Alex Jones or Glenn Beck?

Discuss political news items / current events.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Alex Jones or Glenn Beck?

Post by Joel »

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

How about listen to some Ultimate Warrior?

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

Why are all the Alex Jones Posters on his site Anti-Jewish?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

Glenn Beck hands down, and it's not even close. This thread began years ago, so I hope opinions of those that have posted have changed. I know Glenn has done a lot of changing with personal and spiritual growth in the last 15-16 years. I've been listening to him since his days on CNN Headline News (early 2000), I'm glad I've kept/stayed with him. Is he perfect? No. He will admit that too and often does. Does he get things wrong sometimes? Yes, (sometimes) and guess what he leads his shows with his mistakes to correct the record. For those that truly listen and follow him will know that to be true. Alex Jones is everything and anything conspiracy. He will have some truth mixed in, which allows him to actually keep some sane people watching and listening to him. So when I hear something from Alex Jones or something that comes from InfoWars, I can often tell right off that it is not worthy of my attention. If it seems credible I will take the time to go to trusted sources to confirm.
I don't know or understand how anyone can believe even half of the nonsense that Alex Jones pushes out. 9/11 conspiracy for one, are you kidding me?! We all witnessed what actually happened that day. That was not an inside job by our government. It was terrorism, and those buildings failed not from demolition explosions, but from structural failure when steel is heated to extreme temperatures. I could go on, anyway I think you get my point. Anyone who believes in and furthers the 9/11 truther movement in my mind is suspect. I will question their motives and things they say when someone tells me 9/11 was an inside job. Some day we will all know the truth though, and that will be a very enlightening time for us all.
Here are a few clips I find interesting on the subject matter:

Awesome explanation for the structural steel failure, debunking the 9/11 conspiracy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Glenn Beck program 5/6/16. Touches on Alex Jones, a must listen. Skip to the 1:19:00 minute mark.
https://soundcloud.com/search?q=The%20G ... m%205/6/16" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pat and Stu #2 overall pick. Alex Jones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDbb1aQ3dF0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy Sabbath brothers and sisters. May we all be careful who and what we listen to, and find the truth for ourselves.

Full disclosure: I've been in the construction industry for over a decade. Specializing in structural steel construction, I can say with certainty that the steel (carrying live and dead loads) in those buildings failed due to heat being applied to them. (Watch the first video above for the principle)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

For those who were wondering what happened to Glen Beck go to this post at: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39530&start=1620#p756795" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Beck has apparently made an alliance with Samantha Bee, the far-left comedy central "comedian", in their efforts to combat Trump.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

larsenb wrote:For those who were wondering what happened to Glen Beck go to this post at: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=39530&start=1620#p756795" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .

Beck has apparently made an alliance with Samantha Bee, the far-left comedy central "comedian", in their efforts to combat Trump.
I remember a movie back in the 1970s where a slug-like creature would enter people's bodies, travel to their brains, and take them over. Could this have happened to Glenn?

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Full disclosure: I've been in the construction industry for over a decade. Specializing in structural steel construction, I can say with certainty that the steel (carrying live and dead loads) in those buildings failed due to heat being applied to them. (Watch the first video above for the principle)
Can you please help me out on one thing? Explain Building 7 falling down. I realize with your expertise it should be an easy task.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

"Can you please help me out on one thing? Explain Building 7 falling down. I realize with your expertise it should be an easy task."

This link might help answer that question:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fire.html

Bldg 7 and surrounding buildings were not left unscathed or immune to the overall destruction of those two buildings.

When steel is heated, it is weakened and can no longer carry the loads that it was designed to carry. When that occurs the structure will fail. With a normal office fire and in normal conditions, fires should be easily extinguished and there would not be a structural failure. Given that day though 9/11/01 with all of the chaos and efforts put in to the twin towers there was not a fire fighting force large enough to handle all of the fires in the area. Just some thoughts. I've also heard of reports/accounts of parts of the building(s) that collapsed hit bldg. 7.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

L4t3rD4yS41nT wrote:"Can you please help me out on one thing? Explain Building 7 falling down. I realize with your expertise it should be an easy task."

Bldg 7 and surrounding buildings were not left unscathed or immune to the overall destruction of those two buildings.

When steel is heated, it is weakened and can no longer carry the loads that it was designed to carry. When that occurs the structure will fail. With a normal office fire and in normal conditions, fires should be easily extinguished and there would not be a structural failure. Given that day though 9/11/01 with all of the chaos and efforts put in to the twin towers there was not a fire fighting force large enough to handle all of the fires in the area. Just some thoughts. I've also heard of reports/accounts of parts of the building(s) that collapsed hit bldg. 7.
Then of course you have many examples of high rise buildings that have collapsed horizontally due to office fires on lowerer floors, right? You should share these multiple examples, and there must be many due to fire being a common occurance, to illustrate this with.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

I really don't see the point in continuing this back and forth. Obviously you have deep convictions that the United States government was involved in 9/11 (to what extent, doesn't matter), so I'm not going to change your mind. There is no way that anyone can change my mind on what happened that day, and what caused those buildings to collapse. I will however leave with some good sound facts of what experts say about the building failure. If you are sincere in your questioning and are seeking the truth, then the information should be well received.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technol ... 4/4278874/

https://mic.com/articles/63215/building ... .ZjBENvFyy

Good luck in your pursuit for the truth. Take care!

Army Of Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Army Of Truth »

L4t3rD4yS41nT wrote:"Can you please help me out on one thing? Explain Building 7 falling down. I realize with your expertise it should be an easy task."

This page shows NO EVIDENCE whatsoever!?! #-O It does show dark smoke meaning the fires were cooling off.

When steel is heated, it is weakened and can no longer carry the loads that it was designed to carry. When that occurs the structure will fail.

Oh really? Says who? This sounds like a word for word script right out of the 9-11 "Omission" Commission. There have been dozens upon dozens of steel-framed buildings that have caught fire throughout history but NEVER has one fallen DUE TO FIRE!!

Here are a few examples of steel-framed buildings that were TOTALLY engulfed in fires (some for nearly a full day with 100s of firefighters fighting them), but guess what?
NONE OF THESE COLLAPSED!!! =;

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

Could it be possible that the core of those structures is concrete? My guess would be yes. Might be worth looking into.

L4t3rD4yS41nT
captain of 10

Post by L4t3rD4yS41nT »

Windsor building:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windsor_Tower_(Madrid)
Characteristics of the building
"Its distinctive appearance was due to its elemental geometry, lacking composite elements. Its façade was completely covered by reflective glass-like panels that mirrored the sky of Madrid, diminishing its visual impact. The structure was divided into two halves by a technical floor without windows. It was a very solid building, with a central core of reinforced concrete that resisted the high temperatures of the fire without collapsing. The building did not have a fire sprinkler system. Sprinklers were being retrofitted, but they were not yet operable when the building was destroyed by fire.[1]"

seer stone
captain of 100

Post by seer stone »

Haha, I started this thread 5 years ago and I've been absent ever since. Good to see that someone brought it back to life after so many years.

By the way, I still trust Alex more than Glen, however he has loss some credibility with me over the years. Maybe it's because he takes off his shirt and runs through the woods. He must of lost a screw during one of his crazy rants. Donald Trump legacy can literally make or break infowars.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Your Daily Mail article is one of the silliest articles on 9/11 issues I've seen. The first photo is the photoshopped photo that's been used for years. Look at the straight line of smoke on the corner of the building. This is a dead give-away. Nor were there fires on more that about 5-6 lower floors, not all the way up the south side. The actual NIST report on Bldg 7, said damage to Bldg 7 caused by the collapsing North Tower was minimal and did not play a role in its collapse.

The author says:
Though the entirety of the collapse is not shown in the video, it does show how there is legitimacy to the explanation provided by the government's 9/11 Commission investigation.
Sorry, but the 9/11 Commission Report did not cover Building 7. I've found no mention of Building 7 in a search of the actual 9/11 Commission Report

The author goes on to say:
Government analysts part of the 9/11 Commission said that all three of the buildings that fell in New York that day were due to 'total progressive collapse,' which means that when a building has extreme damage in one area, the entire structure of the building is weakened as a result.
Doing a search of the report for 'total progressive collapse" gave zero results, as did a search just on the word 'progressive'.

That's just for starters. I'll comment on the rest of your assertions later if so inclined.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

seer stone wrote: . . . . Donald Trump legacy can literally make or break infowars.
Not really. If Donald goes off track, Alex will simply make note of it and express regret.

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

Beck just joined the left wing freak show with Samantha Bee. Is that enough to know?
seer stone wrote:I started this topic to see how people on this forum view these two news icons. It seems like many people here either support one or the other.

Since I created, it would only be proper to give my thoughts first.

I seem to like Jones better than Beck. Not to say I believe every conspiracy theory that comes from his lips. I enjoy most of the guest he has on his show and I feel like I receive good info on modern day secret combinations. I must admit I take everything he says with a grain of salt. Alex has always supported Ron Paul, the constitution, and is willing to expose 9/11. I can only listen to him for so long because I begin to feel overwhelmed of the direction our corrupt nation is headed.

As for Beck, I do like I a lot of what he has to offer, but he just won't touch basis on certain topics. He has ridiculed Ron Paul at times and the truth movement as well. I've seen him put his foot in the mouth more than a few times. However he has grown over the years as he has done extensive research.

To give an honest opinion, I fall somewhere in between the two, but more closer towards Jones than Beck.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

Robin Hood wrote:Can't we have a third choice?
I agree, and I'd suggest a choice that includes nothing but classic rock.

I have to admit, I've been fairly impressed with Ben Shapiro when it comes to ability to voice a position.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

Maybe Glenn will decide to go polygamist and ask Samantha Bee to join? And the symbolic value of that sweater. What would Freud say?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Joel wrote:
Not really. He did mention the suspicions floating around that some Hollywood celebrities who were waning in popularity had been murdered, designed to bring a renewed interest in their output and increased profits as a result.

He mentioned this, and said ~"I'm not suggesting this is what happened to Carrie Fisher".

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

On Vice tonight:
A profile of Donald Trump supporter Alex Jones, an influential, if fringe, conservative figure whose radio show, videos and websites peddle conspiracy theories to an audience of millions.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

The government is turning the frogs gay!!!