What we might expect in the next 25 years - W. Cleon Skousen

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Re: What we might expect in the next 25 years - W. Cleon Sko

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Their nationality or race is irrelevant. Whoever they are they will be Authorized Prophets and Apostles and members of the Lords church who have been baptized, confirmed and endowed.

To have power to call fire down from heaven you must have the same power and authority as Elijah had.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

7cylon7 wrote:I would not be surprised if the two Apostles were sent. It makes perfect sense. Of course they will need some aids to help them. Would you volunteer to go with them as their aid?

I would.
Well volunteered. You'd better start preparing to die now. No skeletons in the closet if you know what I mean. :ymapplause:

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

LukeAir2008 wrote:Their nationality or race is irrelevant. Whoever they are they will be Authorized Prophets and Apostles and members of the Lords church who have been baptized, confirmed and endowed.

To have power to call fire down from heaven you must have the same power and authority as Elijah had.
Other than your logic on this do you have any references for this? I am not aware of anything.

If your logic is correct, do you think miracles can only be performed by people who hold the priesthood?

PunaGabe
captain of 100

Post by PunaGabe »

Right on ryanjenny1997 you nailed it.Nice :ymapplause:

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:
LukeAir2008 wrote:Their nationality or race is irrelevant. Whoever they are they will be Authorized Prophets and Apostles and members of the Lords church who have been baptized, confirmed and endowed.

Other than your logic on this do you have any references for this? I am not aware of anything.

If your logic is correct, do you think miracles can only be performed by people who hold the priesthood?
http://institute.lds.org/manuals/old-te ... r-ez-I.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John the Revelator gave the most detailed picture of these two participants. They are called the “two witnesses,” the “two olive trees” and the “two candlesticks” ( Revelation 11:3–4 ). Latter-day revelation teaches that they are “two prophets . . . raised up to the Jewish nation” who will “prophesy to [them] after they are gathered and have built . . . Jerusalem” ( D&C 77:15 ).

Elder Bruce R. McConkie wrote:

“These two shall be followers of that humble man, Joseph Smith, through whom the Lord of Heaven restored the fulness of his everlasting gospel in this final dispensation of grace. No doubt they will be members of the Council of the Twelve or of the First Presidency of the Church. Their prophetic ministry to rebellious Jewry shall be the same in length as was our Lord’s personal ministry among their rebellious forebears.

“The two olive trees, and the two candlesticks [are] symbols of the two witnesses; meaning, perhaps, that as olive trees, they shall provide oil for the lamps of those who go forth to meet the Bridegroom; . . . and that as lamp stands they shall reflect to men that light which comes from Him who is the Light of the World.” ( Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:509–10.)

These prophets will have power to pronounce great judgments upon the earth (see Revelation 11:5–6 ).

“They shall have power like Elijah who called down fire from heaven to consume his enemies, and who sealed the heavens that it rained not in all Israel for the space of three and a half years ( 1 Kings 17 and 18 ; 2 Kings 1 ), and like Moses by whose word blood and plagues lay heavily upon the Egyptians. ( Ex. 7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 .)” (McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:510.)

Their miraculous power seems to be the force preventing Gog and his army from succeeding in annihilating Israel. Elder Parley P. Pratt wrote: “John, in the eleventh chapter of Revelation , gives us many more particulars concerning this same event. He informs us that after the city and temple are rebuilt by the Jews, the Gentiles will tread it under foot forty and two months, during which time there will be two prophets continually prophesying and working mighty miracles. And it seems that the Gentile army shall be hindered from utterly destroying and overthrowing the city, while these two prophets continue.” ( A Voice of Warning, p. 33.)

Isaiah called these prophets “two sons” and said they were the only hope of deliverance for Israel because they would be “full of the fury of the Lord” (JST, Isaiah 51:19–20 ; see also JST, Isaiah 51:17–18 ). (Old Testament Student Manual, Enrichment I)

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

LukeAir2008 wrote:
Lamoni'sBFF wrote:

http://institute.lds.org/manuals/old-te ... r-ez-I.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
John the Revelator gave the most detailed picture of these two participants. They are called the “two witnesses,” the “two olive trees” and the “two candlesticks” ( Revelation 11:3–4 ). Latter-day revelation teaches that they are “two prophets . . . raised up to the Jewish nation” who will “prophesy to [them] after they are gathered and have built . . . Jerusalem” ( D&C 77:15 ).

Elder Bruce R. McConkie wrote:

“These two shall be followers of that humble man, Joseph Smith, through whom the Lord of Heaven restored the fulness of his everlasting gospel in this final dispensation of grace. No doubt they will be members of the Council of the Twelve or of the First Presidency of the Church. Their prophetic ministry to rebellious Jewry shall be the same in length as was our Lord’s personal ministry among their rebellious forebears.

“The two olive trees, and the two candlesticks [are] symbols of the two witnesses; meaning, perhaps, that as olive trees, they shall provide oil for the lamps of those who go forth to meet the Bridegroom; . . . and that as lamp stands they shall reflect to men that light which comes from Him who is the Light of the World.” ( Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:509–10.)

These prophets will have power to pronounce great judgments upon the earth (see Revelation 11:5–6 ).

“They shall have power like Elijah who called down fire from heaven to consume his enemies, and who sealed the heavens that it rained not in all Israel for the space of three and a half years ( 1 Kings 17 and 18 ; 2 Kings 1 ), and like Moses by whose word blood and plagues lay heavily upon the Egyptians. ( Ex. 7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 .)” (McConkie, Doctrinal New Testament Commentary, 3:510.)

Their miraculous power seems to be the force preventing Gog and his army from succeeding in annihilating Israel. Elder Parley P. Pratt wrote: “John, in the eleventh chapter of Revelation , gives us many more particulars concerning this same event. He informs us that after the city and temple are rebuilt by the Jews, the Gentiles will tread it under foot forty and two months, during which time there will be two prophets continually prophesying and working mighty miracles. And it seems that the Gentile army shall be hindered from utterly destroying and overthrowing the city, while these two prophets continue.” ( A Voice of Warning, p. 33.)

Isaiah called these prophets “two sons” and said they were the only hope of deliverance for Israel because they would be “full of the fury of the Lord” (JST, Isaiah 51:19–20 ; see also JST, Isaiah 51:17–18 ). (Old Testament Student Manual, Enrichment I)
Thanks for supplying that. I don't always agree w/ BRM on everything, but I can't say nobody said that anymore.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:Thanks for supplying that. I don't always agree w/ BRM on everything, but I can't say nobody said that anymore.
I don't think BRM always got it right but I think this one is probably a no brainer.

Im curious as to how you think God will raise up two Prophets who arent any of the Fifteen Prophets, Seers and Revelators or even members of the Lord's Church.

Lamoni'sBFF
captain of 100

Post by Lamoni'sBFF »

LukeAir2008 wrote:
Lamoni'sBFF wrote:Thanks for supplying that. I don't always agree w/ BRM on everything, but I can't say nobody said that anymore.
I don't think BRM always got it right but I think this one is probably a no brainer.

Im curious as to how you think God will raise up two Prophets who arent any of the Fifteen Prophets, Seers and Revelators or even members of the Lord's Church.
To me it seems more likely that God will raise up two Jews from within his other chosen people to help them be the great nation they are to be rather than having them all follow two LDS apostles. With the way the Lord usually does things, the former seems more in line than the latter. Also, this is the time that the Americas are sealed off I believe.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

Lamoni'sBFF wrote:
LukeAir2008 wrote:

To me it seems more likely that God will raise up two Jews from within his other chosen people to help them be the great nation they are to be rather than having them all follow two LDS apostles. With the way the Lord usually does things, the former seems more in line than the latter. Also, this is the time that the Americas are sealed off I believe.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility that the two prophets would be born and raised in Jerusalem. Obviously they would be ordained from on high, so I have also assumed that if they weren't part of the quorum of twelve or first presidency that they would still hold the priesthood, possibly ordained as Joseph Smith was...via angelic messengers. Or perhaps by the current living prophet. Then again, maybe BRM is right. I wonder if we will even know about their ministry when it happens. If we are cut off, we may not know of them...except perhaps if revealed to our leaders here in America.

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

We have to remember that the gospel will be taken to the Jews after the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled and also the Ten Tribes will come forth from their hiding place to receive their blessings at the hands of Ephriam and from each of the 12 tribes 12000 missionaries will be chosen to go out into the world to proclaim the gospel one last time.

The future will be very different from what most people imagine...

Seth
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Seth »

Some of you have been wondering if calamities such as the moon turning to blood and the sun turning to darkness have occurred or not. I came across this conference talk recently by Pres. Hinckley that he gave in October 2001 and thought I would share: "The vision of Joel has been fulfilled wherein he declared:

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

“And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

“And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call” (Joel 2:28–32).

What do you think?

Seth
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Seth »

I forgot to post the link: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2 ... s?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sonofliberty
captain of 100

Post by sonofliberty »

guthrie wrote:I forgot to post the link: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2 ... s?lang=eng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for sharing guthrie!

David Cassani
captain of 10

Re: What we might expect in the next 25 years - W. Cleon Skousen

Post by David Cassani »

This work started to come to me in the year 2000 in a powerful way, yet back on my mission to Washington DC, I had received earlier witnesses and I was told of a worldwide work of a man whose name is like the "House of David" to help people return to the simple ways of life (and God) . After 3 days of being taught by the spirit in 2000, I learned of how the work of Elijah connects with our health and a work to feed nations, and beginning neighborhood Councils of 50 for local economies and neighborhood living food production. Please take time to read the economic model given to me and My STORY completely before you comment. This has been unfolding many years line upon line, and talks of layers of meaning of the Living Constitution and local health centers Brother Skousen sometimes refers to. My regards David Cassani (Cassani means House builder or House of David) http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

David Cassani wrote:This work started to come to me in the year 2000 in a powerful way, yet back on my mission to Washington DC, I had received earlier witnesses and I was told of a worldwide work of a man whose name is like the "House of David" to help people return to the simple ways of life (and God) . After 3 days of being taught by the spirit in 2000, I learned of how the work of Elijah connects with our health and a work to feed nations, and beginning neighborhood Councils of 50 for local economies and neighborhood living food production. Please take time to read the economic model given to me and My STORY completely before you comment. This has been unfolding many years line upon line, and talks of layers of meaning of the Living Constitution and local health centers Brother Skousen sometimes refers to. My regards David Cassani (Cassani means House builder or House of David) http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So you say you are the Davidic Servant of the last days? I skimmed over your website. Not feeling the spirit witness to me that I need to do anything listed on the site. Where are the 2 preferably 3 witnesses that will establish what you say?

Eulate
captain of 100

Post by Eulate »

At this point now we could talk about the next 10 years or less because it seems like the half an hour of silence is happening in 2020 or 2021. I can't wait to begin the countdown. Especially the Millennium. No more evil.

justme
captain of 1,000

Post by justme »

Eulate wrote: July 7th, 2019, 10:36 am At this point now we could talk about the next 10 years or less because it seems like the half an hour of silence is happening in 2020 or 2021. I can't wait to begin the countdown. Especially the Millennium. No more evil.
What will your grandkids think 50 or more years from now if they have a way to read these old posts?

Davka
captain of 1,000

Post by Davka »

justme wrote: July 7th, 2019, 10:50 am
Eulate wrote: July 7th, 2019, 10:36 am At this point now we could talk about the next 10 years or less because it seems like the half an hour of silence is happening in 2020 or 2021. I can't wait to begin the countdown. Especially the Millennium. No more evil.
What will your grandkids think 50 or more years from now if they have a way to read these old posts?
Hopefully they will recognize that they are 50 years closer and that the chances of *them* being the prophesied generation is even higher, and therefore the necessity of them being righteous and prepared even greater.

But really, with the way things are in the world today, can you really imagine anyone’s testimony surviving in a world in 50 years? Or someone being able to maintain the standards of the gospel when, at that point, they will be so starkly incompatible with the world’s? It seems to me that it will impossible to commingle with the world as a Saint...which is why we NEED a Zion separate from the world ASAP.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

I don’t know. What do you think?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Interesting idea, just need to review exact wording. :P

“About” half an hour, spoken by someone well versed in sundial. :)

Please recalculate using 22.5 to 37.5 minutes :?:

No worries though, 7yrs prosperity required plenty tweaking too. Image

XEmilyX
captain of 1,000

Post by XEmilyX »

Link doesn't work. :(

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

XEmilyX wrote: July 7th, 2019, 4:31 pm Link doesn't work. :(
What link?

Zowieink
captain of 100

Post by Zowieink »

From a comment made on the first page concerning the temple in New Jerusalem: the plans for that temple (comprised of 12 temples, one for each tribe of Israel) have been in existence since the early 70's or maybe earlier. From time to time it is updated to new standards and materials. The First Presidency (Spencer W. Kimble, Marion G. Romney, and N. Eldon Tanner) took the time to meet with an Architecture student (last name of Bullwinkle) concerning that temple (he was doing his master's thesis on the subject). His interview was to take 30 minutes, but ended up taking almost 3 hours and a trip to the archives to look at the actual plans. He said they discussed many things about timelines in that meeting. Fast forward. Many of the infrastructure stuff, underground, telecommunications, water, sewer, etc. have been purchased by the Church with Hartman Rector coordinating. Br. Bullwinkle and I served as temple workers together and the information about Hartman Rector was given in stake conference about 2002 in the Mesa, AZ Mountain View fall stake conference.

I AM
captain of 1,000

Post by I AM »

---------------
just won't happen friend.
you gotta go by your scriptures.

Please do me a favor and read this below, and tell
me why the Lord's second coming won't be within the next
10 years or sooner.
Starting with this covenant "peace agreement"
which will start the 7 year tribulation period and count down to
Christ's return.

https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.p ... on#p940718

and there's something even more to add to this
that I think could be just a little more than a coincidence.
"silence in heaven about the space of half an hour"
that also ends in the year 2020.

I don't have all my notes on hand right now and put together but this is some of it.
when -

1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
Revelation 8

We know by our scriptures that 1 day is equal to 1,000 years.
That would mean that "half an hour" is equal to 20.8 years.
The opening of the seventh seal,
(representing the last 1000 years of the earth's history)
and the half hour of silence in heaven commenced in the year 2000 AD .
So the "silence", (half an hour) will end in the year 2020 or 2021, which is right in the middle of the
3 1/2 + 3 1/2 = 7 year tribulation period.
And in the middle of this 7 years, is the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet"
starting the last 3 1/2 years, and is referred to by Jesus as “the great tribulation”..

*** please see below - (the 7 year tribulation period and abomination of desolation)

"Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened."
Matthew 24:15-22

Notice that Jesus says that when you see this happen, there will be great tribulation, such as has never been seen before and will never be seen again.
This is why we refer to the last half of the seven-year tribulation
as “the great tribulation”.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*** the 7 year tribulation period and abomination of desolation
https://jesus4evers.blogspot.com/2018/0 ... -when.html

Have you ever heard of the "abomination of desolation"
which will occur halfway through the tribulation and is also known
as "The Great Tribulation" -
the last half of the tribulation and is 3 ½ years in length
before the return of Jesus Christ.

The 7 year tribulations, and countdown to the coming of Christ will begin with the peace agreement with Israel,
which is either been already signed by the pope, or will be by Trump or someone else soon.
And in the middle of that, after 3 1/2 years will be the "abomination of desolation".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final 7 years: How we can know when the tribulation has begun

God has given mankind thousands of years to prove that we just aren’t capable of ruling ourselves. When a nation has a good ruler, things tend to go well for that nation but when it has a bad ruler, the nation suffers.

You and I are living in the last days of man’s rule on the earth right now. We are at the end of the church age and living on the precipice just before Christ returns to the earth to put down the kingdoms of men and rule the world. Things might seem bad now, and they are, but the Bible warns that before Jesus returns to the earth, things are going to get much worse. In fact, most of the prophecies that haven’t yet been fulfilled will be fulfilled during the final seven years just before Christ’s return. This final seven years is referred to as the tribulation and also as the seventieth week of Daniel.

Unlocking the tribulation timeline

To understand the end time prophecies, it’s helpful to look at the book of Daniel and the book of Revelation together. For example, because of Daniel’s writings, we know that the tribulation period (which is the period of time just before Christ returns to the earth) will be exactly seven years.

He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him.
Daniel 9:27

Daniel’s prophecy tells us that the Antichrist will confirm a covenant (peace agreement) with many nations that will be effective for a period of one seven.
By connecting this verse to other scripture in the Bible, we know that this is referring to a period of seven years.
I’ll go into detail about how we know that a bit later in this message.

The focus of the peace agreement will be Israel. When we see this peace agreement take place, we will know that the countdown of the final seven years, known as the tribulation, has begun.

If you remember nothing else from this message, remember that this peace agreement is the single event that starts the seven year countdown to Christ’s return to the earth.

Daniel 9:27 also tells us that, in the middle of the final seven years, the Antichrist will set up an abomination in the temple that will cause the temple to become desolate until the Lord returns. He’s referring to the Jewish temple that will be built on the temple mount, most likely during the first half of the tribulation after the peace agreement has been made.

The Jews have been making preparations for rebuilding the temple for years. They already have a blueprint for rebuilding the temple on the original foundation on the temple mount where the last two Jewish temples stood. They’ve also created all the items needed to reinstate temple worship and animal sacrifices, which haven’t occurred since the second temple was destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. We know that animal sacrifices will resume in Israel because Daniel 8:11-12Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) and Daniel 11:31Open in Logos Bible Software (if available) tells us that the Antichrist will put an end to them.

Jesus himself referred to Daniel’s prophecy and gave a specific warning to the Jews living in Judea (a region within Israel) who would see this prophecy come to pass.

Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
Matthew 24:15-22

Notice that Jesus says that when you see this happen, there will be great tribulation, such as has never been seen before and will never be seen again.
This is why we refer to the last half of the seven-year tribulation as “the great tribulation”.

How we know that the tribulation is exactly seven years

After the Antichrist desecrates the Jewish temple, he will go on a rampage, persecuting the saints (those who have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior).

He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.
Daniel 7:25

How can we know what Daniel meant by “time and times and half a time”? How much time is that, exactly? The book of Revelation unlocks the answer for us.

Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
Revelation 12:6

Unlike the Gregorian calendar that most of the world is on today, scripture is based on the Hebrew calendar which consists of 360 days per year. So, 1,260 days divided by 360 equals 3.5 or 3 1/2 years to the very day.

Another passage in Revelation refers to this period of time as 42 months which is also exactly three and a half years.

And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.
Revelation 13:5

By knowing that the abomination of desolation will occur halfway through the tribulation and also knowing that the last half of the tribulation is 3 ½ years in length, we know that the period of time referenced in Daniel 9:27 is seven years.

Here are the key things to remember:

The tribulation will last for seven years and begins when the Antichrist confirms
a covenant (peace agreement) with many nations.
In the middle of the seven years, the Antichrist will set up an abomination that desecrates the temple in Jerusalem and he will put an end to animal sacrifices.
The Lord will return to the earth (Matthew 24:29–30

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALARM! DANIEL'S PROPHETIC COVENANT WITH MANY BEFORE THE THIRD TEMPLE BY KIMBERLY!
Elijah & Moses
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKRgOKfPGTE

ALARM! A DAVIDIC KING HAS BEEN ANOINTED TO REESTABLISH THE DAVIDIC DYNASTY & 3RD TEMPLE OWNERSHIP &
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5V2cc6uius

Eulate
captain of 100

Post by Eulate »

Soon we'll see how accurate was Cleon Skousen.