End of The Times of The Gentiles

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

How badly will your home town/city suffer after the Times of The Gentiles end?

Extreme suffering: complete annihilation of cities
27%
Moderate suffering: major natural disasters destroy 1/3 or more of city/town
27%
Low Suffering: The usual- floods, tornadoes, etc
20%
Almost no suffering: Usually for very small towns and villages
27%

Total votes: 30
Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

This is about as simple as I can go with this. I hope you understand it

What are the conditions for the Times of The Gentiles to end? The conditions for the end of the Times of The Gentiles is exactly today’s. We live in the time where the majority of last-days prophecies have been fulfilled (restoration of church, growth of church, etc.) Some of the most obvious facts for our day are:
1. The church is proportionally small to the world population, as Nephi stated.
2. Most of the Gentiles reject the gospel all around the world.
3. There are secret combinations (in media, companies, government, etc.) :ymdevil:
4. There are wicked people on Earth :ymdevil:

What about our day being just like Noah’s day? This is a question to ponder and pray about. In the book The First 2000 Years, Cleon Skousen states that there could've been 4.8 billion people on Earth prior to the Great Flood. And they were all wicked, except for Noah’s family. Are there 4.8 billion wicked people on Earth today? Who knows. There are wicked people in every country around the world. Would there have to be 4.8 billion wicked people on Earth before the Times of The Gentiles end? Again, who knows?
:-?

When will the Times of The Gentiles end? The Times of The Gentiles will end in the Lord’s due time. Seriously, it can happen any day, or any given hour. We live in the exact conditions where it would appropriate to happen. Many members of the church ask the question, “the world can’t get any worse.” They are so wrong. The world can become 5 times worse in two decades from today, and the Times of The Gentiles still wouldn’t end. We can get an idea of how worse the world will be in a few decades, but only to a very small extent. But given how fast life is changing for world society, it could be any time this century…

In the past 50 years, world religion has begun to focus more on the continents of South America and Africa. More people in wealthy countries are rejecting the gospel, and even religion. Here in America, Americans have to seem to forget their religious heritage as they accept lewd desires of Satan such as homosexuality. During those 50 years, more and more temples have been built in the Americas than the rest of the world. many people would assume that if the Times of the Gentiles end soon, less temples would be built. Right? That is completely wrong. As we approach the very end of the times, many more temples will be built all over the world at an alarming rate. The church’s new programs of today are preparing the members of the church for a great change. A change they’ll have to deal with. :-w

Worldwide Missionary Efforts: The past 17 years has been very busy for missionaries of the church. From serving in the disease-ridden Africa to the depths of the jungles in Brazil, missionaries have constantly been at work. There are countries that do not accept the proselytizing of the church, but accept the services, such as disaster relief funds and assistance. Services from church members around the world could possibly soften the hearts of the rulers or leaders in all parts of the world and open the gospel up to more countries. The church has also had a hard time proselytizing in Africa due to a lack of resources needed to transport and take care of the missionaries; and to get to small villages. And don’t forget that the majority of the continent is full of “heathen religion” worshipers. The continuing struggle for proselytization in Africa has yet to continue, but will get better as the church grows bigger with wealth.

Surefire Signs of The end of The Times of The Gentiles:
1. The Book of Mormon play: Mocks the church, but the church takes it as an opportunity to preach the gospel.
2. Social media: Multiple LDS church pages and Apostles to follow
3. Advertisements: For example, there are #PrinceofPeace ads in Times Square
4. Official websites of the church: Many resources for curious investigators
5. Church apps: Easily access scriptures, ward info, and more on official apps
6. New programs: New programs for the youth and more non-member involvement

But the problem is… Non members/investigators aren’t really using these sources. Most of them are using ex-Mormon accounts first! With all of these blessings and hastening of the Lord’s work, unbelieving gentiles reject it! :ymsigh:

What will happen when these times end? Literally all Hell will break loose. When everyone is warned to follow and accept the gospel, whether through missionaries, church, online, or any other source. The Times of The Gentiles will end. That’s when we see the moon turning to blood and one third of the stars not giving their light, and more. The Lord then begins to “preach his [mine] own sermons to the nations of the earth.” This will be of greater magnitude than ever seen before on Earth since Christ died. This is when the gentiles will really start to suffer because of their wickedness. :-ss

After the wicked gentiles have suffered enough around the world, American society will start to collapse. The second Civil War will start in Chicago with riots and mobery would spread to all other states, and all of the Western Hemisphere. This is when towns and cities will plunge into darkness with gangs, riots, murderers, and more. The wicked will literally kill each other off, but pay no attention to the righteous hiding in their homes. A year into the collapse, it would be very similar to The Purge. Law enforcement would’ve also fallen by then… Then the PLAGUE will happen when the Lord decides its time. As in Wilford Woodruff’s dream of the plague, it will have all cities in the Americas without inhabitants. The plague will be highly contagious and people will eat each other and drink each-other's blood. :(( :ymdevil:

Will it affect you and me? yes; it will deeply affect you, I, and everyone on Earth for that matter; your personal life as well as society life. And the results vary depending on how righteous you are, that is. Families with patriarchs who hold the Melchizedek Priesthood will fare better than families with the lessor or no priesthood. When the disasters come and all Hell breaks loose, the homes of the righteous will tend to survive more of the Lord’s judgments; but all flesh is subject to suffer one-way or-another. :ymsigh:

How can I prepare for the “best time in world history” to end? The best time in world history is NOW! This is when you have an abundance of blessings in your life that lets you prepare for hard times ahead. So prepare while you can! It won’t last forever. Study scriptures every night, pray every night, follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost and live your life as if Christ is coming tomorrow. Because he’s coming- SOON! O:-) O:-)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Re: End of The Times of The Gentiles

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am This is about as simple as I can go with this. I hope you understand it
Well gee I hope so too! Was that an insult on my intellect or yours? TOTALLY KIDDING :o) Seriously, thanks for the thought provoking thread - questions:

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am Surefire Signs of The end of The Times of The Gentiles:
1. The Book of Mormon play: Mocks the church, but the church takes it as an opportunity to preach the gospel.

But the problem is… Non members/investigators aren’t really using these sources. Most of them are using ex-Mormon accounts first! With all of these blessings and hastening of the Lord’s work, unbelieving gentiles reject it! :ymsigh:
How are the above surefire signs of the end times? For example, "official websites of the church - many resources for curious investigators, etc." -- Do you mean that the gentiles have all the access they could ever need which will stand as a witness against them?

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am After the wicked gentiles have suffered enough around the world, American society will start to collapse. The second Civil War will start in Chicago with riots and mobery would spread to all other states, and all of the Western Hemisphere. This is when towns and cities will plunge into darkness with gangs, riots, murderers, and more. The wicked will literally kill each other off, but pay no attention to the righteous hiding in their homes. A year into the collapse, it would be very similar to The Purge. Law enforcement would’ve also fallen by then… Then the PLAGUE will happen when the Lord decides its time. As in Wilford Woodruff’s dream of the plague, it will have all cities in the Americas without inhabitants. The plague will be highly contagious and people will eat each other and drink each-other's blood. :(( :ymdevil:
I'm not saying the second civil war won't start and won't start in Chicago - but what's your reference here? In my very humble opinion sources should be cited for such declarations even if it's, "I personally feel" or "Based on personal revelation" - thank you

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am Will it affect you and me? yes; it will deeply affect you, I, and everyone on Earth for that matter; your personal life as well as society life. And the results vary depending on how righteous you are, that is. Families with patriarchs who hold the Melchizedek Priesthood will fare better than families with the lessor or no priesthood. When the disasters come and all Hell breaks loose, the homes of the righteous will tend to survive more of the Lord’s judgments; but all flesh is subject to suffer one-way or-another. :ymsigh:
The saints will hardly escape (see below) - however the pattern from the OT through the last dispensation is the Lord will always lead his righteous to safety before his judgments fully descend upon the wicked. Hardly escape is still escape! So be righteous ;)
D&C 63:34 And the saints also shall hardly escape; nevertheless, I, the Lord, am with them, and will come down in heaven from the presence of my Father and consume the wicked with unquenchable fire.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 11:07 am
Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am This is about as simple as I can go with this. I hope you understand it
Well gee I hope so too! Was that an insult on my intellect or yours? TOTALLY KIDDING :o) Seriously, thanks for the thought provoking thread - questions:

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am Surefire Signs of The end of The Times of The Gentiles:

How are the above surefire signs of the end times? For example, "official websites of the church - many resources for curious investigators, etc." -- Do you mean that the gentiles have all the access they could ever need which will stand as a witness against them?

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am After the wicked gentiles have suffered enough around the world, American society will start to collapse. The second Civil War will start in Chicago with riots and mobery would spread to all other states, and all of the Western Hemisphere. This is when towns and cities will plunge into darkness with gangs, riots, murderers, and more. The wicked will literally kill each other off, but pay no attention to the righteous hiding in their homes. A year into the collapse, it would be very similar to The Purge. Law enforcement would’ve also fallen by then… Then the PLAGUE will happen when the Lord decides its time. As in Wilford Woodruff’s dream of the plague, it will have all cities in the Americas without inhabitants. The plague will be highly contagious and people will eat each other and drink each-other's blood. :(( :ymdevil:
I'm not saying the second civil war won't start and won't start in Chicago - but what's your reference here? In my very humble opinion sources should be cited for such declarations even if it's, "I personally feel" or "Based on personal revelation" - thank you

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:09 am Will it affect you and me? yes; it will deeply affect you, I, and everyone on Earth for that matter; your personal life as well as society life. And the results vary depending on how righteous you are, that is. Families with patriarchs who hold the Melchizedek Priesthood will fare better than families with the lessor or no priesthood. When the disasters come and all Hell breaks loose, the homes of the righteous will tend to survive more of the Lord’s judgments; but all flesh is subject to suffer one-way or-another. :ymsigh:
The saints will hardly escape (see below) - however the pattern from the OT through the last dispensation is the Lord will always lead his righteous to safety before his judgments fully descend upon the wicked. Hardly escape is still escape! So be righteous ;)
D&C 63:34 And the saints also shall hardly escape; nevertheless, I, the Lord, am with them, and will come down in heaven from the presence of my Father and consume the wicked with unquenchable fire.

Thanks for the response :)! With all of the information the Gentiles have about the church, it WILL stand against them when the judgments come. I read somewhere on this forum that the Second Civil War would start in Chicago. They provided a link for proof but I can’t find the thread lol. And as for the last comment is you are right. “The Lord will always lead his righteous to safety before his judgments fully descend upon the wicked” is what you said. You are right and it seems like the whole “call-out” to the Rockies is a very real thing. All righteous people could be called to the Rockies before the Times of The Gentiles ends, or something like that.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 11:59 am Thanks for the response :)! With all of the information the Gentiles have about the church, it WILL stand against them when the judgments come.
I've often thought about this ... as a missionary I've wondered if my knocking on doors and drumming up conversations with strangers counts as a "chance" given by the Lord during the time of the gentiles. The path to discover the truth is so easy and there are so few who take it.
D&C 132:22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.
As I've watched nearly a dozen 9/23 youtube videos, some are better than others, but the general consensus seems to be among both the creators of these videos and those who leave comments that 9/23 is the rapture. So I took it upon myself to leave invitations to follow Moroni's promise once 9/23 comes and goes w/o much rapturing. The replies I receive are comical and remind me very much what it was like knocking on doors in Texas.

"I AM A CHRISTIAN!!!!" *DOOR SLAM*

Christian eh? Methinks thou doth not understandeth the term :-?

Anyway, the majority of churches in the Bible Belt seem to be competing for popular acceptance by preaching what is pleasing to the ears, and I believe this rapture idea -- that those who have accepted Christ (not actually done anything for Him - just accept Him) will be magically whisked away before the trials begin. I've also asked in these youtube threads - show me in the Bible where God saves his people before the trials begin?

So the point I'm building up to ... there are those who truly seek Him - those that put their personal wants and whims on the altar, ready to sacrifice them should the Lord show them a way that conflicts with their desires or their understanding. I had many experiences like this on my mission--My senior companion prayed and knew we were supposed to find someone on a particular street. We knocked and found them in short order - the husband prayed that the Lord woulds save him from being arrested and he would give his life to the Lord. We showed up very shortly after and he and his wife knew we were the answer to his prayers. The spirit was super strong, and we saw eye-to-eye with them on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. Still, when the trials came, and they always do, they were unable to withstand the fire and were not baptized.

Certainly the witness against them will be stronger against most. Still, these masses of "christians" who believe the rapture is imminent ... if there is any sizeable portion of them who think the rapture will happen on 9/23, then how ironic will it be if that's when the time of the gentiles comes to an end??? And the basis of their belief system ... "I believe what is pleasing to me" will witness against them at the last day.
Last edited by Alaris on August 7th, 2017, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Is this what u r after?
a letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser on July 24, 1896:

“… My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860′s between the North and the South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short and concise manner as possible.”

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

dafty wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:50 pm Is this what u r after?

“… My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860′s between the North and the South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short and concise manner as possible.”
For 1896 hearsay, that comment about the deprecation of the currency certainly sends a chill down the spine. :-s

I picked a good week to rebuild my food storage!

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Do you really expect needing it any time soon? ...2 short feathers before "a major event", isnt it? that should give us all plenty of time,or is it called procrastinating? =)) :-o

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Yes thanks :)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

dafty wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:16 pm

Do you really expect needing it any time soon? ...2 short feathers before "a major event", isnt it? that should give us all plenty of time,or is it called procrastinating? =)) :-o
I'm taking a page out of the book of Joseph ... if BeNotDeceived is right about 7 years of aplenty....then now's a great time. If he's wrong...it's a "better" time. ;) :ymparty:

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:49 pm
Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 11:59 am Thanks for the response :)! With all of the information the Gentiles have about the church, it WILL stand against them when the judgments come.
I've often thought about this ... as a missionary I've wondered if my knocking on doors and drumming up conversations with strangers counts as a "chance" given by the Lord during the time of the gentiles. The path to discover the truth is so easy and there are so few who take it.
D&C 132:22 For strait is the gate, and narrow the way that leadeth unto the exaltation and continuation of the lives, and few there be that find it, because ye receive me not in the world neither do ye know me.
As I've watched nearly a dozen 9/23 youtube videos, some are better than others, but the general consensus seems to be among both the creators of these videos and those who leave comments that 9/23 is the rapture. So I took it upon myself to leave invitations to follow Moroni's promise once 9/23 comes and goes w/o much rapturing. The replies I receive are comical and remind me very much what it was like knocking on doors in Texas.

Anyway, the majority of churches in the Bible Belt seem to be competing for popular acceptance by preaching what is pleasing to the ears, and I believe this rapture idea -- that those who have accepted Christ (not actually done anything for Him - just accept Him) will be magically whisked away before the trials begin. I've also asked in these youtube threads - show me in the Bible where God saves his people before the trials begin?

So the point I'm building up to ... there are those who truly seek Him - those that put their personal wants and whims on the altar, ready to sacrifice them should the Lord show them a way that conflicts with their desires or their understanding. I had many experiences like this on my mission--My senior companion prayed and knew we were supposed to find someone on a particular street. We knocked and found them in short order - the husband prayed that the Lord woulds save him from being arrested and he would give his life to the Lord. We showed up very shortly after and he and his wife knew we were the answer to his prayers. The spirit was super strong, and we saw eye-to-eye with them on the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. Still, when the trials came, and they always do, they were unable to withstand the fire and were not baptized.

Certainly the witness against them will be stronger against most. Still, these masses of "christians" who believe the rapture is imminent ... if there is any sizeable portion of them who think the rapture will happen on 9/23, then how ironic will it be if that's when the time of the gentiles comes to an end??? And the basis of their belief system ... "I believe what is pleasing to me" will witness against them at the last day.

Escpecially the last paragraph is interesting. I highly doubt that TTOTGs will end on 23.09, but it would be cool if it did. As for other Christian churches, Joseph Smith told us in D&C that other churches want to “build up and get gain” in the last days.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:24 pm

Escpecially the last paragraph is interesting. I highly doubt that TTOTGs will end on 23.09, but it would be cool if it did. As for other Christian churches, Joseph Smith told us in D&C that other churches want to “build up and get gain” in the last days.
I lay out the case here:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html

All my articles on the site (so far) lay the foundation for the case---that the sign on 9/23 marks the ascension of a level 6 soul to join the ranks of level seven souls, "Born" into heavenly royalty. The Davidic Servant's mission is one of justice rather than mercy, which is why I believe it marks the end of the time of the gentiles. James 1:5 it.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

So I guess the only question now is whether DS will have a 7 year prep period in similitude of what happened with JS which coincidently would allow for both 7 years of plenty and esdras eagle prophecy to be fulfilled...or I better stop eating them crisps from my food storage and save them for soon after 9/23 =)) :-o

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 1:49 pm

I lay out the case here:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html

All my articles on the site (so far) lay the foundation for the case---that the sign on 9/23 marks the ascension of a level 6 soul to join the ranks of level seven souls, "Born" into heavenly royalty. The Davidic Servant's mission is one of justice rather than mercy, which is why I believe it marks the end of the time of the gentiles. James 1:5 it.
I read nearly the whole thing, but I’m still kind of confused. What is the Davidic servant supposed to do?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 2:30 pm I read nearly the whole thing, but I’m still kind of confused. What is the Davidic servant supposed to do?
I'm glad you asked! I had about 4-5 ideas on my next blog, but I received an impression to write about "The Temporal Messiah." There are a ton of threads on LDSFF about the Davidic Servant. Some think it will be Christ. However, I am convinced it is a being that will ascend to a new spiritual level. After coming to this conclusion based off my own personal study and revelation (see what I did there?) I learned that Gileadi basically teaches the same thing about the Davidic Servant ascending from being a conditional servant to an unconditional son. This is the 6th promise given in the Book of Revelation for overcoming:
Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
This is why the sign on 9/32 is a sign of royal birth in my very humble estimation. Still, I have not answered your question. The Davidic Servant is mentioned in every single body of scripture--The Book of Mormon, the D&C, the POGP, the OT, and the NT. Yet, most LDS have no idea who he is. Oh the great irony! The temporal messiah will come and there will be but few ready to receive him. Most will reject him. Sound familiar? Still, his mission is one of justice rather than mercy. The great irony of parallel ministries will end as the Lord shows to the world whom He has chosen in power. Power is a word often used to associate the Davidic Servant.

Still, I have not answered your question. I will focus my next blog on answering your question, and detailing this great parallel irony to the spiritual messiah's first coming. Here are some scriptures to answer your question from each standard work:

OLD TESTAMENT
Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
Both the temporal and eternal nature of his mission is outlined in Ezekiel 37.

NEW TESTAMENT
Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
This is the message of the Lord to the sixth angel over the sixth church. I believe the Davidic Servant is the highest-ranking level six being over the seraphim & the 144,000. His promised crown is mention, as is the fact that the Jews will be shown how the Lord loves this servant as they worship before his feet. This almost certainly has not happened yet.

BOOK OF MORMON
2 Nephi 3:24 And there shall rise up one mighty among them, who shall do much good, both in word and in deed, being an instrument in the hands of God, with exceeding faith, to work mighty wonders, and do that thing which is great in the sight of God, unto the bringing to pass much restoration unto the house of Israel, and unto the seed of thy brethren.
DOCTRINE & COVENANTS
D&C 86:7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;
PEARL OF GREAT PRICE
Moses 7:62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
Nearly every example above shows that the task of the one mighty and strong is to gather Israel. No small feat. How is it that so few know about this servant? Unless this is the Lord's design as it was His design that few knew of His birth and half-mortal ministry.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm
Z2100 wrote: August 7th, 2017, 2:30 pm I read nearly the whole thing, but I’m still kind of confused. What is the Davidic servant supposed to do?
I'm glad you asked! I had about 4-5 ideas on my next blog, but I received an impression to write about "The Temporal Messiah." There are a ton of threads on LDSFF about the Davidic Servant. Some think it will be Christ. However, I am convinced it is a being that will ascend to a new spiritual level. After coming to this conclusion based off my own personal study and revelation (see what I did there?) I learned that Gileadi basically teaches the same thing about the Davidic Servant ascending from being a conditional servant to an unconditional son. This is the 6th promise given in the Book of Revelation for overcoming:
Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
This is why the sign on 9/32 is a sign of royal birth in my very humble estimation. Still, I have not answered your question. The Davidic Servant is mentioned in every single body of scripture--The Book of Mormon, the D&C, the POGP, the OT, and the NT. Yet, most LDS have no idea who he is. Oh the great irony! The temporal messiah will come and there will be but few ready to receive him. Most will reject him. Sound familiar? Still, his mission is one of justice rather than mercy. The great irony of parallel ministries will end as the Lord shows to the world whom He has chosen in power. Power is a word often used to associate the Davidic Servant.

Still, I have not answered your question. I will focus my next blog on answering your question, and detailing this great parallel irony to the spiritual messiah's first coming. Here are some scriptures to answer your question from each standard work:

OLD TESTAMENT
Ezekiel 37:22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children’s children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

NEW TESTAMENT
Revelation 3:9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.
This is the message of the Lord to the sixth angel over the sixth church. I believe the Davidic Servant is the highest-ranking level six being over the seraphim & the 144,000. His promised crown is mention, as is the fact that the Jews will be shown how the Lord loves this servant as they worship before his feet. This almost certainly has not happened yet.

BOOK OF MORMON
2 Nephi 3:24 And there shall rise up one mighty among them, who shall do much good, both in word and in deed, being an instrument in the hands of God, with exceeding faith, to work mighty wonders, and do that thing which is great in the sight of God, unto the bringing to pass much restoration unto the house of Israel, and unto the seed of thy brethren.
DOCTRINE & COVENANTS
D&C 86:7 And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;
PEARL OF GREAT PRICE
Moses 7:62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
Nearly every example above shows that the task of the one mighty and strong is to gather Israel. No small feat. How is it that so few know about this servant? Unless this is the Lord's design as it was His design that few knew of His birth and half-mortal ministry.
Thanks for clarifying that for me! I'll have to put this down in my notes!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Location matters more than population. Roving bands will go move about wherever they are wont to go. Being 1000 miles from everything may be the our best bet and why OTEC is such a fascination for me.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 7th, 2017, 4:46 pm Location matters more than population. Roving bands will go move about wherever they are wont to go. Being 1000 miles from everything may be the our best bet and why OTEC is such a fascination for me.
It makes sense when we talk about going to the Rockies

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:53 pm

For 1896 hearsay, that comment about the deprecation of the currency certainly sends a chill down the spine. :-s

I picked a good week to rebuild my food storage!
There were some serious economic problems and financial crises in the 1890's, so I'm not sure why this is a surprise. It is third hand and it's about 50 years later. I'd say there's good reason to question the accuracy of this claim.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Many false prophets have claimed to be the 'one mighty and strong'. Ever since Denver Snuffer claimed his name was changed to 'David', I've heard more talk about a 'Davidic Servant'. I think members should be wary of looking for a strongman type to come save them. We're supposed to be looking to our Savior and his second coming, not earthly 'saviors'. The anti christ will be one of these--an earthly savior.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

AI2.0 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 6:33 pm Many false prophets have claimed to be the 'one mighty and strong'. Ever since Denver Snuffer claimed his name was changed to 'David', I've heard more talk about a 'Davidic Servant'. I think members should be wary of looking for a strongman type to come save them. We're supposed to be looking to our Savior and his second coming, not earthly 'saviors'. The anti christ will be one of these--an earthly savior.
    The end times servant is mentioned in every body of the standard works. Moroni himself refers to Isaiah 11 saying it will be fulfilled. The D&C defines the root and rod as end times servants. Of course we should be looking out for them. And of course we should look to Christ. The fact there are so many claiming to be the mighty and strong is evidence the adversary of trying to thwart the one mighty and strong.

simpleton
    captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

After reading the above, it seems invariably to be the case that we take the position that "we" (in the church) are righteous and " they" (out of the church) are wicked, and that the judgements will be upon those outside of the church. But as I view things scripturally judgements begin with us.

Moroni 8:

23 Search the prophecies of Isaiah. Behold, I cannot write them. Yea, behold I say unto you, that those saints who have gone before me, who have possessed this land, shall cry, yea, even from the dust will they cry unto the Lord; and as the Lord liveth he will remember the covenant which he hath made with them.

24 And he knoweth their prayers, that they were in behalf of their brethren. And he knoweth their faith, for in his name could they remove mountains; and in his name could they cause the earth to shake; and by the power of his word did they cause prisons to tumble to the earth; yea, even the fiery furnace could not harm them, neither wild beasts nor poisonous serpents, because of the power of his word.

25 And behold, their prayers were also in behalf of him that the Lord should suffer to bring these things forth.

26 And no one need say they shall not come, for they surely shall, for the Lord hath spoken it; for out of the earth shall they come, by the hand of the Lord, and none can stay it; and it shall come in a day when it shall be said that miracles are done away; and it shall come even as if one should speak from the dead.

27 And it shall come in a day when the blood of saints shall cry unto the Lord, because of secret combinations and the works of darkness.

28 Yea, it shall come in a day when the power of God shall be denied, and churches become defiled and be lifted up in the pride of their hearts; yea, even in a day when leaders of churches and teachers shall rise in the pride of their hearts, even to the envying of them who belong to their churches.

29 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be heard of fires, and tempests, and vapors of smoke in foreign lands;

30 And there shall also be heard of wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places.

31 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be great pollutions upon the face of the earth; there shall be murders, and robbing, and lying, and deceivings, and whoredoms, and all manner of abominations; when there shall be many who will say, Do this, or do that, and it mattereth not, for the Lord will uphold such at the last day. But wo unto such, for they are in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity.

32 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be churches built up that shall say: Come unto me, and for your money you shall be forgiven of your sins.

33 O ye wicked and perverse and stiffnecked people, why have ye built up churches unto yourselves to get gain? Why have ye transfigured the holy word of God, that ye might bring damnation upon your souls? Behold, look ye unto the revelations of God; for behold, the time cometh at that day when all these things must be fulfilled.

34 Behold, the Lord hath shown unto me great and marvelous things concerning that which must shortly come, at that day when these things shall come forth among you.

35 Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing.

36 And I know that ye do walk in the pride of your hearts; and there are none save a few only who do not lift themselves up in the pride of their hearts, unto the wearing of very fine apparel, unto envying, and strifes, and malice, and persecutions, and all manner of iniquities; and your churches, yea, even every one, have become polluted because of the pride of your hearts.

37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.

38 O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies—because of the praise of the world?

39 Why do ye adorn yourselves with that which hath no life, and yet suffer the hungry, and the needy, and the naked, and the sick and the afflicted to pass by you, and notice them not?

40 Yea, why do ye build up your secret abominations to get gain, and cause that widows should mourn before the Lord, and also orphans to mourn before the Lord, and also the blood of their fathers and their husbands to cry unto the Lord from the ground, for vengeance upon your heads?

41 Behold, the sword of vengeance hangeth over you; and the time soon cometh that he avengeth the blood of the saints upon you, for he will not suffer their cries any longer.

1st Peter 4:
    12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator...

D&C 112:

23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.

24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord....

Just a little sampling of what I believe points directly at us.

Hogmeister
    captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 3:58 pm

OLD TESTAMENT

NEW TESTAMENT

BOOK OF MORMON
    DOCTRINE & COVENANTS
    PEARL OF GREAT PRICE
    I believe the servant is a symbol for the awesome work that the restored church have and will perform collectively in the last days. The restored church have the keys of Moses, Elias and Elijah and collectively operate under the spirit of Elias and Elijah.

Dont forget the rod and root of Jesse in D&C 113. They are both servants one more so than the other. But the rod and root are hardly single individuals but rather a nation and a people.

1 Who is the Stem of Jesse spoken of in the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, and 5th verses of the 11th chapter of Isaiah?

2 Verily thus saith the Lord: It is Christ.

3 What is the rod spoken of in the first verse of the 11th chapter of Isaiah, that should come of the Stem of Jesse?

4 Behold, thus saith the Lord: It is a servant in the hands of Christ, who is partly a descendant of Jesse as well as of Ephraim, or of the house of Joseph, on whom there is laid much power.

5 What is the root of Jesse spoken of in the 10th verse of the 11th chapter?

6 Behold, thus saith the Lord, it is a descendant of Jesse, as well as of Joseph, unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood, and the keys of the kingdom, for an ensign, and for the gathering of my people in the last days.

There is clear symbolism in the stem rod and root and later on the grafted branches.

The stem, rod and root are all connected. The rod is cut once its purpose is fulfilled to make place for grafting of other branches (lost tribes) into the root.

This is my current interpretation/understanding of the symbols (Gileadi has helped me a lot).

Stem of Jesse = Jesus Christ

Rod of Jesse = A servant in the hand of Christ but it shall be cut off = USA (and to some extent the other Christian nations)

D&C 101:80 And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.

Ether 2:8 And he had sworn in his wrath unto the brother of Jared, that whoso should possess this land of promise, from that time henceforth and forever, should serve him, the true and only God, or they should be swept off when the fulness of his wrath should come upon them.

Root of Jesse = A servant and heir and what will remain after the rod (USA and other Christian nations) is cut = The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

1 Nephi 21:3 And said unto me: Thou art my servant, O Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Branch = The branch that will be grafted into the root of Jesse after the rod is cut is symbolizing the lost tribes of Israel returning to Christ.
    Last edited by Hogmeister on August 16th, 2017, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hogmeister
    captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

simpleton wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:15 am After reading the above, it seems invariably to be the case that we take the position that "we" (in the church) are righteous and " they" (out of the church) are wicked, and that the judgements will be upon those outside of the church. But as I view things scripturally judgements begin with us.

Moroni 8:

23 Search the prophecies of Isaiah. Behold, I cannot write them. Yea, behold I say unto you, that those saints who have gone before me, who have possessed this land, shall cry, yea, even from the dust will they cry unto the Lord; and as the Lord liveth he will remember the covenant which he hath made with them.

24 And he knoweth their prayers, that they were in behalf of their brethren. And he knoweth their faith, for in his name could they remove mountains; and in his name could they cause the earth to shake; and by the power of his word did they cause prisons to tumble to the earth; yea, even the fiery furnace could not harm them, neither wild beasts nor poisonous serpents, because of the power of his word.

25 And behold, their prayers were also in behalf of him that the Lord should suffer to bring these things forth.

26 And no one need say they shall not come, for they surely shall, for the Lord hath spoken it; for out of the earth shall they come, by the hand of the Lord, and none can stay it; and it shall come in a day when it shall be said that miracles are done away; and it shall come even as if one should speak from the dead.

27 And it shall come in a day when the blood of saints shall cry unto the Lord, because of secret combinations and the works of darkness.

28 Yea, it shall come in a day when the power of God shall be denied, and churches become defiled and be lifted up in the pride of their hearts; yea, even in a day when leaders of churches and teachers shall rise in the pride of their hearts, even to the envying of them who belong to their churches.

29 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be heard of fires, and tempests, and vapors of smoke in foreign lands;

30 And there shall also be heard of wars, rumors of wars, and earthquakes in divers places.

31 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be great pollutions upon the face of the earth; there shall be murders, and robbing, and lying, and deceivings, and whoredoms, and all manner of abominations; when there shall be many who will say, Do this, or do that, and it mattereth not, for the Lord will uphold such at the last day. But wo unto such, for they are in the gall of bitterness and in the bonds of iniquity.

32 Yea, it shall come in a day when there shall be churches built up that shall say: Come unto me, and for your money you shall be forgiven of your sins.

33 O ye wicked and perverse and stiffnecked people, why have ye built up churches unto yourselves to get gain? Why have ye transfigured the holy word of God, that ye might bring damnation upon your souls? Behold, look ye unto the revelations of God; for behold, the time cometh at that day when all these things must be fulfilled.

34 Behold, the Lord hath shown unto me great and marvelous things concerning that which must shortly come, at that day when these things shall come forth among you.

35 Behold, I speak unto you as if ye were present, and yet ye are not. But behold, Jesus Christ hath shown you unto me, and I know your doing.

36 And I know that ye do walk in the pride of your hearts; and there are none save a few only who do not lift themselves up in the pride of their hearts, unto the wearing of very fine apparel, unto envying, and strifes, and malice, and persecutions, and all manner of iniquities; and your churches, yea, even every one, have become polluted because of the pride of your hearts.

37 For behold, ye do love money, and your substance, and your fine apparel, and the adorning of your churches, more than ye love the poor and the needy, the sick and the afflicted.

38 O ye pollutions, ye hypocrites, ye teachers, who sell yourselves for that which will canker, why have ye polluted the holy church of God? Why are ye ashamed to take upon you the name of Christ? Why do ye not think that greater is the value of an endless happiness than that misery which never dies—because of the praise of the world?

39 Why do ye adorn yourselves with that which hath no life, and yet suffer the hungry, and the needy, and the naked, and the sick and the afflicted to pass by you, and notice them not?

40 Yea, why do ye build up your secret abominations to get gain, and cause that widows should mourn before the Lord, and also orphans to mourn before the Lord, and also the blood of their fathers and their husbands to cry unto the Lord from the ground, for vengeance upon your heads?

41 Behold, the sword of vengeance hangeth over you; and the time soon cometh that he avengeth the blood of the saints upon you, for he will not suffer their cries any longer.

1st Peter 4:
    12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 16Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 17For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 18And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 19Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator...

D&C 112:

23 Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face.

24 Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord.

25 And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord;

26 First among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord....

Just a little sampling of what I believe points directly at us.
    It points at the rod of Jesse not the root. Make sure you belong to the root of Jesse.

AI2.0
    captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

alaris wrote: August 14th, 2017, 7:25 pm
      AI2.0 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 6:33 pm Many false prophets have claimed to be the 'one mighty and strong'. Ever since Denver Snuffer claimed his name was changed to 'David', I've heard more talk about a 'Davidic Servant'. I think members should be wary of looking for a strongman type to come save them. We're supposed to be looking to our Savior and his second coming, not earthly 'saviors'. The anti christ will be one of these--an earthly savior.
      The end times servant is mentioned in every body of the standard works. Moroni himself refers to Isaiah 11 saying it will be fulfilled. The D&C defines the root and rod as end times servants. Of course we should be looking out for them. And of course we should look to Christ. The fact there are so many claiming to be the mighty and strong is evidence the adversary of trying to thwart the one mighty and strong.
      A lot of stuff is being cobbled together lately and mixed with scriptures, dreams, visions and new interpretations. That's what I'm noticing. The Davidic servant--who has always been recognized as a leader among the Jews, is now being interpreted as a leader to LDS. The one mighty and strong, is supposed to be the one to organize and give the saints their stewardships under consecration. Now, people are claiming them to be all kinds of different end time leaders. I think it's Satan's influence that people tend to gravitate to strong men, to leaders--earthly Saviors, but these people are not what we should be looking toward--we should be looking for the Savior to come. Considering that we are expecting the Anti christ to show up before the second coming, I would be very wary of following any man, no matter what he claims to be.

Alaris
      Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 7:03 pm
      alaris wrote: August 14th, 2017, 7:25 pm
        A lot of stuff is being cobbled together lately and mixed with scriptures, dreams, visions and new interpretations. That's what I'm noticing. The Davidic servant--who has always been recognized as a leader among the Jews, is now being interpreted as a leader to LDS. The one mighty and strong, is supposed to be the one to organize and give the saints their stewardships under consecration. Now, people are claiming them to be all kinds of different end time leaders. I think it's Satan's influence that people tend to gravitate to strong men, to leaders--earthly Saviors, but these people are not what we should be looking toward--we should be looking for the Savior to come. Considering that we are expecting the Anti christ to show up before the second coming, I would be very wary of following any man, no matter what he claims to be.
        He will inherit the throne of David and you will not be looking for him? David was not king of the Jews but King of Israel. So if you are looking for Christ and ignore His servants then you may not be standing where you need to be when He comes.

"the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage" (TPJS, p. 339)