To scatter the power of the holy people...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

To scatter the power of the holy people...

Post by friendsofthe »

New blog:
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/to-scatt ... ly-people/

Let me know what you think... ;)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Re: To scatter the power of the holy people...

Post by friendsofthe »

Is there anyone out there who believes as I do, that we are in the 42 months?

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

I read an article by one Reed C. Durham (sp?) who was a long time institute or seminary teacher who said the 42 months represented the apostasy, and so already would have been fulfilled.

To be honest, I'm really not quite convinced of the interpretation of the 42 months that you present in your blog. I really don't think historically, anything we as Saints are going through now qualifies as being remotely close to persecution.

Please keep in mind I say this as someone who really looks forward to your blog and respects your take and knowledge on the subject overall, and I'm certainly open to the possibility I'm dead wrong.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

gangbusters wrote: July 24th, 2017, 7:54 pm I read an article by one Reed C. Durham (sp?) who was a long time institute or seminary teacher who said the 42 months represented the apostasy, and so already would have been fulfilled.

To be honest, I'm really not quite convinced of the interpretation of the 42 months that you present in your blog. I really don't think historically, anything we as Saints are going through now qualifies as being remotely close to persecution.

Please keep in mind I say this as someone who really looks forward to your blog and respects your take and knowledge on the subject overall, and I'm certainly open to the possibility I'm dead wrong.
What about those overseas who are being raped and murdered and crucified merely for being Christians? They may not be LDS but does the master count their suffering when all they would have to do to be spared is deny the Christ?

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

alaris wrote: July 24th, 2017, 8:58 pm
gangbusters wrote: July 24th, 2017, 7:54 pm I read an article by one Reed C. Durham (sp?) who was a long time institute or seminary teacher who said the 42 months represented the apostasy, and so already would have been fulfilled.

What about those overseas who are being raped and murdered and crucified merely for being Christians? They may not be LDS but does the master count their suffering when all they would have to do to be spared is deny the Christ?
You're right. However, christians have been persecuted throughout the ages. You could argue what's happening now is small compared with other examples from history. I'm just not convinced of that interpretation of the 42 months.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

gangbusters wrote:
I read an article by one Reed C. Durham (sp?) who was a long time institute or seminary teacher who said the 42 months represented the apostasy, and so already would have been fulfilled.
If he was speaking of the Rev. 12 where “the woman fled into the wilderness” for “a thousand two hundred and threescore days” he would have been exactly correct in that instance…

However, the other instances of the “one thousand two hundred and sixty days” are quite a different matter…

Alaris wrote:
I agree, we need to keep in mind that all of Christianity has a common origin. It was the Gentiles that Nephi saw coming to America, they had the record of the Jews with them. The early members of the church also descended form that same stock but we have been told we are of Ephraim. Don’t think it’s a stretch to assume that a good percentage of the Christian nations came from the same stock as well.

Looking at it form this point of view, the persecution of Christians in other lands may just matter to the Lord a great deal!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

A good number of my readers feel that things have to get considerably worse before we are in the 42 months and I respect that.

My personal view is that we are in the 42 months and have about 33 months to go. Things could and get much worse over the next 33 months. Have to keep and eye out and see…

If we have WWIII in the spring of 2020, I’m going to say that I was right… ;)