Understanding signs of the times

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Understanding signs of the times

Post by gardener4life »

So I'm sort of new to this forum. Joined this week. I just have some trouble understanding certain parts of Isaiah, 2 Nephi, etc. that I wanted to ask to get help on.

1) How do you tell and understand North America events from Israel events in 2 Nephi and Isaiah, etc?

example 1; 2 Nephi 20: 32 ...shake his hand against the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem...(this particular event the Jews aren't converted yet, so how could it apply to them if they aren't yet in Zion, and therefore not daughter of Zion? Also last we checked there were verses about the daughter of Zion being haughty; and it seems LDS and Americans seem less humble than modern jews in Israel but I could be wrong...)

Example 2; 2 Nephi 20 seems to go in conjunction with parts of things mentioned in Daniel in verses before Michael comes to set up things before the second coming.

Example 3; 2 Nephi 13:16-17 seems to imply punishment for Saints because of haughtiness of daughters of Sion. (This seems to imply LDS people, particularly when you look at it from point of view of looking at how a certain conference talk referenced how men were being pushed out of society in a recent conference priesthood session.) (Also it seems that 2 Nephi 13 sets the stage for 2 Nephi 14. 2 Nephi the daughters of Zion punished but 2 Nephi 14 they will be redeemed again at the Millenial Day) (the daughter of Zion could be anyone proud, not just sisters, such as meaning the rising generation growing up in the gospel?) (And 2 Nephi 13;14-15 seems to resemble what's been going on in the U.S. Example; eaten up the vineyard --> several meanings but it can mean the poor state of our economy with everything given to foreign countries with little infrastructure left, grind upon the face of the poor; just the other day an article in news about homelessness in L.A. wasn't drug people anymore but just normal young people with no opportunities, high cost of housing.)

Example 4; Daniel 8 heading reads; and then, in the last days, a fierce king who will destroy the holy people (I suppose technically you could apply this to both Saints in the U.S., and the Jewish people since we and they are inseparably connected...but I feel less sure about this than I feel I need to be. It would help if I had some inspiration on this from someone who could explain it as an inspired teaching point of view.)

Example 5; Daniel 11 talks of King of the North fighting the king of the south; are we to understand that this is a symbolism of the nations holding the saints ( If America is holding the LDS people, similar to how Egypt houses the Israelites for a time then...you can I think follow my thinking of wondering if the North represents a faction going against the U.S.? And if this were true it would explain certain parts of 2 Nephi of daughter of Zion being punished?) Partly too what made me wonder about it with this direction is that Egypt can't represent real Egypt, because Egypt would be against Zion if its an arab pro-muslim state right, not for Israel as a modern country if this were without symbolism? And also if I'm understanding this right part of the symbolism of it being Egypt is a country housing the saints before their separation from Babylon...and the North can't be on the side of right either because it says vs 28 that the North will set his heart against the Holy Covenant. And verse 27 seems to be a parable of the Cold War.

At any rate, I take no credit for this, these are snippets of thought some of them given to me by others. I am trying to confirm it and study it out then to ask if this interpretation is true. By talking about it with others also studying it out I hope to make sure I haven't missed something in the study it out phase. But with all things asking in prayer of faith for true confirmation is most important.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: Understanding signs of the times

Post by gardener4life »

Thought I should make a correction here. Rather than 2 Nephi 20, it would be better to correlate with Daniel 7 and Daniel 12.

Different
captain of 100

Re: Understanding signs of the times

Post by Different »

gardener4life wrote: July 22nd, 2017, 3:09 pm Thought I should make a correction here. Rather than 2 Nephi 20, it would be better to correlate with Daniel 7 and Daniel 12.
Prepare for 100 different answers lol :P