Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution

Discuss political news items / current events.
Bgood
captain of 1,000

Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution

Post by Bgood »

Earlier this week, conservative talk show host Mark Levin warned that Barack Obama is campaigning and preparing the country for what amounts to a coupagainst the Constitution over the debt ceiling, Breitbart.com reported Sunday.

http://countdowntozerotime.com/2013/10/ ... urce=pubv1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Re: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution

Post by sonofliberty »

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing!

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Obama is moving towards a coupe, he has no intention of allowing out society to continue as a constitutional republic.

keep the faith
captain of 100

Post by keep the faith »

Bgood wrote:Obama is moving towards a coupe, he has no intention of allowing out society to continue as a constitutional republic.

Speaking of Levin I am amazed that his crusade to rescue the constitution from life support has had virtually no exposure on this forum. To many Snuffer distractions I guess. He is proposing about the last hope for this Republic. He recently went on Becks radio program and briefly explained it. His Liberty Amendments book goes into detail. This is something every liberty loving citizen should firmly get behind.

http://therightscoop.com/listen-mark-le ... mendments/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tribunal
captain of 1,000

Post by Tribunal »

I also find it odd that there hasn't been discussion on Mark Levin, his crusade for liberty, or about his new book The Liberty Amendments. He certainly has caused a lot of people to think about the Constitution, constitutionalism, and where we are politically here in America. I wish more people would take up the banner and join in the crusade.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Bgood wrote:Obama is moving towards a coupe, he has no intention of allowing out society to continue as a constitutional republic.
I suppose this is backed by these words from a 1965 General Conference.
The devil knows that if the elders of Israel should ever wake up, they could step forth and help preserve freedom and extend the gospel. Therefore the devil has concentrated, and to a large extent successfully, in neutralizing much of the priesthood. He has reduced them to sleeping giants. His arguments are clever….

[Says the devil]: “Don’t do anything in the fight for freedom until the Church sets up its own specific program to save the Constitution.” This brings us right back to the scripture…to those slothful servants who will not do anything until they are “compelled in all things” [D&C 58:26]. Maybe the Lord will never set up a specific church program for the purpose of saving the Constitution. Perhaps if he set one up at this time it might split the Church asunder, and perhaps he does not want that to happen yet for not all the wheat and tares are fully ripe….
[H]ave we elders been warned? Yes, we have. And have we elders been given the guidelines? Yes indeed, we have. And besides, if the Church should ever inaugurate a program [to save the Constitution], who do you think would be in the forefront to get it moving? It would not be those who were sitting on the sidelines prior to that time or those who were appeasing the enemy. It would be those choice spirits who, not waiting to be “commanded in all things,” used their own free will, the counsel of the prophets, and the Spirit of the Lord as guidelines and who entered the battle “in a good cause” and brought to pass much righteousness in freedom’s cause….

Brethren, if we had done our homework and were faithful, we could step forward at this time and help save this country. The fact that most of us are unprepared to do it is an indictment we will have to bear. The longer we wait, the heavier the chains, the deeper the blood, the more the persecution, and the less we can carry out our God-given mandate and worldwide mission. The war in heaven
is raging on the earth today. Are you being neutralized in the battle? (April 1965, General Conference)

Or:
[The] time [will] come when the constitution and government would hang by a brittle thread and would be ready to fall into other hands but this people the latter-day Saints will step forth to save it. (May 1843, James Burgess Journal, 1818-1904, Church Archives, vol. 1)

When the Constitution of the United States hangs, as it were, upon a single thread, they will have to call for the “Mormon” elders to save it from utter destruction; and they will step forth and do it. (February 18, 1855, Journal of Discourses, 2:182)

Will the Constitution be destroyed? No: it will be held inviolate by this people; and as Joseph Smith said, “The time will come when the destiny of the nation will hang upon a single thread. At that critical juncture, this people will step forth and save it from the threatened destruction.” It will be so. (July 4, 1854, Journal of Discourses, 7:15)

But this throws a different slant on the statement:

Orson Hyde
It is said that brother Joseph in his lifetime declared that the Elders of this Church should step forth at a particular time when the Constitution should be in danger, and rescue it, and save it. This may be so; but I do not recollect that he said exactly so. I believe he said something like this—that the time would come when the Constitution and the country would be in danger of an overthrow; and said he, [“]If the Constitution be saved at all, it will be by the Elders of this Church.[”] I believe this is about the language, as nearly as I can recollect it. The question is whether it will be saved at all, or not. (January 3, 1858, Journal of Discourses, 6:152)

What do we believe will be the case?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I believe we will lose the Constitution (what of it we have not already lost) and the best we can do is prepare a remnant to restore its principles after the cleansing.

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Obama Is Trying to Provoke a Revolution

In the midst of the so-called government shut down, Obama has lashed at innocent American citizens. The President’s actions are so egregious that it is difficult to believe that he is not trying to provoke mainstream America into a confrontation with the forces of his administration. After Obama was confronted, in the mainstream media in May, with no less than five Watergate type scandals, coupled with his inability to give the central bankers the war they so desperately desire in the Middle East, the imposition of martial law may be the only way from which Obama can move to squelch all meaningful opposition to his continuing reign of terror. In the midst of the government

Have you had enough America? Well, that is what Obama wants. He wants you to take to the streets. He is waiting to crush all opposition to his “in-your-face-tyranny” approach to governing the American people.
dgmimpeach-obama-now.jpg
dgmimpeach-obama-now.jpg (94.07 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
dgmmarines-storm-the-mall.jpg
dgmmarines-storm-the-mall.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 1092 times

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:I believe we will lose the Constitution (what of it we have not already lost) and the best we can do is prepare a remnant to restore its principles after the cleansing.
How ya doin' Mr Lundbaek? You very well could be correct. I do remember Pres. Benson saying:

From The Constitution--A Heavenly Banner
http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=87" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"We, the blessed beneficiaries, face difficult days in this beloved land, “a land which is choice above all other lands” (Ether 2:10). It may also cost us blood before we are through. It is my conviction, however, that when the Lord comes, the Stars and Stripes will be floating on the breeze over this people. May it be so, and may God give us the faith and the courage exhibited by those patriots who pledged their lives and fortunes that we might be free, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

And this may be construed as a prophetic plea when he said "may it be so."

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Bgood wrote:Obama is moving towards a coupe

... more like a sedan.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Here's a link from Ken Bower's list emailings that may add fuel to this contention:

The link: http://www.eutimes.net/2013/10/pentagon ... ment-soon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

An extract:
Pentagon Warns To Expect “Radical” Change In US Government Soon

Posted by EU Times on Oct 5th, 2013

A highly troubling “urgent bulletin” issued earlier today by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) states that it has received information from the Main Intelligence Directorate (GRU) warning to expect a “radical change” in the government of the United States, possibly within the next fortnight, based on information they have received from “highly placed” sources within the Pentagon.

According to this MoFA bulletin, GRU intelligence assests were notified by their Pentagon counterparts this past week that President Barack Obama is preparing to invoke the powers given to him under 50 USC Chapter 13 to hold that various American States are now in a “state of insurrection” thus allowing him to invoke the National Emergencies Act under 50 USC § 1621 and invoke the highly controversial “continuity of government” plan for the United States allowing him, in essence, to rule with supreme powers.

Specifically, this bulletin says, Obama will invoke 50 USC § 212 that states: “ the President shall have declared by proclamation that the laws of the United States are opposed, and the execution thereof obstructed, by combinations too powerful to be suppressed by the ordinary course of judicial proceedings”

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Hi All,

I would be just a bit more reluctant to jump on board with this. If you check the source for this artice, (down at the bottom of the article) it sends you to a different web site, with the author credited.

This is what I found when doing so:
October 4, 2013

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers
I would need some different sources before I would swallow that hook line and sinker. Im not saying that there is not some truth to all this, just that it may be exagerated or misrepresented.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

kenssurplus wrote:Hi All,

I would be just a bit more reluctant to jump on board with this. If you check the source for this artice, (down at the bottom of the article) it sends you to a different web site, with the author credited.

This is what I found when doing so:
October 4, 2013

By: Sorcha Faal, and as reported to her Western Subscribers
I would need some different sources before I would swallow that hook line and sinker. Im not saying that there is not some truth to all this, just that it may be exagerated or misrepresented.
Yes, this could happen if the Declaration of Independence were to be followed. It is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security for the safety of all.

But, I suppose that most of society just think this paper is to be used to wipe their backside with.

SEE: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charte ... cript.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bgood
captain of 1,000

Post by Bgood »

Here is video of former GOP Rep. Allen West recently telling Greta Van Susteren that Barack Obama “is a dangerous threat to the existence of America as a Constitutional Republic.” He pointed to Obama’s going around the law to change it arbitrarily without going back to Congress.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAWe5oCexAo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;