August 21st Solar Eclipse Path - A sign?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: August 21st Solar Eclipse Path - A sign?

Post by gardener4life »

No i'm not questioning authenticity it's just no one has really put a reference for the source of that information. And does the source also have the path of the eclipse really worked out like that or is that just an estimate? And we had a misunderstanding on that. I'm not being negative. Is it an astronomy expert as the source? And is there an article link somewhere?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gardener4life wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 7:33 am No i'm not questioning authenticity it's just no one has really put a reference for the source of that information. And does the source also have the path of the eclipse really worked out like that or is that just an estimate? And we had a misunderstanding on that. I'm not being negative. Is it an astronomy expert as the source? And is there an article link somewhere?
Google is your friend:
https://www.google.com/search?site=&sou ... ciMJ3Z-IM4

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/solar.html

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/5MCSEmap/ ... -04-08.gif
2024-04-08.gif
2024-04-08.gif (16.9 KiB) Viewed 1917 times

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Silver wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 7:19 am
gardener4life wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 1:03 am that's how it works...

:)

When I say source I mean like who said that? Where / what is the research coming from?

:) Thanks
I think your question must be confusing people. You seem to accept that there will be an eclipse this year while questioning the authenticity of a prediction for one in 2024. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If experts in astronomy can correctly predict an eclipse for this year, why can't they estimate when one will occur several years from now?

I used to not understand such stuff until my wife "dazzled (not blinded) me with science."
That was my takeaway as well.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Eclipses can be predicted with accuracy decades into the future. Well, I'm willing to bet centuries, even.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

LDS Physician wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 10:15 pm Eclipses can be predicted with accuracy decades into the future. Well, I'm willing to bet centuries, even.
Barring a major interplanetary catastrophe, yes.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

LDS Physician wrote: August 3rd, 2017, 10:15 pm Eclipses can be predicted with accuracy decades into the future. Well, I'm willing to bet centuries, even.
The math required must be extensive. My father helped build the computer that went to the moon and I remember how he marveled the power of a TI SR-12 calculator he gave me on my birthday. The 12 had a memory, whereas the TI-10 did not.

Super computers at universities in 70s most likely when sufficient calculations began to become possible.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

For something to be a 'sign', don't we need to see it? It won't be visible for most of us.

It feels like there is a lot of hype over 'signs' lately too--I'm still remembering all the hoopla over the Blood moons--which were interesting to observe, but for those who thought it meant an economic crash or an earthquake, they were wrong. I think there can be some heavenly manifestations which may portend an event, but I'd expect them to be something unexpected--eclipses are predictable and take place on a regular basis.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

AI2.0 wrote: August 4th, 2017, 2:42 pm For something to be a 'sign', don't we need to see it? It won't be visible for most of us.

It feels like there is a lot of hype over 'signs' lately too--I'm still remembering all the hoopla over the Blood moons--which were interesting to observe, but for those who thought it meant an economic crash or an earthquake, they were wrong. I think there can be some heavenly manifestations which may portend an event, but I'd expect them to be something unexpected--eclipses are predictable and take place on a regular basis.
Have you not seen the giant X on a device very similar to those once called a tele-VISION. :-\

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

AI2.0 wrote: August 4th, 2017, 2:42 pm For something to be a 'sign', don't we need to see it? It won't be visible for most of us.

It's more about what you see with your spiritual eyes.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

King Herod didn't see the sign of the impending birth of the Savior, until the Wise Men interpreted it for him.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... ormat=750w

If you live ANYWHERE in North America you will be able to see the eclipses, both of them:2017 and 2024. The path of totality this year is only 65 miles wide, but partial coverage will be visible still (anywhere the clouds don't block it.)

As far as I know. This is a unique event. To have it cross like it does really gives the whole of North America the chance to witness this event.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Michelle wrote: August 4th, 2017, 4:44 pm

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... ormat=750w

If you live ANYWHERE in North America you will be able to see the eclipses, both of them:2017 and 2024. The path of totality this year is only 65 miles wide, but partial coverage will be visible still (anywhere the clouds don't block it.)

As far as I know. This is a unique event. To have it cross like it does really gives the whole of North America the chance to witness this event.

I live in Utah and if I want to see the whole eclipse I'd have to go north into Wyoming.

http://www.eclipse2017.org/2017/circumstances/ut.htm As they said a partial eclipse is boring so go north if Utahns want to see it.

I think that some on the forum are reading a whole lot more into this, most likely because it's being embellished with information that is not accurate--like thinking that it's some kind of 'sign' to the nation tying it into some notion that we're entering the days of 'tribulation'. Call me a skeptic, but the whole blood moons hysteria was not that long ago.

As for the eclipse;
https://www.greatamericaneclipse.com/be ... s-to-view/

It can be seen in some areas in the states of Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina and South Carolina.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

AI2.0 wrote: August 4th, 2017, 5:58 pm
I think that some on the forum are reading a whole lot more into this, most likely because it's being embellished with information that is not accurate--like thinking that it's some kind of 'sign' to the nation tying it into some notion that we're entering the days of 'tribulation'. Call me a skeptic, but the whole blood moons hysteria was not that long ago.

Albeit, not nearly as cool as when Jospeh Smith predicted 'The Night of Falling Stars'
The whole heavens were lit up with the falling meteors and the countenance of the skeptic as he viewed the spectacle was plainly seen and closely watched by Brother Hancock, who said that he turned pale as death and spoke not a word. #-o

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Albeit, not nearly as cool as when Jospeh Smith predicted 'The Night of Falling Stars'
The whole heavens were lit up with the falling meteors and the countenance of the skeptic as he viewed the spectacle was plainly seen and closely watched by Brother Hancock, who said that he turned pale as death and spoke not a word. #-o
The next most spectacular leonids meteor showers are to be November 2031-2033. I remember learning that as a kid and the date stuck. The comet that comes every 33.3 years comes back around in 2031.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 4th, 2017, 6:26 pm

Thanks for posting this. I had not heard of this story before. It made me jump though. 19 years ago I had a dream about the 2nd coming. I can still remember in good detail the dream. I was present at the event and I saw our Savior. Before he came in his glory, I witnessed something in the sky that I could never explain what it was. That is until I read "The Night of Falling Stars". THAT is what I saw in my dream. Part of the dream was a strong message to me directly. He did not speak words but his gaze directly at me pierced my heart and I knew what he was telling me. I have reflected on that phrase many times in my life as inspiration. :ymhug: I am not saying what I saw is something to come. It was just a dream...Interesting though.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/ ... oogle.html just show a source that says there will be an eclipse in 2024. not difficult. Of course they could have verified it in 5 seconds on google.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

Here are a couple LDS perspectives:

The Great American Eclipse - What it Means for Us

At 7 Witnesses by Val Brinkerhoff: 7 Heavenly Witnesses, Great Pyramid, Rosh Hashanah 2017

There's nothing as yet by John P. Pratt on it, not that I agree with his approach, but perhaps he will post something.
Last edited by ParticleMan on August 16th, 2017, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Could the Lord be telling us that something will be completed by 2024 (the second total eclipse)?
Image Image 7 years of prosperity
that began with President Trump's effection.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:26 am
Could the Lord be telling us that something will be completed by 2024 (the second total eclipse)?
Image Image 7 years of prosperity
that began with President Trump's effection.
I do believe that 2017 and 2024 begin and end something. I also believe that 2027 and 2030-2033 are important. The Lord does use 7 years, but he also uses 3 1/2 years for important events in the last days. I wish everyone would read Daniel and Revelation with the Spirit. There is much the Lord has already revealed for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Original_Intent wrote: August 5th, 2017, 3:29 pm https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/ ... oogle.html just show a source that says there will be an eclipse in 2024. not difficult. Of course they could have verified it in 5 seconds on google.
Exactly. It's amazing what 5 seconds on google can do. Who would have thought that the signs of the times are as predictable as the Sun rising from the east and setting in the west.

When the moon passes between the Earth and the Sun I will be in the cross-hairs and fully expect to see many "natural" electrical phenomena. And though the science community and undoubtedly many religious leaders will claim these phenomena are inexplicable and unnatural (thus a sign from God), they are all natural, electrical, and predictable. With a basic understanding of electricity and the Suns solar plasma environment, there is nothing magical or mystical about these remarkable phenomena. We live in a plasma (electrical) universe.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on August 15th, 2017, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Why do people keep saying this is a sign? Where is it in scripture?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 12:49 pm Why do people keep saying this is a sign? Where is it in scripture?
Where are the signs the wise men of old followed written in scripture? :-?

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 12:49 pm Why do people keep saying this is a sign? Where is it in scripture?
Why? Astrology. Folks buy into things like this. . .
the fantastic facts, regarding September 23, 2017,
and how it appears to be exactly what Revelation 12 is describing.
John Pratt is among the more popular LDS astrologists. Here is a article Pratt wrote on 23 Sep 2017. . .
http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/201 ... ml?fref=gc

The current heavens (stars, constellations) are not the source of prophetic imagery. John Pratt is wrong. The true source were the pre-flood heavens of the Patriarchs. So says the Apostle Peter.

2 Peter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

After the ancient heavens "passed away," mankind looked to the present arrangement of stars as a replacement for the images once seen in the heavens. So, our present constellations are distant echoes of the originals.

If we are to understand the "language of the prophets," we must look to the original images and their metaphors, not the present heavens, which yield no such clues. Astrology is a perversion, and is not of any value. Israelite (Old Testament) stories originated at the same time and in the same way as all ancient culture. In spite of the mantra of mainstream scholastic and scientist, Israelite stories (tradition/mythology) originated in images seen in Earth's ancient skies, based in those same events/images seen by not only the Egyptian, Phoenician, Babylonian but also the Persian, Nordic, Polynesian, Oriental, Mayan, Native American -- virtually all ancient cultures. The prophets of God used the same, original system of cosmic images and beliefs as their "pagan" neighbors to compose the imagery they employed in their visions. Why? Because the vision given to all the prophets by God shows them the history of this planet (see Moses and Abraham). In so doing, they discover the origin and meaning of that same system of images, which they then customized to the culture they lived in to teach the gospel. This is the key that all others seem to have missed.

viewtopic.php?t=21475