Doom coming on Sept. 23rd?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Doom coming on Sept. 23rd?

Post by friendsofthe »

I've been reading a few posts about something that's supposed to happen on Sept. 23rd based on what I would consider a complete misinterpretation of Rev. 12. I'm going to say that the whole thing is 100% totally wrong! Nothing is going to happen! That's what I say...

What do you say? Feel free to chip in, give us your opinion. Then we can wait until the 24th and see who was right or wrong... Have some fun with this!

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Doom coming on Sept. 23rd?

Post by MMbelieve »

Nothing will happen on the 23rd

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Plenty will happen on September 23, but nothing that was prophesied in Revelation and no other major prophecies will be fulfilled that day.

setyourselffree
captain of 1,000

Post by setyourselffree »

brianj wrote: July 19th, 2017, 9:40 pm Plenty will happen on September 23, but nothing that was prophesied in Revelation and no other major prophecies will be fulfilled that day.
My wife's birthday will happen on that day.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

When a tread was first posted about this I posited that perhaps it is when prosperity is known to have begun based off of a definition similar to how to know when we've entered a recession.

Then news of the moon shadow crossing the continent was posted that seemed plausible dates to conclude prosperity had begun and continued for seven years.

Economic perceptions are arbitrary and capricious despite best efforts to quantify them.

Here is lastest report: The Atlanta Fed GDPNow estimate for Q2 rose to 2.5% from a low estimate of 2.4% on July 14th. The high water mark was the first estimate at 4.3%. ... http://www.forexlive.com/news/!/the-atl ... t-20170719

Time will tell and GDP is only one indication among many. Prosperity propped up on a mountain of debt looks to be the best we can hope for. The bigger the bubble gets the bigger the mess it will be when she finally does blow.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Cracking me up all the armchair prophesying in this thread.

gangbusters
captain of 100

Post by gangbusters »

The sure way to know something isn't going to happen is when someone who isn't a prophet pronounces an exact day as the arrival of some major sign or event. Even more so when that "sign" is open to many interpretations or can be contorted to mean anything one wants.

Third, when the people predicting it are so hyper susceptible to scuttlebutt about and overly invested emotionally to the event they purport will happen that it's obvious their anticipation of the event is clouding their judgement.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Saying something definitively won't happen is just as foolish and arrogant as saying something will happen without the spirit of prophecy or even a simple inquiry to the Lord. The only difference is one is easier and far more statistically probable.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Are we talking about September this year (2017)?
The reason I ask is that this prediction seems to be an annual occurrence. Some major doomsday type incident has been predicted for at least the last three Septembers to my certain knowledge.

I won't hold my breathe.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

While I believe the total solar eclipse is a sign of the times, I don't believe doom is coming on September 23rd. There is a lot more to do! Looking forward to conference the next week.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Sunain wrote: July 20th, 2017, 10:54 am While I believe the total solar eclipse is a sign of the times, I don't believe doom is coming on September 23rd. There is a lot more to do! Looking forward to conference the next week.
The eclipse is not September 23.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

If you believe any kind of doom or calamity will occur on Sep 23rd, I have a handful of magic beans I'd like to sell you.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Nothing will happen until people think that nothing will happen

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Every year we hear the ticking of the clock. One year we'll hear the chiming of midnight.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

setyourselffree wrote: July 19th, 2017, 9:53 pm
brianj wrote: July 19th, 2017, 9:40 pm Plenty will happen on September 23, but nothing that was prophesied in Revelation and no other major prophecies will be fulfilled that day.
This is very ominous...have you noticed this pattern before?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

When the majority of members in your ward are boasting of their righteousness and tell you that God is happy and well pleased, then something will happen.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

cyclOps wrote: July 20th, 2017, 11:28 am
Sunain wrote: July 20th, 2017, 10:54 am While I believe the total solar eclipse is a sign of the times, I don't believe doom is coming on September 23rd. There is a lot more to do! Looking forward to conference the next week.
Is this a prediction? or a revelation?

Rensai
captain of 1,000

Post by Rensai »

brlenox wrote: July 20th, 2017, 1:21 pm
cyclOps wrote: July 20th, 2017, 11:28 am
Is this a prediction? or a revelation?
Its about the fulfillment of the sign in revelation 12:1
jst rev 12 wrote: 1 And there appeared a great sign in heaven, in the likeness of things on the earth; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

2 And the woman being with child, cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

3 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up unto God and his throne.

Some Christians are convinced it will be fulfilled on sept 23rd this year and mark the beginning of the rapture, see the video for a good quick 15 minute explanation.

Now I think they are dead wrong about concluding it means the start of the rapture, but the sign itself does seem to fit fairly well with sept 23rd.

What it means isn't really super clear but from the JST we have:
JST Rev 12:7 wrote: 7 And the dragon prevailed not against Michael, neither the child, nor the woman which was the church of God, who had been delivered of her pains, and brought forth the kingdom of our God and his Christ.
It seems the kingdom of God and the return of Christ to rule is what the child represents. So I think if anything it marks the first step towards getting us from where we are today, to the millennial kingdom of Christ. Who knows what that first step will be though. It could be something big and noticeable, but it doesn't have to be. That's assuming the sign is being correctly identified of course.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

SmallFarm wrote: July 20th, 2017, 1:18 pm Every year we hear the ticking of the clock. One year we'll hear the chiming of midnight.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Rensai wrote: July 20th, 2017, 1:57 pm Now I think they are dead wrong about concluding it means the start of the rapture, but the sign itself does seem to fit fairly well with sept 23rd.

What it means isn't really super clear but from the JST we have:
JST Rev 12:7 wrote: 7 And the dragon prevailed not against Michael, neither the child, nor the woman which was the church of God, who had been delivered of her pains, and brought forth the kingdom of our God and his Christ.
It seems the kingdom of God and the return of Christ to rule is what the child represents. So I think if anything it marks the first step towards getting us from where we are today, to the millennial kingdom of Christ. Who knows what that first step will be though. It could be something big and noticeable, but it doesn't have to be. That's assuming the sign is being correctly identified of course.
Thanks Rensai. Rensai and I have discussed this in another thread. I have watched at least a half a dozen of these videos, and in most of them I posted something to the effect of, "When you all are not raptured on 9/23, I invite you to read the Book of Mormon for 15 minutes, ponder the words, and pray with sincerity to discover that God has revealed additional scripture in these last days." As you can imagine I have not been met with a warm reception. O:-)

lemuel
Operating Thetan

Post by lemuel »

John Pratt is always a fun read--
http://www.johnpratt.com/items/docs/201 ... h_sun.html

So here's the basic idea as best as I can tell (but the whole thing is worth reading):

And there appeared a great sign in heaven in the likeness of things on the earth, a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars.

JST adds a lot to Rev 12:
Woman = church of God
child = kingdom of God

Pratt thinks that a similar sign was given in 2 BC, heralding that Jesus would be born within the year.

Wed 26 Sep 1832--some stuff happened with Virgo and Venus--preceded the establishment of the kingdom on Passover 1833 in Pratt's opinion.

Jan 2017: Jupiter begins its retrograde motion, which just happens to line up with the womb of the constellation Virgo (the Virgin). Jupiter spends 9.5 months in the womb of the constellation Virgo, exiting on Sep 23 2017.
Note that in all of these signs, nothing of note occurred on the days on which the signs were seen in the heavens. In every case they were foreshadowing things to come. In all of my articles, no predictions of what would happen on any future date have been made; it has been enough to analyze the past. But when one has a calendar one can say what a future date will be and calculations can predict where the sun, moon, and planets will be on that date. All that is being said here is that in 2017 it truly appears that those celestial bodies will be in positions that seem to perfectly fulfill the stipulations of the prophecy. As in the other occurrences, it is not expected that anything else unusual will happen on that day. Any implications about the future are derived only from the prophecy itself and comparison to the earlier apparent fulfillments.
Jesus was born, and hardly anyone knew it. The world didn't notice anything in 1832-33. Most likely, if anything important happens, or if the kingdom of God returns or something, it won't be noticed by the world.

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

setyourselffree wrote: July 19th, 2017, 9:53 pm
Just don't forget that it's her birthday and act accordingly, otherwise...

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
I don't know why I didn't realize this before but the Dragon casts the third part of the stars to earth before the man child is born. Though this may reference the war in heaven, verse 3 identifies this as another wonder in heaven. So if this September 23rd is the fulfillment of Revelation 12 then there will likely be a meteor shower or some other heavenly sign first.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draconids

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taurids

In another thread, I have already shared my interpretation of Revelation 12 and September 23rd as a result of much study, prayer, and personal revelation. I wasn't eager to share this pearl given the first few responses, but am happy to suffer any potential naysayers for those seeking truth.

http://lordoftheseraphim.blogspot.com/2 ... r.html?m=1

As I do not want to necessarily derail this thread and the "fun" intent, here is the thread I started on this same subject for anyone who may want to comment on this in a more serious venue.

viewtopic.php?t=45814

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

MMbelieve wrote: July 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm Nothing will happen on the 23rd
Something will happen here:

Click on the image to see what's happening on the 23rd. Image

classic music of The Guess Who™, Burton Cummings and BTO will be heard by many.

stuff will happen in Waco too

leaders set to swarm Parliamentary Summit’ in September too.

Image What do these four things have in common? :o)

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

BeNotDeceived wrote: July 20th, 2017, 10:32 pm
MMbelieve wrote: July 19th, 2017, 9:19 pm Nothing will happen on the 23rd
Something will happen here:

Click on the image to see what's happening on the 23rd. Image

classic music of The Guess Who™, Burton Cummings and BTO will be heard by many.

stuff will happen in Waco too

leaders set to swarm Parliamentary Summit’ in September too.

Image What do these four things have in common? :o)
Yes, life as usual will happen.