Discuss political news items / current events.

Ron Paul places 2nd in Minnesota!

Postby »

:)

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/ron- ... 33946.html

Ron Paul’s speech in Minnesota: ‘A strong second place, and it’s going to continue’

Ron Paul took second place in Minnesota's Republican presidential caucuses Tuesday night, pushing Mitt Romney into his first third-place finish of the 2012 campaign.

Addressing his supporters at his campaign headquarters in Golden Valley, Minn., Paul said he is pursuing a delegate-based strategy and spoke extensively about his foreign policy views.

If only more people were awake to what is going on in this country politically, financially and militarily, Paul would easily beat Romney and Santorum, but ignorance is bliss I guess. :ymblushing:
Last edited by Col. Flagg on Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Ron Paul places 2nd in Minnesota!

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Sweet - Paul pushes Romney to 3rd in Minnesota!

Postby »

Exulting that Paul "pushed Romney to third" is hardly the way to reach out to Romney supporters - the way you chose to title this thread is as inflammatory as Bob's "Call girls support Ron Paul" thread.

Why not try being a little less "in your face" with the Romney supporters here? Heaven knows that they have far more reason to point out that Romney is making Paul irrelevant in the election much more than vice-versa. I know as a Ron Paul supporter you understand the concept of blowback, I often wonder why you set yourself up to receive it in this way.

I hope you know I am your friend Col...you hurt your credibility by going out of your way to be obnoxious to those we should be trying to win over...
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: Sweet - Paul pushes Romney to 3rd in Minnesota!

Postby »

Original_Intent wrote:Exulting that Paul "pushed Romney to third" is hardly the way to reach out to Romney supporters - the way you chose to title this thread is as inflammatory as Bob's "Call girls support Ron Paul" thread.

Why not try being a little less "in your face" with the Romney supporters here? Heaven knows that they have far more reason to point out that Romney is making Paul irrelevant in the election much more than vice-versa. I know as a Ron Paul supporter you understand the concept of blowback, I often wonder why you set yourself up to receive it in this way.

I hope you know I am your friend Col...you hurt your credibility by going out of your way to be obnoxious to those we should be trying to win over...


I have to agree. Just stick to the facts col. Change the title to "Paul gets 2nd place in Minnesota" or something like that.
God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God?

- Thomas Jefferson, 1781
Rensai
captain of 100

User avatar
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Sweet - Paul pushes Romney to 3rd in Minnesota!

Postby »

Original_Intent wrote:Exulting that Paul "pushed Romney to third" is hardly the way to reach out to Romney supporters - the way you chose to title this thread is as inflammatory as Bob's "Call girls support Ron Paul" thread.

Why not try being a little less "in your face" with the Romney supporters here? Heaven knows that they have far more reason to point out that Romney is making Paul irrelevant in the election much more than vice-versa. I know as a Ron Paul supporter you understand the concept of blowback, I often wonder why you set yourself up to receive it in this way.

I hope you know I am your friend Col...you hurt your credibility by going out of your way to be obnoxious to those we should be trying to win over...

The title wasn't mine - it was the headline of the article on the website that linked to the story - it was not to inflame and I agree that 'Paul takes 2nd in Minnesota' would have been a better subject title - I'll try and be less 'in your face' next time in an attempt to be more considerate.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: Sweet - Paul pushes Romney to 3rd in Minnesota!

Postby »

Rensai wrote:
Original_Intent wrote:Exulting that Paul "pushed Romney to third" is hardly the way to reach out to Romney supporters - the way you chose to title this thread is as inflammatory as Bob's "Call girls support Ron Paul" thread.

Why not try being a little less "in your face" with the Romney supporters here? Heaven knows that they have far more reason to point out that Romney is making Paul irrelevant in the election much more than vice-versa. I know as a Ron Paul supporter you understand the concept of blowback, I often wonder why you set yourself up to receive it in this way.

I hope you know I am your friend Col...you hurt your credibility by going out of your way to be obnoxious to those we should be trying to win over...


I have to agree. Just stick to the facts col. Change the title to "Paul gets 2nd place in Minnesota" or something like that.

Done - good idea - the title was a bit inflammatory. :ymblushing:
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 14311
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: Ron Paul places 2nd in Minnesota!

Postby »

LOL..... Paul irrelevant? Did I read that right :-o

Winning states is just fine, but winning Delegates is the important issue and Ron Paul is that will take this all the way to Tampa..... ;)

In my opinion, Romney has/is hurting himself. What do you expect when you can't stand firm on most relevant issues? What do you expect when you say you would strip an American of their rights by signing the NDAA Bill if you had been President...he shot himself in the foot YMWHISTLE
liberty_belle
captain of 100
 
Posts: 575
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:09 pm

Re: Ron Paul places 2nd in Minnesota!

Postby »

liberty_belle wrote:LOL..... Paul irrelevant? Did I read that right :-o

Winning states is just fine, but winning Delegates is the important issue and Ron Paul is that will take this all the way to Tampa..... ;)

In my opinion, Romney has/is hurting himself. What do you expect when you can't stand firm on most relevant issues? What do you expect when you say you would strip an American of their rights by signing the NDAA Bill if you had been President...he shot himself in the foot YMWHISTLE


I didn't say he was irrelevant.

I said that based on the numbers so far, that if we get into a, pardon the expression, pissing contest with the Romney people that it would likely be to our hurt.

edit: I just re-read my post and I did indeed say that Romney supporters could argue that Romney was making Paul irrelevant. I'll take a line from Mitt and say I mispoke, because that was not my intent.

edit 2: oh, and Col, thanks for changing the thread title! :ymhug: ;)
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

User avatar
 
Posts: 8943
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:35 pm


Return to News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 33 guests