Something big brewing?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: Something big brewing?

Post by Michelle »

Arenera wrote: August 17th, 2017, 6:58 pm
Michelle wrote: August 17th, 2017, 5:18 pm
wetnoodle wrote: August 17th, 2017, 4:31 pm
I am one of the first people to agree we shouldn't be eating so much meat. I take the Lord at his word and only eat it in winter (and should cold or famine become an issue I would do it then too.) and that sparingly.
Hijack your own thread!!

It was entertaining until PETA came along.
That is my quote, but I didn't intend to hijack the thread. It was Arenera who suggested being vegan would avoid war or something. (Quote below)I'm not really sure why she brought it up. But she also got rude with multiple people and just couldn't seem to stop herself from spouting her version of the WOW. I refrained for awhile, then I clarified what she was missing, as did others. Comment boards are like Sunday school. Few comment, many listen. I could only let her go on so long unchallenged. I'd hate to see anybody follow her in her manipulation of scripture.

"Postby Arenera » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Some people have recently become vegans! Saving the lives of God's creatures and understanding sparingly does not mean eating meat 3 times a day."
WoW, you would think I was Remnant!? (Did you like the pun with WoW?)

Just because someone is blond, doesn't mean they are dumb. I have interpreted the Word of Wisdom correctly. But don't believe me.

Check this site, you can get the book for $5. Read it. http://discoveringthewordofwisdom.com/

Here is a real life story: http://discoveringthewordofwisdom.com/w ... #more-4293
Already own it, already read it, already spent time on FB with her group over a year ago. I still get her emails from people submitting their stories. Like I said, I've tried it. I'm not so much trying to convince you as make sure you don't lead others astray.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Arenera wrote: August 18th, 2017, 8:17 am Very charitable of you!

But I'm not wrong in the interpretation.
See and this is where we disagree. I do not find your posts filled with charity, but rather with self righteousness and accusation. Perhaps others are reacting to the lack of charity they feel from your posts.

I don't believe you are correct in your interpretation and you continually cite sources that are some one elses interpretation of scripture.
I am chronically ill. It is because of diet with agenetic component. I spent hours on my knees in humility asking the Lord to guide me in following the Word of Wisdom after being told that would be the only way to live a normal life. In his mercy he has done so and I am healing. But the thing is, the Spirit has taught me that my version of following it doesn't look like ANYONE else's. I can't eat some vegetables and fruits. I can and should eat my home raised eggs. I can and should eat healthy plant oils because the Holy Ghost guided me to and nothing some person says because of some website is going to change that. I do take issue with you telling me I should listen to you instead of the Holy Ghost!
It is to be followed by the Spirit because our bodies are all different.
Declaring otherwise and demanding that everyone do it exactly as you do in every thread on this forum IS zealotry and only serves to push people away.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Yahtzee wrote: August 18th, 2017, 2:10 pm

See and this is where we disagree. I do not find your posts filled with charity, but rather with self righteousness and accusation. Perhaps others are reacting to the lack of charity they feel from your posts.

I don't believe you are correct in your interpretation and you continually cite sources that are some one elses interpretation of scripture.
I am chronically ill. It is because of diet with agenetic component. I spent hours on my knees in humility asking the Lord to guide me in following the Word of Wisdom after being told that would be the only way to live a normal life. In his mercy he has done so and I am healing. But the thing is, the Spirit has taught me that my version of following it doesn't look like ANYONE else's. I can't eat some vegetables and fruits. I can and should eat my home raised eggs. I can and should eat healthy plant oils because the Holy Ghost guided me to and nothing some person says because of some website is going to change that. I do take issue with you telling me I should listen to you instead of the Holy Ghost!
Declaring otherwise and demanding that everyone do it exactly as you do in every thread on this forum IS zealotry and only serves to push people away.
Here, here!! My journey has been somewhat like yours and when all is said and done it has really been quite fun and extremely interesting. Notwithstanding there were many nights when I told the Lord, If it was required he could just take me now for the degree of the afflictions.

Still, I pretty much tossed out 30 years of health research and began afresh to assimilate the information through a spiritual lens. I have learned many things but one is pretty consistent that all nutritional recommendations by doctors, dieticians and such are completely misunderstood. They leap to gross applications of conclusions such as fats are bad when nothing could be further from the truth that man altered fats are bad. In some cases, certain oils from certain plaints (rape seed oil) are horrific but not all fats are bad and some essential. Still there was no evidence that all fats were bad. That was a gross leap of false application because they realized that transfats were bad. It was not that the information was entirely wrong but that the application was ignorant.

So I have regathered, studied thousands of studies and research, and have slowly started regaining what was lost. And I know it is correct because I have been the test source and have identified what is working. Still we all have to make our mistakes and we hope they get though it alive.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

I haven't sent any one to hell, or called them a Son of Perdition as I have been called.

I have recommended a whole-food plant-based diet, which is in the Word of Wisdom. Some people have their health back by following this kind of diet.

I wish you the best with your health.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Okay seriously... please save the Word of Wisdom debate for a different thread where that is the topic being discussed at hand. Can we get this thread back on topic please?

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Arenera wrote: August 18th, 2017, 3:37 pm

I haven't sent any one to hell, or called them a Son of Perdition as I have been called.

I have recommended a whole-food plant-based diet, which is in the Word of Wisdom. Some people have their health back by following this kind of diet.

I wish you the best with your health.
Tsk, Tsk Tsk, you shouldn't do that. Once again you are conflating to serve your own purposes. You are trying to come off smelling like a rose by over stating what others have said. That's being naughty.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Durzan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 3:44 pm Okay seriously... please save the Word of Wisdom debate for a different thread where that is the topic being discussed at hand. Can we get this thread back on topic please?
The op was debunked on the first few posts. What are you looking for, Julie Rowe?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

So how about them North Koreans. :D :ymdevil:

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

IF I MAY, PLEASE!

This thread is supposed to be about the possibility of something big happening in the way of a military mobilization (or mobilisation, if you're a Brit.) Let's try to stay on topic there, not get led astray. If people want to talk about tofu-nibbling and eating rabbit pellets, there's a perfectly good way to do so: Start a topic. If someone, ANYONE for that matter trieS to lead this discussion elsewhere, just follow Gandalf's example when he saved his friends in Eriador:

DON'T FEED TROLLS.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

skmo wrote: August 17th, 2017, 2:43 pm
Arenera wrote: August 17th, 2017, 2:02 pm How am I being mean? Here is the back up for the position of not eating meat, dairy or oils:

Look at your family, look at your friends, look at members in your ward. Any suffering chronic health issues.
It's terribly insulting to say someone with chronic health issues got them from their eating habits. My mother had chronic health issues all of her life. If you're going to tell me she brought them on herself, you and I will have a very serious intellectual problem. It's kind of funny, she passed away over a decade ago, and I'm still going to jump up and defy someone accusing my mother of causing her own suffering like I did when I was a brash and impulsive teenager. I would hope I'm misunderstanding you, and that you wouldn't do something so foolishly rude.
I agree that not everyone brings their health issues upon themselves because of a poor diet. We were not all born the same. Some do have problems with their systems (for example their detox systems) which can create health problems down the road beyond their ability to ward it off.

But it is always best to eat a balanced and healthy diet of moderation to stay as healthy as one can for as long as one can.

Our environment and exposures can also account for many of our health issues, including hormone disruptions and obesity and mental issues.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Durzan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 3:44 pm Okay seriously... please save the Word of Wisdom debate for a different thread where that is the topic being discussed at hand. Can we get this thread back on topic please?
Arenera already made that thread, but everyone stopped posting on it a week ago, except her, so she came and hijacked this one.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Michelle wrote: August 18th, 2017, 9:18 pm
Arenera already made that thread, but everyone stopped posting on it a week ago, except her, so she came and hijacked this one.
I made a little post.

Anyway, why don't you create a thread on your interpretation of the Word of Wisdom? This could be helpful for some posters and you would share all the things that you have learned.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Well, the subject of the thread is "Something Big Brewing?" The context of course was dealing with rumors that US military bases in South Korea were preparing for the active possibility of war with North Korea. Now, they may be doing so, but as far as we know, the rumors are just that... rumors... so maybe we could shift the focus of the topic to be about potential wars? Thats not too much of a stretch from the OP.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I found out what was going on, when and why. It wasn't anything to do with the OP's reasons. No I'm not going to explain. Believe or don't, that is up to you.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

mirkwood wrote: August 19th, 2017, 1:20 pm I found out what was going on, when and why. It wasn't anything to do with the OP's reasons. No I'm not going to explain. Believe or don't, that is up to you.
Makes sense. We have a lot of military practice exercises all the time. The timing looked fishy considering how tense things were with NK, but I'm not surprised.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Durzan wrote: August 19th, 2017, 7:37 am Well, the subject of the thread is "Something Big Brewing?" The context of course was dealing with rumors that US military bases in South Korea were preparing for the active possibility of war with North Korea. Now, they may be doing so, but as far as we know, the rumors are just that... rumors... so maybe we could shift the focus of the topic to be about potential wars? Thats not too much of a stretch from the OP.
I am confident that's exactly what they were doing. Trump pulled off Kennedy-esque brinksmanship, successfully coercing Kim to back down.

During Kennedy's game of brinksmanship there was at least one incident where nuclear bombs were loaded onto US aircraft, which were manned and ready for takeoff. Actions like this convinced the Soviets he was serious. US military forces gearing up for war on the Korean peninsula would have persuaded Kim that Trump was serious.

kfb
captain of 100

Post by kfb »

brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 11:53 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:49 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:11 pm :ymparty:
brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 7:00 pm

I've got to just say again. No one would talk about such things. Those who might know are not gossipy little girls jogging on treadmills who think this stuff is just fun and games. There is continuous warnings about sharing any form of information. If you by chance heard anything and then were so undisciplined as to post it on an internet web site you'd become part of the problem and if it was a serious enough breech maybe those MIB might like to have a word with you. This entire thread is irresponsible and should not be condoned further.
There are constant news posts from credible sources this year about continued drills with U.S. and other allies involving N. Korea. No national secrets being given out here. They give tons more info. than my little thread that Hill is busy. If you know about these and I am sure you do, they require U.S. Air Force movements too. Drills are growing larger and larger. If I remember right, last year's drill involving U.S. Navy wast thirty percent larger than in the past.This thread with information I have just posted is not "irresponsible" :ymparty: but important. Joel Skousen said last week we are going to move militarily against N. Korea by September, his words not mine. If we allow N. Korea to have working I.C.B.M.'s to deliver their nukes, and allow things to progress father in Iran as well (many Muslims believe they must start a world war which will bring about end times prophesy) we are in big trouble. No more kicking the can down the road now, there is no time left. Super weapons are in the hands, or shortly will be, of madmen.
My father was an artillery spotter in the Korean War for U.S. Army. The Chinese and N. Koreans often act irrationally and war could break out at any time. Sorry for my "irresponsible post and thread" again brienox, and let me apologize in advance for any future offenses.
It's true your little thread should not be much of an issue. However, it is the invitation that exists as an opportunity that someone might say something they shouldn't that is the issue. It is the trivializing of when seemingly innocuous information can actually become something that affects human lives. It is a little melodramatic sounding, I agree, however, we hear of such things in that environment that provides a greater sense of caution than I am by nature inclined to be concerned about.

As for future offense, you need not apologize. Our paths will seldom cross much as we deal in entirely different worlds of what is important and priority. I have noted that you have a flair for tabloid type information. No details verified, no sources to validate - just tell you a story and you'll sing that tune. It has the same effect in the long run as the illustrative tale from our youths about a boy who cried wolf. In time, nobody listens anymore. But again that's what sensationalists sacrifice in their clamoring and pandering - credibility.

Cheers
Dude I think that you need to relax. Certainly RM is the proverbial "wolf crier" but that is no reason to be uncivil. I doubt that lives will be place on the line based on an obscure website asking questions about military drills. Perhaps a few to many Tom Clancy paperbacks under your bed.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Durzan wrote: August 19th, 2017, 7:37 am Well, the subject of the thread is "Something Big Brewing?" The context of course was dealing with rumors that US military bases in South Korea were preparing for the active possibility of war with North Korea. Now, they may be doing so, but as far as we know, the rumors are just that... rumors... so maybe we could shift the focus of the topic to be about potential wars? Thats not too much of a stretch from the OP.
Right, just to update, N. Korea has just committed an act of war against Japanhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/world/no ... 1c78669b62. The jerks will get away with it though. Much more and it will turn into a shooting war, it's brewing alright.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Still had nothing to do with Hill AFB.