Romney to GOP Donors: Seriously Considering Run

Discuss political news items / current events.
Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Romney to GOP Donors: Seriously Considering Run

Post by Robert Sinclair »

I have met with his office and was told we need Senator Orrin Hatch on board as well to amend the tax code to allow the homes in America to be given into the hands of the poor without any tax penalties to the poor and needy. And to give a deduction to the giver rather than a gift tax penalty.

Maybe someone on Mitt Romney's team will allow me to give my ideas on helping to end poverty.

I many years ago drew up the boundaries of the City of Santa Clarita California and served as the area planning chairman and helped create the city that exists there today.

I have many ideas on how to help establish equity among the poor and needy of this nation.

Maybe I might just get the chance to help with this matter someday if someone lets him know.

I would like to definitely help eliminate poverty in America. ♡ :)

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

Mitt Romney lives in a telestial world, like the rest of us, and is therefore imperfect. Faults and mistakes are a part of the package. So is changing your mind as you mature about important issues. I don't call that flip-flopping. I call that growing up. As far as I know, he is a High Priest in the church, having been a Bishop and active member in good standing his entire life. He loves his wife and family, and he's intelligent and hard-working. In my opinion, if any man running is worthy of the benefit of the doubt and a crack at the Presidency, it's Mitt Romney. He holds the Melchizedek Priesthood. I venture to guess that he talks to Heavenly Father more often than Hillary Clinton does.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Also a past Stake President.
Matchmaker wrote: Mitt Romney lives in a telestial world, like the rest of us, and is therefore imperfect. Faults and mistakes are a part of the package. So is changing your mind as you mature about important issues. I don't call that flip-flopping. I call that growing up. As far as I know, he is a High Priest in the church, having been a Bishop and active member in good standing his entire life. He loves his wife and family, and he's intelligent and hard-working. In my opinion, if any man running is worthy of the benefit of the doubt and a crack at the Presidency, it's Mitt Romney. He holds the Melchizedek Priesthood. I venture to guess that he talks to Heavenly Father more often than Hillary Clinton does.

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

You guys need to meet more previous stake presidents and bishops. I am not very old, but have met several that I would not trust with my wallet, let alone as POTUS. Dirt bags abound inside and outside the church. Sometimes those awful ambitious dirt bags get promoted to positions of leadership.

Remember:
D&C 121 wrote:41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
It makes no difference to me that he held a priesthood office. He has not persuaded me that he is worthy of the position.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

I am sure all those pension holders that lost their entire pensions will need some strong persuasion as well.

I know it can be done with a sincere heart to atone and make amends for what could be known as heartless to those so affected by the loss of their pensions.

People can change.

Ephraim it is written at some point to say, "What have I to do anymore with idols?"

The pursuit of wealth as an idol can be turned from with knowledge and understanding and intelligence over time.

Is it not written God will remember his transgressions no more to him that turns from his iniquity and sins.

I will hope for this as well for all of us. ♡ :)

Ezra
captain of 1,000

Post by Ezra »

Steve Clark wrote:You guys need to meet more previous stake presidents and bishops. I am not very old, but have met several that I would not trust with my wallet, let alone as POTUS. Dirt bags abound inside and outside the church. Sometimes those awful ambitious dirt bags get promoted to positions of leadership.

Remember:
D&C 121 wrote:41 No power or influence can or ought to be maintained by virtue of the priesthood, only by persuasion, by long-suffering, by gentleness and meekness, and by love unfeigned;
It makes no difference to me that he held a priesthood office. He has not persuaded me that he is worthy of the position.

A good freind of mine was selling his business. The buyers were a current stake president and a current bishop. They talked my freind into doing an owner carry to buy his business.
They made a few payments took over the business's sold a bunch of business assets stopped making payments ran the business into the ground sold off as much as they could took the money and the women they were cheating on there wife's with and left town.

Seriously.

My freind has been picking up the prices ever since. He almost lost everything. But has once again made his business back into a successful one again. But he lost almost half a million to those crooks because he trusted them because of there positions in the church. The contract for sale was really simple and vege because they were supposed to be men of God who could be trusted.

Another freinds branch president just got released because he's being prosecuted for the misappropriation of school funds. He Did all the fanacial stuff for the local school And took over $100,000 from the school. Ya he was guilty.

Dosent matter what your position in the church is.

Romeny would be a good candidate if he would study and uphold the constitution as God intended. But his actions and fruits say a diffent story. Like romeny care/ now known as Obama care.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Truly a mighty change of heart filled with equality of equity and honesty is needed for the righteousness and justice and goodness like unto Melchizedek and Enoch and especially this one Jesus Christ. ♡ :)

Steve Clark
captain of 1,000

Post by Steve Clark »

Ezra wrote:
Steve Clark wrote:You guys need to meet more previous stake presidents and bishops. I am not very old, but have met several that I would not trust with my wallet, let alone as POTUS. Dirt bags abound inside and outside the church. Sometimes those awful ambitious dirt bags get promoted to positions of leadership.

Remember:

A good freind of mine was selling his business. The buyers were a current stake president and a current bishop. They talked my freind into doing an owner carry to buy his business.
They made a few payments took over the business's sold a bunch of business assets stopped making payments ran the business into the ground sold off as much as they could took the money and the women they were cheating on there wife's with and left town.

Seriously.

My freind has been picking up the prices ever since. He almost lost everything. But has once again made his business back into a successful one again. But he lost almost half a million to those crooks because he trusted them because of there positions in the church. The contract for sale was really simple and vege because they were supposed to be men of God who could be trusted.

Another freinds branch president just got released because he's being prosecuted for the misappropriation of school funds. He Did all the fanacial stuff for the local school And took over $100,000 from the school. Ya he was guilty.

Dosent matter what your position in the church is.

Romeny would be a good candidate if he would study and uphold the constitution as God intended. But his actions and fruits say a diffent story. Like romeny care/ now known as Obama care.
Good ol' affinity fraud - another thing where Utah is #1 in the nation. I know several people close to me who lost millions trusting the "priesthood holders."

jbalm
The Third Comforter

Post by jbalm »

Just settled a lawsuit against a current SP and a current mission president for fraud. Got back a little more than $6 million out of the $9 million they stole.

Dat mantle is a helluva drug!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

By these examples the scripture about knowing people by their fruits is profoundly evident. When we see bad fruit coming out of a church leader it's like a hot, sharp knife being driven into our flesh.
When we see fruits like honesty, humility and trust emanating from others, our heart sings.
But the most important thing to look for is where our own heart is, what are our fruits, what do others see in each of us? After all, we have fruits others pick up on as well. Church positions mattereth not. Being a true Saint does.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Bee Prepared wrote:Mitt Romney has become everyday as the favorite to beat Hillary.
You're dreaming.

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

lundbaek wrote:The American government was intended to promote the general welfare, not provide for the general welfare.
What's the difference?

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

Robert Sinclair wrote:Who has taught this people that the government of the United States of America should not help the poor and needy among us?
Someone told them it was Satan's plan and they fell in love with the idea and just can't seem to shake it now.
Robert Sinclair wrote:If it ceased to help all the stricken senior citizens and the poor and needy among us, millions would suffer.
Can't be helped. Since helping them would be Satan's plan, they can all just die and get it over with.
Robert Sinclair wrote:Mitt Romney has started out saying he wants to help end poverty In this nation.
Mitt Romney has said a lot of things.
Robert Sinclair wrote:Did not Melchizedek run the government of his day and Enoch also in his? They would never say our government we have set up shall not help the poor for that is not its job.
But they didn't have the Constitution -- you know, the Constitution that these people think tells us to turn our backs on the the poor.

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

When I read the Constitution of the United States of America I do not see a call to not care for the poor and needy among us, but in my heart the words "establish justice" "insure domestic tranquility" "promote the general welfare" "secure the blessings of liberty" from doing my book report on the words of Jesus Christ mean exactly to care for the poor and needy among us, being equal in temporal things and this not grudgingly.

And especially of the words written to establish equity and not pervert it or fight against it. ♡ :)

How do others view the words of God given to his beloved son Jesus Christ to treat one another in justice?

Was not the hand of God upon this constitution?

I would hope better of these people chosen by God. ♡ :)

Except when they must fullfill his words written that they shall go a whoring away from this law given unto them, that they must do in order to fullfill the Scriptures written.

But I do love the Scriptures written that say Ephraim shall finally say, "What have I to do anymore with idols?" And then after acknowledging their offence, return to keep the law of God.

Yes, and then as a minimum follow in the footsteps of Melchizedek and Enoch and especially this one Jesus Christ. ♡ :)

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

KMCopeland wrote:
lundbaek wrote:The American government was intended to promote the general welfare, not provide for the general welfare.
What's the difference?
PROMOTE, to see to it that all the states look out for the citizens, their well being, safety and sovereignty by having a military force that can go up against any foreign enemy seeking to cause us harm.

The only way a government can PROVIDE necessary welfare and well being is to take money from the people called plunder and cause the people to be subservient to them because they are so nice and give the needs and wants of the people to them.

An example of this is here:

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

Where is it written down in the Constitution to plunder?

I see it asking in the spirit of goodwill and peace that the people vote for taxes upon themselves to provide these services by a majority vote of common consent among the people for the benefit of the people.

The one thing that may certainly be getting out of control is huge salary and pensions with almost the sky is the limit rather than setting a maximum salary and pension along side of a federally mandated minimum wage. That way you could have your minimum wage and a maximum wage for public servants. But who knows this may happen in the future. ♡ :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

People can see true behavior or the fruits of one's own behavior. If Mitt Romney wants to serve this Nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice and inheritances for all, as God intended, he will dilligently seek to see that the "Ordinances of Justice" are established in the land, where rentals to the poor are changed to inheritances for the poor through wise and noble equity administration from each an any payments made. The past housing regulations which provided not even one single penny of equity, even after rental payments for ones entire life will be changed, to give equity continually until inheritances are achieved, in this land of justice and liberty for all. ♡ :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

He can start by meeting with Senator Orrin Hatch and Senator Ron Wyden to discuss ways to amend the tax code to allow the poor to receive inheritances without any tax penalties and for the wealthy that would like to give of their own freewill, rather than penalize them give them a deduction so they may have funds to go and use this talent again to give even more. ♡ :)

Robert Sinclair
Level 34 Illuminated

This will start helping eliminate poverty as is his stated desire. ♡ :)

KMCopeland
captain of 1,000

Post by KMCopeland »

freedomforall wrote:
KMCopeland wrote:
What's the difference?
PROMOTE, to see to it that all the states look out for the citizens, their well being, safety and sovereignty by having a military force that can go up against any foreign enemy seeking to cause us harm.
The military is handled elsewhere in the constitution. "Promote the general welfare" probably isn't talking about military protection.
freedomforall wrote:The only way a government can PROVIDE necessary welfare and well being is to take money from the people called plunder and cause the people to be subservient to them because they are so nice and give the needs and wants of the people to them.
That's actually not the only way. Think big. Think out of the box. You'll be amazed.

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

KMCopeland wrote:
Bee Prepared wrote:Mitt Romney has become everyday as the favorite to beat Hillary.
You're dreaming.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

KMCopeland wrote:
freedomforall wrote:
What's the difference?
The military is handled elsewhere in the constitution. "Promote the general welfare" probably isn't talking about military protection.
freedomforall wrote:The only way a government can PROVIDE necessary welfare and well being is to take money from the people called plunder and cause the people to be subservient to them because they are so nice and give the needs and wants of the people to them.
Freedomforall does think big and does strive to do his very best. That's why his box is much larger than yours! There's a lot more information to choose from. :-B
He not only casts his views, he also provides sources, whereas the apparent best you have done is cast snide remarks in his direction and so many others on this forum. (Want proof of this?) He and others are wondering when you'll pull your head out of the sand and look around. You'll be amazed!

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

FREEDOMFORALL, My box can sting your box!

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Bee Prepared wrote:FREEDOMFORALL, My box can sting your box!

But mine has a large ray in it...a STINGray. @-)

A couple of years ago I was at one of our local parks, and at one point, all of a sudden I felt a series of stings on the back of my neck. You and your friends must have gotten aggravated and came after me for some reason. I must have been stung ten to twelve times before I could get out and away from those pesky bees. Should have seen how fast this big guy moved. I even surprised myself. :)) :)) I'm thankful I am not allergic to bee venom or whatever it is called. I do know that that part is the last thing that goes through the mind of a bee upon hitting a windshield at fifty miles and hour. :D

Bee Prepared
captain of 1,000

Post by Bee Prepared »

Sting Ray as in Steve Irwin? Crickey!!