People have gone CRAZY ( temper tantrums)

Discuss political news items / current events.
Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

People have gone CRAZY ( temper tantrums)

Post by Bee Prepared »

An airline passenger stripped naked at the Charlotte Douglas International Airport after apparently becoming upset that his US Airways flight was overbooked.

WCNC TV of Charlotte says the man "stripped down to the buff right in front of everyone, including kids." He remained in the gate area for about 40 minutes until police led him away, the station reports.

USA TODAY

Sherry Ketchie, another passenger traveling through Charlotte at the time, snapped photos of the incident and posted them to Facebook.

Ketchie says the man was at a gate for a US Airways flight departing for Jamaica. She says she only became aware of the situation because of the commotion it caused, according to WBTV of Charlotte.

"I seen some people running and I was wondering what they was running from and people were standing there snickering, so I walked over and [an airport employee] told me the man was angry over the Jamaican flight," Ketchie says to WBTV.

"He had his clothes on, at that point, and then he started standing there with his arms crossed and hollering at the lady at the desk," she adds to the station. "He stood there for a moment and then started talking off his clothes. I ain't never seen nothing [like that] in my life."

Police at the airport told WCNC on Thursday that the man was off his medication and was "having an episode. " He was not arrested, according to police, who told WCNC that he was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that he is "getting the help he needs."

WarMonger
captain of 100

Re: People have gone CRAZY ( temper tantrums)

Post by WarMonger »

Bee Prepared wrote:" He was not arrested, according to police, who told WCNC that he was taken to a local hospital for treatment and that he is "getting the help he needs."
LOL it makes travelling more fun else it gets rather boring.
Why can't I get the help I need - perhaps I am beyond help - it took me a long time to figure that out.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

So, he wants to punish the airlines for their issues so he takes his clothes off? Makes sense to me.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Its definitely a little cheeky...hahaha

People get especially crazy on airplanes. Its a small world....hahaha

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

A little cheeky? And just how do you know how big his cheeks are?

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

Jezebel wrote:So, he wants to punish the airlines for their issues so he takes his clothes off? Makes sense to me.
Well, I'm sure (?) he thought the visual was pretty dang scary? :-\

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Jezebel wrote:A little cheeky? And just how do you know how big his cheeks are?
Just estimating! hahaha ( there are pictures if you wanna peek)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

A Random Phrase wrote:
Jezebel wrote:So, he wants to punish the airlines for their issues so he takes his clothes off? Makes sense to me.
Well, I'm sure (?) he thought the visual was pretty dang scary? :-\
It must have been!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Bee Prepared wrote:
Jezebel wrote:A little cheeky? And just how do you know how big his cheeks are?
Just estimating! hahaha ( there are pictures if you wanna peek)
:D

No, thanks. I'm sure he had good reason to believe taking his clothes off would be an effective protest . . .

Daryl
captain of 1,000

Post by Daryl »

Cousin, seriously? Cheeky? LOL!

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Daryl wrote:Cousin, seriously? Cheeky? LOL!
A little play on words! :))

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Bee Prepared wrote:
I think FFA is rubbing off on you. :-s

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

A Random Phrase wrote:
Bee Prepared wrote:
I wish some of his intellect and yours would rub off on me! I enjoy the knowledge I receive here but I also enjoy the friendship and fun. :D

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

FFA and I have had a great deal of fun on here. Our longest interaction (and a running joke between us now) is the sinkhole thread.

And it was HeirofNumenor and I who hijacked a thread by getting into a conversation about a series of movies. For the life of me, I don't remember which set. Fantasy. Anyway, he convinced me to watch them. I found all of them online and watched them all night. Jules got so frustrated at our highjack that she started a new thread for us and put a link to it on the thread we had highjacked.
Last edited by A Random Phrase on May 23rd, 2015, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

A Random Phrase wrote:FFA and I have had a great deal of fun on here. Our longest interaction (and a running joke between us now) is the sinkhole thread.

And I think it was Zkulptor (?) and I who hijacked a thread by getting into a conversation about a series of movies. For the life of me, I don't remember which set. Fantasy. Anyway, he convinced me to watch them. I found all of them online and watched them all night. Jules got so frustrated at our highjack that she started a new thread for us and put a link to it on the thread we had highjacked.
Haha! FFA is a lot of fun and you play into it, good times! That's funny that Jules started a new thread!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

I was wrong. It was HeirofNumenor (I'll fix my post so it will be correct). The movies were Lord of the Rings.

The innocent post that began the hijack.

Jules' first protest.

The thread Jules began for us.

The post where Jules gave us the link to the above thread.

Man, I must have too much time on my hands to go to all the trouble of making all those links when, most likely, no one is interested in them. :o)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

A Random Phrase wrote:I was wrong. It was HeirofNumenor (I'll fix my post so it will be correct). The movies were Lord of the Rings.

The innocent post that began the hijack.

Jules' first protest.

The thread Jules began for us.

The post where Jules gave us the link to the above thread.

Man, I must have too much time on my hands to go to all the trouble of making all those links when, most likely, no one is interested in them. :o)
I remember that. I remembered the movies, too. And a picture of two Legolas posted by Jules . . .

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
Bee Prepared wrote:
Aren't you missed? Back in your sinkhole! #-o

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:FFA and I have had a great deal of fun on here. Our longest interaction (and a running joke between us now) is the sinkhole thread.

And it was HeirofNumenor and I who hijacked a thread by getting into a conversation about a series of movies. For the life of me, I don't remember which set. Fantasy. Anyway, he convinced me to watch them. I found all of them online and watched them all night. Jules got so frustrated at our highjack that she started a new thread for us and put a link to it on the thread we had highjacked.
Hijacking threads is more fun than discussing the same things over and over every few months. When I first joined in 2010 I would search out topics to see if something had been said about what I was thinking, but not always. Sometimes I would repeat something from just a few months prior. That's when the thread needed to be hijacked. Being new I didn't like it much but eventually topics will arise over and over, so no big deal these days. It's the way with which it is hijacked that becomes problematic often. Some people come off like a locomotive...all loco and no motive. :D

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Jezebel wrote:I remember that. I remembered the movies, too. And a picture of two Legolas posted by Jules . . .
I thought it was quite enjoyable - the hijacking of the thread, that is. :ymdevil:

freedomforall wrote:Aren't you missed? Back in your sinkhole! #-o
I don't wanna back into my sinkhole. *whine* Besides, this lady already did.
Backing into a sinkhole.jpg
Backing into a sinkhole.jpg (76.83 KiB) Viewed 1414 times
Gary resident Elnora Washington's car fell into a sinkhole while she was backing her car up near the Manuel Memorial Funeral Home to park for a friend's service in Gary.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

freedomforall wrote:Hijacking threads is more fun than discussing the same things over and over every few months. When I first joined in 2010 I would search out topics to see if something had been said about what I was thinking, but not always. Sometimes I would repeat something from just a few months prior. That's when the thread needed to be hijacked. Being new I didn't like it much but eventually topics will arise over and over, so no big deal these days. It's the way with which it is hijacked that becomes problematic often. Some people come off like a locomotive...all loco and no motive. :D
Oh, gosh, yes! Same old, same old.

Some hijacks are fun or interesting. Others are just contentious.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
Jezebel wrote:I remember that. I remembered the movies, too. And a picture of two Legolas posted by Jules . . .
I thought it was quite enjoyable - the hijacking of the thread, that is. :ymdevil:

freedomforall wrote:Aren't you missed? Back in your sinkhole! #-o
I don't wanna back into my sinkhole. *whine* Besides, this lady already did.
Backing into a sinkhole.jpg
Gary resident Elnora Washington's car fell into a sinkhole while she was backing her car up near the Manuel Memorial Funeral Home to park for a friend's service in Gary.
Wow. Good thing she didn't end up vertical. Repairs should be minimal.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

A Random Phrase wrote:
freedomforall wrote:Hijacking threads is more fun than discussing the same things over and over every few months. When I first joined in 2010 I would search out topics to see if something had been said about what I was thinking, but not always. Sometimes I would repeat something from just a few months prior. That's when the thread needed to be hijacked. Being new I didn't like it much but eventually topics will arise over and over, so no big deal these days. It's the way with which it is hijacked that becomes problematic often. Some people come off like a locomotive...all loco and no motive. :D
Oh, gosh, yes! Same old, same old.

Some hijacks are fun or interesting. Others are just contentious.
Hinksole dwellers like us aren't so bad are we? We always have inner-earth to retreat to for retuperacion and new stragety planning.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

This is why i don't watch "COPS". Many of those crazy people they arrest don't go to jail, but get taken to the ED. More work for some poor ED doctor.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

davedan wrote:This is why i don't watch "COPS". Many of those crazy people they arrest don't go to jail, but get taken to the ED. More work for some poor ED doctor.
Not to mention the changes being forced on us here in America by government and bankers talking about world peace by using chaos as the catalyst. Having to be politically correct, taking away first amendment rights, kicking God out of everything, pushing the gay lifestyle, gay marriage as a normal way of life, open borders so just anyone can walk in and now, Jade Helm...what is it really? And the closely affiliated program called Agenda 21
http://www.cfact.org/2014/04/15/agenda- ... agenda-21/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But there is nothing to have a temper tantrum over, is there?

Ben Carson mentions how people become angry.