Something big brewing?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: Something big brewing?

Post by Michelle »

Durzan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 3:44 pm Okay seriously... please save the Word of Wisdom debate for a different thread where that is the topic being discussed at hand. Can we get this thread back on topic please?
Arenera already made that thread, but everyone stopped posting on it a week ago, except her, so she came and hijacked this one.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Michelle wrote: August 18th, 2017, 9:18 pm
Durzan wrote: August 18th, 2017, 3:44 pm Okay seriously... please save the Word of Wisdom debate for a different thread where that is the topic being discussed at hand. Can we get this thread back on topic please?
Arenera already made that thread, but everyone stopped posting on it a week ago, except her, so she came and hijacked this one.
I made a little post.

Anyway, why don't you create a thread on your interpretation of the Word of Wisdom? This could be helpful for some posters and you would share all the things that you have learned.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Well, the subject of the thread is "Something Big Brewing?" The context of course was dealing with rumors that US military bases in South Korea were preparing for the active possibility of war with North Korea. Now, they may be doing so, but as far as we know, the rumors are just that... rumors... so maybe we could shift the focus of the topic to be about potential wars? Thats not too much of a stretch from the OP.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

I found out what was going on, when and why. It wasn't anything to do with the OP's reasons. No I'm not going to explain. Believe or don't, that is up to you.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

mirkwood wrote: August 19th, 2017, 1:20 pm I found out what was going on, when and why. It wasn't anything to do with the OP's reasons. No I'm not going to explain. Believe or don't, that is up to you.
Makes sense. We have a lot of military practice exercises all the time. The timing looked fishy considering how tense things were with NK, but I'm not surprised.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Durzan wrote: August 19th, 2017, 7:37 am Well, the subject of the thread is "Something Big Brewing?" The context of course was dealing with rumors that US military bases in South Korea were preparing for the active possibility of war with North Korea. Now, they may be doing so, but as far as we know, the rumors are just that... rumors... so maybe we could shift the focus of the topic to be about potential wars? Thats not too much of a stretch from the OP.
I am confident that's exactly what they were doing. Trump pulled off Kennedy-esque brinksmanship, successfully coercing Kim to back down.

During Kennedy's game of brinksmanship there was at least one incident where nuclear bombs were loaded onto US aircraft, which were manned and ready for takeoff. Actions like this convinced the Soviets he was serious. US military forces gearing up for war on the Korean peninsula would have persuaded Kim that Trump was serious.

kfb
captain of 100

Post by kfb »

brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 11:53 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:49 pm
kirtland r.m. wrote: August 5th, 2017, 8:11 pm :ymparty:
brlenox wrote: August 5th, 2017, 7:00 pm

I've got to just say again. No one would talk about such things. Those who might know are not gossipy little girls jogging on treadmills who think this stuff is just fun and games. There is continuous warnings about sharing any form of information. If you by chance heard anything and then were so undisciplined as to post it on an internet web site you'd become part of the problem and if it was a serious enough breech maybe those MIB might like to have a word with you. This entire thread is irresponsible and should not be condoned further.
There are constant news posts from credible sources this year about continued drills with U.S. and other allies involving N. Korea. No national secrets being given out here. They give tons more info. than my little thread that Hill is busy. If you know about these and I am sure you do, they require U.S. Air Force movements too. Drills are growing larger and larger. If I remember right, last year's drill involving U.S. Navy wast thirty percent larger than in the past.This thread with information I have just posted is not "irresponsible" :ymparty: but important. Joel Skousen said last week we are going to move militarily against N. Korea by September, his words not mine. If we allow N. Korea to have working I.C.B.M.'s to deliver their nukes, and allow things to progress father in Iran as well (many Muslims believe they must start a world war which will bring about end times prophesy) we are in big trouble. No more kicking the can down the road now, there is no time left. Super weapons are in the hands, or shortly will be, of madmen.
My father was an artillery spotter in the Korean War for U.S. Army. The Chinese and N. Koreans often act irrationally and war could break out at any time. Sorry for my "irresponsible post and thread" again brienox, and let me apologize in advance for any future offenses.
It's true your little thread should not be much of an issue. However, it is the invitation that exists as an opportunity that someone might say something they shouldn't that is the issue. It is the trivializing of when seemingly innocuous information can actually become something that affects human lives. It is a little melodramatic sounding, I agree, however, we hear of such things in that environment that provides a greater sense of caution than I am by nature inclined to be concerned about.

As for future offense, you need not apologize. Our paths will seldom cross much as we deal in entirely different worlds of what is important and priority. I have noted that you have a flair for tabloid type information. No details verified, no sources to validate - just tell you a story and you'll sing that tune. It has the same effect in the long run as the illustrative tale from our youths about a boy who cried wolf. In time, nobody listens anymore. But again that's what sensationalists sacrifice in their clamoring and pandering - credibility.

Cheers
Dude I think that you need to relax. Certainly RM is the proverbial "wolf crier" but that is no reason to be uncivil. I doubt that lives will be place on the line based on an obscure website asking questions about military drills. Perhaps a few to many Tom Clancy paperbacks under your bed.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Durzan wrote: August 19th, 2017, 7:37 am Well, the subject of the thread is "Something Big Brewing?" The context of course was dealing with rumors that US military bases in South Korea were preparing for the active possibility of war with North Korea. Now, they may be doing so, but as far as we know, the rumors are just that... rumors... so maybe we could shift the focus of the topic to be about potential wars? Thats not too much of a stretch from the OP.
Right, just to update, N. Korea has just committed an act of war against Japanhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/world/no ... 1c78669b62. The jerks will get away with it though. Much more and it will turn into a shooting war, it's brewing alright.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

Still had nothing to do with Hill AFB.