USA Politics.

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

A Video Explaining of How a Plan Is Underway in the Electoral College May Choose A "Compromise Candidate" for President on December 19th Instead of Donald Trump and why It Is Completely Legal Under the Electoral College: https://vid.me/oCTX" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would be a fun twist :))

#hamiltonelectors #electoralcollege #maga

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://conservativebyte.com/2016/11/arm ... religious/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.toddstarnes.com/column/army- ... stmas-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Annual Fox Radio Christmas show, a two-hour extravaganza filmed in Memphis - featuring special guest performers, celebrities, a full orchestra and the Bellevue Baptist Church Singing Christmas Tree.
It’s sort of like a mash up of Grand Ole Opry meets Prairie Home Companion – just two-hours of family-friend fun - broadcast on hundreds of radio stations and FoxNews.com.
Last year we featured MercyMe and jazz legend Kirk Whalum. The year before that - we had an amazing performance by Chris Tomlin. And we always salute our military. But this year, I wanted to do something a little different.
So I invited the U.S. Army’s Six-String Soldiers to perform. I just knew they would bring down the house with their guitars, banjo and mandolin – especially knowing that our audience loves the military.
At first, the Army was really excited about the opportunity, but they were also noncommittal.
I just assumed they were checking the calendar, but it turns out – they were investigating my Christmas show.
A few days later, I received a polite, but terse rejection letter.
“After reviewing your request, we have opined that the show is a religious event, and therefore we cannot provide official support based on restrictions in AR-360-1,” the letter read. “We value our relationship with you as well as FOX News and hope you understand our declination is guided by law and Army regulations.”
I’ve been busted, folks. What the Army alleged is the gospel truth.
My Fox Christmas show unashamedly proclaims that Jesus is the reason for the season. We are loud and proud.
In my defense, though, the reason my Christmas show is religious is because Christmas is in fact a religious holiday. I had no idea the Baby Jesus or Heralding Angels violated Army regulations.
And neither did my good friend Mike Huckabee.
“There is nothing in the law that prohibits the military from taking part in the celebration of an international holiday that has been observed from the beginnings of this nation,” the governor told me. “Does the Army have Christmas dinner for soldiers deployed? All the shipping or receiving of Christmas gifts? Allow Christmas trees in military facilities? If so, then the Army already acknowledges Christmas.”

This is what President Obama’s fundamentally transformed nation looks like, folks. It’s a nation where men and women in uniform protect Constitutional rights they are not allowed to practice.
The fact that soldiers cannot play Jingle Bells on a banjo inside a church is absurd. But the fact that soldiers are denied religious liberty is downright offensive.
And it’s a classic demonstration of the anti-Christian hostility in the Obama Pentagon.
“This is an example of how absurd political correctness has become,” said Tim Wildmon, president of American Family Association. “Christmas is a federal holiday. It has a special place in the heart of the American people.”
Hiram Sasser, director of litigation at First Liberty Institute, suspects the rules might be a bit different after Inauguration Day.
“I have a feeling that the United States Army will soon no longer be intimidated by Christmas carols and candy canes,” Sasser told me.
I suspect President-elect Trump and his new defense secretary won’t take kindly to a bunch of godless Grinches.
“Let’s hope the Trump administration is not faith-a-phobic and will restore simple religious liberty back to the United States and its military,” Huckabee said.
In the meantime, we will still honor the Armed Forces in my Fox Christmas show. We will salute their sacrifice and we will say a prayer on their behalf for peace on Earth goodwill to all men."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"The Denver Sheriff Department will pay $10,000 and change its hiring practices after the Justice Department found it broke the law by excluding job candidates who were not U.S. citizens, according to the terms of a settlement agreement announced Monday.
The federal agency’s investigation found Colorado’s largest sheriff’s department illegally required deputy sheriff applicants to be U.S. citizens and posed job ads with citizenship requirements.
The practice went on from Jan. 1, 2015, to March 23, when the troubled department was on a push to hire more deputies as part of a far-reaching reform effort.
The Immigration and Nationality Act’s anti-discrimination provision’s requires most employers to consider people who are not U.S. citizens, as long as they have a work permit.
Yet the federal law also allows police departments to impose hiring restrictions based on citizenship status as long as they are the result of state law or government mandate, not internal policies.
More than 40 states have rules in place keeping law enforcement agencies from hiring non-citizens. Only Colorado, Louisiana, Maine, Vermont and West Virginia have no such statewide citizenship restrictions, according to an October Justice Department report addressing the subject.
Though permitted in some places, “this requirement may prevent a considerable number of racial and ethnic minorities – many of whom have valuable foreign language skills – from being hired by law enforcement agencies,” according to the report on diversifying law enforcement.
The Justice Department has sanctioned other agencies for citizenship requirements.
The Eugene, Oregon, police department agreed in August 2015 to pay fines and retrain its employees after the Justice Department found the city asked police officer applicants about their citizenship status to exclude applicants who were not U.S. citizens.
And the Justice Department began monitoring the hiring practices of the Arapahoe County sheriff’s office in suburban Denver in 2013, after an investigation showed it improperly restricted jobs to citizens, when no law allowed it.
Denver sheriff spokesman Simon Crittle said the roughly 890-member department did not know it had broken the law.
“While we didn’t commit this violation intentionally, we accept responsibility and are taking steps to clarify policy and amend language in hiring documents,” Crittle said.
Sheriff’s officials must now reconsider disqualified candidates without regard to their citizenship, according to the settlement agreement. The department will also re-train staff and revise its policies to adhere to federal law.
Vanita Gupta, head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, said in a statement that eliminating the unlawful citizenship requirement will ensure the sheriff department hires the most qualified applicants.”
http://www.gopusa.com/?p=17512?omhide=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

6 Electoral College Members Sign Up To Block Trump From Winning

At least six electors — members of the Electoral College whose votes elect the President — have vowed to cast their ballots in an attempt to block Donald Trump from winning an Electoral College majority, Politico reported Tuesday. The presidential electors are mostly former Bernie Sanders supporters who hail from Washington state and Colorado.

If the electors turn out to be "faithless electors," their votes could narrow Trump's margin-of-victory in the Electoral College over Hillary Clinton. The voting is scheduled to be held when the Electoral College meets Dec. 19, according to Politico.

One elector, Michael Baca, said in a statement he wouldn’t vote for Trump.

“The Founding Fathers created the Electoral College as the last line of defense, and I think we must do all that we can to ensure that we have a Reasonable Republican candidate who shares our American values,” he reportedly said.

Another elector involved in the anti-Trump campaign, not identified by Politico, said "the controversy and the uncertainty that would immediately blow up into a political firestorm in the U.S. would cause enough people — my hope is — to look at the whole concept of the Electoral College."

Earlier this month, fans of Clinton urged voters of the Electoral College to go rogue and vote for Clinton over Trump in a Change.org petition. The petition, named “Electoral College: Make Hillary Clinton President on Dec. 19,” has crossed over 4.5 million signatures.

“Mr. Trump is unfit to serve. His scapegoating of so many Americans, and his impulsivity, bullying, lying, admitted history of sexual assault, and utter lack of experience make him a danger to the Republic,” part of the petition reads. “Secretary Clinton WON THE POPULAR VOTE and should be President.”

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Someone said the republicans could veto said decisions though I am not sure, I just heard it yammered on a meme page.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"Democratic National Committee staffer Seth Rich, who was in charge of voter expansion data, was murdered in August of this year. Even though no suspects have been determined yet, reports are coming forward that there may be surveillance video, as well as private video of what took place.

Jack Burkman, host of the radio show Behind the Curtain with Jack Burkman, appeared on Newsmax TV and said there was surveillance video which apparently shows legs of at least two possible suspects. He added that in canvasing the neighborhood, it appears that someone may also have private video evidence of the murder.

“There were video cameras,” said Burkman. “They capture very little. Some of the surveillance footage has legs. We know it’s two people. We strongly suspect it’s two people instead of one. “We have just learned there may be additional private video through our efforts in canvasing the neighborhood in the last week,”

http://sonsoflibertymedia.com/surveilla ... seth-rich/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Hillary Clinton's campaign said Saturday it will take part in efforts to push for recounts in several key states, joining with Green Party candidate Jill Stein, who has raised millions of dollars to have votes counted again in Wisconsin.

But, in a post on Medium, Marc Elias, the campaign's counsel, said the campaign's own investigation has not uncovered any evidence of hacking of voting systems.

In the campaign's most detailed comments to date on the recount, Elias wrote that while the campaign was not going to contest the results itself, it has decided now to take part in the effort to "ensure that it is fair to all sides."

But President-elect Donald Trump on Saturday dismissed the recount and said that "the election is over."

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

All absentee votes and postal votes should be counted.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"President-elect Donald Trump is "furious" with senior adviser Kellyanne Conway for speaking out against considering 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney for secretary of state, MSNBC's "Morning Joe" reported Monday. Further, sources "at the top of the Trump transition team" confirmed to New York Times political reporter Jeremy Peters that she "went rogue" at Trump's expense, "Morning Joe" reported.

"Kellyanne went rogue at Donald Trump's expense at the worst possible time, a source familiar with Trump's thinking said," Peters reported. A top Trump aide was "baffled" by Conway's comments. The source suggested it feeds into a growing concern inside the campaign that "instead of driving Donald Trump's message she's pushing her own agenda."Bloomberg Politics co-editor Mark Halperin agreed that Conway's words were "unprecedented.”

"Romney is not dead for this job because there are very senior people in the transition who are strategizing about how to make this happen still," he said. "But this issue of an apology is front and center. I don't think Romney is going to want to apologize the way some Trump supporters are saying are the price for being considered.” Romney not only won't apologize, but Trump doesn't want him to, said Scarborough. "What Donald Trump told me is when the first came up, he was tough on you," said Scarborough. "Donald Trump said I beat him up for five years. I was rough on him too. I like the fact that the guy pushes back.”

Political commentator Mike Barnicle agreed that his sources close to Romney have said he won't apologize for his tough words against Trump during the 2016 election season. "I can also report that the problem wouldn't be a rogue Secretary of State," said Barnicle. "The bureaucracy within the State Department is of its own weight something that's very difficult to move. There's one way to clear this up for Donald Trump to appoint secretary of state today. Scarborough said his sources are telling him that Conway "went completely rogue" with her statements and that they did not come from the campaign.

"Donald Trump was furious yesterday that she would take that upon herself to keep attacking Mitt Romney," said Scarborough."

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox ... 4152b4f783" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... tate-talks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Donald Trump is meeting with Mitt Romney again on Tuesday.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

http://www.politico.com/blogs/donald-tr ... eus-231912" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"Middle Eastern (Somalian) 20-year old student at Ohio State University used a vehicle to intentionally run over at least 9 pedestrians and proceeded to exit his career and “attack them with a machete”. The attack is consistent with an “ISIS style killing attack” similar to ISIS attacks which have spread across Europe. “This is one in a litany of machete/knife attacks at train stations and platforms and public places by devout and pious Muslims,” said political scientist Pamela Geller.

Less than a minute after the attack, a brave OSU police officer shot and killed the suspect. This police officer’s heroism should not go unnoticed or unreported as the mainstream media tends to do – this police officer is a testament to his/her profession and a true American hero who has protected our country from Middle Eastern terror yet again."
http://constitution.com/breaking-muslim ... ty-campus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.usatoday.com/news/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"The Ohio State incident follows a knife attack in September in which a 22-year-old Somali-American stabbed 10 people at a St. Cloud, Minn., shopping mall before being shot to death by an off-duty officer. Authorities said he asked some of his victims if they were Muslim. ISIL later claimed credit for the attack, and Comey said the St. Cloud assailant was likely acting as a “soldier” for the terror group."

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

terrorism's days are numbered!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

"The raging debate about voter fraud has been hijacked by the left, says a leading expert on the issue, and the left is driving the narrative in a false direction using slick deception.
When people think about “voter fraud,” they tend to think about the dead voting, people voting in multiple precincts or party machines paying homeless people to cast ballots.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/only-4-state ... e8KADzl.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

While those are all legitimate concerns, the mass fraud happens long before the vote is cast – at the point of registration – says Hans von Spakovsky, a senior legal fellow at the Heritage Foundation and co-author of the book, “Who’s Counting? How Fraudsters and Bureaucrats Put Your Vote at Risk.”
By centering the debate on “voter ID” laws, the left has been able to divert attention away from the real source of the problem – lax voter-registration laws.
Only seven states have strict photo ID voter laws. But even these are not enough to stop non-citizen green-card holders from illegally registering to vote and providing their driver’s licenses when they show up to cast a fraudulent vote.
Only 4 states require proof of citizenship to register
The heart of the matter comes down voter registration, which is based on an “honour system,” Spakovsky said. “Nobody is checking to make sure those registering to vote are citizens.”
Right now, there are only four states that require residents to provide proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or passport, when they register to vote. Those states are Alabama, Arizona, Georgia and Kansas – all of which backed Trump in November.
Here are some immigration numbers that have a direct impact on the integrity of the voting system:
The United States is currently bringing in a record 1.3 million legal immigrants per year, most of them on green cards and increasingly from hostile nations like Somalia, Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and Syria. A green card allows a foreign national to reside legally and permanently in the United States, as well as providing the right to work, obtain a driver’s license, purchase a gun and even serve in the U.S. military. But one of the few privileges not afforded to the green-card holder is the right to vote.
Problem is, once you’ve afford all these other rights to the foreign national who’s here on a green card, what’s to stop him from registering to vote? There is no system in place to do that.
Even the strictest voter ID law would not catch that green-card holder who checks off the “U.S. citizen” box on the voter registration application. He has his driver’s license or military ID to show at the polls, so he’s good to go.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/11/only-4-state ... e8KADzl.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Contrast that number, 1.3 million per year getting green cards, with the estimated number of illegal aliens who sneak across the southern border or overstay their visas – an estimated 450,000 to 500,000 per year. And illegals are also more likely to come in and out of the country than those with green cards, and they are less likely, unless they reside in California, to have a valid driver’s license.
So by now, you should start to see, purely on a mathematical basis, where the greatest potential for fraud exists. It’s with the green-card holders.
Trump issued a tweet Sunday saying he would have “won the popular vote” over Hillary Clinton “if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.” That prompted headlines at CNN, the Washington Post, New York Times, Politico and many other media outlet that all said, “No proof exists of widespread voter fraud.”
Technically, that’s true.
The question none of these outlets is asking, however, is why is it that no proof exists?
If you ask the wrong questions, you will get the wrong answers, says Spakovsky.
“All these newspapers are going to a lot of trouble to deny the obvious, and that is the United States has a long history of voter fraud,” he said.
The Supreme Court recognized the problem in 2008 when it ruled on a case upholding a voter ID law in Louisiana.
“We have a whole file at the Heritage Foundation of convictions in courts of law, over 700 defendants convicted of voter fraud,” he added.
But let’s assume that, for the sake of argument, cases like this wouldn’t qualify as “widespread” fraud.
To crack that nut, you have to look at the bigger picture. How do you find proof in a system that is designed to hide the proof?
“I don’t know if what Donald Trump says is correct or not because our system is so bad, and it’s so easy for so many people to fraudulently vote that we will never find out about it,” Spakovsky told WND “The problem is non-citizens who are clearly registering and voting all over the country. In the convictions we’ve had, in each case it was just discovered by accident. There is no systematic oversight of the voter registration process. It’s all done on the honour system.”
And, in fact, any effort at oversight by the states has been strongly discouraged by the Obama Justice Department.
For example, Florida election officials wanted access to the Department of Homeland Security’s alien database a couple of years ago, citing major problems with non-citizens registering to vote.
The DHS database includes names of millions of non-citizens, legal and illegal, and Florida wanted access to this data so it could verify the citizenship of those on its voting rolls.
“The Obama administration did everything it could to prevent access to that database,” Spakovsky said.
A real and growing problem
In 2014, a study was conducted by two professors from Old Dominion University and one from George Mason, based on survey data from the Cooperative Congressional Election Study. This study estimated 6.4 percent of non-citizens voted illegally in the 2008 presidential election and 2.2 percent voted in the 2010 midterm congressional elections.
Another poll by John McLaughlin, based on a sample survey of 800 Hispanics in 2013, found that of foreign-born respondents who were registered voters, 13 percent admitted they were not U.S. citizens.
“If even just half of that 13 percent voted, that’s tens of thousands of fraudulent ballots,” Spakovsky said.
Since 80 percent of non-citizens vote for Democrats, according to the ODU/George Mason study, non-citizen participation could have “been large enough to change meaningful election outcomes including Electoral College votes [in North Carolina in 2008], and Congressional elections” such as the 2008 race in Minnesota in which Al Franken was elected to the U.S. Senate, giving “Senate Democrats the pivotal 60th vote” to pass Obamacare, Spakovsky concludes.
“So the point Trump is making is valid in that we have this honour system that is being taken advantage of, and we need to focus on how to fix the problem. For that, I think it’s great that Trump is bringing attention to the problem,” he said.
With Sen. Jeff Sessions taking over as attorney general in the incoming Trump administration, all bets are off for the continuation of the status quo. That’s why progressives in the media, leftist political-science professors and an army of community-organizing groups are mobilizing against Trump before he even gets in office.
They’re terrified he will reform the system and demand proof of citizenship at the point of voter registration.
Spakovsky expects Sessions, a former federal prosecutor who has championed border security and admitting fewer refugees from hostile nations, to be a bird dog on restoring the integrity of the election system.
“I think very much so,” Spakovsky said. “There are two things Trump could do to reform the system.”
One is to give states access to the non-citizen database, and second is to start prosecuting non-citizens who are caught not only voting but registering to vote.
The current administration has basically ignored cases of non-citizens who have been discovered to have lied on their registration form by checking the box that says they are U.S. citizens.
In 2011, Spakovsky was serving on the Fairfax County Electoral Board and personally witnessed mass voter-registration fraud.
“We discovered 278 registered in just that one county, and we took them off the rolls and sent the names to the Obama Justice Department [at the time headed by Eric Holder], and they did nothing about it,” Spakovsky said. “Here was 278 cases of potential voter fraud, and they did nothing to investigate it.
“I predict Sessions will take this seriously. I think he understands what an issue this is.”
There’s much work to be done at the state level, too, if the system is to be cleaned up.
Since it’s entirely legal for non-citizens, living in the U.S. legally with green cards, to have drivers’ licenses, the voter ID laws alone are not sufficient to wipe out fraudulent voting.
A green-card holder simply has to lie on his voter registration application, check the box claiming to be a citizen, and he’s a registered voter. There is no system in place to validate that he checked the citizenship box in good faith.
“Every state needs to pass a law similar to those four states – Alabama, Arizona, Georgia and Kansas – that says you have to provide proof of citizenship when you register to vote,” Spakovsky said.
“They need to be pushed to do it, and they need to have the U.S. Justice Department supporting them when they get sued by progressive groups trying to stop them from enacting these laws.”
That’s also something that hasn’t happened under Obama, he said.
“The Kansas law has been stopped in federal court. The DOJ has done everything it can to assist the leftist groups in stopping these laws at the state level,” Spakovsky said. “They don’t want the non-citizen voting stopped.”

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://conservativevideos.com/watch-hil ... al-rights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.progressivestoday.com/hillar ... hts-video/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“When or if does an unborn child have constitutional rights?” Todd asked.

“Well, under our laws currently, that is not something that exists. The unborn person doesn’t have constitutional rights. Now, that doesn’t mean that we don’t do everything we possibly can in the vast majority of instances to, you know, help a mother who is carrying a child and wants to make sure that child will be healthy, to have appropriate medical support. It doesn’t mean that, you know, don’t do everything possible to try to fulfill your obligations. But it does not include sacrificing the woman’s right to make decisions. And I think that’s an important distinction that under Roe v. Wade we’ve had refined under our Constitution,” Clinton said."

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://patriotupdate.com/refugee-diseas ... gh-school/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -refugees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Most obviously, the haste in which the left has been vetting and moving these immigrants is cause for concern in this terror-ridden world. There have already been numerous terror-related attacks perpetrated across the globe by refugees who were not effectively stopped from crossing borders. Scarier still, however, are some of the diseases that have been carried with these migrants.

“A student enrolled at Benson Magnet High School, one of seven high schools in the Omaha, Nebraska Public Schools system, was diagnosed with active tuberculosis (TB) in November.
“Two hundred thirty seven of Benson Magnet High School’s 1,273 students, or 18.6 percent, are refugees, according to Omaha Public School’s District English Language Learner/Refugee Report, 2015-16.
“Officials with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services and the Douglas County Public Health Department are withholding whether the student was foreign-born or American-born.”
This is far from the first case of tuberculosis diagnosed in the U.S. since the onslaught of Obama-forced refugees began resettling in our great nation. Health standards and practices across the world are certainly not up to the high standards of America, and by inviting large swaths of these countries’ populations to join ours, we are asking for trouble."

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »