The Nephilims

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Truth will Prevail
captain of 100

The Nephilims

Post by Truth will Prevail »

What do people know of "The Nephilims" or Giants in the Old Testament. GENESIS CHAPTER 6

Who are these "Sons of God"

Some Youtube clips here.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tI8q8xTSoXk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4jdrPG0 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPA6-U8z ... re=related

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Nephilims

Post by buffalo_girl »

If you look in the footnotes of the LDS edition of the King James Bible for Genesis 6:2, reference (a) for sons of God, it says:

2a TG Sons and Daughters of God

Female persons were not given as much distinction in the translation.

Who knows where giants come from or even if there were 30 foot giants. Until they start showing up as living beings it probably isn't worth too much speculation. Even when and if they start showing up as living beings I have to be suspect of their origin. Genetic engineering is pretty sophisticated.

That said, I've actually been more curious about Genesis 6:4 which seems to imply that somehow the giants survived the Flood. I don't think there were any on the ark.

Look up Rephaim in the Bible Dictionary. Follow the scripture references. You will find those scriptures refer to Giants by various names. The Ammonites called them Zamzummims.

Anyway, the Lord helps the righteous deal with vicious giants through the power of the Melchizedek Priesthood. See Moses 7:12-17

Truth will Prevail
captain of 100

buffalo_girl wrote:If you look in the footnotes of the LDS edition of the King James Bible for Genesis 6:2, reference (a) for sons of God, it says:

2a TG Sons and Daughters of God

Female persons were not given as much distinction in the translation.

Who knows where giants come from or even if there were 30 foot giants. Until they start showing up as living beings it probably isn't worth too much speculation. Even when and if they start showing up as living beings I have to be suspect of their origin. Genetic engineering is pretty sophisticated.

That said, I've actually been more curious about Genesis 6:4 which seems to imply that somehow the giants survived the Flood. I don't think there were any on the ark.

Look up Rephaim in the Bible Dictionary. Follow the scripture references. You will find those scriptures refer to Giants by various names. The Ammonites called them Zamzummims.

Anyway, the Lord helps the righteous deal with vicious giants through the power of the Melchizedek Priesthood. See Moses 7:12-17

It just sounds like they are a different race? Latr on not sure of the scripture it say the sons of God tried to get back into heaven but could not? Also the Book of Enoch is intresting it goes in great depth about the Giants and their names and how they taught man certain sciences? The Lord has said that all flesh has become corrupted, i guess from mingling with this Nephililms? The Apostles asked Christ when will we know of your coming? He said it would be even as the days of Noah, sooo many think the Nephilim will return from the heavens?? Its all spec but fun to think about!

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by buffalo_girl »

I'm not aware of any specific scriptures you are citing above.

There is an occult 'philosophy' in regard to giants, but I haven't found any reference to what you are saying in the Standard Works. That's the rule by which I judge whether or not we are dealing with doctrine in contrast to 'the precepts of men'.

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

Mormonism is an occult religion. Occult means "hidden" in its purest definition. (see Isaiah 29:4) There's no shame in being occult. It just means searching for hidden truths. This practically fits the definition of the Church's pursuit of "Intelligence" to a tee.

One of the hidden writings brought forth in the Latter Days is this verse:
Moses 7:15 - And the giants of the land, also, stood afar off; and there went forth a curse upon all people that fought against God;

These were pre-flood giants - possibly both dinosaurs and human giants - who are mentioned as showing how powerful the faith and works of Enoch were. Most of these giants didn't survive the flood (probably couldn't fit on the ark), but evidently the genes survived in the days of Moses and David, as many giants are mentioned.

I think the giants are very real. The Norse/Germanic peoples believed their Gods came from the North and were descended from giants. The Greeks said the 12 Olympians overthrew the 12 Titans (Giants). If you look at the Egyptian, and Sumerian hieroglyphs, they portray their Gods as being equal height to a mortal, while the giant Deity is sitting down and the mortal is standing straight. (see the Book of Abraham hieroglyphs, for example). This means that these Gods are not only great in spirit and power, but stature as well. Perhaps all of them are 10-12 feet tall (or more), and tower over us shorter mortals.

Quetzacoatl and other Meso-American Gods were said to be giants, with 12 fingers and 12 toes, and (many prophets have expressed the belief that he was Christ during his Book of Mormon visit). Goliath and some his relatives had genetic throwbacks to 12 fingers and 12 toes (not isolated mutations, but a common family trait). I think the reason many ancient religions, including Christianity, include 12 as a important number is that the ancient giants, the ancestors to the current Gods, use a base 12 system, which is based on their fingers and toes (the word "digit" means either finger or toe as well as a numeric character).

Maybe God himself has 12 fingers and 12 toes, which would mean Jesus' 12 apostles and Israel's 12 sons were meant to be counted completely on two hands. In his numbering system, this would be equivalent to our 10. So instead of a "perfect 10", we have a "perfect 12". Our English language seems to be used to this concept, as we 1-12 are given their own stand-alone names, while 13+ need suffixes like "-teen", "-ty", "-hundred", and so on.

Truth will Prevail
captain of 100

Rock34 wrote:Mormonism is an occult religion. Occult means "hidden" in its purest definition. (see Isaiah 29:4) There's no shame in being occult. It just means searching for hidden truths. This practically fits the definition of the Church's pursuit of "Intelligence" to a tee.

One of the hidden writings brought forth in the Latter Days is this verse:
Moses 7:15 - And the giants of the land, also, stood afar off; and there went forth a curse upon all people that fought against God;

These were pre-flood giants - possibly both dinosaurs and human giants - who are mentioned as showing how powerful the faith and works of Enoch were. Most of these giants didn't survive the flood (probably couldn't fit on the ark), but evidently the genes survived in the days of Moses and David, as many giants are mentioned.

I think the giants are very real. The Norse/Germanic peoples believed their Gods came from the North and were descended from giants. The Greeks said the 12 Olympians overthrew the 12 Titans (Giants). If you look at the Egyptian, and Sumerian hieroglyphs, they portray their Gods as being equal height to a mortal, while the giant Deity is sitting down and the mortal is standing straight. (see the Book of Abraham hieroglyphs, for example). This means that these Gods are not only great in spirit and power, but stature as well. Perhaps all of them are 10-12 feet tall (or more), and tower over us shorter mortals.

Quetzacoatl and other Meso-American Gods were said to be giants, with 12 fingers and 12 toes, and (many prophets have expressed the belief that he was Christ during his Book of Mormon visit). Goliath and some his relatives had genetic throwbacks to 12 fingers and 12 toes (not isolated mutations, but a common family trait). I think the reason many ancient religions, including Christianity, include 12 as a important number is that the ancient giants, the ancestors to the current Gods, use a base 12 system, which is based on their fingers and toes (the word "digit" means either finger or toe as well as a numeric character).

Maybe God himself has 12 fingers and 12 toes, which would mean Jesus' 12 apostles and Israel's 12 sons were meant to be counted completely on two hands. In his numbering system, this would be equivalent to our 10. So instead of a "perfect 10", we have a "perfect 12". Our English language seems to be used to this concept, as we 1-12 are given their own stand-alone names, while 13+ need suffixes like "-teen", "-ty", "-hundred", and so on.

Do you think there is any relation to this with the name NEPHI and Nephi-lim after all "I Nephi being large in stature" ?????? Great post by the way!

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

buffalo_girl wrote:That said, I've actually been more curious about Genesis 6:4 which seems to imply that somehow the giants survived the Flood. I don't think there were any on the ark.
The post-flood mortal giants were around the land of Canaan, and could have been mutated Canaanites themselves. More mutations happen during inbreeding, so the early years after the flood could have produced a Canaanite line that turned into the Anakim and other giant tribes. The Philistines were a Canaanite nation, that had such giants as Goliath. I think what happened was that Egyptus the elder, Ham's wife, had something "forbidden" about her. I could speculate as the exact meaning, but it's possible that she carried some giant genes in recess. Many of the giants died in the slaughter carried out by the Israelites on the wicked Canaanites under the leadership of Joshua. Maybe they were expressing the very genes that caused God to wash the earth with the flood - the giant genes (if not, then why is "marrying and giving in marriage" a sin worthy of such a global disaster?).

Maybe the giants were too powerful and caused much havoc in the age of hand-to-hand combat - Imagine a whole nation of warriors like Goliath. It probably wasn't so much that they were genetically pre-disposed to be any more "wicked" than other mortals, but that their potential for ruling over their smaller (grasshopper-sized) brethren was as dangerous as Nimrod's totalitarian, coinage- and uniform-language-based Babylonian government (which caused angels to come down and scatter the nations and tongues). This would be justification for a flood, just as wiping out the dinosaurs would make human life easier. We don't need Godzilla wreaking havoc in our cities, do we?

Then again, maybe all of Adam's seed have giant genes (check out the world's tallest people list and you'll see many different nationalities represented), and "sons of God married the daughters of men" is purely a figurative reference to priesthood holders marrying out of the covenant.

LittleLion
captain of 100

Post by LittleLion »

Rock34 wrote:Mormonism is an occult religion. Occult means "hidden" in its purest definition.
Most people obviously don't think of it this way. Occult is an evil word to most people right or wrong because of what society teaches. Occult to me means hidden also, as in trying to keep things hidden from society or even from your own people, as with the Masons. Searching for hidden truths is not what most people think of the occult, they think of what the occult is hiding. In fact another meaning of occult is to take away or "occult" the light for the specific purpose of hiding something.

Interesting take on giants and 12. Your thoughts may very well be be correct. Very nice post.

LL
Last edited by LittleLion on February 25th, 2009, 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

Truth will Prevail wrote:Do you think there is any relation to this with the name NEPHI and Nephi-lim after all "I Nephi being large in stature" ??????
Likely, but this says there is no known use of "Nephi" in ancient Hebrew, and that it could be based off of Egyptian.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephi#Etymology_of_Nephi

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

LittleLion wrote:
Rock34 wrote:Mormonism is an occult religion. Occult means "hidden" in its purest definition.
Most people obviously don't think of it this way. Occult is an evil word to most people right or wrong because of what society teaches. Occult to me means hidden also, as in trying to keep things hidden from society or even from your own people, as with the Masons. Searching for hidden truths is not what most people think of the occult, they think of what the occult is hiding. In fact another meaning of the occult is to take away or "occult" the light for the specific purpose of hiding something.

Interesting take on giants and 12. Your thoughts may very well be be correct. Very nice post.

LL
Yes, making things occult, and studying the hidden esoteric things are two different things. But even by that definition, Moroni would still be occult, because he hid up his record from the wicked Lamanites in anticipation of a day when it would some day come forth in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. The veil itself is an occult practice by that definition, as well as Mosiah keeping certain parts of the Book of Ether hidden from his people.

I think the restored Church is occult because it teaches many hidden truths via symbols, even though these truths are not really hidden by anything beyond our inability to fully "see" them in our current state. This definition matches the definition many occultists outside the church use, which is: "search for that which is hidden". Usually this has a spiritual meaning, since the "veil" (the mortal interference of our natural thought-state) is keeping our minds fogged up as to the true nature of existence. The mortal body is an attention grabbing machine for our "intelligence". This is why many resort to meditation and sensory deprivation to search their the inner part, which the scriptures call "spirit" and its elemental component(s) "intelligence".

Often many of the "criminal" charges Joseph Smith had placed on him were based on his practices that were viewed as occult or heretic by the society of his time. That and many prominent men were probably Masons and other secret society members, who thought he was destroying their hidden order of priestcraft and statecraft by revealing hidden light to the people, outside of their order. The difference was, of course, that he was getting his "inside info" from the source of all light, while they were mostly passing on collected human wisdom and remnants of past temple ordinances.

lamanite_mormonGirl
captain of 100

Post by lamanite_mormonGirl »

I just though I share some little tid bit I learn the other day while watching the history channel, they were talking about this nephilim and they interview a few Rabbis and they mention that in Jewish tradition in the old testament days women were encourage to cover their hair so that Angels wouldn't be tempted to come down and take mortal women as theirs.

LittleLion
captain of 100

Post by LittleLion »

Rock34 wrote:Yes, making things occult, and studying the hidden esoteric things are two different things. But even by that definition, Moroni would still be occult, because he hid up his record from the wicked Lamanites in anticipation of a day when it would some day come forth in the Dispensation of the Fulness of Times. The veil itself is an occult practice by that definition, as well as Mosiah keeping certain parts of the Book of Ether hidden from his people.

I think the restored Church is occult because it teaches many hidden truths via symbols, even though these truths are not really hidden by anything beyond our inability to fully "see" them in our current state. This definition matches the definition many occultists outside the church use, which is: "search for that which is hidden". Usually this has a spiritual meaning, since the "veil" (the mortal interference of our natural thought-state) is keeping our minds fogged up as to the true nature of existence. The mortal body is an attention grabbing machine for our "intelligence". This is why many resort to meditation and sensory deprivation to search their the inner part, which the scriptures call "spirit" and its elemental component(s) "intelligence".

Often many of the "criminal" charges Joseph Smith had placed on him were based on his practices that were viewed as occult or heretic by the society of his time. That and many prominent men were probably Masons and other secret society members, who thought he was destroying their hidden order of priestcraft and statecraft by revealing hidden light to the people, outside of their order. The difference was, of course, that he was getting his "inside info" from the source of all light, while they were mostly passing on collected human wisdom and remnants of past temple ordinances.
I wish more people on this forum were like you and were not so judgmental when people voice their opinions or thoughts. You have an excellent way about explaining and "writing" what you want to get across that I so wish I had. I enjoy very much reading your "writing" style. It is hard for me to write and get the information across, especially when I am passionate about something, I end up "sounding" much different than I would if I were talking face to face.

I agree that there is a huge difference between "to hide" or make things occult, and "to find hidden" things. Your explanation makes it easy to see how people "of" the world could misconstrue and criminalize our church. As you state, many of the prominent men of the time who were leveling claims against Joseph were probably SS members able to bring authority to bear against him because many were the authority and they had much interest in keeping their hidden order hidden.

Many people think of the word occult and think darkness instead of hidden, or they correspond hidden with the things of darkness. Hidden things can obviously be light and good once they are "found" as you put it so well. Thank you for your time.

LL

Emmanuel Goldstein
captain of 50

Post by Emmanuel Goldstein »

The giants may have been a reference to dinosaurs. They could also be a reference to the greys from X-files, who knows and does it really matter? :lol:
They may also be the reptillians that Art Bell was always talking about. :lol:

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

I have read about at least a couple of mummified remains of giants found in the intermountain west. I also heard a story that is a legend in some indian tribe from Nevada that a bunch of their braves once trapped a couple of giants in a cave and sealed off the entrance with a rock slide. They hated the giants because they were reportedly cannibals. There are lots of interesting mysteries out there.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Occult can mean hidden, such as occult blood in a stool sample. However, we all know that when people refer to "occult" in religion it refers to a religion that is either new age, wiccan or Satanic. Therefore, I think it is extremely unwise to refer to the Church as occult. Don't you realize how that sounds? It only takes one anti-Mormon to grab this and run with it. We have things which are sacred. That in no way translates to occult. Sacred is not the same as secret. We do not equate our covenants with rituals such as are found in skull and bones, the masons or other secret societies.
Most Christians believe that angels are separate creations apart from humans. They think that some angels fell to earth and seduced human women, thereby creating a different race. We know this is nonsense.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Maybe the giants were too powerful and caused much havoc in the age of hand-to-hand combat - Imagine a whole nation of warriors like Goliath. It probably wasn't so much that they were genetically pre-disposed to be any more "wicked" than other mortals, but that their potential for ruling over their smaller (grasshopper-sized) brethren was as dangerous as Nimrod's totalitarian, coinage- and uniform-language-based Babylonian government (which caused angels to come down and scatter the nations and tongues). This would be justification for a flood, just as wiping out the dinosaurs would make human life easier. We don't need Godzilla wreaking havoc in our cities, do we?
From what I've read, the flood was because of the gross wickedness of the people and they refused to repent. I don't think they were wiped out because they were tall! It's an interesting idea but it is not resonating with me. Our times are supposed to mirror Noah's and it's not the tall folks who are the cause of our problems today. It's the prevailing wickedness of most of the people.

You are entertaining, though.

lamanite
captain of 100

Post by lamanite »

M249Gunner wrote:I have read about at least a couple of mummified remains of giants found in the intermountain west. I also heard a story that is a legend in some indian tribe from Nevada that a bunch of their braves once trapped a couple of giants in a cave and sealed off the entrance with a rock slide. They hated the giants because they were reportedly cannibals. There are lots of interesting mysteries out there.
Alot of interesting "giant" stories from the various Indian tribes in the NW. Of course, the giants they teach used to live were sasquatches. Lots of them, sometimes traveling in groups and families. Interesting enough, Native Americans don't really have mythical elements in their lore and worship. No leprechauns, elves, mermaids, unicorns, or other mythical creatures. Only creatures they have actually seen in their world: the bear, wolf, cougar, whale, eagle.... and of course the one they regard with the most fear: the sasquatch.

Blip
captain of 100

Post by Blip »

Well, giants would pose large targets. Easy to track. Easier to hide from/ambush. Larger organs to target. Easier to sneak up on. With todays technology (maybe yesterday's) I would rather see and army of giants than let us say.....a bunch of Asians. I don't see much advatage to giants besides brute force. And that is probably why they don't exist anymore. If they ever did?

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

kathyn wrote:It only takes one anti-Mormon to grab this and run with it.
Like they have with Brigham Young's true but oft-misunderstood Adam-God teaching, baptism of the dead, referring to temple garments as "magic underwear", polygamy, and who knows what else? I personally don't care what they run with. What does the Church have to prove to them? It is occult, because it matches the raw meaning of the word perfectly. I can't help it if some demonize a perfectly natural religious expression - spiritually searching for the hidden and obscured.

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

kathyn wrote:
From what I've read, the flood was because of the gross wickedness of the people and they refused to repent. I don't think they were wiped out because they were tall! It's an interesting idea but it is not resonating with me. Our times are supposed to mirror Noah's and it's not the tall folks who are the cause of our problems today. It's the prevailing wickedness of most of the people.

You are entertaining, though.
Gen 1:28
28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Matt. 24: 38
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

JS-M 1: 42
For it shall be with them, as it was in the days which were before the flood; for until the day that Noah entered into the ark they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage;

Here are the "days of Noah" as described in the Pearl of Great Price:

Moses 8:
8 And Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years, and begat a son,
9 And he called his name Noah, saying: This son shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.
10 And Lamech lived, after he begat Noah, five hundred and ninety-five years, and begat sons and daughters;
11 And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred and seventy-seven years, and he died.
12 And Noah was four hundred and fifty years old, and begat Japheth; and forty-two years afterward he begat Shem of her who was the mother of Japheth, and when he was five hundred years old he begat Ham.
13 And Noah and his sons hearkened unto the Lord, and gave heed, and they were called the sons of God.
14 And when these men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, the sons of men saw that those daughters were fair, and they took them wives, even as they chose.
15 And the Lord said unto Noah: The daughters of thy sons have sold themselves; for behold mine anger is kindled against the sons of men, for they will not hearken to my voice.
16 And it came to pass that Noah prophesied, and taught the things of God, even as it was in the beginning.
17 And the Lord said unto Noah: My Spirit shall not always strive with man, for he shall know that all flesh shall die; yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years; and if men do not repent, I will send in the floods upon them.
earth; and every man was lifted up in the imagination of the thoughts of his heart, being only evil continually.
18 And in those days there were giants on the earth, and they sought Noah to take away his life; but the Lord was with Noah, and the power of the Lord was upon him.
19 And the Lord ordained Noah after his own order, and commanded him that he should go forth and declare his Gospel unto the children of men, even as it was given unto Enoch.
20 And it came to pass that Noah called upon the children of men that they should repent; but they hearkened not unto his words;
21 And also, after that they had heard him, they came up before him, saying: Behold, we are the sons of God; have we not taken unto ourselves the daughters of men? And are we not eating and drinking, and marrying and giving in marriage? And our wives bear unto us children, and the same are mighty men, which are like unto men of old, men of great renown. And they hearkened not unto the words of Noah.
22 And God saw that the wickedness of men had become great in the earth; and every man was lifted up in the imagination of the thoughts of his heart, being only evil continually.

It's still unclear to me what their great sin was. It is said earlier to Enoch that they hated their own flesh (check for modern times). The "giants" sought to kill Noah, but I don't know if these were Adamic humans or some other creatures. How they got to be giants is another question, if human. Cain and his people ran secret combinations, but earlier verses make it clear that Cain and the rest of Adam's seed were separate, and Enoch did not go among them (specifically the Canaanites.)

Moses 8:18 says some giant group was actively seeking out Noah. If they were animals like bears or lions wanting to take away his life, why would this be in scripture? These beings seemed to be smart enough to know who he was and wanted him dead for some reason. Dare I say they were sentient giant human-like beings of high wickedness? Whether or not they were involved in the "marrying and giving in marriage", they are still mentioned.

Also, take it for what it's worth, but Spencer W. Kimball seemed to believe an account of an early Church leader seeing a giant, unclothed, and very hairy Cain walking beside him and having a conversation with him. He included it in the "Miracle of Forgiveness" to show the miserable state of Cain, and how he was cursed to stay on the earth and not see death. So maybe Cain was a giant himself. I don't know all the details. Many dismiss this as the "Mormon Bigfoot Myth", but I think it is within the realm of possibility since we know translated beings are real, and men like Esau were said to have hair approaching fur in ancient times (Jacob needed animal fur to re-create his brother's body hair). Maybe Cain is translated as a punishment.

Rock34
captain of 100

Post by Rock34 »

lamanite wrote:
M249Gunner wrote:I have read about at least a couple of mummified remains of giants found in the intermountain west. I also heard a story that is a legend in some indian tribe from Nevada that a bunch of their braves once trapped a couple of giants in a cave and sealed off the entrance with a rock slide. They hated the giants because they were reportedly cannibals. There are lots of interesting mysteries out there.
Alot of interesting "giant" stories from the various Indian tribes in the NW. Of course, the giants they teach used to live were sasquatches. Lots of them, sometimes traveling in groups and families. Interesting enough, Native Americans don't really have mythical elements in their lore and worship. No leprechauns, elves, mermaids, unicorns, or other mythical creatures. Only creatures they have actually seen in their world: the bear, wolf, cougar, whale, eagle.... and of course the one they regard with the most fear: the sasquatch.
Well, according to some, Sasquatch is mythical. I don't know, maybe elves, leprechauns, etc. are even more elusive than Bigfoot. Either that or they dwell in fabled interior of the earth, or another planet from which the ancestors of these people came. I don't think we know everything about the creation, and that more than likely there was some form of exodus and colonization of another people from another planet, adapted to this earth's environment through numerous lab tests. Some have speculated that Eden was in fact a lab and self-sufficient, enclosed biosphere for getting an earth-ready human developed - sounds very plausible. Man is just now doing this themselves - for future Mars habitation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Rock34, "sons of God" in that context referred to men who upheld the gospel and honored their priesthood, while "sons of men" referred to those who didn't have the covenant and followed false religion. Remember, the Lord didn't want his people to intermarry with idolaters.
and every man was lifted up in the imagination of the thoughts of his heart, being only evil continually.
This was the cause for the flood. You can use your own imagination as to what kinds of evil are referred to. But you can look at the worldly people of today and have a pretty good idea about the abominations that filled the whole earth.
I don't think we know everything about the creation, and that more than likely there was some form of exodus and colonization of another people from another planet, adapted to this earth's environment through numerous lab tests. Some have speculated that Eden was in fact a lab
Adam and Eve were placed here by Father. But this earth is not some lab experiment. Sheesh!

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Yes, Nefi, etc. are Egyptian god names. Told to me as I shared a Book of Mormon in Arabic with a guy who was training with me in Roseville, CA years ago. He said he was very familiar with all the names in the first part of the Book of Mormon and had no problem with believing what was written as being true. Sadly, he had to finish the book before he went home to Saudi Arabia. he could not take it into his country with him. We had some great discussions.

Truth will Prevail
captain of 100

So where the heck do these giants come from??? Why are they here or were here in the first place, whats the point in their creation?? Do they have the same oppertunities as us for salvation and exaltation???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcP3TOXlR14 part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGu8VKFe ... re=related part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yZBFPmU ... re=related part 3

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Rock34 wrote: March 1st, 2009, 9:12 am
lamanite wrote:
Well, according to some, Sasquatch is mythical. I don't know, maybe elves, leprechauns, etc. are even more elusive than Bigfoot. Either that or they dwell in fabled interior of the earth, or another planet from which the ancestors of these people came. I don't think we know everything about the creation, and that more than likely there was some form of exodus and colonization of another people from another planet, adapted to this earth's environment through numerous lab tests. Some have speculated that Eden was in fact a lab and self-sufficient, enclosed biosphere for getting an earth-ready human developed - sounds very plausible. Man is just now doing this themselves - for future Mars habitation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biosphere_2

Are you talking about the nephilims?