5 nuclear reactors now in trouble...

Discuss political news items / current events.
buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: 5 nuclear reactors now in trouble...

Post by buffalo_girl »

Thank you, Ras922! I do appreciate that information.

I believe the Lord has and continues to help us with every possible means from His Creation to counter the 'evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of conspiring men in the last days' so long as we are obeying all those little observances we have been asked to follow.

Doctrine & Covenants 89
4....In consequence of evils and designs which do and will exist in the hearts of bconspiring men in the last days, I have cwarned you, and forewarn you, by giving unto you this word of wisdom by revelation—

Right now, I feel absolutely overwhelmed with the knowledge that all those Japanese people who were told to shut themselves in their homes against radioactive fallout have been abandoned to their fates. It would seem that 1/2 the effort to contain those reactors could have gone to providing food and water to those nearby. Even if they are doomed to radiation sickness and death, it is beyond cruel to provide no basic comfort to these helpless victims.

Songbird
captain of 1,000

Post by Songbird »

I found the following on the live comments feed on BBC news.
2029: The Christian Science Monitor carries a report that nuclear power plants in the US had at least 14 "near misses", or serious failures, in 2009-10 in which safety was at risk. The CSM quotes a report from the safety watchdog, the Union of Concerned Scientists, which says no one was harmed from the safety problems. They were due to lapses in oversight and enforcement by nuclear safety regulators, the report says.
We are not immune to idiocy!

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Diablo Canyon nuclear plant 'near miss' in report

A system to pump water during an emergency at Diablo Canyon nuclear plant wasn't working for 18 months
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/ar ... 655889.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Swell. I wonder if an Israeli company set up its security systems as well. Good reason to stock up on Potassium Iodide when the supply comes back up…. I’ve been feeling a little slothful for having only enough for myself.

Hopefully they have the system up and running just in case a big one hits…. this weekend?

Censored Fukushima news: Meltdowns, Nuclear level 5, US fallout recorded

March 18th, 2011 4:54 pm ET
http://www.examiner.com/human-rights-in ... ar-level-5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mar 18 11:53
New footage of damaged Fukushima reactor

At ten seconds, those straight rods, much thicker than the steel rebar from the concrete, look like they may be spent fuel rods lying in the open!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... actor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mar 18 11:34
Japan nuclear plant: Just 48 hours to avoid 'another Chernobyl'

Japan has 48 hours to bring its rapidly escalating nuclear crisis under control before it faces a catastrophe “worse than Chernobyl”, it was claimed last night.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... nobyl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If a full blown nuclear meltdown occurs all bets are off and we go into a massive financial global meltdown. You will then see your banking holidays and gold and silver will go 3,000 dollars bid no offer and silver say at 50 dollars bid no offer.
--Harvey Organ
http://harveyorgan.blogspot.com/2011/03 ... -gold.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

18 11:26
UC Berkley: Japan Nuclear Fallout Radiation Detected In California

Coup Media Group reports informs us that the first Radioactive particles from the nuclear fallout are now falling in California. Experts at UC Berkley have confirmed that the radioactive particles are from the MOX Japanese Fukushima reactors.

Additionally, the Raw Story reports UN officials have also detected the Radiation in the US.

Supposedly the US was increasing nuclear detection capabilities in a so called "abundance of caution". Ironically there are no reports of the US Government detecting any radiation from their monitoring stations yet.

http://blog.alexanderhiggins.com/2011/0 ... rnia-9153/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mar 18 10:57
The moment nuclear plant chief WEPT as Japanese finally admit that radiation leak is serious enough to kill people

The boss of the company behind the devastated Japanese nuclear reactor today broke down in tears - as his country finally acknowledged the radiation spewing from the over-heating reactors and fuel rods was enough to kill some citizens.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eople.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

By Miriam Raftery

March 16, 2011 (San Diego) 12:30 a.m. -- A radiation map on the U.S. Environmental Protection Service shows radiation levels at measuring stations across the United States. There is a disturbing pattern showing gamma radiation levels along the West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii at two to ten times levels on the East Coast, with midwest states in mid-ranges:

The EPA radiation site (http://www.epa.gov/radiation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) has a database but does not appear to list what units this map is measured in, so it is difficult to assess whether these levels should be of concern. However it's clear from the map that levels are highest in all West Coast states, Hawaii, Alaska, Arizona and Nevada, all with measures in the 900s, tapering off as you move eastward, with measurements on the East Coast ranging from around 100 to 400.

The map displays gamma radiation. The site states that gamma radiation is only measured when beta radiation is found to exceed normal levels.

Gamma radiation is the type of radiation being spewed forth from at least four failed Japanese nuclear reactors, including two where authorities have indicated the core has been breached, plus a spent fuel rod pond where radiation was released directly into the atmosphere. In low levels, gamma rays can cause nausea and other effects. In high levels, it can cause more serious health effects both short and long term, including cancer and birth defects.

East County Magazine will be contacting the EPA when their office opens for an explanation on the measurements. Earlier today, the EPA issued a statement indicating it will deploy more electronic monitors that measure radiatiolevels in the air. The monitors, which detect gamma radiation and radioactive particles, will be set up in "parts of the Western U.S. and U.S. territories," the agency said in a statement.

EPA officials, however, refused to answer questions or make staff members available to explain the exact location and number of monitors, or the levels of radiation, if any, being recorded at existing monitors in California, the San Jose Mercury-News reports. Margot Perez-Sullivan at the EPA's regional headquarters in San Francisco, said the agency's written statement would stand on its own.

Critics said the public needs more information.

"It's disappointing," said Bill Magavern, director of Sierra Club California. "I have a strong suspicion that EPA is being silenced by those in the federal government who don't want anything to stand in the way of a nuclear power expansion in this country, heavily subsidized by taxpayer money."

The EPA has 124 air monitors, which provide hourly readings, already in place in its "Rad-Net" system to measure radiation, including 12 in California and two in Hawaii. California locations include San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Los Angeles and San Diego; however the San Diego monitor is listed as "inactive" on another EPA database. The EPA also has 40 mobile monitors, some of which are now being deployed. The agency clarified that some would go to Guam, Hawaii and Alaska, but did not respond to questions about California, the Mercury-News said.

"As the Nuclear Regulatory Commission has said, we do not expect to see radiation at harmful levels reaching the U.S. from damaged Japanese nuclear power plants," the EPA statement yesterday stated.

Government regulatory agencies and nuclear experts have repeatedly said that high levels of radiation are unlikely to hit California in significant quantities because Japan is 5,000 miles away. However, studies from the California Air Resources Board have found that coal dust and other pollution from China regularly reaches the state.

Most experts said that if the Japanese reactors experience a complete Chernobyl-type explosion, fire and release of nuclear material, some could reach California, but "probably in very low amounts," the Mercury- News reports.

The Japanese government now has a website with radiation readings there posted online, however Fukushima and certain other locations are listed as "under survey" and have not been releaesd. You can view the current data here: http://www.bousai.ne.jp/eng/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is an analysis and screenshots of the Japanese data here that indicates gamma radiation levels were extremely high 100 miles or so from the explosions and fires at the Fukushima nuclear reactors. The website Zero Hedge analysis concludes that "the data is stunning: based on a N, NE and NNE wind direction (where it originates), meaning all coming from Fukushima, with a normal reading in the 80 nGy/h range, the city of Kounosu Naka is at 3,024, Kadobe Naka is at 2,416, Isobe Hitachioota is at 1,213 and many others are in the mid to upper triple digit range! Again, this is based on wind coming out of Fukushima and ultimately headed toward the capital. Indicatively, normal terrestrial plus cosmic gamma radiation is about 80 nGy/h." See
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/gamma- ... ove-normal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ECM cautions that we do not know whether these sites are using comparable measurements to the EPA site or not, nor even whether West Coast gamma measurements are customarily comparable to East Coast measurements or not, nor whether the higher levels on this map are due to the ongoing nuclear crisis in Japan. However we believe in giving the public all information available. We will be seeking expert comments at the earliest opportunity.
- Google cache of story.....since taken down.

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

I'm so glad and thankful that the Lord has seen fit to have heavy rains to wash the sky and for the forests that cover the land to filter pollutants and for Him also providing us with ways to remove heavy metals from our bodies naturally.

It seems that no matter how badly we treat the Earth, the Lord has seen fit to make it possible through micro-organisms, etc. to heal the earth over time.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

One of The Darkest Evils the World has ever Known.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't it Israel that sent 50,000 African mercenaries into Libya? So... aren’t the NATO coalition now bombing, strafing and tomahawking Israel’s mercenaries? Meanwhile, isn’t the reason that the assaults didn't stop (possibly Gadhafi doesn't have control) is because Israel is in control of them? There's a whole lot of irony here. Someday, lambs will suck in vengeance at the teats of irony.

Now... it's been acknowledged that Israeli security was in charge of the Fukishima nuclear plant. The plant didn't automatically shut down as it should have. The Stuxnet was confirmed in the computer systems near Fukushima and the US and Israel have publicly taken credit for inventing it? Please correct me if I am wrong.
http://smokingmirrors.blogspot.com/2011 ... -ever.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

News report: Thousands Of U.S. Personnel Evacuated From Japan To Western Wash.
The report says a total of 200,000 US personnel to be evacuated from Japan to US West Coast. That seems like a very high number. If this is accurate, it must mean things in Japan are a lot worse than we are being told. /Sting Ray

SEATTLE, Wash. -- Thousands of U.S. military and Department of Defense personnel are being voluntarily evacuated from Japan to Seattle and Joint Base Lewis-McChord following last week’s earthquake and tsunami.

The USO confirmed Friday that 15,000 U.S. personnel and their dependents will be hosted at USO centers at SeaTac and JBLM in the coming days. The evacuation is part of the U.S. State Department's voluntary evacuation of U.S. personnel following growing concerns at nuclear plants in Japan.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/27248974/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

The Japanese are reporting that temperatures are dropping in the Fukushima plants. I hope, for the sake of the Japanese people that it really will be possible to get this situation under control.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

I hope for the sake of the people of the whole planet they get it under control, but it isn’t looking promising. From what I saw, it looked like the spent fuel rods from #4 were blown right out of the building!

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

This just in today 2/3/2017:

"Fukishima Radiation Spikes to Unprecedented Levels Following Possible Breach"

Levels haven't been this high since thge actual meltdown in 2011...!!

Fukushima radiation levels have soared to their highest levels since the triple core meltdown that occured in 2011.

Levels are up to 530 Sieverts per hour, a dosage that would be fatal dozenz and dozens of times over if a human were to be exposed to it.

The previous high was still a very fatal rate of 73 sieverts per hour.
The extremely high levels of radiation described as "unimaginable" by experts - suggest that some of the fuel has escaped.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

Six years of radioactive hemorrhage into the Pacific Ocean, and it never stops.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

I read a news story on the record high radiation levels too, but my impression was that they were measured by remote cotrolled robots in the nuclear plant which is well isolated. It's not leaking into the ocean.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I read a news story on the record high radiation levels too, but my impression was that they were measured by remote controlled robots in the nuclear plant which is well isolated. It's not leaking into the ocean.

The water used to continually 'cool' the reactors is finding its way into the ocean. According to the linked article, the amount of contamination is less than thought at the onset, but if the contaminated water was already overwhelming the decontamination process, how will this much more radiation impact the outcome?

The following article was from October 2016

http://www.triplepundit.com/2016/10/fuk ... revisited/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Greenpeace’s famed ship, the Rainbow Warrior, went out to sample the waters around Fukushima in February of this year with former Japanese Prime Minister Mr. Naoto Kan onboard. What they found was that radiation in the seabed off Fukushima “is hundreds of times above pre-2011 levels.” They also found levels in nearby rivers that were “up to 200 times higher than ocean sediment.”

Expressing concern, Ai Kashiwagi, energy campaigner for Greenpeace Japan, said: “These river samples were taken in areas where the Abe government is stating it is safe for people to live. But the results show there is no return to normal after this nuclear catastrophe.”

The areas sampled include the Niida River in Minami Soma, where readings measured as high as 29,800 becquerels per kilogram (Bq/kg) for radio-cesium. (For those new to the subject, a becquerel is a derived unit that measures radioactivity.) More samples taken at the estuary of the Abukuma River in Miyagi prefecture, more than 90 kilometers north of the Fukushima Daiichi plant, found levels in sediment as high as 6,500 Bq/kg. To put that in perspective, recorded levels in the seabed near the plant before the disaster were 0.65 Bq/kg.

So, while we have not yet seen the global-scale consequences some predicted, the situation is indeed bad and getting worse. TEPCO continues to build steel tanks at the rate of three per week, to house a great deal of contaminated groundwater while awaiting decontamination. But according to this PBS documentary, the company will run out of room for more tanks sometime next year. The gravity-fed water filtration system has been effective in removing most contaminants, except for tritium. Tritium is a relatively weak radionuclide with a half-life of 12.5 years, which means it will take about 100 years to fully break down.

The molten nuclear cores in reactors still remain in three reactors. And the site will not be fully stabilized until those are removed. But the radioactivity level in those reactors is far too high for people to enter. TEPCO plans to develop robots to go in and retrieve the molten fuel. The company says that retrieval is estimated to begin in 2020.

The linked article below is current:

https://www.japantoday.com/category/nat ... ma-reactor" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Media blackout over “unimaginable” radiation levels detected at Fukushima… MOX fuel melts through reactor floor… half life of 24,000 years
Monday, February 06, 2017 by: Mike Adams

The melted fuel rods which are generating this radiation have apparently bored a hole through the floor of the containment vessel, meaning they may be very close to coming into contact with ground water or ocean water (or may have already struck it). Melting fuel rods also vastly increases the risk of nuclear fuel criticality which could “explode” the deadly radioactive elements into the open atmosphere. Yet nearly the entire mainstream media remains in a complete news blackout over this devastating development that threatens the sustainability of all life in the Northern hemisphere.

It is at moments like this that I seriously feel like humanity has become a planet-wide suicide cult run by incompetent morons. If they all want to drink the Kool-Aid, that’s their choice, but I would prefer they don’t take me with them. For my part, I would actually like to live on a planet that isn’t contaminated and condemned by plutonium-239, cesium-137 and strontium-90.

According to the insanely stupid mainstream media, that somehow makes me crazy. But you and I both know that conforming to the stupidity of the delusional masses has never been a measure of sanity.

http://www.naturalnews.com/2017-02-06-u ... floor.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fourteenth: The great destructive force which was to be turned loose on the earth and which the prophets for centuries have been calling the "abomination of desolation" is vividly described by those who saw it in vision. Ours is the first generation to realize how literally these prophecies can be fulfilled now that God, through science, has unlocked the secret to thermonuclear reaction.
(Elder Ezra Taft Benson, Conference Report, October 1961, Afternoon Meeting, p.69-70)
http://comingtochrist.blogspot.com/2008 ... hread.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

JK4Woods wrote:This just in today 2/3/2017:

Fukushima radiation levels have soared to their highest levels since the triple core meltdown that occured in 2011.

Levels are up to 530 Sieverts per hour, a dosage that would be fatal dozenz and dozens of times over if a human were to be exposed to it.

The extremely high levels of radiation described as "unimaginable" by experts - suggest that some of the fuel has escaped.
The truth is that radiation has been decreasing in line with the half life of the radioactive isotopes encountered (about 30.17 years for cesium-137, eight days for Iodine-131). This blatantly dishonest headline and story ignores the fact that no robots have been in this part of the reactor since the incident and that radiation hasn't spiked but has been at this level since the incident without being previously measured.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

brianj wrote:
JK4Woods wrote:This just in today 2/3/2017:

The truth is that radiation has been decreasing in line with the half life of the radioactive isotopes encountered (about 30.17 years for cesium-137, eight days for Iodine-131). This blatantly dishonest headline and story ignores the fact that no robots have been in this part of the reactor since the incident and that radiation hasn't spiked but has been at this level since the incident without being previously measured.
I don't believe your assessment is correct, brian. The report of 530 sieverts is verified, and reported by Fox News among others, and they also reported that a robot was sent in in, and was destroyed within minutes because of the incredibly high radiation.

Google YouTube Fukushima 2017 to find the Fox News excerpt.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Lizzy60 wrote:I don't believe your assessment is correct, brian. The report of 530 sieverts is verified, and reported by Fox News among others, and they also reported that a robot was sent in in, and was destroyed within minutes because of the incredibly high radiation.

Google YouTube Fukushima 2017 to find the Fox News excerpt.
I went to Fox News and here's what I found:
Prior to the exploration that found this radiation level no robot had been that far into reactor two.
No robot was fried. The robots being used would only last about two hours in a radiation environment that high, and this one didn't stick around that long.
Here's the article I referenced: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017/02/ ... plant.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That article has links to articles at Japan Times and Smithsonian Magazine that say the robot didn't have any sensors onboard to directly measure radiation so the 530 Sv / hr number is an estimate based on noise in the images. Many other articles state that this is the first time that part of reactor 2 has been explored. It should be obvious that the closer you get to the fuel the higher radiation is going to be.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

I thought I would post this article by Dr. Sircus to help others understand the gravity of the situation referred to in LDS literature and spoken word as the "abomination of desolation." (posted above)

Dr. Sircus offers advice on what we can do to protect ourselves. I have been using his protocols for some time now since this disaster. I remember putting zeolite in my garden to suck up the radiation, and washing my vegetable in bentonite to remove radioactive fallout because my first thoughts when this happened in 2011, was that it was possibly a life extinction event. Nobody knows how to deal with this catastrophe. Absent divine intervention, we probably won’t make it, and dying a slow painful death is not my idea of a good time. I have been following his protocols as much as possible, with very good success, and highly recommend you investigate the protocols at his website which includes lead sources to obtain the modalities he recommends.

http://drsircus.com/protocol/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hell Hole on Earth Discovered at Fukushima

Published on February 9, 2017

http://drsircus.com/general/hell-hole-e ... 1-10869497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

The Horrible Truth About Fukushima -- Helen Caldicott, MD

Published on Jan 26, 2017

Author and Pediatrician Helen Caldicott takes time out of her busy schedule to join me to discuss the unfolding events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan. Fukushima was devastated by a massive earthquake on March 11, 2011 which led directly to a massive failure causing hydrogen explosions which blew the roof off of at least two of the reactor buildings. Tepco and the Japanese government have understated the radiation dangers and the dire reality of the situation from day one.

Helen says, at this point there is no "best case scenario" for Fukushima, just worsening degrees of horror because it's scientifically impossible to clean up what has already occurred. And with thousands of spent fuel rods and thousands more active rods still in the fuel pools of the damaged reactor buildings, the worst case scenario - if another major earthquake hits the area - is an ecological nightmare of biblical proportions for everyone living in the Northern hemisphere.

Helen's site:
http://www.helencaldicott.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Video at https://youtu.be/Qkn-GwXam-k" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

A Japanese court has found the government guilty of negligence causing the Fukushima nuclear disaster and ordered them to pay tens of millions of dollars in compensation to victims, according to reports from Japan.

The shock ruling opens up the prospect of citizens of Pacific nations including the United States of America receiving compensation from the Japanese government for the disaster which contaminated the entire Pacific Ocean and irreperably poisoned the world’s food chain.

Why is this being ignored by the mainstream media? It might have something to do with the fact that the US and Canadian governments have banned their citizens from talking about Fukushima so “people don’t panic.”

More Here: http://yournewswire.com/japaese-governm ... fukushima/

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Toto wrote: March 27th, 2017, 6:24 pm A Japanese court has found the government guilty of negligence causing the Fukushima nuclear disaster and ordered them to pay tens of millions of dollars in compensation to victims, according to reports from Japan.

The shock ruling opens up the prospect of citizens of Pacific nations including the United States of America receiving compensation from the Japanese government for the disaster which contaminated the entire Pacific Ocean and irreperably poisoned the world’s food chain.

Why is this being ignored by the mainstream media? It might have something to do with the fact that the US and Canadian governments have banned their citizens from talking about Fukushima so “people don’t panic.”

More Here: http://yournewswire.com/japaese-governm ... fukushima/
The nuclear plant operator, Tokyo Electric Power Co. Holdings, was also found guilty of negligence that led to the disaster that nuclear experts say will likely continue affecting wildlife and humans for the next 250,000 years.
Another reason why the "earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory" (A of F 1:10).

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

So do you think the mess will be cleaned up and the Earth renewed before the New Jerusalem is built? Just wondering, because nobody seems to know how that is possible for at least 250,000 years.