Personal Seer Stone/Urim and Thummim

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
ExtraCelestial
captain of 10

Personal Seer Stone/Urim and Thummim

Post by ExtraCelestial »

I am looking for the quote that Joseph Smith gave in regards to the fact that all members should find their own Personal Seer Stone/Urim and Thummim. I am having a hard time finding the reference or maybe I am just confused. Thank you.

Syn
captain of 50

Re: Personal Seer Stone/Urim and Thummim

Post by Syn »

rev. 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

D&C 130:6-11
6 The angels do not reside on a planet like this earth;

7 But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all things for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.

8 The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim.

9 This earth, in its sanctified and immortal state, will be made like unto crystal and will be a Urim and Thummim to the inhabitants who dwell thereon, whereby all things pertaining to an inferior kingdom, or all kingdoms of a lower order, will be manifest to those who dwell on it; and this earth will be Christ’s.

10 Then the white stone mentioned in Revelation 2:17, will become a Urim and Thummim to each individual who receives one, whereby things pertaining to a higher order of kingdoms will be made known;

11 And a white stone is given to each of those who come into the celestial kingdom, whereon is a new name written, which no man knoweth save he that receiveth it. The new name is the key word.

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: Personal Seer Stone/Urim and Thummim

Post by inho »

There is an old thread about that: viewtopic.php?t=20578

From that thread:
5tev3 wrote: December 30th, 2011, 12:04 am "Every man who lived on the earth," Joseph said to them, "was entitled to a seer stone, and should have one, but they are kept from them in consequence of their wickedness, and most of those who do find one make evil use of it."

(Brigham Young's journal, as quoted in Latter-day Millennial Star, 26:118,119)

I've got a long way to go before I'd ever need one
Here is link to the scanned pdf of the Millenial Star: http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cdm/compou ... 922/rec/26