TRUMP.

Discuss political news items / current events.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: TRUMP.

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Palm Beach Mayor Says They May Have to Raise Taxes to Pay for President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Visits

Palm Beach, Fla. Mayor Paulette Burdick says that using local law enforcement to protect President Donald Trump during his frequent trips to his Mar-a-Lago estate "means the local taxpayers will have to bear the added burden of being part of the security for the president of the United States," according to CNN.

"It will either be cuts or increase in taxes," Burdick told the network. Palm Beach's sheriff's department told CNN that it costs roughly $60,000 in overtime per day when the president is in town, even with a Secret Service detail. CBS reports, based off figures from a similar trip by former President Barack Obama, that Trump's first three visits to Mar-a-Lago cost about $10 million in total.

Trump is additionally spending this weekend at the private club, his fifth visit to the resort since taking office. The administration has not commented on the exact cost of Trump's visits.

Local officials, facing increasing overtime costs, want the federal government or Trump himself to foot the bill for his self-described "Winter White House," according to CNN."Frankly, as long as it is not on my constituents, I don't care who pays it," Dave Kerner, a Palm Beach County commissioner, told CNN.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Holly Richardson: LDS repent for not voting Trump? That’s not what the apostles say

A few days ago, I was called to repentance. I and hundreds of thousands of other Utahns who did not vote for Donald Trump were told we should look in the mirror, humble ourselves and ask for forgiveness.

I cannot speak for the many others who did not vote for Trump in Utah, but for me, I have no regrets. You see, I believe character matters. I believe it matters more than a party label. In fact, there are many things that matter more than a party label: principles, people, my religion, kindness, integrity. They all matter more than a party label.

Multiple bankruptcies, never held political office, five children by three different women, bragging about sexual infidelities and sexual assault? If Trump had kept the "D" behind his name, he would have been excoriated by Republicans.

It has long been a frustration of mine to see the intense party loyalty that causes people to become blind to their own double standard, and it's on both sides. Republicans who hated President Obama's use of a "pen and a phone" are now amazingly silent on the many executive orders being issued by President Trump. Democrats who applauded the change in Senate rules under Harry Reid are now horrified that Republicans are playing by those same rules.

The LDS Church as a body encourages its members to be politically active, to not be afraid to take sides and speak up for what they believe is right. They do not dictate to their members what political party to join, nor do they call them to repentance for the way they vote. As a church, they have repeatedly expressed concern about the lack of civility in our society today, specifically in political discourse.

LDS Apostle Dallin H. Oaks recently delivered a commencement speech to graduates of BYU-Hawaii that he titled "Push Back Against the World." He said to "push back against that part of the world's values and practices that draw us away from the Lord's teachings and our covenant obligations," then went on to describe some of the challenges graduates would face. "We are even challenged by the politics of conflict," he said, "and the uncertainties sponsored by the aggressive new presidential administration in the world's most powerful nation."

He also said "Stand clear from the current atmosphere of hate and … refrain from participating in the contentious communications that are so common today. Don't be part of such communications. As followers of Christ, we know that all of the inhabitants of this earth are children of God. Use that knowledge to push back against the worldly prejudices that preach hate or hostility toward other nations, ethnic groups, or even political parties."

To paraphrase another LDS apostle, Jeffrey R. Holland, I also know that although I may not be my brother's or sister's keeper, I am their sister, and "because I have been given much, I too must give." I believe we are judged individually and as a society by how we treat the "least of these among us."

I hold no malice for those who have different political beliefs than I. In fact, I know that we are far more alike than we are different.

The lobbyist who wants to call non-Trump voters to repentance also said, "The majority have to shut up the minority." Frightening. Ayn Rand, beloved by Republicans, had this to say: "A majority has no right to vote away the rights of a minority; the political function of rights is precisely to protect minorities from oppression by majorities."

So repent for not voting for Donald Trump? I think not.

Holly Richardson is a former Republican lawmaker who has always believed in principle over party.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Donald Trump Is Filling Top Pentagon and Homeland Security Positions With Defense Contractors

Post by Joel »

Donald Trump Is Filling Top Pentagon and Homeland Security Positions With Defense Contractors

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP has weaponized the revolving door by appointing defense contractors and their lobbyists to key government positions as he seeks to rapidly expand the military budget and homeland security programs.

Two Department of Homeland Security appointments Trump announced Tuesday morning are perfect examples.

Benjamin Cassidy, installed by Trump as assistant secretary for legislative affairs, previously worked as a senior executive at Boeing’s international business sector, marketing Boeing military products abroad. Jonathan Rath Hoffman, named assistant secretary for public affairs, previously worked as a consultant to the Chertoff Group, the sprawling homeland security consulting firm founded by former Secretary of Homeland Security Michael Chertoff. The firm has come under fire for advising a variety of firms seeking government contracts, including for full-body scanners deemed invasive by privacy activists. Hoffman also led a state chapter of a neoconservative military-contractor advocacy organization during the 2016 presidential campaign. Neither position requires Senate confirmation.

Personnel from major defense companies now occupy the highest ranks of the administration including cabinet members and political appointees charged with implementing the Trump agenda. At least 15 officials with financial ties to defense contractors have been either nominated or appointed so far, with potentially more industry names on the way as Trump has yet to nominate a variety of roles in the government, including Army and Navy secretaries.

Before their confirmations, Jim Mattis and John Kelly, the secretaries of the departments of Defense and Homeland Security, were primarily paid by defense firms.

Mattis was paid $242,000, along with up to $500,000 in vested stock options, as director of General Dynamics, a company that produces submarines, tanks, and a range of munitions for the military. Mattis also received speaking fees from several firms, including Northrop Grumman. Kelly previously served in a number of roles at defense contracting consulting and lobbying firms and worked directly as an adviser to Dyncorp, a company that contracts with the Immigrations and Customs Enforcement.

Defense firms have eagerly watched as Trump recently unveiled a budget calling for $54 billion in additional military spending next year, as well as an additional $30 billion for the Pentagon and the Department of Homeland Security for this fiscal year, which ends on September 31. About $15.5 billion of the $30 billion is slated to be spent on new military equipment.

The spending spree will provide a brand new opportunity for defense lobbyists to get business for their clients. And the most effective lobbying generally involves contacting former colleagues in positions of power.

Major lobbying groups for the arms companies, including the National Defense Industrial Association and the Aerospace Industries Association, welcomed the selection of Secretary Mattis, who has already scheduled meetings with industry executives. Secretary Kelly has pledged to work more closely with the private sector, promising greater collaboration with private firms to accomplish his agency’s goals.

To carry out this private-sector friendly agenda, defense officials have taken major roles throughout Trump’s administration.

Pat Shanahan, nominated last week by Trump to serve as deputy secretary of defense, is a vice president at Boeing who formerly led the company’s missile defense subsidiary. Disclosures show that Elaine Duke, the nominee for deputy secretary of homeland security, previously consulted for Booz Allen Hamilton, General Dynamics, and the Columbia Group, a small contractor that builds unmanned naval drones.

The nominee to lead the Air Force, former New Mexico Congresswoman Heather Wilson, worked as a consultant to a Lockheed Martin subsidiary after retiring from public office. The company sought Wilson’s help to maintain a $2.4 billion a year contract to manage Sandia National Laboratories, the premiere nuclear weapons research facility, and to keep the contract closed to competition. “Lockheed Martin should aggressively lobby Congress, but keep a low profile,” Wilson urged the company in a memo revealed later by an inspector general report.

Trump’s pick for national security council chief of staff, retired Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg, has worked at a variety of defense contracting companies. After serving in senior roles in Iraq’s provisional government after the 2003 invasion, Kellogg left the government for the private sector. He told the Washington Post in 2005 that he joined Oracle to “establish a homeland security business unit” at the firm, and later joined CACI International, a company with major contracts in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Following CACI, Kellogg joined Cubic Defense in 2009 to develop the company’s combat training business.

A list of temporary political appointees recently published by ProPublica reveals a number of less-known influence peddlers who have take senior roles in the administration.

Chad Wolf and Lora Ries, two recently appointed advisers at the Department of Homeland Security, are formerly registered defense lobbyists. Wolf lobbied for Harris Corp. and the United Launch Alliance, a partnership between Boeing and Lockheed Martin. Ries previously lobbied for a range of defense and homeland security contractors, including Altegrity, Boeing, Implant Sciences Corp., General Dynamics, L1 Identity Solutions, and TASC Inc.

In the White House, one of the newest members of the National Economic Council staff is Michael Catanzaro, formerly a registered lobbyist working for both Boeing and Halliburton.

Palanatir Technology’s Justin Mikolay, formerly a chief in-house lobbyist for the company who worked to win over billions of dollars in Army contracts, was quietly appointed to serve as a special assistant in the Office of the Secretary of Defense.

Several appointees are associated with SBD Advisors, a consulting that firm that advertises its ability to facilitate “engagements between the technology and defense sectors,” and is advised by a high profile team of former government leaders, including former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff retired Adm. Mike Mullen and former National Security Agency Director of Operations Ron Moultrie.

SBD Advisors’d Sally Donnelly and Tony DeMartino work as temporary political appointees at the Office of the Defense Secretary, according to the list assembled by ProPublica. Kristan King Nevins, recently appointed as chief of staff to Second Lady Karen Pence, also previously worked at SBD Advisors as the director of communications.

The Trump administration is the “military-industrial complex personified,” said William Hartung, director of the Arms & Security Project at the Center for International Policy. Hartung noted that while the administration is bringing arms industry officials into government, it is also demanding a massive increase in military spending and appears to be escalating conflicts in Syria and Yemen.

“In short, the Trump proposals are an armsmaker’s dream come true,” he said.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I like Judge Napolitano's point of view at times. Doesn't Fox News play the opinion card when it comes to certain personalities they put on the air? Why not this time? Trump says he did not make an opinion on Judge Napolitano's unsubstantiated claims but just repeated them lol The National Enquirer makes their money off of unsubstantiated claims and Trump respects them, maybe he can put in a good word for Judge Napolitano? :))

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Trump sics lawyers after teen who made game where he gets attacked by kittens

We know the president is thin-skinned enough to tweet about unflattering portrayals on “SNL,” but is he insecure enough to send his cadre of lawyers after a 17-year-old who coded an innocuous game where kitten paws swipe at Trump’s head? You’re godd*mn right he is. According to the Observer, a high school student who coded a “fun, little” site where cat paws bat Trump’s head around received a cease and desist letter for the throwaway project she put together to help her get web development after she graduates.

Reporter Sage Lazarro spoke with the San Francisco resident, known only as Lucy, about why she chose to go public with the C&D letter rather than take down TrumpScratch.com capitulate to the wishes of one of the most powerful men in the world.

“I was going to just let this go, but I think it’s, pardon my French, @#$!%&! outrageous that the president of the United States has his team scouring the internet for sites like mine to send out cease and desists and legal action claims if we don’t shut down,” Lucy told the Observer in an email. “Meanwhile, he tweets about The Apprentice ratings and sends out power-drunk tweets about phone tapping. HOW ABOUT BEING THE PRESIDENT?”

Trump’s team found the site just three weeks after it went live, and then sent Lucy a letter that embodies the pomp and bluster for which the president is known.

“As I’m sure you’re aware,” the letter read, “the Trump name is internationally known and famous.”

Lucy, with the help of a lawyer, decided to cover her bases, she changed the name of the site from TrumpPunch.com to KittenFeed.com. That should keep the 70-year-old narcissist happy, right?

Wrong.

“But after changing,” she said, “they still came at me.”

Lucy is leaving the site up, so it’s up to Trump’s attorney if they want to suffer the bad optics of sending the full might of his vast legal arsenal to crush a teen.

It’s interesting that Lucy’s site was targeted while “Dump Trump,” a smartphone game that came out last year which features the president as an anthropomorphic turd pile seems to be up and running.

In the meantime, it might behoove Trump’s attorneys to familiarize themselves with the Streisand effect.
=)) :o)

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

GOP chairman: Surveillance was collected about Trump transition team

Post by Joel »

Rep. Devin Nunes claimed that “the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition.” NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden explained how that's possible.

CONGRESSMAN’S TRUMP SURVEILLANCE CLAIMS HAVE AN OBVIOUS, MUNDANE EXPLANATION

REP. DEVIN NUNES, the California Republican and chair of the House Intelligence Committee, claimed Wednesday that “the intelligence community incidentally collected information about U.S. citizens involved in the Trump transition” between President Trump’s election and his inauguration.

Nunes then headed to the White House to brief Trump. White House press secretary Sean Spicer read Nunes’s statement at a press conference and called it “startling information,” implying that it justified Trump’s recent claims that Trump Tower was wiretapped on former President Obama’s orders.

The underlying reality is likely significant but far less exciting: That Trump transition staffers were picked up by standard U.S. surveillance as they arranged for Trump to receive standard post-election calls from world leaders.

If so, what Nunes was describing would not vindicate Trump’s claims, and would also be a separate matter from reported contacts by Trump associates with Russian intelligence officials before the election.

A key goal of the National Security Agency is to monitor the communications of foreign leaders and their staffs. As documents leaked by former NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed, this includes the leaders of allied countries like German Chancellor Angela Merkel. Friendly countries in turn spy on us just as enthusiastically.

Meanwhile, world leaders try to speak to newly-elected U.S. presidents as often as possible during the transition period, first to congratulate them and then to get a read on the incoming president and to influence their views on global politics.

But Trump’s transition, as reported at the time, was extremely chaotic; the president-elect’s team apparently went outside normal procedures to arrange many such calls, an approach that involved many staffers and others in Trump’s orbit.

For instance, former GOP presidential candidate Bob Dole played a role in setting up Trump’s precedent-breaking call with Taiwan President Tsai Ing-wen. President Mauricio Macri of Argentina said that he spoke with Ivanka Trump during his call with Trump. Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull got Trump’s phone number from professional golfer Greg Norman. The governments of Japan and China found it difficult to build contacts within Trump’s transition team and spent a great deal of time trying to do so.

So what would truly be “startling” would be if the U.S. intelligence apparatus hadn’t picked up many Trump staffers speaking with foreign targets of surveillance. This also means that comments like those of Democratic Rep. Ted Lieu of California, who said on Twitter that Trump “officials were either talking to agents of a foreign power, or people suspected of crimes,” are not meaningful. The people with whom Trump’s transition team would be speaking would of course be agents of a foreign power, and there would be nothing wrong with that.

All that said, Trump absolutely will have a legitimate complaint if Nunes was correct when he claimed that “details about U.S. persons associated with the incoming administration with little or no intelligence value were widely disseminated in intelligence community reporting [and] additional names of Trump transition team members were unmasked.”

Privacy advocates have long been concerned about exactly this type of scenario. When the communications of U.S. persons are swept up in spy agency surveillance, their identities can be used in queries against intelligence databases, but must eventually be masked through a process known as minimization. However, many identifying characteristics remain available to intelligence agents, both before and after minimization, allowing the government to engage in something akin to spying on Americans without a warrant. Moreover, NSA staff may decide to unmask Americans’ identity on their own, or be asked to do so by their superiors. This almost certainly is how it was possible for anonymous “current and former U.S. officials” to know that Michael Flynn discussed sanctions against Russia with that country’s ambassador, and then leak it to the Washington Post.

The best outcome now would be for Trump use his power as president to declassify anything he wants, and make as much information public as possible about this “incidental collection.” If in fact any surveillance was conducted on his transition team that was improper by the government’s own standards, he has the power to prove it. If it wasn’t, he owes it to the U.S. not to hide what happened behind the classification curtain. Moreover, releasing everything would be an extremely valuable education for the American public about how much the government collects on its citizens even when it’s following its own rules.

In a recent conversation at the SXSW conference with The Intercept’s Jeremy Scahill, Snowden explained in more detail how the communications of Trump or his staff could have been picked up — and why Americans should be concerned not about Trump’s vulnerability to such wiretapping, but about their own:

SNOWDEN: Now, if you are an American citizen and they say, “I want to look at your communications, I want to listen to this person’s phone calls and everyone they contacted,” this in theory is supposed to require a warrant. But the actual reality here is that they can do something different, and they do do this without a warrant… if they look at the other side of that communication, right? The communication that went overseas or involved a non-U.S. person in any way, that’s entirely legal. That happens without a warrant. …

If anybody at the NSA, if anybody at the FBI, wanted to review communications about President Obama, right? Like me, sitting at the NSA, I could do that simply by typing in an IP address that doesn’t even have to be the president’s IP address, right? Or if I want to search for his private email address or something like that, all I have to do is type it in the system, hit ‘enter,’ and say, “show me U.S. results for this.” This is entirely legal, so long as I’m not targeting him officially. So, I’m saying, I’m not interested in Obama, right? I’m interested in this known system that’s affiliated with Chinese cyber espionage or whatever, that just happens to be Obama’s Blackberry…

I think it is possible, based on everything we see and what we hear, there may be some indication that something like this happened on the backend, right? Where there’s been some searches that implicate not Donald Trump directly, right? Because if he had that, he’d be up on the stage waving it around on TV. …

That’s the problem. It’s not so much that this actually happened here, there, or the other, because we don’t have evidence for that. If Donald Trump wants to take this seriously, right, he needs to fix the problem that everyone in America’s communications are being collected right now without a warrant, and then going into the bucket. And they’re protected by very lax internal policy regulations, right? And this simply is not enough. If he’s worried about the fact that somebody could have been wiretapping Trump Tower, that this could have happened without a warrant, or even with a warrant, right, the problem is not, oh, you know, poor Donald Trump. You’re the president, right? You should be asking questions about, “Why was this possible in the first place, and why haven’t I fixed it?”

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Wife Now Regrets Supporting Trump After Husband Set to be Deported

Helen Beristain is a vocal supporter of President Donald Trump. She’s said in the past that she voted for the President because she agreed with an immigration policy that he promoted. Now, as her husband is about to be deported, her family is on the wrong side of a system she thought would spare them.

Helen’s husband, Roberto Beristain, came to the U.S. illegally from Mexico in 1998, and subsequently received documentation to work in the U.S. and has been checking in with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). But in 2000, he accidentally crossed over into Canada on a trip to Niagara Falls, and ended up being detained, and was told he had to leave the U.S. He didn’t, because Helen was pregnant at the time, according to Indiana Public Media.

Since Roberto remained in the country instead of voluntarily deporting himself, ICE then had the authority to take him into custody. When ICE stumbled upon this incident in February of this year, they did just that, and sent him from his home in Granger, Indiana, to a detention facility in Kenosha, Wisconsin. He is set to be deported on Friday.

Helen Beristain was under the impression that only dangerous criminals would be deported under the Trump administration. Despite early campaign promises to deport every undocumented immigrant from the country, Trump later appeared to soften, saying that criminals were the top priority. Now however, after more than a decade of ICE check-ins went by without a problem, and roughly two months after Trump took office, Roberto is being deported.

“[Trump] did say the good people would not be deported, the good people would be checked,” Helen said. Indeed, the mayor of neighboring South Bend, Indiana, said that Roberto, a local restaurant owner, is a model citizen “without so much as a traffic ticket against his name.” Many conservative neighbors have supported him as well.

In addition to Helen, Roberto will be leaving behind four daughters and 20 employees.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Thousands of Trump University students file to get their money back

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Thousands of former enrollees at Trump University are one step closer to getting back at least some of their money.

More than 3,700 of them have filed claims as part of last year's $25 million settlement agreed to by President Donald Trump, according to an attorney for the plaintiffs in the case. About 7,000 former students were eligible to submit claims, but the deadline to file was March 6.

If the court approves the settlement, former students are projected to receive back about 80% of the money they spent on live seminars or mentorships from the now-defunct, real estate education program, says Rachel Jensen, the class counsel for students nationwide.

The settlement brings the possible closure of three lawsuits that claimed Trump University defrauded students and threatened to drag Trump into court early into his presidency.

A court hearing will be held on March 30 to decide whether to approve the settlement, though one risk is a late challenge from a former student. Sherri B. Simpson of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida filed an objection to the settlement with U.S. District Judge Gonzalo Curiel in San Diego, where the cases have been consolidated.

Simpson, who says she spent about $20,000 on Trump University courses in 2010, told CNN she wants more from the President than just a portion of her money back.

"What he did to me and what he did to everybody else was really fraudulent and I'd really like to take him to trial. I'd like to hold him accountable," Simpson said.

Simpson said in addition to a refund and three times the amount she spent on the programs, she also wants an apology from President Trump.

John F. Banzhaf III, a law professor at George Washington University, said Simpson's objection could delay or even derail the settlement, because if the judge rules in her favor, the settlement would have to be adjusted to allow additional students to opt-out. If the judge rejects her argument, she could appeal.

"What she is doing could torpedo the settlement. If the court grants her request, it means she would be free to sue Donald Trump on her own," Banzhaf said.

Trump University is the defunct, for-profit real estate seminar business Trump launched in 2005. It promised to teach students investing techniques they could use to get rich in real estate -- just like Trump.

Some students ended up paying tens of thousands of dollars. While the initial Trump University seminar was free, teachers would then upsell them for another program. A "one-year apprenticeship," which was effectively a three-day seminar along with the phone number for a "client advisor," cost $1,495, according to court documents. A "mentorship" cost at least $10,000 and the most expensive, the "Gold Elite" program, cost $35,000.

Trump University effectively closed in 2010, the same year the New York Department of Education directed the program to stop operating without a license.

Was it a fraud? In advertisements, Trump said he "hand-picked" the instructors himself, but during a deposition, Trump did not remember a single instructor when a list of names was read. Lawsuits also argued the program was marketed as a university when it was not licensed.

The first of the three lawsuits was filed in 2010. Ultimately, there were two class action suits and a suit from the New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

Donald Trump agreed to settle on November 18, just 10 days after his victory. It saved the president from having to testify in a trial in San Diego.

The settlement is a complete turnaround from Trump's earlier position on the lawsuits. "This is a case I could have settled very easily, but I don't settle cases very easily when I'm right," he said in March 2016 at a Republican presidential debate.

"We are pleased to announce the complete resolution of all litigation involving Trump University," a Trump Organization spokesperson said at the time of the settlement.

"While we have no doubt that Trump University would have prevailed at trial based on the merits of this case, resolution of these matters allows President-Elect Trump to devote his full attention to the important issues facing our great nation."

Trump has remained defiant about the settlement, even suggesting in a Tweet in June he may re-open his shuttered school in the future. When the settlement was reached, then President-elect Trump tweeted: "I settled the Trump University lawsuit for a small fraction of the potential award because as President I have to focus on our country."

Felicisimo Limon, one of the former students who submitted a claim, told CNN he lost about $30,000 on real estate courses he called, "all lies."

Limon, a retired Navy veteran, and his wife attended a free seminar near San Francisco in 2008. He says Trump University representatives convinced him to pay thousands of dollars for seminars he later realized did not include any advanced real estate techniques.

"I am really happy there is a settlement. I was not looking forward to a court fight with Donald Trump," Limon told CNN on Monday.

Limon says he submitted a claim for $29,000 of more than $30,000 he believes he is owed.

He says the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York, which is administrating the settlement, asked him for receipts of his payments. And after several years Limon says some of his receipts are missing.

He isn't sure of what the final amount of his settlement will be but joked that he deserves more than he put in.

"I think they had my money for so long, they should give me interest on top of it," he said.

Bob Guillo, another former student profiled by CNN, said he's out $35,000 and that he deserves all his money back. Though he thinks the settlement is unfair, the 77-year old retiree doesn't want to go through a drawn out lawsuit.

The $25 million settlement will be divided with about $21 million going to students covered in two California class-action suits and $4 million going to additional students covered by the suit filed by New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.

The attorneys involved waived all fees.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

a tweet for every occasion

#AHCA

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

decent advice

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Trump University Settlement May Not Be Settled

Post by Joel »

If it goes to trial I hope they allow cameras

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-trump ... SKBN170329

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Lone Trump U. student wants Trump in court

Post by Joel »

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Sassy Trump: Repeal And Replace Obamacare

Post by Joel »

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Lone Trump U. student wants Trump in court

Post by freedomforall »

Joel wrote: March 29th, 2017, 10:21 pm
I have no sympathy for this woman whatsoever. If she was so smart. why didn't she check out the claims behind Trump's program (course) and see if it fit her needs? A good share of people that take these type of courses for either MLM purposes or to just make money...fail because they either do not follow the instructions fully, or they do not put enough time and effort into what it takes to succeed.
I know a man that grew up poor and is now a millionaire as a representative of an MLM program. I have personally met others that are making thousands of dollars each month doing the same thing. How? Application, work and steady effort.
If I were to try to do the same MLM and fail, am I supposed to sue the head man for my failure, claiming the learning materials were poor and with no substance? Do I sue because I didn't put enough time and effort into it? Wouldn't I be wise and go to the head man and ask questions or offer advice? She, on the other hand, let pride and greed get in the way.
Do I sue because I may be a Democrat? Do I sue because I may be a Republican?

I think we all can see what she is really up to. $$$

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Re: Sassy Trump: Repeal And Replace Obamacare

Post by freedomforall »

Joel wrote: March 30th, 2017, 5:34 am [youtube][/youtube]
Did Obama care? I must have missed the memo. :))

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »