August 21st Solar Eclipse Path - A sign?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: August 21st Solar Eclipse Path - A sign?

Post by Michelle »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:26 am
Could the Lord be telling us that something will be completed by 2024 (the second total eclipse)?
Image Image 7 years of prosperity
that began with President Trump's effection.
I do believe that 2017 and 2024 begin and end something. I also believe that 2027 and 2030-2033 are important. The Lord does use 7 years, but he also uses 3 1/2 years for important events in the last days. I wish everyone would read Daniel and Revelation with the Spirit. There is much the Lord has already revealed for those with eyes to see and ears to hear.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Original_Intent wrote: August 5th, 2017, 3:29 pm https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogle/ ... oogle.html just show a source that says there will be an eclipse in 2024. not difficult. Of course they could have verified it in 5 seconds on google.
Exactly. It's amazing what 5 seconds on google can do. Who would have thought that the signs of the times are as predictable as the Sun rising from the east and setting in the west.

When the moon passes between the Earth and the Sun I will be in the cross-hairs and fully expect to see many "natural" electrical phenomena. And though the science community and undoubtedly many religious leaders will claim these phenomena are inexplicable and unnatural (thus a sign from God), they are all natural, electrical, and predictable. With a basic understanding of electricity and the Suns solar plasma environment, there is nothing magical or mystical about these remarkable phenomena. We live in a plasma (electrical) universe.
Last edited by SempiternalHarbinger on August 15th, 2017, 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Why do people keep saying this is a sign? Where is it in scripture?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 12:49 pm Why do people keep saying this is a sign? Where is it in scripture?
Where are the signs the wise men of old followed written in scripture? :-?

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 12:49 pm Why do people keep saying this is a sign? Where is it in scripture?
Why? Astrology. Folks buy into things like this. . .
the fantastic facts, regarding September 23, 2017,
and how it appears to be exactly what Revelation 12 is describing.
John Pratt is among the more popular LDS astrologists. Here is a article Pratt wrote on 23 Sep 2017. . .
http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/201 ... ml?fref=gc

The current heavens (stars, constellations) are not the source of prophetic imagery. John Pratt is wrong. The true source were the pre-flood heavens of the Patriarchs. So says the Apostle Peter.

2 Peter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

After the ancient heavens "passed away," mankind looked to the present arrangement of stars as a replacement for the images once seen in the heavens. So, our present constellations are distant echoes of the originals.

If we are to understand the "language of the prophets," we must look to the original images and their metaphors, not the present heavens, which yield no such clues. Astrology is a perversion, and is not of any value. Israelite (Old Testament) stories originated at the same time and in the same way as all ancient culture. In spite of the mantra of mainstream scholastic and scientist, Israelite stories (tradition/mythology) originated in images seen in Earth's ancient skies, based in those same events/images seen by not only the Egyptian, Phoenician, Babylonian but also the Persian, Nordic, Polynesian, Oriental, Mayan, Native American -- virtually all ancient cultures. The prophets of God used the same, original system of cosmic images and beliefs as their "pagan" neighbors to compose the imagery they employed in their visions. Why? Because the vision given to all the prophets by God shows them the history of this planet (see Moses and Abraham). In so doing, they discover the origin and meaning of that same system of images, which they then customized to the culture they lived in to teach the gospel. This is the key that all others seem to have missed.

viewtopic.php?t=21475

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 15th, 2017, 1:39 pm
I'm asking where this is in scripture, I'm well aware there are other heavenly signs in scripture, but nothing about this eclipse that I know of.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: August 15th, 2017, 2:41 pm
Why? Astrology. Folks buy into things like this. . .
the fantastic facts, regarding September 23, 2017,
and how it appears to be exactly what Revelation 12 is describing.
John Pratt is among the more popular LDS astrologists. Here is a article Pratt wrote on 23 Sep 2017. . .
http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/201 ... ml?fref=gc

The current heavens (stars, constellations) are not the source of prophetic imagery. John Pratt is wrong. The true source were the pre-flood heavens of the Patriarchs. So says the Apostle Peter.

2 Peter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

After the ancient heavens "passed away," mankind looked to the present arrangement of stars as a replacement for the images once seen in the heavens. So, our present constellations are distant echoes of the originals.

If we are to understand the "language of the prophets," we must look to the original images and their metaphors, not the present heavens, which yield no such clues. Astrology is a perversion, and is not of any value. Israelite (Old Testament) stories originated at the same time and in the same way as all ancient culture. In spite of the mantra of mainstream scholastic and scientist, Israelite stories (tradition/mythology) originated in images seen in Earth's ancient skies, based in those same events/images seen by not only the Egyptian, Phoenician, Babylonian but also the Persian, Nordic, Polynesian, Oriental, Mayan, Native American -- virtually all ancient cultures. The prophets of God used the same, original system of cosmic images and beliefs as their "pagan" neighbors to compose the imagery they employed in their visions. Why? Because the vision given to all the prophets by God shows them the history of this planet (see Moses and Abraham). In so doing, they discover the origin and meaning of that same system of images, which they then customized to the culture they lived in to teach the gospel. This is the key that all others seem to have missed.

viewtopic.php?t=21475
Wait, why are you posting the september 23rd stuff from revelation? That has nothing to do with the eclipse, that one actually looks like it does fit a real sign from scripture. Are you saying there are no signs in the heavens anymore at all? If so, why would god give us heavenly signs in the book of revelations that clearly apply to the last days?

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 3:21 pm
Wait, why are you posting the september 23rd stuff from revelation? That has nothing to do with the eclipse, that one actually looks like it does fit a real sign from scripture. Are you saying there are no signs in the heavens anymore at all? If so, why would god give us heavenly signs in the book of revelations that clearly apply to the last days?
Oops, you are correct Rensai. My apologies brother. Wrong video. I cant find the right one at the moment. I believe the heavens have changed and the current heavens are silent. That will change soon enough. The dragon is about to be awaken from a deep sleep. I agree with you on the book of revelations. Hope all is well.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: August 15th, 2017, 4:01 pm
Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 3:21 pm
Oops, you are correct Rensai. My apologies brother. Wrong video. I cant find the right one at the moment. I believe the heavens have changed and the current heavens are silent. That will change soon enough. The dragon is about to be awaken from a deep sleep. I agree with you on the book of revelations. Hope all is well.
Hey, no problem, I was just a bit confused on what you were trying to say. Thanks for clarifying.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 3:20 pm
I'm asking where this is in scripture, I'm well aware there are other heavenly signs in scripture, but nothing about this eclipse that I know of.
I'm afraid we've just gotten to the point that anything that happens is taken as a 'sign'. I'm sure when this eclipse comes and goes, there will be something else to be looking forward to.

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:31 pm
I'm afraid we've just gotten to the point that anything that happens is taken as a 'sign'. I'm sure when this eclipse comes and goes, there will be something else to be looking forward to.
That's what it looks like, I just wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't missing anything. In that case, it seems weird to me people would talk so much about an event that is clearly not a sign and ignore the September 23rd sign that actually looks like it fits a real sign from the bible, but to each their own I guess.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:41 pm That's what it looks like, I just wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't missing anything. In that case, it seems weird to me people would talk so much about an event that is clearly not a sign and ignore the September 23rd sign that actually looks like it fits a real sign from the bible, but to each their own I guess.
You missed the sign of the 40 days to repent before the apocalypse is released in October 2017... Is you mind blown way yet or is only your hair as you avatar is showing signs of stress..... :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: ;)

Will The August 21st Solar Eclipse Begin A Period Of “40 Days And 40 Nights” For America?
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... or-america

10 Very Strange Facts About The August 21 Solar Eclipse That Will Absolutely Blow Your Mind
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... -your-mind

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:41 pm
AI2.0 wrote: August 15th, 2017, 6:31 pm

That's what it looks like, I just wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't missing anything. In that case, it seems weird to me people would talk so much about an event that is clearly not a sign and ignore the September 23rd sign that actually looks like it fits a real sign from the bible, but to each their own I guess.
Here's the latest data point towards determination of seven years of prosperity. Image

Looks to be on track for solid determination on or about August 21st. :-?

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

BeNotDeceived wrote: August 16th, 2017, 5:59 am Here's the latest data point towards determination of seven years of prosperity. Image

Looks to be on track for solid determination on or about August 21st. :-?
We are in the 7 years of famine,had the 7 years of plenty since the 2008 GFC. by October the economy will completely collapse. Debt has gone sky high, Jsut about every metric that show impending depression/collapse is flashing red. It is very late stage stock rally which happens just before a collapse. World GDP is actually dropping while stocks have P/E rations above 26 which has only every been seen just before a collapse. No ways in hell the current system can last another 7 years, the current bull market is already very close to record breaking length...

FTC
captain of 100

Post by FTC »

I prophesy right now that either the 2017 eclipse, the 2024 eclipse, or both, will make it into this list before the Second Coming ever even starts.
Worlds without end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_d ... tic_events

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Spaced_Out wrote: August 16th, 2017, 2:01 am
Rensai wrote: August 15th, 2017, 11:41 pm That's what it looks like, I just wanted to ask and make sure I wasn't missing anything. In that case, it seems weird to me people would talk so much about an event that is clearly not a sign and ignore the September 23rd sign that actually looks like it fits a real sign from the bible, but to each their own I guess.
You missed the sign of the 40 days to repent before the apocalypse is released in October 2017... Is you mind blown way yet or is only your hair as you avatar is showing signs of stress..... :ymdevil: :ymdevil: :ymdevil: ;)

Will The August 21st Solar Eclipse Begin A Period Of “40 Days And 40 Nights” For America?

10 Very Strange Facts About The August 21 Solar Eclipse That Will Absolutely Blow Your Mind
That first article is wrong, elul does not begin on august 22nd so that shoots that theory down. Anyway, like I said, I'm looking for actual scripture, I'm tired of random people's pet theories and stuff.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Rensai wrote: August 16th, 2017, 11:21 am
Spaced_Out wrote: August 16th, 2017, 2:01 am

That first article is wrong, elul does not begin on august 22nd so that shoots that theory down. Anyway, like I said, I'm looking for actual scripture, I'm tired of random people's pet theories and stuff.
Not wrong just a lack of understanding.
On August 21, a total solar eclipse will mark a trail from the Northwest US to the Southeast Atlantic Seaboard. The eclipse will occur on the last day of the Hebrew month Av, a day known as Yom Kippur Katan, the “small day of repentance.” The morning after the eclipse, Jews will begin blowing the shofar every morning for a 40-day period of profound repentance leading up to Yom Kippur. This corresponds to the 40 days Moses was on Mount Sinai atoning for the Jewish people.
On September 23rd a unique astronomical alignment of the Sun, Moon, constellation Virgo, constellation Leo, and planets Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, and Venus is going to fulfill this passage from the book of Revelation:
And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

Rensai wrote: August 16th, 2017, 11:21 amThat first article is wrong, elul does not begin on august 22nd so that shoots that theory down. Anyway, like I said, I'm looking for actual scripture, I'm tired of random people's pet theories and stuff.
Here is anther article to chew on. Poor guy if he knew where Zion was going to be built he would be have panic attacks by now.

The U.S. Military Will Be Conducting ‘A Major Military Exercise’ On The Korean Peninsula During The Solar Eclipse
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/arch ... ar-eclipse

Love
captain of 100

Post by Love »

There was the blood moons of 2014-2015
There was the Star of Bethlehem of Aug 2016
https://www.space.com/33866-venus-jupit ... lehem.html

The Eclipce this week

The Woman clothed by the Sun and the moon at her feet.
Sept 23, 2017

All things denote there is a God (Alma 30: 43-45)

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

I was in Rexburg for the eclipse, in the temple parking lot. A lot of you may be disappointed to hear this but the Rexburg and Idaho Falls temples, as well as all other temples and all the cities in the path of totality, are still standing.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Once we pass September/October of this year and nothing happens you can always look forward to September/October of 2018.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Last edited by 4Joshua8 on April 12th, 2020, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

4Joshua8 wrote: April 12th, 2020, 2:36 pm
That's post has was moved to here, but it doesn't have pictures anymore: https://weathertheworst.blogspot.com/20 ... dence.html

Here is the last archive of the original--with pictures:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190415131 ... oincidence

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: August 21st A sign? ...

Post by BeNotDeceived »

brianj wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 10:55 pm I was in Rexburg for the eclipse, in the temple parking lot. A lot of you may be disappointed to hear this but the Rexburg and Idaho Falls temples, as well as all other temples and all the cities in the path of totality, are still standing.
Our Flagship Temple dropping it’s flag/mic/instrument is no cause for concern.

Sleep . but not go back to :mrgreen:
means READ what's in front of the period, THEN what comes before, to arrive at a complete sentence
which in this case, reads: Go Back to Sleep
:|
== :| <-- period ...
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on April 13th, 2020, 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.