And at that time shall Michael stand up...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

And at that time shall Michael stand up...

Post by friendsofthe »

Latest blog, let me know what you think...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-at-t ... -stand-up/

gangbusters
captain of 100

Re: And at that time shall Michael stand up...

Post by gangbusters »

Interesting read. It's always tough to put any ancient prophecy into modern context, especially from Isaiah. It's interesting that when I was a kid in the 80's I was petrified of nuclear war. Now no one talks about it as a serious threat. It seems unlikely with all the crazies running countries that nukes won't be used again.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Love it!

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

Thank you!! I love reading your stuff! I have understood a few things differently than you have interpreted. Tell me what you think:

In verse 7 of Isaiah 18 we read:

“In that time shall the present be brought unto the Lord of hosts of a people scattered and peeled, and from a people terrible from their beginning hitherto; a nation meted out and trodden under foot, whose land the rivers have spoiled, to the place of the name of the Lord of hosts, the mount Zion.”

In my mind this is talking about the return of the lost 10 tribes. This is the present to the Lord, a people "scattered and peeled and terrible from their beginning". The present to the Lord and people who have been terrible from the beginning describes to me the children of Israel. It reminds me of these verses from D&C 133:

26 And they who are in the north countries shall come in remembrance before the Lord; and their prophets shall hear his voice, and shall no longer stay themselves; and they shall smite the rocks, and the ice shall flow down at their presence.
27 And an highway shall be cast up in the midst of the great deep.
28 Their enemies shall become a prey unto them,
29 And in the barren deserts there shall come forth pools of living water; and the parched ground shall no longer be a thirsty land.
30 And they shall bring forth their rich treasures unto the children of Ephraim, my servants.
31 And the boundaries of the everlasting hills shall tremble at their presence.
32 And there shall they fall down and be crowned with glory, even in Zion, by the hands of the servants of the Lord, even the children of Ephraim.

The time of trouble would clear the way for this gathering of Israel where they will meet Ephraim in Zion, give them their records and receive their temple endowments at the hand of Ephraim.

The only other thing that I have thought differently is that "the end of the wonders" was referring to the time of the destruction and scattering of the people of God and not necessarily the end of it all until Christ comes. It describes the terrible destruction before Adam comes and the saints begin to prevail.

Daniel 12:6-7
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

I have thought that God would give power to the anti-Christ (little horn) to have power over and overcome the saints for 3 1/2 years.

Daniel 7:25
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

At this point Michael will come to Adam-ondi-ahman and from that point on, the saints will begin to prevail and to build up Zion and gather out the elect from the four quarters of the earth.

Daniel 7:21-22
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Here's Nephi maybe discribing the same thing.

1 Nephi 14: 17, 13-14
17 And when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his covenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.
13 And it came to pass that I beheld that the great mother of abominations did gather together multitudes upon the face of all the earth, among all the nations of the Gentiles, to fight against the Lamb of God.
14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

Anyway, us crazy last days people all have our own ideas!
Hopefully you don't mind me chiming in!! Keep up the good blog:)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: July 1st, 2017, 3:24 pm Latest blog, let me know what you think...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-at-t ... -stand-up/
Thank you for the great blog. I believe there are two references to the Davidic Servant and one to the two witnesses in your blog. I will delineate time permitting. What will you blog next? I have seen a lot of gentile interpretations online about the third temple - - that would be a great topic as a suggestion.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Alaris wrote:
Thank you for the great blog. I believe there are two references to the Davidic Servant and one to the two witnesses in your blog. I will delineate time permitting. What will you blog next? I have seen a lot of gentile interpretations online about the third temple - - that would be a great topic as a suggestion.
My view on the building of a new temple in Jerusalem would be quite contrary to the thinking of most folks both within the church and those who are non LDS…. Don’t think it will be built until after Christ comes to the Jews. In this respect I find myself in agreement with Joseph Fielding Smith who said:

“After the Jews have repented and received the Gospel, having ackowledged Jesus Christ as their Redeemer, the temple in Jerusalem will be built according to the prophecy in Ezekiel.” SIGNS OF THE TIMES, Joseph Fielding SMITH 238

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

True wrote:
The only other thing that I have thought differently is that "the end of the wonders" was referring to the time of the destruction and scattering of the people of God and not necessarily the end of it all until Christ comes. It describes the terrible destruction before Adam comes and the saints begin to prevail.

Daniel 12:6-7
6 And one said to the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, How long shall it be to the end of these wonders?
7 And I heard the man clothed in linen, which was upon the waters of the river, when he held up his right hand and his left hand unto heaven, and sware by him that liveth for ever that it shall be for a time, times, and an half; and when he shall have accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall be finished.

I have thought that God would give power to the anti-Christ (little horn) to have power over and overcome the saints for 3 1/2 years.

Daniel 7:25
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

At this point Michael will come to Adam-ondi-ahman and from that point on, the saints will begin to prevail and to build up Zion and gather out the elect from the four quarters of the earth.

Daniel 7:21-22
21 I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

Here's Nephi maybe discribing the same thing.

1 Nephi 14: 17, 13-14
17 And when the day cometh that the wrath of God is poured out upon the mother of harlots, which is the great and abominable church of all the earth, whose founder is the devil, then, at that day, the work of the Father shall commence, in preparing the way for the fulfilling of his covenants, which he hath made to his people who are of the house of Israel.
13 And it came to pass that I beheld that the great mother of abominations did gather together multitudes upon the face of all the earth, among all the nations of the Gentiles, to fight against the Lamb of God.
14 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, beheld the power of the Lamb of God, that it descended upon the saints of the church of the Lamb, and upon the covenant people of the Lord, who were scattered upon all the face of the earth; and they were armed with righteousness and with the power of God in great glory.

Anyway, us crazy last days people all have our own ideas!
Hopefully you don't mind me chiming in!! Keep up the good blog:)

OK, so I don’t think we are so far apart in our thinking about the 42 months, the 3 ½ years or the 1260 days leading up to “the abomination of desolation” on the Gentiles. Daniel speaks of it in chapters 7 and 12. John gives us a view of the same in Rev. 13:1-10. If we study this material and are able to discern when it begins to unfold we have effectively identified a 42-month countdown to the judgment on the “land shadowing with wings” (America) which we know commences in the spring of the year. So we should look for the 42 months to start to unfold in the fall or around election time….

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

friendsofthe wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 9:00 am
OK, so I don’t think we are so far apart in our thinking about the 42 months, the 3 ½ years or the 1260 days leading up to “the abomination of desolation” on the Gentiles. Daniel speaks of it in chapters 7 and 12. John gives us a view of the same in Rev. 13:1-10. If we study this material and are able to discern when it begins to unfold we have effectively identified a 42-month countdown to the judgment on the “land shadowing with wings” (America) which we know commences in the spring of the year. So we should look for the 42 months to start to unfold in the fall or around election time….

2024 is an election year and the second of two eclipses occurs in the spring of that year. :ymhug:

Image Image seven years of prosperity from April 2017 to April 2024

Electioneering excites the masses potentially fulfilling the Hancock Prophecy. The Yellow Dog Prophecy may also loom amid an apparent abundance of doom aka tribulation. The date of the first eclipse may be when 7 years of prosperity begins as defined at the link provided above. 7 bad years would normally follow 7 good years, but may be cut short at 42 months.

Certainly the next few months will be interesting. Image

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

BeNotDeceived worte:
Certainly the next few months will be interesting.
Agree, think we are soooo close to the big event….. :-SS

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

friendsofthe wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 8:33 am
Alaris wrote:
My view on the building of a new temple in Jerusalem would be quite contrary to the thinking of most folks both within the church and those who are non LDS…. Don’t think it will be built until after Christ comes to the Jews. In this respect I find myself in agreement with Joseph Fielding Smith who said:

“After the Jews have repented and received the Gospel, having ackowledged Jesus Christ as their Redeemer, the temple in Jerusalem will be built according to the prophecy in Ezekiel.” SIGNS OF THE TIMES, Joseph Fielding SMITH 238

Well, that sure makes one rethink things a little. We tend to put off the second coming until certain requirements have been met, one big one is the temple being built.

One other thought, the 3rd temple is going to be defiled by the anti Christ and thus will likely be destroyed. This would be before Christ comes back. So he could be referring to the fourth temple? That will be holy and without animal sacrifices etc...built like our LDS temples are built now?

Just a thought that came to me and wanted to share.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

To be sure there are a number of misconceptions even among LDS membership that causes some to miscalculate how close the Second Advent is. This is one of them and two others are… 1- The belief that the New Jerusalem has to be built before the SC. 2- The idea that all nations will receive the gospel before the SC. I’ve previously addressed number 2 in this blog:

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-then ... -end-come/

Conflagrate
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Conflagrate »

From the way I understand things, a third world war has to start first and it will be nuclear but this is nothing compared to what happens next lol. It will be seen in the heavens a change of planets in their location and that will bring about never before seen earthquakes and destruction on an unprecedented scale. It is only after all these events that the Lord returns and anyone is resurrected at the first resurrection. People being resurrected I think is the key to the timeline of your theory. No one will be resurrected until after the 7 years of tribulation. The only way any of us will survive all of this is if we have learned to hear and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Conflagrate wrote:
From the way I understand things, a third world war has to start first and it will be nuclear but this is nothing compared to what happens next lol. It will be seen in the heavens a change of planets in their location and that will bring about never before seen earthquakes and destruction on an unprecedented scale. It is only after all these events that the Lord returns and anyone is resurrected at the first resurrection. People being resurrected I think is the key to the timeline of your theory. No one will be resurrected until after the 7 years of tribulation. The only way any of us will survive all of this is if we have learned to hear and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
Actually there will be a resurrection when Christ comes as the Bridegroom to the saints who are gathered to the New Jerusalem according to D&C 133, we read:

56 And the graves of the saints shall be opened; and they shall come forth and stand on the right hand of the Lamb, when he shall stand upon Mount Zion, and upon the holy city, the New Jerusalem; and they shall sing the song of the Lamb, day and night forever and ever.

Quite clearly stated here....

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: July 8th, 2017, 3:07 pm
Conflagrate wrote:
Actually there will be a resurrection when Christ comes as the Bridegroom to the saints who are gathered to the New Jerusalem according to D&C 133, we read:

56 And the graves of the saints shall be opened; and they shall come forth and stand on the right hand of the Lamb, when he shall stand upon Mount Zion, and upon the holy city, the New Jerusalem; and they shall sing the song of the Lamb, day and night forever and ever.

I believe revelation 14 names the 144,000 as the firstfruits
Revelation 14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father’s name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
Wow it even mentions a new song. Very interesting. I wonder if the new song has something to do with the eastern wall.

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

alaris wrote: July 8th, 2017, 8:18 pm
Wow it even mentions a new song. Very interesting. I wonder if the new song has something to do with the eastern wall.
NAH, the new song is ZIONs new national anthem...so IT can enter and play it at international football competitions...or so I like to believe :))

Conflagrate
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Conflagrate »

Conflagrate wrote:

You use one verse from D&C 133 and take it out of context, lets put the rest of the verses before it shall we? It cleary states that the first ressurection comes at the Lords return after the tribulation .44 Yea, when thou comest down, and the mountains flow down at thy presence, thou shalt meet him who rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, who remembereth thee in thy ways.

45 For since the beginning of the world have not men heard nor perceived by the ear, neither hath any eye seen, O God, besides thee, how great things thou hast prepared for him that waiteth for thee.

46 And it shall be said: Who is this that cometh down from God in heaven with dyed garments; yea, from the regions which are not known, clothed in his glorious apparel, traveling in the greatness of his strength?

47 And he shall say: I am he who spake in righteousness, mighty to save.

48 And the Lord shall be red in his apparel, and his garments like him that treadeth in the wine-vat.

49 And so great shall be the glory of his presence that the sun shall hide his face in shame, and the moon shall withhold its light, and the stars shall be hurled from their places.

50 And his voice shall be heard: I have trodden the wine-press alone, and have brought judgment upon all people; and none were with me;

51 And I have trampled them in my fury, and I did tread upon them in mine anger, and their blood have I sprinkled upon my garments, and stained all my raiment; for this was the day of vengeance which was in my heart.

52 And now the year of my redeemed is come; and they shall mention the loving kindness of their Lord, and all that he has bestowed upon them according to his goodness, and according to his loving kindness, forever and ever.

53 In all their afflictions he was afflicted. And the angel of his presence saved them; and in his love, and in his pity, he redeemed them, and bore them, and carried them all the days of old;

54 Yea, and Enoch also, and they who were with him; the prophets who were before him; and Noah also, and they who were before him; and Moses also, and they who were before him;

55 And from Moses to Elijah, and from Elijah to John, who were with Christ in his resurrection, and the holy apostles, with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, shall be in the presence of the Lamb.

57 And for this cause, that men might be made partakers of the glories which were to be revealed, the Lord sent forth the fulness of his gospel, his everlasting covenant, reasoning in plainness and simplicity—

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Conflagrate wrote: July 9th, 2017, 11:06 am
Conflagrate wrote:

You use one verse from D&C 133 and take it out of context, lets put the rest of the verses before it shall we? It cleary states that the first ressurection comes at the Lords return after the tribulation .44 Yea, when thou comest down, and the mountains flow down at thy presence, thou shalt meet him who rejoiceth and worketh righteousness, who remembereth thee in thy ways.
Here's a good chart that explains the different stages of the Resurrection. Many of us (most of us hopefully) have a line in our Patriarchal Blessings that states something to the effect that we will "come forth during the Morning of the First Resurrection". This means that those of us that are "members of The Church of Jesus Christ who kept the commandments" and who will gain Celestial Glory will be resurrected at the Second Coming of Christ which is a continuation of the Morning of the First Resurrection. The Morning of the First Resurrection began after the resurrection of Christ. Those of us still on the Earth will be caught up to greet him and "descend with him to reign as kings and priests during the millennial era."

I would guess that "second coming" means both at the New Jerusalem and in Jerusalem as He appears multiple different times for His "second coming". From what I'm aware of, the New Jerusalem appearance is first and there is actually a significant amount of time until his appearance to the Jews.

Others will not be resurrected at the Second Coming but the righteous good will be allowed to stay on Earth during the Millennium to live out their mortal lives and are then "twinkled", presumably starting the afternoon of the first resurrection as the morning of the first resurrection ends at the Second Coming of Christ.

https://www.lds.org/manual/doctrines-of ... t?lang=eng

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/c ... ection.pdf
What is meant by the phrase “morning of the first resurrection”? One of the blessings pronounced upon those who are sealed in the temple for time and all eternity is the power to come forth “in the morning of the first resurrection.” Elder McConkie explained: “Those being resurrected with celestial bodies, whose destiny is to inherit a celestial kingdom, will come forth in the morning of the first resurrection. Their graves shall be opened and they shall be caught up to meet the Lord at his Second Coming. They are Christ’s, the firstfruits, and they shall descend with him to reign as kings and priests during the millennial era.” (Mormon Doctrine, p. 640.)

Later another trump will sound (see D&C 88:99): “This is the afternoon of the first resurrection; it takes place after our Lord has ushered in the millennium. Those coming forth at that time do so with terrestrial bodies and are thus destined to inherit a terrestrial glory in eternity.” (McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, p. 640.)
I remember discussing this in Institute class. The Resurrection takes place before Judgement but basically the time that we are Resurrected basically is our judgement already. Hopefully eternal progression and progression throughout the Millennium allows final judgement to upgrade some people.
friendsofthe wrote: July 3rd, 2017, 7:39 am To be sure there are a number of misconceptions even among LDS membership that causes some to miscalculate how close the Second Advent is. This is one of them and two others are… 1- The belief that the New Jerusalem has to be built before the SC. 2- The idea that all nations will receive the gospel before the SC. I’ve previously addressed number 2 in this blog:

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-then ... -end-come/
Thanks for that post. So many people, including members of the church, believe that the gospel must be taught throughout the world to everyone before the Second Coming. It states in the Gospel Principles manual, this is not the case. It will eventually be taught to everyone as missionary work is one of the major jobs of the Millennium. My Patriarchal Blessing states that I will tirelessly be spending the Millennium as a missionary. There is no mortal way that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints can teach everyone on Earth before the second coming. I already feel that time is running out! The Jews aren't going to be taught till after the Second Coming, until they recognize and accept Him as their Savior. I always use that as the major example of why its not a pre-second coming requirement.

Conflagrate
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Conflagrate »

I think we are not communicating very well, All I am saying is that the Lord will not return the second time until after the tribulation period of seven years. I do not believe the temple at the New Jerusalem will be built before the members of the church are resurrected. It was in my grandfather's patriarchal blessing that he would help set the cornerstone on the Temple in the New Jerusalem. The people need to be raised up spiritually several more notches before he returns by experiencing the tribulations. This is what will prepare them to live in the Millenium.