Doom coming on Sept. 23rd?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Doom coming on Sept. 23rd?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

MMbelieve wrote: July 20th, 2017, 10:55 pm Image
Yes, life as usual will happen.
Yes, normal day here on planet Earth while wondrous celestial events occur in the heavens.

It must mean something to someone. :-\

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

brianj wrote: July 22nd, 2017, 11:26 am
littlemikey wrote: July 21st, 2017, 8:19 pm Can we just agree that it's all going down Aug 21 with the Eclipse??!! I mean, Julie said in her video blog on YouTube that shiz is going down...and she's always right...right?? Hahaha!
Shiz already went down. He got so angry at Coriantumr that he lost his head.
Oh dear? I heard he was turned into a newt. But he got better.

littlemikey
captain of 100

Post by littlemikey »

littlemikey wrote: July 21st, 2017, 8:19 pm Can we just agree that it's all going down Aug 21 with the Eclipse??!! I mean, Julie said in her video blog on YouTube that shiz is going down...and she's always right...right?? Hahaha!
Hahahaha, well played!!

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Boom

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Thought I'd bring this thread back to the attention of the forum now that we are so close to the 23rd. I still say that it's going to be a big nothing burger.... what say you?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

First of all let me say that we are commanded by the Lord to look for signs of his coming, so any attitude that shuts people down from doing that we can know with a perfect knowledge that it is of the devil. For someone who blogs about the scriptures so often, I'm sure you understand that.

I'm not sure if there will be accompanying signs, but I tend to believe there will be. Just as the earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, and seven solar flares in seven days during a solar minimum that have all come since the eclipse on 8/21 (33 days before 9/23) can all be swept under the rug and safely ignored by the unbelieving, I'm sure that any accompanying signs on 9/23 will be treated as such by most. I have stated elsewhere that it stands to reason there would be hopeful signs on or near 9/23 to stand in contrast to the destruction that has preceded it. A lake appearing here or a fountain there as prophesied in Isaiah will likely only be appreciated by those who believe.

That said I know 9/23 is the sign in Revelation 12. The man child is the end times servant. This could be even more a private affair than the Lord's birth was which was also accompanied by a heavenly sign. However, all we have to do to find out for ourselves is inquire of the Lord. Those here on LDSFF who have inquired humbly seem to be on the same page on 9/23 and those who seem to think nothing will happen seem to already know better without having to waste time on humility, sincerity, and prayer.
1 Nephi 15:8 And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord?

9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

alaris wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:35 am First of all let me say that we are commanded by the Lord to look for signs of his coming, so any attitude that shuts people down from doing that we can know with a perfect knowledge that it is of the devil. For someone who blogs about the scriptures so often, I'm sure you understand that.Why are you so defensive? Yes, we are counseled to watch for the signs of his coming, but we are not counseled to believe everything that random anonymous posters on the internet say is truth. It's not 'of the devil' to be wary of the false christs, false prophets and false teachers which we were warned about who, if possible, will deceive even the very elect with their false prophecies/teachings. In two weeks we'll listen to the Lord's true servants on earth and their counsels to us. If they talk about davidic servants, marred servants, Josephite prophets, women giving birth in the sky to a son and dragon faces in the heavens, then we'll listen carefully to what they have to say. But if not, I think I"m safe to use caution in trusting the many competing theories put forward on this forum.

I'm not sure if there will be accompanying signs, but I tend to believe there will be. Just as the earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, and seven solar flares in seven days during a solar minimum that have all come since the eclipse on 8/21 (33 days before 9/23) can all be swept under the rug and safely ignored by the unbelieving, I'm sure that any accompanying signs on 9/23 will be treated as such by most. I have stated elsewhere that it stands to reason there would be hopeful signs on or near 9/23 to stand in contrast to the destruction that has preceded it. A lake appearing here or a fountain there as prophesied in Isaiah will likely only be appreciated by those who believe.We are living in the last days and we can expect more environmental upheavals as the Lord begins to 'preach' his own 'sermons' to the world to wake them up. Read the second to Last paragraph of the Family proclamation to see that we can expect this. It isn't necessary that these calamities be tied up to alignments of the stars.

That said I know 9/23 is the sign in Revelation 12. The man child is the end times servant. This could be even more a private affair than the Lord's birth was which was also accompanied by a heavenly sign. However, all we have to do to find out for ourselves is inquire of the Lord. Those here on LDSFF who have inquired humbly seem to be on the same page on 9/23 and those who seem to think nothing will happen seem to already know better without having to waste time on humility, sincerity, and prayer.This is your theory. It's not backed up by any scripture,
you are interpreting Revelation 12 in a way that you and others on the internet think this alignment of stars means. You are also picking and choosing among the passages of scripture and interpreting them to suit your theory.

9 And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us.
How do you know that we have not inquired of the Lord?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

AI2.0 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:55 am
alaris wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:35 am First of all let me say that we are commanded by the Lord to look for signs of his coming, so any attitude that shuts people down from doing that we can know with a perfect knowledge that it is of the devil. For someone who blogs about the scriptures so often, I'm sure you understand that.Why are you so defensive? Yes, we are counseled to watch for the signs of his coming, but we are not counseled to believe everything that random anonymous posters on the internet say is truth. It's not 'of the devil' to be wary of the false christs, false prophets and false teachers which we were warned about who, if possible, will deceive even the very elect with their false prophecies/teachings. In two weeks we'll listen to the Lord's true servants on earth and their counsels to us. If they talk about davidic servants, marred servants, Josephite prophets, women giving birth in the sky to a son and dragon faces in the heavens, then we'll listen carefully to what they have to say. But if not, I think I"m safe to use caution in trusting the many competing theories put forward on this forum.

I'm not sure if there will be accompanying signs, but I tend to believe there will be. Just as the earthquakes, wildfires, hurricanes, and seven solar flares in seven days during a solar minimum that have all come since the eclipse on 8/21 (33 days before 9/23) can all be swept under the rug and safely ignored by the unbelieving, I'm sure that any accompanying signs on 9/23 will be treated as such by most. I have stated elsewhere that it stands to reason there would be hopeful signs on or near 9/23 to stand in contrast to the destruction that has preceded it. A lake appearing here or a fountain there as prophesied in Isaiah will likely only be appreciated by those who believe.We are living in the last days and we can expect more environmental upheavals as the Lord begins to 'preach' his own 'sermons' to the world to wake them up. Read the second to Last paragraph of the Family proclamation to see that we can expect this. It isn't necessary that these calamities be tied up to alignments of the stars.

That said I know 9/23 is the sign in Revelation 12. The man child is the end times servant. This could be even more a private affair than the Lord's birth was which was also accompanied by a heavenly sign. However, all we have to do to find out for ourselves is inquire of the Lord. Those here on LDSFF who have inquired humbly seem to be on the same page on 9/23 and those who seem to think nothing will happen seem to already know better without having to waste time on humility, sincerity, and prayer.This is your theory. It's not backed up by any scripture,
you are interpreting Revelation 12 in a way that you and others on the internet think this alignment of stars means. You are also picking and choosing among the passages of scripture and interpreting them to suit your theory.

How do you know that we have not inquired of the Lord?
AI2.0 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:55 am How do you know that we have not inquired of the Lord?
A. Because of what you just said. If you had inquired you would have mentioned that rather than ask how I know. Plus, it's fewer words. ;) So now you can admit you haven't or pretend you did. Choose wisely.
B. The spirit which you engage is off - it is not the Spirit of the Lord that accompanies you, in fact your words reflect a hardness in your own heart whereas if it had not been for your drive-by thread stopper attempts, I would be happily marveling at the signs that are unfolding with my brothers and sisters rather than responding to antagonism.
C. If you had, then we would see eye to eye and you'd join the discussions on trying to seek out the truth rather than fight against them by pronouncing woes and warnings.

As for your "defensiveness" accusation, I'm attempting to appeal to Frank's higher sensibilities as to the implications of starting a thread about how "nothing is going to happen" against a sign that is proven to overtly resemble Revelation 12. I genuinely believe the sign is a marker for the ascent of the Davidic Servant. The sign could be completely private between him, the Lord, and the Father - or there could be accompanying signs which seems to me to make more sense--hopeful signs. That is my predicition but at no point has the Lord commanded me to make a "Thus Saith The Lord" prophecy. If he does, I'll be sure to throw that in there.

I agree that no doom will come on 9/23 and certainly no mass rapture. But nothing ... saying nothing will happen is folly.
Last edited by Alaris on September 18th, 2017, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

alaris wrote: September 18th, 2017, 11:35 am
That said I know 9/23 is the sign in Revelation 12.
Cracking me up all the armchair prophesying in this thread.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

brlenox wrote: September 18th, 2017, 12:46 pm
Saying nothing will happen without inquiring of the Lord is an armchair prophesy. Saying I have a witness from the Lord Himself that something will indeed happen in regards to the ascension of the Lord's servant certainly isn't armchair. Have you inquired Brlenox? If it's true it's reproducible.

I would gladly be the only person taking this stance, though it is comforting that other's have added their own witnesses, including Avraham Gileadi.

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

There is something about this sign coming on the 23rd September. I do not believe it will be a Rapture or the End of the world but the fact that the Lord thought it important enough for John to record it in the book of Revelation means it is significant. This is a one off event as there has never been 12 stars over the head of the virgin before according to Astronomers. Is the red Dragon Nibiru or Nemesis? We only have a few days to wait and see.
Exciting times!!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Goonerboy wrote: September 18th, 2017, 1:51 pm There is something about this sign coming on the 23rd September. I do not believe it will be a Rapture or the End of the world but the fact that the Lord thought it important enough for John to record it in the book of Revelation means it is significant. This is a one off event as there has never been 12 stars over the head of the virgin before according to Astronomers. Is the red Dragon Nibiru or Nemesis? We only have a few days to wait and see.
Exciting times!!
Just be ready to be mocked by the prophecy police if nothing overt happens on that day. ;)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Here's another coincidence for the doubters, naysayers, mockers, and antagonizers in addition to the hurricanes, earthquakes, fires, floods, and seven solar flares in seven days during a solar minimum:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/russia-zap ... -war-nato/

Your parents must be so proud.
Last edited by Alaris on September 18th, 2017, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I suspect that the sign is either marking a private but significant event that is important to the Lord, or it is merely another foreshadowing of something to occur. Either way, I expect that nothing will happen that the world would take much notice from, but then again, I've been wrong before.

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

There was a lot more hype for the blood moons, and nothing noticeable happened afterwards. Something can be said of the eclipse this year. Not too much overall hype for September 23rd. Out of all that have come and gone, this is the one I'm most interested in because you can tie it to the scriptures, and actual prophecy fulfillment. On the other hand, I'm inclined to think this may be a shadow fulfillment if anything. Even if it is fulfilled, how many wise men will know?

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

Jonesy1982 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:29 pm There was a lot more hype for the blood moons, and nothing noticeable happened afterwards. Something can be said of the eclipse this year. Not too much overall hype for September 23rd. Out of all that have come and gone, this is the one I'm most interested in because you can tie it to the scriptures, and actual prophecy fulfillment. On the other hand, I'm inclined to think this may be a shadow fulfillment if anything. Even if it is fulfilled, how many wise men will know?
That's pretty much how I feel about it too. The blood moons, the eclipse, etc are all on pretty shaky ground. They don't seem to tie very closely to any scriptures. The Sept 23rd sign though, seems to match very well with Revelation 12. It should be very exciting! But, perhaps everyone is just burned out from all the other false prophecies and fake signs, etc.

Goonerboy
captain of 50

Post by Goonerboy »

alaris wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:00 pm
Goonerboy wrote: September 18th, 2017, 1:51 pm There is something about this sign coming on the 23rd September. I do not believe it will be a Rapture or the End of the world but the fact that the Lord thought it important enough for John to record it in the book of Revelation means it is significant. This is a one off event as there has never been 12 stars over the head of the virgin before according to Astronomers. Is the red Dragon Nibiru or Nemesis? We only have a few days to wait and see.
Exciting times!!
Just be ready to be mocked by the prophecy police if nothing overt happens on that day. ;)
Yep!! What will they say if something does happen? It will all go quiet.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Goonerboy wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:42 pm
alaris wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:00 pm
Exciting times!!
Yep!! What will they say if something does happen? It will all go quiet.
Don't hold your breath. Lots has happened since the lunar eclipse on 8/21 and the same prophecy policemen are saying "nothing to see her folks" which is why saying "nothing will happen" without even an inquiry to the Lord is a setting oneself up for a poor choice later on. Tow the line or *gasp* admit wrong. I'll say it here again - I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong about 9/23 even if there are no outward signs. I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if and when we find out this wasn't the sign in Revelation 12 calling for the man child to rule all nations with a rod of iron, though we won't necessarily know that on 9/24 sadly.

RAB
captain of 100

Post by RAB »

Rensai wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:38 pm
Jonesy1982 wrote: September 18th, 2017, 2:29 pm There was a lot more hype for the blood moons, and nothing noticeable happened afterwards. Something can be said of the eclipse this year. Not too much overall hype for September 23rd. Out of all that have come and gone, this is the one I'm most interested in because you can tie it to the scriptures, and actual prophecy fulfillment. On the other hand, I'm inclined to think this may be a shadow fulfillment if anything. Even if it is fulfilled, how many wise men will know?
That's pretty much how I feel about it too. The blood moons, the eclipse, etc are all on pretty shaky ground. They don't seem to tie very closely to any scriptures. The Sept 23rd sign though, seems to match very well with Revelation 12. It should be very exciting! But, perhaps everyone is just burned out from all the other false prophecies and fake signs, etc.
I think that is the problem with the Julie Rowes of the world. They weary people who rely on their false predictions into faithlessness...that actual scriptural prophecies will never be fulfilled.

brlenox

Post by brlenox »

alaris wrote: September 18th, 2017, 1:21 pm
brlenox wrote: September 18th, 2017, 12:46 pm
Saying nothing will happen without inquiring of the Lord is an armchair prophesy. Saying I have a witness from the Lord Himself that something will indeed happen in regards to the ascension of the Lord's servant certainly isn't armchair. Have you inquired Brlenox? If it's true it's reproducible.

I would gladly be the only person taking this stance, though it is comforting that other's have added their own witnesses, including Avraham Gileadi.
No I have not inquired, I am as ready now as I will be then, so I am not too worked up about it....as far as the arm chair prophesy quote I copied that off of your response from page one of this thread. Thought I would take it on a test run and see if it generated anything....

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

There is a very specific reason why I don’t take this Rev 12 thing seriously. It’s because of the fact that I had spent considerable time on Rev 12, long before this latest theory became popular. I believe that I’ve long known what it’s about and it’s nothing to do with astronomy. I therefore believe that what has been promoted on this topic will all prove to be nothing but hype…

Not trying to suppress anyone’s right to believe what he or she want to believe or think. If any of you have posted volumes of info on this subject and think I’ve read it and that I’m mocking you, you’re wrong. I haven’t read it! I’m a serious student of prophecy and don’t have time to spend on this stuff other to take a moment to have a little fun with it. In doing so I’ve not pointed fingers at any person, just believe that this thing is going to fall flat on it’s face.

We shall all know soon enough, right?

I’m not a big follower of Avraham Gileadi but would be interested in reading what he had to say about this. Would someone like to post it?

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: September 18th, 2017, 7:49 pm There is a very specific reason why I don’t take this Rev 12 thing seriously. It’s because of the fact that I had spent considerable time on Rev 12, long before this latest theory became popular. I believe that I’ve long known what it’s about and it’s nothing to do with astronomy. I therefore believe that what has been promoted on this topic will all prove to be nothing but hype…

Not trying to suppress anyone’s right to believe what he or she want to believe or think. If any of you have posted volumes of info on this subject and think I’ve read it and that I’m mocking you, you’re wrong. I haven’t read it! I’m a serious student of prophecy and don’t have time to spend on this stuff other to take a moment to have a little fun with it. In doing so I’ve not pointed fingers at any person, just believe that this thing is going to fall flat on it’s face.

We shall all know soon enough, right?

I’m not a big follower of Avraham Gileadi but would be interested in reading what he had to say about this. Would someone like to post it?
This is what I posted back in June:

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... aimer.html

Here is the JST for
Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.
To me this reads as a sign in the sky in the likeness of things on earth. If not stars, then what?

Rosevhs
captain of 10

Post by Rosevhs »

The question is one of belief or unbelief: “He that believeth shall be blest with signs following, even as it is written. And unto you it shall be given to know the signs of the times, and the signs of the coming of the Son of Man” (Doctrine & Covenants 68:10–11); “And it shall come to pass that he that feareth me shall be looking forth for the great day of the Lord to come, even for the signs of the coming of the Son of Man. And they shall see signs and wonders, for they shall be shown forth in the heavens above, and in the earth beneath” (Doctrine & Covenants 45:39–40).

Jonesy
captain of 1,000

Post by Jonesy »

LDS Anarchist wrote: September 18th, 2017, 5:25 pm A long time ago after learning about the Josephite and that he was in a box, I asked the Lord for a series of very specific signs (witnesses), by which I would know when the man was about to come out of his box. Not one of those signs that I asked for has happened, yet. Therefore, this 23rd thing, although interesting as a shadow sign, is not significant to me. If, however, one of those other signs I asked for happens on or before that date, well then that would be a horse of a different color.
What are the signs, if I may?

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

friendsofthe wrote: July 19th, 2017, 8:52 pm I've been reading a few posts about something that's supposed to happen on Sept. 23rd... Nothing is going to happen! That's what I say...

What do you say?
Of course nothing's going to happen. BYU has a bye that week. The following week is possible because we play USU that week, but we've got a good chance there. More likely doom will come the week thereafter, October 6. We play Boise State that week. Talk about doom, we have a .286 record against them.