The year with no rainbow...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

The year with no rainbow...

Post by friendsofthe »

Newest blog...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-year ... o-rainbow/

Please give feedback... have a good weekend!

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: The year with no rainbow...

Post by Michelle »

It's common practice at our house to point out rainbows. Usually followed by "Well, we've got at least another year." It is a bit of a joke because I think there are still some things to happen, but in another 13-16 year or so, it will be with great relief I say it each time I see a rainbow.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: August 4th, 2017, 11:06 am Newest blog...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-year ... o-rainbow/

Please give feedback... have a good weekend!
I just wrote a blog about the symbolism of the rainbow ( http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... inbow.html ) where I uncovered many more symbols than I expected, so rainbows have been fresh in my mind. On Wednesday, August 1st I was driving home and saw a double rainbow over the Gilbert temple--it was gorgeous! The spirit hit me very strongly as you can imagine. I took some pics, but from the intersection the pictures didn't do the spectacle justice. The double rainbow arced over the temple, and I could see the rainbow's beginning to the left and its end to the right of the temple.

Anyway, I figured the spirit struck me because of what I had been studying, and you know it's the temple, and a rainbow--a strong heavenly sign and symbol! I told my wife about the experience and her friends on facebook were posting beautiful double rainbows pictures. Still, I didn't think much of it beyond that.

I told one of my best friends about the experience who lives in Utah, and he said he was seeing these images all over his facebook feed. Hrm...starting to get interesting....

Then we speak the next day and he said his sister saw a double rainbow (not in Arizona) on that same day and felt very strongly that it was a sign. Later that day (August 2nd) I'm driving home listening to Ben Shapiro, who is a Jewish conservative podcaster (highly recommended though I don't agree on everything he says.) Ben Shapiro mentions how on this day in Jewish history the temple was destroyed twice, and he mentioned some other important events that happened on the ninth of AV. I start thinking to myself, "Now if only this were yesterday that would be something. Especially since I'm looking at a double rainbow over the Gilbert Temple while on this day in history the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed twice."

Then I realize ... this is yesterday's podcast! I was looking at a double rainbow over the Gilbert Temple on the ninth of AV. The ninth of AV began on 7/31 sundown and ended on 8/1 sundown - so the double rainbow appeared just before sunset at the end of this Jewish Holiday. Take a look at the link below and all the destruction that has happened to the Jews on this date:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tisha_B%27Av

If you want to hear Ben Shapiro talk about the ninth of AV, it's episode 352 - near the end of the podcast. (After the 40 minute mark I think )

https://soundcloud.com/benshapiroshow

Could this be a symbol of peace from the Lord to the Jews--a sign that the time of their torment is coming to an end? If so, the proximity to August 21st eclipse over America and the 9/23 sign is very interesting indeed.

Finally, a sign of a double rainbow to indicate the temporal salvation & gathering of the Lord's people before the sign of the rainbow disappears for a year to indicate the temporal destruction of the wicked .... sorta makes sense doesn't it?

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Why would a sign to the Jews appear in Gilbert?? It wouldn't.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

shadow wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:15 pm Why would a sign to the Jews appear in Gilbert?? It wouldn't.
Shadow,
Why must you always rain on someone's parade?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

shadow wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:15 pm Why would a sign to the Jews appear in Gilbert?? It wouldn't.
Read the whole post. It wasn't just Gilbert.

Edit: Also don't discount the fact that Arizona is exploding in growth and temples and may have a past or a future of which you are unaware. Moreover the sign could easily be to the House of Ephraim of which there is a significant population here. The sign was also seen in Utah on August 1st... Another Ephraim center of activity.

The rainbow is a sign to all flesh, not just Judah. If the temple is about to be rebuilt, and if we or members of our community are destined to help then why not a sign on the Jewish holiday when the Temple was destroyed twice?

On a personal note, I like you and your posts Shadow but you do seem to rain on parades quite a bit more than usual. How can we turn that rain into rainbows in your sky? ;)

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

alaris wrote: August 4th, 2017, 12:53 pm
How can we turn that rain into rainbows in your sky? ;)
A pot of gold will do the trick :))

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

shadow wrote: August 4th, 2017, 1:22 pm

Soon my friend
D&C 133:30 And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

shadow wrote: August 4th, 2017, 1:22 pm
No prob, when jellystone blows a billion pounds.

Hey hey bo bo =))

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

So here is a question. Does the no rainbows rule apply to rainbows produce by artificial means such as with prisms?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gkearney wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:26 pm So here is a question. Does the no rainbows rule apply to rainbows produce by artificial means such as with prisms?
That's not a rainbow; there's no rain. Image

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:30 pm
gkearney wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:26 pm So here is a question. Does the no rainbows rule apply to rainbows produce by artificial means such as with prisms?
That's not a rainbow; there's no rain. Image
I forgot to mention... I also did a news.google.com search of double rainbow and there has been a lot of double rainbows in the news lately.

https://www.google.com/search?q=double+ ... 580&dpr=3
Of note is this Newsweek article about a double rainbow over the white house. The title asks if it's a sign from God and the author shows his allegiance by blaspheming God one sentence deep. It is Newsweek :/

http://www.newsweek.com/double-rainbow- ... use-646460

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

Michelle wrote: August 4th, 2017, 11:17 am It's common practice at our house to point out rainbows. Usually followed by "Well, we've got at least another year." It is a bit of a joke because I think there are still some things to happen, but in another 13-16 year or so, it will be with great relief I say it each time I see a rainbow.
We do this too, lol!! One of my younger kids gets upset each time because they really, really want the Savior to return. The rest of us feel relief. :))

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

The promise of the rainbow is that there will be seed time and harvest.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

The temple in Jerusalem is not for just the Jews. In fact without Levi they can't do much. This is a gathering of all 12 tribes of which we are one.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

In the blog this quote is used:
“When wars come, we shall have to flee to Zion. The cry is to make haste. The last Revelation says, “Ye shall not have time to have gone over the earth, until these things come.” It will come as did the cholera, war, fires, and earthquakes; one pestilence after another, etc., until the Ancient of Days come, then judgment will be given to the Saints. (Joseph Smith,1839-July-DHC 3:385-391)
Do you ever ponder on how best to prepare to “flee to Zion”? I mean the practical stuff, food, clothing, gear…. Got your handcart…. #-o
I think I like this one.... :D

http://www.farmhandcarts.com/wp-content ... G_2680.jpg
http://www.farmhandcarts.com/?page_id=5

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

How about some freez dried foods?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Another thought, how cool is it that we take our youth to Martins Cove and other places to practice trekking?

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Yahtzee wrote: August 5th, 2017, 12:05 am
Michelle wrote: August 4th, 2017, 11:17 am It's common practice at our house to point out rainbows. Usually followed by "Well, we've got at least another year." It is a bit of a joke because I think there are still some things to happen, but in another 13-16 year or so, it will be with great relief I say it each time I see a rainbow.
We do this too, lol!! One of my younger kids gets upset each time because they really, really want the Savior to return. The rest of us feel relief. :))
I have to admit, I've had a lot more days lately where I wouldn't mind just moving forward. I am kind of sick of the world the way it is now, and I know it is going to get worse. To know we only had to wait another year would be a relief many days.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

I also always assumed one of the reasons we are to store a year supply of food is because there won't be a seed time and harvest that year. It would literally wipe out those who hadn't obeyed, just like Noah's time.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Michelle wrote: August 5th, 2017, 11:04 am I also always assumed one of the reasons we are to store a year supply of food is because there won't be a seed time and harvest that year. It would literally wipe out those who hadn't obeyed, just like Noah's time.
It will wipe out many, but not all. Very soon after food stops coming to the stores people will start turning violent. Those who don't have food, or want more food for the control they will be able to exercise over others, will attack anybody they suspect of having food. Some people will be so violently irrational that they will throw incendiaries at well defended houses, such as Molotov Cocktails, to burn down the house and its occupants out of an "If I cant have it neither can you" attitude. Some people will even murder others over the meat they can consume from a corpse.

And I sincerely believe that many people will survive the coming difficulties even though they have not prepared because they will be blessed to find food or spiritually sustained. And this is a day that I hope I see. The wicked will turn on one another and will destroy one another. Those who are not ripe in iniquity will be humbled to the point where they will be ready to accept the gospel and I hope I can be a missionary to many in that day.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

brianj wrote: August 5th, 2017, 1:48 pm
Michelle wrote: August 5th, 2017, 11:04 am I also always assumed one of the reasons we are to store a year supply of food is because there won't be a seed time and harvest that year. It would literally wipe out those who hadn't obeyed, just like Noah's time.
It will wipe out many, but not all. Very soon after food stops coming to the stores people will start turning violent. Those who don't have food, or want more food for the control they will be able to exercise over others, will attack anybody they suspect of having food. Some people will be so violently irrational that they will throw incendiaries at well defended houses, such as Molotov Cocktails, to burn down the house and its occupants out of an "If I cant have it neither can you" attitude. Some people will even murder others over the meat they can consume from a corpse.

And I sincerely believe that many people will survive the coming difficulties even though they have not prepared because they will be blessed to find food or spiritually sustained. And this is a day that I hope I see. The wicked will turn on one another and will destroy one another. Those who are not ripe in iniquity will be humbled to the point where they will be ready to accept the gospel and I hope I can be a missionary to many in that day.
Sure that will happen in some places, maybe even most. There will be other places where people will be sharing what they have and working together.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

brianj wrote: August 5th, 2017, 1:48 pm

I like your explanation. BTW, you are describing the beggining of the Cleansing of America.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

Christ comes at the end of seven years of tribulation. That hasn't started yet so it would be at least six more years of rainbows.

With events in North Korea today I'm wondering if it's about to start.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

markharr wrote: August 8th, 2017, 5:04 pm Christ comes at the end of seven years of tribulation. That hasn't started yet so it would be at least six more years of rainbows.

With events in North Korea today I'm wondering if it's about to start.
I don't accept that Christ will come at the end of the tribulations. There is a lot that has to happen after the tribulations before the Second Coming including preaching the gospel to the world, the completion of the city of Zion, etc.