Something big brewing?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Something big brewing?

Post by kirtland r.m. »

I have had two different people tell me this week that something is happening at Hill A.F.B.. Leaves cancelled, shifts raised to twelve hours, and deployments to locations in Asia, including S. Korea. That is about all I've got for now. Anyone with anything to add?

gangbusters
captain of 100

Re: Something big brewing?

Post by gangbusters »

kirtland r.m. wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:26 pm I have had two different people tell me this week that something is happening at Hill A.F.B.. Leaves cancelled, shifts raised to twelve hours, and deployments to locations in Asia, including S. Korea. That is about all I've got for now. Anyone with anything to add?
Does the person you spoke to actually work there, or is it second or third hand?

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

If I'm living in South Korea I'm getting the heck out of that area. They need to evacuate most of the country and then blow NK up.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

gangbusters wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:45 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: August 4th, 2017, 8:26 pm I have had two different people tell me this week that something is happening at Hill A.F.B.. Leaves cancelled, shifts raised to twelve hours, and deployments to locations in Asia, including S. Korea. That is about all I've got for now. Anyone with anything to add?
Does the person you spoke to actually work there, or is it second or third hand?
The guy who told me is from an air force family, and knows quite a lot on current goings on, I know him fairly well. The one who actually knew the most about this, a sister in the church, has only talked with me briefly once, this week, and don't know details on her family or where she picked it up. She may say more later, just heard from her in a quick post.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

I work at Hill Air Force Base. The only thing going on at this point is there is a store special at the commissary. Kim Che 3 bottles, 5 bucks. You ever try that stuff? It is definitely the most dangerous thing coming out of Korea I've heard of this week.

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

brlenox wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:23 pm
I work at Hill Air Force Base. The only thing going on at this point is there is a store special at the commissary. Kim Che 3 bottles, 5 bucks. You ever try that stuff? It is definitely the most dangerous thing coming out of Korea I've heard of this week.
Be careful, that stuff will grow on you. One day you'll hate it and the next you'll be craving it. Oh my goodness, kimchi pancakes (Kimchijeon)...

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Irrelevant wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:47 pm
Be careful, that stuff will grow on you. One day you'll hate it and the next you'll be craving it. Oh my goodness, kimchi pancakes (Kimchijeon)...
Goes to show you how much I know about stinky cabbage...I can't even spell it right...let alone try to eat the stuff...And I served my mission in Thailand.

Bla dak - now there's what's cookin in Paag Issan...not really - I don't eat stuff that crawls off my plate either...think I'd rather go for the kimchi.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

kill·joy
ˈkilˌjoi/
noun
a person who deliberately spoils the enjoyment of others through resentful or overly sober behavior.
synonyms: spoilsport, wet blanket, damper, party pooper; prophet of doom
"uh-oh, here comes that killjoy Brock"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80YFtnTBApU

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 12:37 am
Goes to show you how much I know about stinky cabbage...I can't even spell it right...let alone try to eat the stuff...And I served my mission in Thailand.

Bla dak - now there's what's cookin in Paag Issan...not really - I don't eat stuff that crawls off my plate either...think I'd rather go for the kimchi.
Are they flying F-35s at HAFB?

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Arenera wrote: August 5th, 2017, 9:29 am

Actually, I never comment on anything about work. It is just a better place to not speak of than it is to openly converse about for the risks and retributions so I don't. I actually wish I had said nothing about the kimchi - next week it will be in the papers how some idiot grabbed a case and held it hostage before getting away after a high speed chase.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Military in my family including my husband, no news around here of anything beyond normal.

But I can tell you that there is a ton of information and happenings that we citizens will not know. Its a matter of right to know and security...OPSEC. The military members often do not even know the extent of what is going on until it's time to know and act. So questions will only give vague info.

If the units there are deploying, we will hear about it, until then just know that we live in uncertain times.

We already know that Trump will not let people walk on us and will likely have to do something about the situation. Just pray for peace and safety, it's all we can do.

Every man in my life will be deployed if a war breaks out, I hope it doesnt.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

Mark wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:45 am

kill·joy
ˈkilˌjoi/
noun
a person who deliberately spoils the enjoyment of others through resentful or overly sober behavior.
synonyms: spoilsport, wet blanket, damper, party pooper; prophet of doom
"uh-oh, here comes that killjoy Brock"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=80YFtnTBApU
Kilroy1.png
Kilroy1.png (40.2 KiB) Viewed 3521 times

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Arenera wrote: August 5th, 2017, 9:29 am

Ok, you made me look it up:
HILL AIR FORCE BASE

F-35 Operations and Maintenance

In September of 2015, the 388th Fighter Wing at Hill Air Force Base received its first two F-35A Lightning IIs, the first of 72 scheduled to be delivered to the base. The 72 jets will be flown and maintained by members of both the 388th Fighter Wing and its reserve component, the 419th Fighter Wing. Hill is the 10th base to receive F-35s.

The 34th Fighter Squadron, known as the “Rude Rams," became the first operational U.S. Air Force F-35 squadron when the U.S. Air Force declared F-35A Initial Operational Capability in 2016. The Rams have a significant history dating back to 1944, when they flew P-47 Thunderbolts in combat operations during WWII.

In 2015, pilots at Hill Air Force Base began rehearsing missions with four Full Mission Simulators linked together to hone their tactical employment of the F-35 against ground and airborne threats. As a complement to live flights, the Full Mission Simulators present a secure, realistic environment for pilots to develop tactics and integrate the F-35 into the Air Force’s arsenal.

Ogden ALC

In addition to the 388th and 419th Fighter Wings, Hill AFB is also home to the Ogden Air Logistics Complex, which provides logistics, support, maintenance and distribution for the F-35, among other USAF aircraft. The 570th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, activated in June 2015, is responsible for depot-level maintenance, restoration and modification on the F-35 Lightning II, and works under a public-private partnership with Lockheed Martin.
A8F8DEF7-B6A5-4B18-A87B-DCC029C41985-1654-000003D8C54C47FC.jpeg
A8F8DEF7-B6A5-4B18-A87B-DCC029C41985-1654-000003D8C54C47FC.jpeg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 3500 times

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I have a family member that works at Hill. He was in the gym with people yesterday who would know and talk of such things. He said the topic never came up. He said he would know for sure Monday and tell me if anything was different.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

mirkwood wrote: August 5th, 2017, 5:06 pm
I have a family member that works at Hill. He was in the gym with people yesterday who would know and talk of such things. He said the topic never came up. He said he would know for sure Monday and tell me if anything was different.
I've got to just say again. No one would talk about such things. Those who might know are not gossipy little girls jogging on treadmills who think this stuff is just fun and games. There is continuous warnings about sharing any form of information. If you by chance heard anything and then were so undisciplined as to post it on an internet web site you'd become part of the problem and if it was a serious enough breech maybe those MIB might like to have a word with you. This entire thread is irresponsible and should not be condoned further.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I spent a few years in the Marine Corps. I recall multiple lessons on intelligence gathering. They very effectively demonstrated how a team of spooks in a military town can pick up pieces of information that are individually meaningless but the aggregate paints a very clear picture of what's happening.

Brlenox is correct. It is unlikely that people about to deploy would carelessly mention it around people who aren't part of what is happening. Not even on base.

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

brlenox wrote: August 4th, 2017, 9:23 pm I work at Hill Air Force Base. The only thing going on at this point is there is a store special at the commissary. Kim Che 3 bottles, 5 bucks. You ever try that stuff? It is definitely the most dangerous thing coming out of Korea I've heard of this week.
And here I was thinking "Kim Che" was some new radical Korean/Cuban fusion cuisine. I am disappointed.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

:ymparty:
brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 7:00 pm
I've got to just say again. No one would talk about such things. Those who might know are not gossipy little girls jogging on treadmills who think this stuff is just fun and games. There is continuous warnings about sharing any form of information. If you by chance heard anything and then were so undisciplined as to post it on an internet web site you'd become part of the problem and if it was a serious enough breech maybe those MIB might like to have a word with you. This entire thread is irresponsible and should not be condoned further.
@-)
Last edited by kirtland r.m. on August 5th, 2017, 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:11 pm :ymparty:
There are constant news posts from credible sources this year about continued drills with U.S. and other allies involving N. Korea. No national secrets being given out here. They give tons more info. than my little thread that Hill is busy. If you know about these and I am sure you do, they require U.S. Air Force movements too. Drills are growing larger and larger. If I remember right, last year's drill involving U.S. Navy wast thirty percent larger than in the past.This thread with information I have just posted is not "irresponsible" :ymparty: but important. Joel Skousen said last week we are going to move militarily against N. Korea by September, his words not mine. If we allow N. Korea to have working I.C.B.M.'s to deliver their nukes, and allow things to progress father in Iran as well (many Muslims believe they must start a world war which will bring about end times prophesy) we are in big trouble. No more kicking the can down the road now, there is no time left. Super weapons are in the hands, or shortly will be, of madmen.
My father was an artillery spotter in the Korean War for U.S. Army. The Chinese and N. Koreans often act irrationally and war could break out at any time. Sorry for my "irresponsible post and thread" again brienox, and let me apologize in advance for any future offenses.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:49 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:11 pm :ymparty:

There are constant news posts from credible sources this year about continued drills with U.S. and other allies involving N. Korea. No national secrets being given out here. They give tons more info. than my little thread that Hill is busy. If you know about these and I am sure you do, they require U.S. Air Force movements too. Drills are growing larger and larger. If I remember right, last year's drill involving U.S. Navy wast thirty percent larger than in the past.This thread with information I have just posted is not "irresponsible" :ymparty: but important. Joel Skousen said last week we are going to move militarily against N. Korea by September, his words not mine. If we allow N. Korea to have working I.C.B.M.'s to deliver their nukes, and allow things to progress father in Iran as well (many Muslims believe they must start a world war which will bring about end times prophesy) we are in big trouble. No more kicking the can down the road now, there is no time left. Super weapons are in the hands, or shortly will be, of madmen.
My father was an artillery spotter in the Korean War for U.S. Army. The Chinese and N. Koreans often act irrationally and war could break out at any time. Sorry for my "irresponsible post and thread" again brienox, and let me apologize in advance for any future offenses.
It's true your little thread should not be much of an issue. However, it is the invitation that exists as an opportunity that someone might say something they shouldn't that is the issue. It is the trivializing of when seemingly innocuous information can actually become something that affects human lives. It is a little melodramatic sounding, I agree, however, we hear of such things in that environment that provides a greater sense of caution than I am by nature inclined to be concerned about.

As for future offense, you need not apologize. Our paths will seldom cross much as we deal in entirely different worlds of what is important and priority. I have noted that you have a flair for tabloid type information. No details verified, no sources to validate - just tell you a story and you'll sing that tune. It has the same effect in the long run as the illustrative tale from our youths about a boy who cried wolf. In time, nobody listens anymore. But again that's what sensationalists sacrifice in their clamoring and pandering - credibility.

Cheers

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

brianj wrote: August 5th, 2017, 7:17 pm I spent a few years in the Marine Corps. I recall multiple lessons on intelligence gathering. They very effectively demonstrated how a team of spooks in a military town can pick up pieces of information that are individually meaningless but the aggregate paints a very clear picture of what's happening.

Brlenox is correct. It is unlikely that people about to deploy would carelessly mention it around people who aren't part of what is happening. Not even on base.
Reminds me of a line in John Wayne's Sands of Iwo Jima:
Again word came down through channels and, again Marines moved out, and again scuttlebutt knew a hundred destinations, all wrong.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Of course now the spooks don't even have to be in the military town, they have the internet. In all likelihood there is nothing to the original post at all. But let's assume here that there is, any modern intelligence service is monitoring the internet, even our posts here, for useful information. bits and prices of idle chatter that can be assembled into a clear picture. Of course it is also perfectly possible to seed the internet with false or misleading information as well.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 11:53 pm I have noted that you have a flair for tabloid type information. No details verified, no sources to validate - just tell you a story and you'll sing that tune.
Which was the point of my comment.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

h_p wrote: August 5th, 2017, 7:19 pm And here I was thinking "Kim Che" was some new radical Korean/Cuban fusion cuisine. I am disappointed.
Consume enough and you will be the one brewing something big likely to result in malodorous emissions. =))

Generic
captain of 50

Post by Generic »

We were returning to Utah from California yesterday. Crossing Nevada, we saw several trucks carrying Bradley's and a train pulling several cars loaded with tanks all heading west.