JR's Memory

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
thisisspartaaa
captain of 100

Re: JR's Memory

Post by thisisspartaaa »

freedomforall wrote: June 19th, 2017, 2:08 pm How many people that follow her, ie, read everything she writes, or hangs on every word she utters, desire with all their heart that she were accurate?

How many members read scriptures and follow the counsel given therein?

How many times have we heard that attempting to put a time line on events is futile?

Joel 2
28 ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

your sons and your daughters shall prophesy....is JR one who prophesy's? Does her misses count?

your young men shall see visions:....is JR one of these young men? Or are women included in this statement?

At what point do we put credence on someones vision(s) or dream(s)?

I say JR has lost all credibility by now. Yet, she remains a hot topic. Strange.
Hot topic here but most LDS don't know who she is.

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

thisisspartaaa wrote: June 20th, 2017, 11:53 am
freedomforall wrote: June 19th, 2017, 2:08 pm How many people that follow her, ie, read everything she writes, or hangs on every word she utters, desire with all their heart that she were accurate?

How many times have we heard that attempting to put a time line on events is futile?

Joel 2
28 ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

your sons and your daughters shall prophesy....is JR one who prophesy's? Does her misses count?

your young men shall see visions:....is JR one of these young men? Or are women included in this statement?

I say JR has lost all credibility by now. Yet, she remains a hot topic. Strange.
Glad you quoted Joel, what many overlook when quoting the part about dreams, is all the plaques that befall the people and the Lord restores unto the people . Then he states AFTER that then he will pour out this spirit of dreams and visions. IMHO I think we have yet to see this pouring out and manifestation of the spirit.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote: June 20th, 2017, 12:04 pmGlad you quoted Joel, what many overlook when quoting the part about dreams, is all the plaques that befall the people and the Lord restores unto the people . Then he states AFTER that then he will pour out this spirit of dreams and visions. IMHO I think we have yet to see this pouring out and manifestation of the spirit.
???
plaque.jpg
plaque.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 2009 times
or
plague.jpg
plague.jpg (218.95 KiB) Viewed 2009 times

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Aha thanks for the catch, I have a spot I get service in the canyon and auto correct changed it before I could. Yes we all need to prepare for plaque or plagues which ever is your greatest fear. Wish I could share my view the lake is awesome

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote: June 20th, 2017, 1:21 pm Aha thanks for the catch, I have a spot I get service in the canyon and auto correct changed it before I could. Yes we all need to prepare for plaque or plagues which ever is your greatest fear. Wish I could share my view the lake is awesome
Take a picture and attach to a post later. It would be mind-easing to see a placid lakeside scene.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Joel 2

I'd say this is to their advantage. :-?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

28 ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward,

We are not "afterward" yet. This is simply scriptures being twisted to try and legitimize a crazy woman's "made up" dreams.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

cyclOps wrote: June 19th, 2017, 12:36 am
freedomforall wrote: June 18th, 2017, 10:40 pm
cyclOps wrote: June 18th, 2017, 7:00 pm Keep it classy guys. I wonder what God and Jesus would say about our sister, Julie Rowe.
Shut up?
God can make people mute if he wants to, priest or anti-christ, but he hasn't done so to Julie.... so I'd say probably not.
Mostly we have our agency and the Lord respects our right to use it as we please, but we will be held accountable one day. Julie Rowe is able to promote herself, her beliefs and her claims and I don't expect the Lord to 'make her mute', I expect he'll let her make her own choices, to her own condemnation. If you listen to her podcasts, you can see the danger of Julie Rowe. She speaks as one having authority.

This is not new, it's happened in the past and it is something that we were warned would be a problem during the last days--false prophets and false teachers would abound and if it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived.
In February 1831, a woman named Mrs. Hubble came among the Saints in Kirtland, Ohio. She claimed that she was a prophetess, that she had received revelations for the Church, that she knew the Book of Mormon was true, and that she should become a teacher in the Church. She was able to deceive some of the Saints. Joseph Smith and others were concerned about her influence and about other false revelations among the Saints. The Prophet decided to inquire of the Lord about what should be done, and he received a revelation, now recorded in Doctrine and Covenants 43 (see Documents, Volume 1: July 1828–June 1831, vol. 1 of the Documents series of The Joseph Smith Papers [2013], 257).
https://www.lds.org/manual/foundations- ... t?lang=eng

D&C 43 was given in response to the problem of some members making false claims as revelators. Mrs. Hubble was one of those. If you listen to Julie Rowe's podcasts you will see that she IS a modern day 'Mrs. Hubble'. In response to inquiries about her and others like her, the Lord warned the church; 3 "And this ye shall know assuredly that there is none other appointed unto you to receive commandments and revelations until he be takem, if he abide in me.
7 For verily I say unto you, that he that is ordained of me shall come in at the gate and be ordained as I have told you before, to teach those revelations which you have received and shall receive through him whom I have appointed."

D&C 42:11 Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by some one who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.

She was not so bold in her claims before now, that some could defend her and there was still room to wonder about her motives etc. Not now. If you listen to her podcasts, she speaks as if she has authority, but she does not have authority to make the claims to the Members of the church and the world which she presumes to make.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Joel 2

Yep.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

AI2.0 wrote: June 23rd, 2017, 10:12 am
cyclOps wrote: June 19th, 2017, 12:36 am
freedomforall wrote: June 18th, 2017, 10:40 pm
cyclOps wrote: June 18th, 2017, 7:00 pm Keep it classy guys. I wonder what God and Jesus would say about our sister, Julie Rowe.
Shut up?
God can make people mute if he wants to, priest or anti-christ, but he hasn't done so to Julie.... so I'd say probably not.
Mostly we have our agency and the Lord respects our right to use it as we please, but we will be held accountable one day. Julie Rowe is able to promote herself, her beliefs and her claims and I don't expect the Lord to 'make her mute', I expect he'll let her make her own choices, to her own condemnation. If you listen to her podcasts, you can see the danger of Julie Rowe. She speaks as one having authority.

This is not new, it's happened in the past and it is something that we were warned would be a problem during the last days--false prophets and false teachers would abound and if it were possible, even the very elect would be deceived.
In February 1831, a woman named Mrs. Hubble came among the Saints in Kirtland, Ohio. She claimed that she was a prophetess, that she had received revelations for the Church, that she knew the Book of Mormon was true, and that she should become a teacher in the Church. She was able to deceive some of the Saints. Joseph Smith and others were concerned about her influence and about other false revelations among the Saints. The Prophet decided to inquire of the Lord about what should be done, and he received a revelation, now recorded in Doctrine and Covenants 43 (see Documents, Volume 1: July 1828–June 1831, vol. 1 of the Documents series of The Joseph Smith Papers [2013], 257).
https://www.lds.org/manual/foundations- ... t?lang=eng

D&C 43 was given in response to the problem of some members making false claims as revelators. Mrs. Hubble was one of those. If you listen to Julie Rowe's podcasts you will see that she IS a modern day 'Mrs. Hubble'. In response to inquiries about her and others like her, the Lord warned the church; 3 "And this ye shall know assuredly that there is none other appointed unto you to receive commandments and revelations until he be takem, if he abide in me.
7 For verily I say unto you, that he that is ordained of me shall come in at the gate and be ordained as I have told you before, to teach those revelations which you have received and shall receive through him whom I have appointed."

D&C 42:11 Again I say unto you, that it shall not be given to any one to go forth to preach my gospel, or to build up my church, except he be ordained by some one who has authority, and it is known to the church that he has authority and has been regularly ordained by the heads of the church.

She was not so bold in her claims before now, that some could defend her and there was still room to wonder about her motives etc. Not now. If you listen to her podcasts, she speaks as if she has authority, but she does not have authority to make the claims to the Members of the church and the world which she presumes to make.
You're preaching to the choir. I'm not defending her message at all, but she is still our sister and we can still show love to all.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

You're preaching to the choir. I'm not defending her message at all, but she is still our sister and we can still show love to all.
I'm glad you aren't taken in by her claims.

I agree, I don't like the ridicule or the poor taste remarks (there was one on the 'beast and whore' thread which was offensive) because I think she should be taken seriously, not written off with mocking or vulgar jokes. She's poised to deceive a lot of people and do some damage with these podcasts as she sets herself up as some kind of 'Mormon psychic' IMO. My hope for her is that she's called in by her church leaders soon and before this gets too out of hand, they'll help her recognize what she's doing is not appropriate for a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

JR, who? :-B

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

freedomforall wrote: June 24th, 2017, 4:44 pm JR, who? :-B
J.R. Ewing - :ymcowboy:

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver Pie wrote: June 24th, 2017, 7:52 pm
freedomforall wrote: June 24th, 2017, 4:44 pm JR, who? :-B
J.R. Ewing - :ymcowboy:
Is he the guy who had a red sinkhole in his epidermis down in Dallas?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

A curious scripture for her to post - given how often she promotes her "charity" -

Matthew 6: 1-4
by Julie Rowe

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed of them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. "So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. " But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that you giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
Julie Rowe | June 24, 2017 at 11:18 am |

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Any idea what she's referring to here? This was the entire email - no explanation or hint as to what we should believe her about. Not one single thing she has "predicted" has come to pass. Is she trying to be a psychic, or is she getting information from John the Revelator, et al? Rhetorical question, as it's more than obvious she is not getting any information whatsoever from righteous sources, as every one of her predictions have been 100% wrong. God does not lie, nor does he attempt to confuse (1 Corinthians 14). So again I ask, what exactly does she want us to "believe", in reference to this email she sent last week?

Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
by Julie Rowe

"Do you believe me now?"
-- JR
Julie Rowe | June 22, 2017 at 10:58 am

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 10:01 am A curious scripture for her to post - given how often she promotes her "charity" -

by Julie Rowe

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before men to be noticed of them; otherwise you have no reward with your Father who is in heaven. "So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. " But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that you giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you."
The thing is she is using this scripture (and the others she posted recently) to try encouraging people to donate and support her charity by reminding us of our need to give to the poor. She's using these scriptures to prick our conscience, not her own.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 10:10 am Any idea what she's referring to here? This was the entire email - no explanation or hint as to what we should believe her about. Not one single thing she has "predicted" has come to pass. Is she trying to be a psychic, or is she getting information from John the Revelator, et al? Rhetorical question, as it's more than obvious she is not getting any information whatsoever from righteous sources, as every one of her predictions have been 100% wrong. God does not lie, nor does he attempt to confuse (1 Corinthians 14). So again I ask, what exactly does she want us to "believe", in reference to this email she sent last week?

Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
by Julie Rowe

"Do you believe me now?"
-- JR
I don't know what she's referring to either. But you are right, I can't think of a thing she predicted that came to pass, but I can think of several which did not. Her predictions of man-made biological plagues, famines, earthquakes, then her many predictions that were tied to the election, which didn't come true (she made a number of predictions on her last radio interview last fall), but no one asks her, or if they do, she ignores them.

As I've listened to her podcasts, I believe she's unwittingly following the pattern of a psychic. She answers questions from her interviewer as he asks her 'what do you see about this event' etc. and then she goes into detail of what she claims WILL happen-this information is supposed to have come from her NDE (which she now claims as several), the fact that the veil is thin so she's having visions all the time and her spirit guides--'John the Revelator', 'Joan of Arc' etc. Remember these are not her opinions or projections, they are supposed to be the events that she has been warned will happen by her spirit guides--but her spirit guides have been wrong so far so how can we think anything but that they are not righteous sources. What she's doing--that's what a psychic does--they hold seances to speak to/channel spirits from the other side who supposedly tell them things.

I really have to wonder how her supporters feel about what she's doing.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Onsdag wrote: June 26th, 2017, 3:43 pm
EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 10:01 am A curious scripture for her to post - given how often she promotes her "charity" -

by Julie Rowe

The thing is she is using this scripture (and the others she posted recently) to try encouraging people to donate and support her charity by reminding us of our need to give to the poor. She's using these scriptures to prick our conscience, not her own.
I believe you are right, it's to prompt people to give to her charity.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Onsdag wrote: June 26th, 2017, 3:43 pm

by Julie Rowe

Well, epic backfire on her part then! Wonder if she even has a conscience to prick? :-?

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 4:03 pm
EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 10:10 am Any idea what she's referring to here? This was the entire email - no explanation or hint as to what we should believe her about. Not one single thing she has "predicted" has come to pass. Is she trying to be a psychic, or is she getting information from John the Revelator, et al? Rhetorical question, as it's more than obvious she is not getting any information whatsoever from righteous sources, as every one of her predictions have been 100% wrong. God does not lie, nor does he attempt to confuse (1 Corinthians 14). So again I ask, what exactly does she want us to "believe", in reference to this email she sent last week?

Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
by Julie Rowe

"Do you believe me now?"
-- JR
I don't know what she's referring to either. But you are right, I can't think of a thing she predicted that came to pass, but I can think of several which did not. Her predictions of man-made biological plagues, famines, earthquakes, then her many predictions that were tied to the election, which didn't come true (she made a number of predictions on her last radio interview last fall), but no one asks her, or if they do, she ignores them.

As I've listened to her podcasts, I believe she's unwittingly following the pattern of a psychic. She answers questions from her interviewer as he asks her 'what do you see about this event' etc. and then she goes into detail of what she claims WILL happen-this information is supposed to have come from her NDE (which she now claims as several), the fact that the veil is thin so she's having visions all the time and her spirit guides--'John the Revelator', 'Joan of Arc' etc. Remember these are not her opinions or projections, they are supposed to be the events that she has been warned will happen by her spirit guides--but her spirit guides have been wrong so far so how can we think anything but that they are not righteous sources. What she's doing--that's what a psychic does--they hold seances to speak to/channel spirits from the other side who supposedly tell them things.

Yeah, super strange thing for her to say - because the actual truth is, OF COURSE we don't believe her now! Any sane person would doubt her now more than ever. There is nothing to believe her about, so this struck me as a very bizarre statement for her to make.

When I went to one of her 'events' a few years ago, she was even doing the psychic act then. At the end of her 'speech', she asked if anyone had questions - and when someone would ask about something that might happen in the future to their specific area, she would pause a second and look off into space like she could conjure up a vision at will about some random person in the audience, and have their very specific future revealed to her right then and there. I just sat there dumbfounded at the gullibility of so many LDS people. I honestly wondered, "Do we belong to the same Church and read the same scriptures??" :-\

But honestly, my broken clock is right more often than Rowe is. #-o

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 7:07 pm
AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 4:03 pm

Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
by Julie Rowe

"Do you believe me now?"
-- JR

Yeah, super strange thing for her to say - because the actual truth is, OF COURSE we don't believe her now! Any sane person would doubt her now more than ever. There is nothing to believe her about, so this struck me as a very bizarre statement for her to make.

When I went to one of her 'events' a few years ago, she was even doing the psychic act then. At the end of her 'speech', she asked if anyone had questions - and when someone would ask about something that might happen in the future to their specific area, she would pause a second and look off into space like she could conjure up a vision at will about some random person in the audience, and have their very specific future revealed to her right then and there. I just sat there dumbfounded at the gullibility of so many LDS people. I honestly wondered, "Do we belong to the same Church and read the same scriptures??" :-\

But honestly, my broken clock is right more often than Rowe is. #-o
One tactic she often uses is to say that she has received 'clarity' on something or may later 'receive clarity'. This is so that when she's wrong about something and then changes her prediction, she can excuse it by saying she's received 'clarity'.

I wonder if many of her listeners don't pick up on the psychic qualities because they assume because she's LDS then it's okay how she's doing things and likely they've never watched a psychic in action.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 7:34 pmOne tactic she often uses is to say that she has received 'clarity' on something or may later 'receive clarity'. This is so that when she's wrong about something and then changes her prediction, she can excuse it by saying she's received 'clarity'.

Ah yes, 'clarity' - that is her favorite word by far. When really all it is is an excuse, a cover, and a dodge.

I wonder if many of her listeners don't pick up on the psychic qualities because they assume because she's LDS then it's okay how she's doing things and likely they've never watched a psychic in action.

I've watched several psychic shows over the years, just for the entertainment of it - and she is sounding/acting more and more like any one of them. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't broken out a crystal ball or a scrying bowl or something. Doesn't her mentor, Bradley Nelson, use a magic wand? But she's also acting like a medium - so she's doing double-devil-duty -

"Psychics receive information about events and people from the vibrational energy of a person, place, or thing. A psychic can “read a person’s energy” and may perceive past, present, or future events in that person’s life. A medium communicates directly with spirits. Every medium possesses psychic ability but not every psychic possesses mediumistic ability."

So I'd say she leans more toward making herself out to be a medium with psychic ability. Only thing is, she's neither. Do most LDS people really not know what the scriptures say about people who claim these abilities?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Do most LDS people really not know what the scriptures say about people who claim these abilities?

Most LDS people have no idea what the scriptures say or what the Book of Mormon says because they have never read them.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

"Psychics receive information about events and people from the vibrational energy of a person, place, or thing. A psychic can “read a person’s energy” and may perceive past, present, or future events in that person’s life. A medium communicates directly with spirits. Every medium possesses psychic ability but not every psychic possesses mediumistic ability."

So I'd say she leans more toward making herself out to be a medium with psychic ability. Only thing is, she's neither. Do most LDS people really not know what the scriptures say about people who claim these abilities?
That quote does fit her. Also, she mentions her ability to feel the energy around her--this is from her Energy healing influence and she'll mention energy at times, so that certainly fits. And you are right, she does claim to communicate directly with certain spirits. I think she's got different levels of support among her readers/listeners. Some have only read her books and so they may be unaware of some of what she does and says. They might be shocked if they did know and recognize that it sounds 'off'. But other have been with her from the beginning--they believed her and so they still believe her, even as they hear things that sound wrong--I think some of them brush it aside. Like those who don't want us to say anything negative about her--we're just supposed to ignore this, I guess.