End of The Times of The Gentiles

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.

How badly will your home town/city suffer after the Times of The Gentiles end?

Extreme suffering: complete annihilation of cities
27%
Moderate suffering: major natural disasters destroy 1/3 or more of city/town
27%
Low Suffering: The usual- floods, tornadoes, etc
20%
Almost no suffering: Usually for very small towns and villages
27%

Total votes: 30
Still Learning
captain of 100

Re: End of The Times of The Gentiles

Post by Still Learning »

AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 7:03 pm
alaris wrote: August 14th, 2017, 7:25 pm
    AI2.0 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 6:33 pm Many false prophets have claimed to be the 'one mighty and strong'. Ever since Denver Snuffer claimed his name was changed to 'David', I've heard more talk about a 'Davidic Servant'. I think members should be wary of looking for a strongman type to come save them. We're supposed to be looking to our Savior and his second coming, not earthly 'saviors'. The anti christ will be one of these--an earthly savior.
    The end times servant is mentioned in every body of the standard works. Moroni himself refers to Isaiah 11 saying it will be fulfilled. The D&C defines the root and rod as end times servants. Of course we should be looking out for them. And of course we should look to Christ. The fact there are so many claiming to be the mighty and strong is evidence the adversary of trying to thwart the one mighty and strong.
    A lot of stuff is being cobbled together lately and mixed with scriptures, dreams, visions and new interpretations. That's what I'm noticing. The Davidic servant--who has always been recognized as a leader among the Jews, is now being interpreted as a leader to LDS. The one mighty and strong, is supposed to be the one to organize and give the saints their stewardships under consecration. Now, people are claiming them to be all kinds of different end time leaders. I think it's Satan's influence that people tend to gravitate to strong men, to leaders--earthly Saviors, but these people are not what we should be looking toward--we should be looking for the Savior to come. Considering that we are expecting the Anti christ to show up before the second coming, I would be very wary of following any man, no matter what he claims to be.
    How important is it going to be to be able to recognize the spirit and to receive personal revelation as more and more false Christs and false servants of Christ show up proclaiming to be the real deal? How important will it be to know the scriptures and have an understanding of them as these prophecies are fulfilled so that we aren't deceived? We are told that Elias will prepare the way for Christ to come. He will restore all things. Are all things restored yet? He will gather the tribes of Israel. Joseph Smith said John the revelator was with them preparing them. John also never tasted of death. I believe it will be John who is the Elias spoken of. Many things match up to indicate such in the scriptures as well as statements by JS. I can put this together when I have time so that you can see where I am coming from.

Alaris
    Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Still Learning wrote: August 16th, 2017, 12:42 am
    AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 7:03 pm
    alaris wrote: August 14th, 2017, 7:25 pm
      AI2.0 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 6:33 pm Many false prophets have claimed to be the 'one mighty and strong'. Ever since Denver Snuffer claimed his name was changed to 'David', I've heard more talk about a 'Davidic Servant'. I think members should be wary of looking for a strongman type to come save them. We're supposed to be looking to our Savior and his second coming, not earthly 'saviors'. The anti christ will be one of these--an earthly savior.
      The end times servant is mentioned in every body of the standard works. Moroni himself refers to Isaiah 11 saying it will be fulfilled. The D&C defines the root and rod as end times servants. Of course we should be looking out for them. And of course we should look to Christ. The fact there are so many claiming to be the mighty and strong is evidence the adversary of trying to thwart the one mighty and strong.
      A lot of stuff is being cobbled together lately and mixed with scriptures, dreams, visions and new interpretations. That's what I'm noticing. The Davidic servant--who has always been recognized as a leader among the Jews, is now being interpreted as a leader to LDS. The one mighty and strong, is supposed to be the one to organize and give the saints their stewardships under consecration. Now, people are claiming them to be all kinds of different end time leaders. I think it's Satan's influence that people tend to gravitate to strong men, to leaders--earthly Saviors, but these people are not what we should be looking toward--we should be looking for the Savior to come. Considering that we are expecting the Anti christ to show up before the second coming, I would be very wary of following any man, no matter what he claims to be.
      How important is it going to be to be able to recognize the spirit and to receive personal revelation as more and more false Christs and false servants of Christ show up proclaiming to be the real deal? How important will it be to know the scriptures and have an understanding of them as these prophecies are fulfilled so that we aren't deceived? We are told that Elias will prepare the way for Christ to come. He will restore all things. Are all things restored yet? He will gather the tribes of Israel. Joseph Smith said John the revelator was with them preparing them. John also never tasted of death. I believe it will be John who is the Elias spoken of. Many things match up to indicate such in the scriptures as well as statements by JS. I can put this together when I have time so that you can see where I am coming from.
      Great post Doc.

John was told in Revelation he would testify again before nations:
      Revelation 10:11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Z2100
      captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

AI2.0 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 6:29 pm
      alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:53 pm
      dafty wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:50 pm Is this what u r after?
      a letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser on July 24, 1896:

“… My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860′s between the North and the South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short and concise manner as possible.”
      For 1896 hearsay, that comment about the deprecation of the currency certainly sends a chill down the spine. :-s

I picked a good week to rebuild my food storage!
      There were some serious economic problems and financial crises in the 1890's, so I'm not sure why this is a surprise. It is third hand and it's about 50 years later. I'd say there's good reason to question the accuracy of this claim.
      In 1896, Chicago wasn't that big at all compared to tdoay. Chicago today is bascially a metropolis.

BeNotDeceived
      Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

alaris wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:53 pm
      dafty wrote: August 7th, 2017, 12:50 pm Is this what u r after?
      a letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser on July 24, 1896:

“… My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860′s between the North and the South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short and concise manner as possible.”
      For 1896 hearsay, that comment about the deprecation of the currency certainly sends a chill down the spine. :-s

I picked a good week to rebuild my food storage!
      It is impossible to devalue a KWHr. :ymhug:

Fuel and Food as a subset of work/energy will always retain value so long as they remain fit for service. Image

Z2100
      captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 7th, 2017, 4:46 pm Location matters more than population. Roving bands will go move about wherever they are wont to go. Being 1000 miles from everything may be the our best bet and why OTEC is such a fascination for me.
      The Rocky Mountains is the perfect place. I know a place in Yellowstone to hide-out ;)

Alaris
      Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Z2100 wrote: August 17th, 2017, 10:53 pm
      BeNotDeceived wrote: August 7th, 2017, 4:46 pm Location matters more than population. Roving bands will go move about wherever they are wont to go. Being 1000 miles from everything may be the our best bet and why OTEC is such a fascination for me.
      The Rocky Mountains is the perfect place. I know a place in Yellowstone to hide-out ;)
      Lol. Wait are you serious? A Super volcano is not where I'm heading ;)

BeNotDeceived
      Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

alaris wrote: August 17th, 2017, 10:55 pm
      Z2100 wrote: August 17th, 2017, 10:53 pm
      Lol. Wait are you serious? A Super volcano is not where I'm heading ;)

This one's not so super, but it's named Pagan :ymdevil: (pronounced paw-gawn)

OTEC will make tropical Island's the best place to weather the storms when TSHF. =))

Hogmeister
      captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

LDS Anarchist wrote: August 18th, 2017, 6:23 pm
      And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. (Matthew 17:10-11)
      It is useless to talk of the end times, or even the end of the times of the Gentiles, etc., because nothing starts (or ends) without Elias. The Elias who restores all things must first come. He is the first sign. The restoration of all things hasn't even started yet, and yet there are threads like this on this forum. Talk about jumping the gun!

You must factor in Elias, otherwise all predictions made about the end times and the times of the Gentiles being fulfilled, etc., will be incorrect.
      The keys and spirit of Elias and Elijah have been working diligently since 1830. We are approaching the winding up scene of the times of the Gentiles.

Silver Pie
      seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I'm surprised how many people on the poll seem to think there will not be extreme suffering. The scriptures are very plain that the Gentiles who are not repentant will be destroyed. The Lamanite/Nephite society and the Jaredite society are held up in the Book of Mormon as examples of what will happen to us if we don't repent. We have been promised total destruction, with the possible exception of a very few who repent and are numbered with the repentant descendants of Lehi. I fear the time is very short, and that the day will come when we find ourselves needing to take up the sword or die, and we will wonder why God is not answering our pleas for safety, being totally ignorant that our verbal and physical and emotional violence with each other is what has damned us and destroyed us.

Silver Pie
      seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Hogmeister wrote: August 19th, 2017, 4:40 am The keys and spirit of Elias and Elijah have been working diligently since 1830. We are approaching the winding up scene of the times of the Gentiles.
      Not sure about Elijah (I doubt the story we are told about him returning. As Joseph Smith said, even up to about a month before he (Joseph) died, that the coming of Elijah was in the future), but I am sure that Joseph Smith was an Elias. An elias is a forerunner, and surely he was a forerunner for Christ (if the Gentiles would have accepted Him).

Hogmeister
      captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Silver Pie wrote: August 19th, 2017, 5:14 pm
      Hogmeister wrote: August 19th, 2017, 4:40 am The keys and spirit of Elias and Elijah have been working diligently since 1830. We are approaching the winding up scene of the times of the Gentiles.
      Not sure about Elijah (I doubt the story we are told about him returning. As Joseph Smith said, even up to about a month before he (Joseph) died, that the coming of Elijah was in the future), but I am sure that Joseph Smith was an Elias. An elias is a forerunner, and surely he was a forerunner for Christ (if the Gentiles would have accepted Him).
      The keys and spirit of Elijah is the completion of the temple ordinances. The temple was not complete with all its ordinances until after JS was martyred but JS taught in depth about the work/mission of Elias, Elijah and Messiah. Look it up.