Current Emergency Food Demand Reaches New Level?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
MR. T
captain of 50

Current Emergency Food Demand Reaches New Level?

Post by MR. T »

Here is part of an email that I received from a business. I didn't post the company name lest I get accused of spamming.

To all our loyal customers, friends and family;

RE: Demand

For all of you who have known me as the Founder of this company for more than 15 years now, you know that I absolutely detest selling on fear. In fact, it drives me crazy to see competitors talking about all the crazy stuff going on in the world just to try and sell product.

Sure, we're in the business of preparing for disasters and emergencies, but using that to push products is just something I will not do - now or ever.

However, I do need to do something that I have only done once in 15 years - I need to let you know that effective immediately and until further notice, I have no choice but to suspend our same-business-day shipping promise due to the current levels of demand.

I haven't seen demand like this since Hurricane Katrina - when the US Army wanted permission to land a helicopter on our street to pick up as many MRE's as we could spare for the first responders that were running out of food in New Orleans.

I don't write this letter to scare you, and I don't even really understand why the demand is so high right now. There's always something to be worried about around the globe, but this is a new level for us....

brianj
captain of 1,000

Re: Current Emergency Food Demand Reaches New Level?

Post by brianj »

Interesting. I recall around two years ago it was hard to get food from the church emergency preparedness stores because of high demand. That doesn't appear to be the case today.

I suspect this is associated with fears over the eclipse being a sign of bad things coming.