Men impersonating LDS missionaries rob Vegas resident

Discuss political news items / current events.
embryopocket
captain of 100

Men impersonating LDS missionaries rob Vegas resident

Post by embryopocket »

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=26515283&nid=15 ... featured-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Men impersonating LDS missionaries rob Vegas resident

Post by EmmaLee »

Sad.... Guess I'm a little surprised this hasn't been done before, or tried more often (ugh, turning cynical).

Excerpt from the article -

Police are looking for two men who allegedly robbed a man while posing as Mormon missionaries.

On June 27 at approximately 6:20 a.m., two men wearing white shirts, ties, dark pants and backpacks knocked on a man's door and asked to "speak to him about religion," according to a statement from the Las Vegas Metro Police Department.

After talking to the men for five minutes, the victim was "jumped and punched," held at gunpoint and robbed, police stated.

Police were looking for a white man in his early to mid 20s, about 5-foot-7 and 145 pounds, and a black man about the same age, between 5-foot-10 to 6-foot-1, and 210 pounds.

embryopocket
captain of 100

Post by embryopocket »

Found 'em.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

LOL B-) :))

Cookies
captain of 100

Post by Cookies »

:)) I wasn't going to read this thread, and then I did, and it did not disappoint. Thanks for the laugh! :ymapplause:

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

God will not be mocked....I don't see a good future for those two.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

kathyn wrote:God will not be mocked....I don't see a good future for those two.
I see a good future for a lot of people who did bad for the church, not neccessarily that they will like it at first, but hey, at least they will see today and consider things somewhat. I would love to show Governor Boggs in the next life a picture of the St. Louis Temple, for instance. All I can say is that hearing this news makes me want to see suits on the loose. But really, after a while, well, eventually the gospel will go around to people in Vegas eventually. Hey, after all these years, a few Missourians obviously had no problem converting to the church. I think the mist and smoke on this one will rise faster than Missouri, though.

Benjamin_LK
captain of 1,000

Post by Benjamin_LK »

kathyn wrote:God will not be mocked....I don't see a good future for those two.
Who knows, they might reconsider their actions at some point. IIRC, all kinds of people have been able to come around eventually. Some of the best representatives I remember from the scriptures have been former enemies of the church, see Paul and Alma Jr. I had to forgive former known bullies when I joined the church. Again, who really knows what can happen to people somewhere down the line. I really don't know, but I can't say that I know the capacity of people to repent better than God does.