Who believes that the Second Coming is close?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Z2100
captain of 100

Re: Who believes that the Second Coming is close?

Post by Z2100 »

Sunain wrote: August 22nd, 2017, 10:17 pm
Spaced_Out wrote: August 19th, 2017, 9:55 pm As I have posted before 2033 is when the six seal ends, and a few years after is the second coming. The fifth seal started when the law of Moses ended - at the crucifixion. There is a lot to happen prior to 2033, cleansing, establishment of Zion New Jerusalem.

I am still thinking that the economy is going to collapse in October 2017, missionaries will have to be recalled, then the persecutions and US civil war will start. It might only be 2018, but I cant imagine that the world economy can go on much longer without a complete meltdown. No way, it is not decades away but months. The global economy is in very late stage collapse and there will be no coming back from the collapse, debt levels are toooooo high and tooooooo many people living on welfare etc... World systems are completely unstable and the current entitled generation will not accept the gov can no longer support them.
The escalation of world wide events, politically, spiritually, ecologically, economically and technologically is happening at breakneck speeds currently. The news reports daily are a fluster of things going on. We won't recognize the world in 15 years.

I think we all agree that we are in the final years before the second coming. I don't think anyone here believes that we are 50 or even 100 years out. We are in the final generation before His return.
I’m think we’re at LEAST 83 years away. We’ll repeat the 20th century (1900s) but this is when it will actually be the “end of the world.” Many people in the 1930s-40s thought the Second Coming would be in 2000 because of the war on Earth. It was not so. But when WWIII begins, we will know it will be all over in a matter of decades. I’ll be d_mned if it’s in the 20s.

WWII- 20th Century
(History repeats itself)
WWIII- 21st Century
3-6 decades until Second Coming?

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

I believe that Christ will come in my lifetime.

JD, O PRATT 15:41
Let me make a few remarks here in relation to the difference between Zion and Jerusalem. Zion will be favored with the presence of the Lord before the Jews are permitted to behold him. The Lord will come to the Temple of Zion before he comes to the Temple at Jerusalem. Before he comes in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, he will manifest himself in the city and Temple of Zion; or in other words all the pure in heart who are permitted in those days to enter into the Lord's Temple in Zion, which will be built on this continent, the Lord will reveal his face onto them, they will see him and he will dwell in the midst of Zion.
Last edited by Love on September 25th, 2017, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

There is so much to do before he can come.
Last edited by Love on August 23rd, 2017, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

Spaced_Out wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 4:45 am The plague of sins that have overrun society are much worse than all those events you list. Hence big need for a reset. How will the future generations of youth in the church survive with the current wicked onslaught of sin and abominations.
Looking forward to the start of the tribulations and cleansing.
Honestly that is a good point.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Love wrote:
I believe that Christ will come in my lifetime, I was in a generation of youth , who's patriarchal blessings talk about this great event. I had a mission companion who's blessing said she would be twinkled at the age of a tree. I know of a friends blessing said they will be in Christs presence an others that said they would enjoy the time of peace during the millennium. I'm excited for any these events to come. How amazing it will be, but we have a lot of stuff that needs to happen before, I'll get too excited.
Love, don’t know how old you are but I personally know two ladies, both who are 64 years old whose patriarchal blessings are very similar. One says that she will be here to greet the Savior when he comes in his glory. The other ones blessing says that she will be caught up to meet him.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

Bro Keele,
I Saw this slide show of reasons why America is the Little Horn. I am still entertaining the thought, I am on the fence about Obama's role. I need word from the Genral Authorities to settle on a time line for the Second Coming.

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/nett ... ttle-horn

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

:D
Last edited by Love on September 25th, 2017, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Love wrote:
I am on the fence about Obama's role. I need word from the Genral Authorities to settle on a time line for the Second Coming.
Joseph Fielding Smith spoke of the Little Horn persecuting the church in his writings but did not elaborate. The reason I’m supposing is mostly because coming right out and identifying America as the Little Horn may have caused push back against the church.

Similarly, no general authority in our day is going to identify Obama or any other any other person as fulfilling Daniel and John’s prophecies. Could you imagine what a Pandora’s box such a statement would open? So until the Lord delivers us form the bondage of our oppressors, I don’t think we will be hearing much… :)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Love wrote:
I am on the fence about Obama's role.
I’ve long believed that Obama was fulfilling (going back to 2008) Daniel and John’s prophesy and would go on to fulfill the prophecy of the 42 months. Daniel says in chapter 7:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
John says in Rev 13:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Did Obama “change times and laws”? Yes, far more than any other president which included corrupting the rule of law, undermining the constitution, giving us over to globalism, inciting racism, destroying the economy and setting up the deep state.

John says he will “continue forty and two months” and is Obama doing so? Yes, he must do so or face the possible consequences of all of his crimes. He is working with those who would over throw the choice of the people. He set Trump up for investigation by working with the deep state he helped to create.

The main street media won’t tell you these things but there are those who are willing to speak out. One of them is Dick Morris who has written a book about what’s transpiring. Here’s Dick giving a 2 ½ minute intro to the book. Many of his other videos would be useful as well if you have the time…
Last edited by friendsofthe on August 24th, 2017, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Love wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 6:11 pm Bro Keele,
I Saw this slide show of reasons why America is the Little Horn. I am still entertaining the thought, I am on the fence about Obama's role. I need word from the Genral Authorities to settle on a time line for the Second Coming.

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/nett ... ttle-horn
You know I had this thought but why not make the signs your time line instead?

People keep wanting to change the lists of different signs into the timeline and then get frustrated when the timeline doesn't work out. But maybe that's because we should rather be using a sign line rather than a time line.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

friendsofthe wrote: August 24th, 2017, 1:36 pm
Love wrote:
I am on the fence about Obama's role.
I’ve long believed that Obama was fulfilling (going back to 2008) Daniel and John’s prophesy and would go on to fulfill the prophecy of the 42 months. Daniel says in chapter 7:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
John says in Rev 13:
5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
Did Obama “change times and laws”? Yes, far more than any other president which included corrupting the rule of law, undermining the constitution, giving us over to globalism, inciting racism, destroying the economy and setting up the deep state.

John says he will “continue forty and two months” and is Obama doing so? Yes, he must do so or face the possible consequences of all of his crimes. He is working with those who would over throw the choice of the people. He set Trump up for investigation by working with the deep state he helped to create.

The main street media won’t tell you these things but there are those who are willing to speak out. One of them is Dick Morris who has written a book about what’s transpiring. Here’s Dick giving a 2 ½ minute into to the book. Many of his other videos would be useful as well if you have the time…
Not only that...I want to add that its starting to come out of the wood work how many crimes Obama committed. You can find articles about this that are credible and it's amazing what he's gotten away with. Among them are; $1 billion dollars given to the Muslim brotherhood that was taxpayers money, and 180 million stolen from Obamacare and snuck out of the country and put in foreign personal bank accounts.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

Yes,
I have never been a fan of Obama, I am aware of some of his many shady dealings. I have been reading 3 Nephi, which is a type of the Second Coming. It speaks of murdering the country leader. The country crumbling, a drought, and people in family groups. I'm waiting for more events like this to really get on board with a close time line for the Secound Coming. 30yr is a safe guess. For everyone's sake I wish it was tomorrow. Wouldn't it be great.
Last edited by Love on September 25th, 2017, 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

The scriptural teachings of Joseph SMITH :161
I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of Man has said that the mother shall be against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No; I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand.

The prophet speaking about America.
9 Now this secret combination, which had brought so great iniquity upon the people, did gather themselves together, and did place at their head a man whom they did call Jacob;
10 And they did call him their king; therefore he became a king over this wicked band; and he was one of the chiefest who had given his voice against the prophets who testified of Jesus.
11 And it came to pass that they were not so strong in number as the tribes of the people, who were united together save it were their leaders did establish their laws, every one according to his tribe; nevertheless they were enemies; notwithstanding they were not a righteous people, yet they were united in the hatred of those who had entered into a covenant to destroy the government.
12 Therefore, Jacob seeing that their enemies were more numerous than they, he being the king of the band, therefore he commanded his people that they should take their flight into the northernmost part of the land, and there build up unto themselves a kingdom, until they were joined by dissenters, (for he flattered them that there would be many dissenters) and they become sufficiently strong to contend with the tribes of the people; and they did so.
13 And so speedy was their march that it could not be impeded until they had gone forth out of the reach of the people. And thus ended the thirtieth year; and thus were the affairs of the people of Nephi.
14 And it came to pass in the thirty and first year that they were divided into tribes, every man according to his family, kindred and friends; nevertheless they had come to an agreement that they would not go to war one with another; but they were not united as to their laws, and their manner of government, for they were established according to the minds of those who were their chiefs and their leaders. But they did establish very strict laws that one tribe should not trespass against another, insomuch that in some degree they had peace in the land; nevertheless, their hearts were turned from the Lord their God, and they did stone the prophets and did cast them out from among them.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

The scriptural teachings of Joseph SMITH :161
I saw men hunting the lives of their own sons, and brother murdering brother, women killing their own daughters, and daughters seeking the lives of their mothers. I saw armies arrayed against armies. I saw blood, desolation, fires. The Son of Man has said that the mother shall be against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother. These things are at our doors. They will follow the Saints of God from city to city. Satan will rage, and the spirit of the devil is now enraged. I know not how soon these things will take place; but with a view of them, shall I cry peace? No; I will lift up my voice and testify of them. How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off, I do not know; when the fig tree leaves, know then that the summer is nigh at hand.
Love, interesting that you should post this quote form Joseph Smith as I was just thinking about it in the last few days. This quote is usually used to illustrate the devastation that shall come upon America and so it is. However, this quote is full of hints as to when it will come to pass and shows strong connections to the coming of the Bridegroom…

For instance, we read “The Son of Man has said that the mother shall be against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother.” This teaching comes form the 12th chapter of Luke, which speaks extensively about the Second Coming.

We also read “They will follow the Saints of God from city to city.” This I believe is a reference to out trek back to meet the Bridegroom. This trek will come at a time of great tribulation and it may well be that some will be happy to follow after and glean whatever scraps the saints leave behind.

Then there is this line “How long you will have good crops, and the famine be kept off”. A rather obvious reference to the year with no rainbow when there shall be neither “seed time or harvest”.

Thus we see the strong connections the Prophet makes to the Second Coming in this particular quotation!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

In Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.” And in Section 21 we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says: “Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” So if our calendar is accurate and it apparently was approved by the Lord, I have no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven. It will commence in the year 2000 AD .

It seems to me (for now at least) that the half hour of silence is 20+ years beginning at 2,000 A.D. when the seventh seal is opened. And since we know from a modern revelation that the half hour of silence ends with the Second Coming, my best guesstimate puts the Second Coming between 2020 & 2021. I'm not holding my breath.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

lundbaek wrote: August 25th, 2017, 10:34 am In Section 20 the Lord said he wanted the Church established on the sixth day of April because it would be “one thousand eight hundred and thirty years since the coming of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ in the flesh.” And in Section 21 we are told the Church was set up by Joseph Smith under the guidance of the Holy Ghost and then it says: “Which church was organized and established in the year of your Lord eighteen hundred and thirty, in the fourth month, and on the sixth day of the month which is called April.” So if our calendar is accurate and it apparently was approved by the Lord, I have no question about the date of the opening of the seventh seal and the half hour of silence in heaven. It will commence in the year 2000 AD .

It seems to me (for now at least) that the half hour of silence is 20+ years beginning at 2,000 A.D. when the seventh seal is opened. And since we know from a modern revelation that the half hour of silence ends with the Second Coming, my best guesstimate puts the Second Coming between 2020 & 2021. I'm not holding my breath.
I wholeheartedly agree with your first paragraph. If it is indeed literal then let's take this literally as well.
Abraham 3:4 And the Lord said unto me, by the Urim and Thummim, that Kolob was after the manner of the Lord, according to its times and seasons in the revolutions thereof; that one revolution was a day unto the Lord, after his manner of reckoning, it being one thousand years according to the time appointed unto that whereon thou standest. This is the reckoning of the Lord’s time, according to the reckoning of Kolob.
Half an hour is .5 over 24 hours = 0.0208333333333333

0.0208333333333333 of 1,000 = 20.83 years, so your logic stands. (D&C manual rounds up to 21 https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrine-an ... f?lang=eng)

However, what happens once the silence is over? Let's look:
D&C 88:95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.
97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—
98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.
Revelation 8 however paints a more gloomy picture:
Revelation 8:
1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
Chapter 9 is more bad stuff for the next trumpets until the 7th is sounded in chapter 10. The seventh angel is Michael as defined in the Doctrine and Covenants. After the seventh trump sounds we learn about the two witnesses whose mission's duration is given:
Revelation 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
I guess the point I'm making is that I totally agree on the ~ 21 years of silence, but there needs to be some time for the trumps to sound and for the 3.5 years of the two witnesses' mission. If you tacked that on 2021, then we're talking 2024-5 at the soonest.

However, what is most interesting to me is how 9/23 fits with the half our of silence--which I've never considered before. If 9/23 2017 is the mark of the beginning of the mission of the Davidic Servant and if the half our of silence is over in 2021, what number connects those two dates specifically at a time of the Jewish Holidays? 3.5 years!!!!!!

So ...

If on 9/23 the Davidic Servant ascends during the Fall Festival of Trumpets then exactly 3.5 years later is SPRING of 2021!!! I may post this over in the 9/23 thread. O:-)

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

The 42 months are the time the beast is allowed to reign and persecute the saints. If they are about to start, have you identified the beast? I believe I have and that is why, among other reasons, I think your timeline is a little off. The first beast may have been wounded to death, but not healed yet.

The second beast may have been identified, but he is still working on healing the first beast and giving him a mouth to speak like a man, eyes like a man, a heart like a man, feet to stand upon, etc. When he does that and causes people to worship the first beast's image or be put to death, as well as call down fire from heaven, then we will know for sure the start of the 3.5 years. My current understanding is 2027 or 2030 for it to start.

Revelation 13, Daniel 7-10

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

Michelle wrote: August 25th, 2017, 12:06 pm The 42 months are the time the beast is allowed to reign and persecute the saints. If they are about to start, have you identified the beast? I believe I have and that is why, among other reasons, I think your timeline is a little off. The first beast may have been wounded to death, but not healed yet.

The second beast may have been identified, but he is still working on healing the first beast and giving him a mouth to speak like a man, eyes like a man, a heart like a man, feet to stand upon, etc. When he does that and causes people to worship the first beast's image or be put to death, as well as call down fire from heaven, then we will know for sure the start of the 3.5 years. My current understanding is 2027 or 2030 for it to start.

The beast is a degenerate earthly kingdom. Which country will do this or will it be a new group of countries? The beast isn't one man.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Michelle wrote: August 25th, 2017, 12:06 pm The 42 months are the time the beast is allowed to reign and persecute the saints. If they are about to start, have you identified the beast? I believe I have and that is why, among other reasons, I think your timeline is a little off. The first beast may have been wounded to death, but not healed yet.

I heard that the Beast is the United States. It is possible for the wicked of this country to raise hell in a short amount of time, but we are nowhere near the 42 months.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

GrandMasterB wrote: August 25th, 2017, 12:37 pm

The beast is a degenerate earthly kingdom. Which country will do this or will it be a new group of countries? The beast isn't one man.
The beast is not a man, but it will appear as a man when it's wound is healed. It is also neither is it a country or nation. It is like one (and can be represented by a man, or one of a few men.) it isn't even represented by an animal like the other kingdoms mentioned. And it rules over the other nations mentioned before it.

Think of a corporation or even an industry that the whole world worships. That everybody says you have to go along with. That makes rules and laws you have to follow to live in today's world and participate in Babylon, to buy and sell.

I can think of at least 1. It used the number $666.66. It is blasphemous in a few ways, including using the "forbidden fruit" as its symbol. (Or at least the world's representation of the forbidden fruit.)

There is more, but that is enough.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Michelle wrote: August 25th, 2017, 8:33 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: August 25th, 2017, 12:37 pm

The beast is not a man, but it will appear as a man when it's wound is healed. It is also neither is it a country or nation. It is like one (and can be represented by a man, or one of a few men.) it isn't even represented by an animal like the other kingdoms mentioned. And it rules over the other nations mentioned before it.

Think of a corporation or even an industry that the whole world worships. That everybody says you have to go along with. That makes rules and laws you have to follow to live in today's world and participate in Babylon, to buy and sell.

I can think of at least 1. It used the number $666.66. It is blasphemous in a few ways, including using the "forbidden fruit" as its symbol. (Or at least the world's representation of the forbidden fruit.)

There is more, but that is enough.

..............:'
.........__ :'__
.......'`__`-'__``.
....:__________.-'
...:_________:
....:_________`-;
......`.__.-.__.

edit: Apparently the forum doesn't like spaces - this looks right in the preview pane. =\

edit edit: I added periods

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

Young men and old men are dreaming dreams and seeing visions, regular people I know and love. My own ten-year-old son who is completely without guile had a vision of Christ's coming that has brought me great comfort. Will it happen as he saw it? Who really knows? If it does, it probably means we die beforehand, but it's still glorious and happier than he's ever felt in his life. God doesn't give us dreams and visions so we can envy one another or lord it over each other, but for preparation, comfort, and warning.

I do believe my Lord is coming soon.

Edited to add: "Caught up to meet Him!" Maybe we don't die after all.
Last edited by oxbloodangel on August 26th, 2017, 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

IMHO

The beast = Central bank

Mark of the beast = any currency controlled by central bank

Then the US could be considered as an attack dog of the beast.

If you look at Ezra's eagle we have 4 more presidential terms before the eagle (beast) takes control. They are short feathers but like JFK was a short feather then their VP will finish out the term before the next short feather happens.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 22nd, 2017, 10:09 pm Every end times prediction on this forum has failed. Every single one.
Latest from GDP NOW is down a bit, but 7 years of prosperity hypothesis looks highly probable to the positive. Image

X Marks the Spot eclipses of 2017 & 2024 align well like a huge 4-Dimensional punctuation mark. #-o

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Seek the Truth wrote:
Every end times prediction on this forum has failed. Every single one.
Nope, that’s no accurate, mine has not failed…..
Friendsofthe wrote:
When we return Jackson County we shall fulfill the scriptural mandate “Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him”. So there’s my timeline, sweet and simple. Oh, and very near in the future!

WWIII = spring of 2020.
Trek back to Jackson County = summer of 2020.
Coming of the Bridegroom = fall of 2020.
=))