The Nephilims

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Nephilims

Post by nightlight »

It's funny to me how LDS people have such a hard time on subject of giants. Everybody always try to twist the scriptures when it clearly states what it states. Read The Book of Enoch taken out of the Bible by evil men. Pre-flood Earth was a different place than it is today

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

My reading of the pre-Flood account suggests that Eugenics was being practiced on a major scale. Humans were 'breeding' a super race.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

No I am not discounting that, there is a lot of explanation in Hugh Nibleys Enoch the Prophet pgs. 178-181 According to these traditions, these were none other than special heavenly messengers were sent down to Earth to restore respect for the name of God among the degenerate human race but instead yielded to temptation , misbehaved with the daughters of men , and ended up instructing and abetting their human charges and all manner of iniquity . They are variously designated as the watchers, fallen Angels, Sons of God , Nephilim, or Rephaim, and are sometimes confused with their offspring, the Giants. Other candidates for this dubious honor have been suggested by various scholars, the trouble being that more than one category of beings qualify as falling Angels and spectacular sinners before the time of the flood. The Bible uses the title sons of God were they different from the watchers of tradition ? The next two pages go into a lot more detail about the fallen. Noah was even taken before his grandfather Methusaleh to see if he was one of these spectacular children pgs. 25 I would quote the other pages but it is to long and you might enjoy reading it yourself. Lots of interesting material. I think the challenge is in the different categories of beings.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"Man finds Nephilim giants in Utah--knows where more are"

Post by sushi_chef »

sushi_s hunches are he is talking real things. not fakerish at all.

codex vatican giants
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... n%20giants

jaredites giants olmec
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... ts%20olmec
:-B

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Genetic and anthropology demonstrate that humans and Neanderthal mixed. But only human males mixed with Neanderthal female because there is a Neanderthal/Human-Y incompatibility.

Human men sought to mate with Neanderthal females to enslave the offspring. (same reason Nephites practiced polygamy: More children = More worker = More money). Neanderthal themselves were not smart enough to teach to mine or weave baskets, etc.

The problem with the Cro-magnon hybrids is that they were too smart, and ferocious and could have hunted man to and many animal species to extinction. Mankind was saved by the flood.

Any surviving Giants after the flood were easily killed off because of lower atmospheric oxygen levels making giants (and larger animals) slow and lethargic.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/20 ... nderthals/

Today's genetic experimentation involving non-random genetic selection/picking genes (disrupt Hardy-Weinberg genetic equilibrium) will produce greater genetic phenotypic variability but less overall genetic genotypic variability and thus less overall genetic fitness. Humans will be domesticated. And like the dog cannot stand up to the fitness of the wolf, man will allow him children/grandchildren to be genetically enslaved-- "worlds without end".

Nephalim are not angel/human hybrids or alien/human hybrids.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

davedan wrote: May 21st, 2017, 2:44 am Nephalim are not angel/human hybrids or alien/human hybrids.
Kinda have to agree on that one.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

davedan wrote: May 21st, 2017, 2:44 am Genetic and anthropology demonstrate that humans and Neanderthal mixed. But only human males mixed with Neanderthal female because there is a Neanderthal/Human-Y incompatibility.

Human men sought to mate with Neanderthal females to enslave the offspring. (same reason Nephites practiced polygamy: More children = More worker = More money). Neanderthal themselves were not smart enough to teach to mine or weave baskets, etc.

The problem with the Cro-magnon hybrids is that they were too smart, and ferocious and could have hunted man to and many animal species to extinction. Mankind was saved by the flood.

Any surviving Giants after the flood were easily killed off because of lower atmospheric oxygen levels making giants (and larger animals) slow and lethargic.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/20 ... nderthals/

Today's genetic experimentation involving non-random genetic selection/picking genes (disrupt Hardy-Weinberg genetic equilibrium) will produce greater genetic phenotypic variability but less overall genetic genotypic variability and thus less overall genetic fitness. Humans will be domesticated. And like the dog cannot stand up to the fitness of the wolf, man will allow him children/grandchildren to be genetically enslaved-- "worlds without end".

Nephalim are not angel/human hybrids or alien/human hybrids.
Really??? Lol , and you know this how Mr. Scientist??? You would aslo tell me man has been walking this planet for hundreds of thousands of years and not six thousand years like the Bible States. Are you that kind of modern Christian who picks and chooses what they like in Biblical history and what the world thinks? The Bible states they are angel / human hybrid I think I'll go with the Bible's history instead of modern science view of our past which is a joke. Keep trying to understand things with your arm of Flesh see where it gets you.
Goliath was easily killed cuz he was slow and lethargic oh wait nevermind he's was just a big guy nothing special about him I mean not taking into account that David was weapons master also a big guy himself but that story is nothing just Jewish folklore lol

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Re: The Nephilims "White Giants Are Part Of Many Native American Legends"

Post by sushi_chef »

"
Several legends of giant white men exist throughout Native American culture, including the northern tribe of Comanche and southern Mantenos. In "History of the Choctaw Indians, Chickasaw and Natchez" (1899), Horatio Bardwell Cushman writes: "The tradition of the Choctaw that has long been a race of giants inhabited what is now the State of Tennessee, beings with which their ancestors fought when migrated from the west. It's tradition states that Nahullo had an impressive stature. "The "Nahullo", according to Cushman, was a common term for white settlers within the United States, but its original derivation was referring to white giants.
"
http://www.disclose.tv/news/the_ancient ... ans/130648
:-B

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:27 am You would aslo tell me man has been walking this planet for hundreds of thousands of years and not six thousand years like the Bible States. Are you that kind of modern Christian who picks and chooses what they like in Biblical history and what the world thinks? The Bible states they are angel / human hybrid I think I'll go with the Bible's history instead of modern science view of our past which is a joke. Keep trying to understand things with your arm of Flesh see where it gets you.
I ALSO believe man has only been walking around for 6000 years on the Earth. Neanderthal have been walking around much longer. But, at some point before the Flood, man and Neanderthal mixed. Scientific analysis demonstrates this and also explains why the Bible says only the Human male and the Neanderthal females mixed due to the Y incompatibility. However, I Do think that scientific dating is problematic in many areas.

I do NOT believe Nephalim have anything to do with angel/human or alien/human hybrids.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:27 am .. six thousand years like the Bible States.
Where does it state this?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Older/wiser? wrote: May 20th, 2017, 6:29 pm No I am not discounting that, there is a lot of explanation in Hugh Nibleys Enoch the Prophet pgs. 178-181 According to these traditions, these were none other than special heavenly messengers were sent down to Earth to restore respect for the name of God among the degenerate human race but instead yielded to temptation , misbehaved with the daughters of men , and ended up instructing and abetting their human charges and all manner of iniquity . They are variously designated as the watchers, fallen Angels, Sons of God, Nephilim, or Rephaim, and are sometimes confused with their offspring, the Giants. Other candidates for this dubious honor have been suggested by various scholars, the trouble being that more than one category of beings qualify as falling Angels and spectacular sinners before the time of the flood. The Bible uses the title sons of God were they different from the watchers of tradition ? The next two pages go into a lot more detail about the fallen. Noah was even taken before his grandfather Methusaleh to see if he was one of these spectacular children pgs. 25 I would quote the other pages but it is to long and you might enjoy reading it yourself. Lots of interesting material. I think the challenge is in the different categories of beings.
So these are Prometheus-type myths?

There are three types of angels: spirits, resurrected, and translated. All angels related to this earth, have been/ will be on this earth. So that means if they were having children, it could only be translated people (not spirits, not resurrected). Which means that after Zion was taken, translated people came back to earth and did it. Is any of that in there? Hmm...

So we have aliens, but... what to make of that?

We have Cro-Magnon (incredibly ugly) hybrids, so we need a flood to save mankind? Doesn't make sense to me.
Giants, to me, mean giants. Those bones show very large giants, and I don't see Cro-Magnon in them.

To me it seems like genetic engineering using forbidden knowledge and hidden power. But, that's an opinion... So who did it--fallen angels, or men with the priesthood who turned to Satan (sons of perdition)?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

DesertWonderer wrote: May 30th, 2017, 11:13 am
NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:27 am .. six thousand years like the Bible States.
Where does it state this?
D&C 77

6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals?
A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.

7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

From Adam to Christ 4000 years plus 2000years since the Savior s death/Resurrection. And a bunch of other places, This is basic stuff. I read through some of your past post and I highly doubt you don't already know this...

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

davedan wrote: May 30th, 2017, 12:25 am
NIGHTLIGHT wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:27 am You would aslo tell me man has been walking this planet for hundreds of thousands of years and not six thousand years like the Bible States. Are you that kind of modern Christian who picks and chooses what they like in Biblical history and what the world thinks? The Bible states they are angel / human hybrid I think I'll go with the Bible's history instead of modern science view of our past which is a joke. Keep trying to understand things with your arm of Flesh see where it gets you.
I ALSO believe man has only been walking around for 6000 years on the Earth. Neanderthal have been walking around much longer. But, at some point before the Flood, man and Neanderthal mixed. Scientific analysis demonstrates this and also explains why the Bible says only the Human male and the Neanderthal females mixed due to the Y incompatibility. However, I Do think that scientific dating is problematic in many areas.

I do NOT believe Nephalim have anything to do with angel/human or alien/human hybrids.
Sorry, I jumped tge gun and prejudged u from your post, my bad. Agree to disagree

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

davedan wrote: May 30th, 2017, 12:25 am

I've come to believe Neanderthals came after the creation of man... What makes you think they were before?

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Neanderthal would be considered a kind of animal. One of the four beasts (individuals also representing classes) surrounding the throne of God had the face of a man but was a beast. Animals were created before Adam.

Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

D&C 77:3 Q. Are the four beasts limited to individual beasts, or do they represent classes or orders?A. They are limited to four individual beasts, which were shown to John, to represent the glory of the classes of beings in their destined order or sphere of creation, in the enjoyment of their eternal felicity.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

davedan wrote: May 31st, 2017, 3:00 pm Neanderthal would be considered a kind of animal. One of the four beasts (individuals also representing classes) surrounding the throne of God had the face of a man but was a beast. Animals were created before Adam.

Rev 4:7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

D&C 77:3 Q. Are the four beasts limited to individual beasts, or do they represent classes or orders?A. They are limited to four individual beasts, which were shown to John, to represent the glory of the classes of beings in their destined order or sphere of creation, in the enjoyment of their eternal felicity.
[/qu

Maybe