JR's Memory

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: JR's Memory

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 4:03 pm
EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 10:10 am Any idea what she's referring to here? This was the entire email - no explanation or hint as to what we should believe her about. Not one single thing she has "predicted" has come to pass. Is she trying to be a psychic, or is she getting information from John the Revelator, et al? Rhetorical question, as it's more than obvious she is not getting any information whatsoever from righteous sources, as every one of her predictions have been 100% wrong. God does not lie, nor does he attempt to confuse (1 Corinthians 14). So again I ask, what exactly does she want us to "believe", in reference to this email she sent last week?

Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
by Julie Rowe

"Do you believe me now?"
-- JR
Julie Rowe | June 22, 2017 at 10:58 am
I don't know what she's referring to either. But you are right, I can't think of a thing she predicted that came to pass, but I can think of several which did not. Her predictions of man-made biological plagues, famines, earthquakes, then her many predictions that were tied to the election, which didn't come true (she made a number of predictions on her last radio interview last fall), but no one asks her, or if they do, she ignores them.

As I've listened to her podcasts, I believe she's unwittingly following the pattern of a psychic. She answers questions from her interviewer as he asks her 'what do you see about this event' etc. and then she goes into detail of what she claims WILL happen-this information is supposed to have come from her NDE (which she now claims as several), the fact that the veil is thin so she's having visions all the time and her spirit guides--'John the Revelator', 'Joan of Arc' etc. Remember these are not her opinions or projections, they are supposed to be the events that she has been warned will happen by her spirit guides--but her spirit guides have been wrong so far so how can we think anything but that they are not righteous sources. What she's doing--that's what a psychic does--they hold seances to speak to/channel spirits from the other side who supposedly tell them things.

I really have to wonder how her supporters feel about what she's doing.
Yeah, super strange thing for her to say - because the actual truth is, OF COURSE we don't believe her now! Any sane person would doubt her now more than ever. There is nothing to believe her about, so this struck me as a very bizarre statement for her to make.

When I went to one of her 'events' a few years ago, she was even doing the psychic act then. At the end of her 'speech', she asked if anyone had questions - and when someone would ask about something that might happen in the future to their specific area, she would pause a second and look off into space like she could conjure up a vision at will about some random person in the audience, and have their very specific future revealed to her right then and there. I just sat there dumbfounded at the gullibility of so many LDS people. I honestly wondered, "Do we belong to the same Church and read the same scriptures??" :-\

But honestly, my broken clock is right more often than Rowe is. #-o

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 7:07 pm
AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 4:03 pm
EmmaLee wrote: June 26th, 2017, 10:10 am Any idea what she's referring to here? This was the entire email - no explanation or hint as to what we should believe her about. Not one single thing she has "predicted" has come to pass. Is she trying to be a psychic, or is she getting information from John the Revelator, et al? Rhetorical question, as it's more than obvious she is not getting any information whatsoever from righteous sources, as every one of her predictions have been 100% wrong. God does not lie, nor does he attempt to confuse (1 Corinthians 14). So again I ask, what exactly does she want us to "believe", in reference to this email she sent last week?

Thursday, Oct. 20, 2016
by Julie Rowe

"Do you believe me now?"
-- JR
Julie Rowe | June 22, 2017 at 10:58 am
I don't know what she's referring to either. But you are right, I can't think of a thing she predicted that came to pass, but I can think of several which did not. Her predictions of man-made biological plagues, famines, earthquakes, then her many predictions that were tied to the election, which didn't come true (she made a number of predictions on her last radio interview last fall), but no one asks her, or if they do, she ignores them.

As I've listened to her podcasts, I believe she's unwittingly following the pattern of a psychic. She answers questions from her interviewer as he asks her 'what do you see about this event' etc. and then she goes into detail of what she claims WILL happen-this information is supposed to have come from her NDE (which she now claims as several), the fact that the veil is thin so she's having visions all the time and her spirit guides--'John the Revelator', 'Joan of Arc' etc. Remember these are not her opinions or projections, they are supposed to be the events that she has been warned will happen by her spirit guides--but her spirit guides have been wrong so far so how can we think anything but that they are not righteous sources. What she's doing--that's what a psychic does--they hold seances to speak to/channel spirits from the other side who supposedly tell them things.

I really have to wonder how her supporters feel about what she's doing.
Yeah, super strange thing for her to say - because the actual truth is, OF COURSE we don't believe her now! Any sane person would doubt her now more than ever. There is nothing to believe her about, so this struck me as a very bizarre statement for her to make.

When I went to one of her 'events' a few years ago, she was even doing the psychic act then. At the end of her 'speech', she asked if anyone had questions - and when someone would ask about something that might happen in the future to their specific area, she would pause a second and look off into space like she could conjure up a vision at will about some random person in the audience, and have their very specific future revealed to her right then and there. I just sat there dumbfounded at the gullibility of so many LDS people. I honestly wondered, "Do we belong to the same Church and read the same scriptures??" :-\

But honestly, my broken clock is right more often than Rowe is. #-o
One tactic she often uses is to say that she has received 'clarity' on something or may later 'receive clarity'. This is so that when she's wrong about something and then changes her prediction, she can excuse it by saying she's received 'clarity'.

I wonder if many of her listeners don't pick up on the psychic qualities because they assume because she's LDS then it's okay how she's doing things and likely they've never watched a psychic in action.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

AI2.0 wrote: June 26th, 2017, 7:34 pmOne tactic she often uses is to say that she has received 'clarity' on something or may later 'receive clarity'. This is so that when she's wrong about something and then changes her prediction, she can excuse it by saying she's received 'clarity'.

Ah yes, 'clarity' - that is her favorite word by far. When really all it is is an excuse, a cover, and a dodge.

I wonder if many of her listeners don't pick up on the psychic qualities because they assume because she's LDS then it's okay how she's doing things and likely they've never watched a psychic in action.

I've watched several psychic shows over the years, just for the entertainment of it - and she is sounding/acting more and more like any one of them. I'm honestly surprised she hasn't broken out a crystal ball or a scrying bowl or something. Doesn't her mentor, Bradley Nelson, use a magic wand? But she's also acting like a medium - so she's doing double-devil-duty -

"Psychics receive information about events and people from the vibrational energy of a person, place, or thing. A psychic can “read a person’s energy” and may perceive past, present, or future events in that person’s life. A medium communicates directly with spirits. Every medium possesses psychic ability but not every psychic possesses mediumistic ability."

So I'd say she leans more toward making herself out to be a medium with psychic ability. Only thing is, she's neither. Do most LDS people really not know what the scriptures say about people who claim these abilities?

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Do most LDS people really not know what the scriptures say about people who claim these abilities?

Most LDS people have no idea what the scriptures say or what the Book of Mormon says because they have never read them.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

"Psychics receive information about events and people from the vibrational energy of a person, place, or thing. A psychic can “read a person’s energy” and may perceive past, present, or future events in that person’s life. A medium communicates directly with spirits. Every medium possesses psychic ability but not every psychic possesses mediumistic ability."

So I'd say she leans more toward making herself out to be a medium with psychic ability. Only thing is, she's neither. Do most LDS people really not know what the scriptures say about people who claim these abilities?
That quote does fit her. Also, she mentions her ability to feel the energy around her--this is from her Energy healing influence and she'll mention energy at times, so that certainly fits. And you are right, she does claim to communicate directly with certain spirits. I think she's got different levels of support among her readers/listeners. Some have only read her books and so they may be unaware of some of what she does and says. They might be shocked if they did know and recognize that it sounds 'off'. But other have been with her from the beginning--they believed her and so they still believe her, even as they hear things that sound wrong--I think some of them brush it aside. Like those who don't want us to say anything negative about her--we're just supposed to ignore this, I guess.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Gage wrote: June 27th, 2017, 8:29 am

Most LDS people have no idea what the scriptures say or what the Book of Mormon says because they have never read them.

Ouch. :( Painting with that broad brush again....

I agree SOME LDS don't read much, but I think it would be unfair to accuse MOST LDS of never reading the scriputres.

I don't think you should judge all LDS by the ones you seem to know. I know that at my ward, the average member does read and knows the general content of the scriptures, such as particular stories or events. I'd say a small portion of members in my ward don't read scriptures, but even those who do read scriptures could be taken in by someone like Julie if the conditions are right. She is careful to encourage her listeners of her testimony of Christ and her belief in our modern prophets, so she 'sounds' good. It's the other things she says that are where she's going off the rails and into the realm of mediums and psychics--but since many LDS are unfamiliar with them, they wouldn't recognize that aspect of how she's presenting herself on these podcasts.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

AI2.0 wrote: June 27th, 2017, 9:11 am

I agree SOME LDS don't read much, but I think it would be unfair to accuse MOST LDS of never reading the scriputres.

I don't think you should judge all LDS by the ones you seem to know. I know that at my ward, the average member does read and knows the general content of the scriptures, such as particular stories or events. I'd say a small portion of members in my ward don't read scriptures, but even those who do read scriptures could be taken in by someone like Julie if the conditions are right. She is careful to encourage her listeners of her testimony of Christ and her belief in our modern prophets, so she 'sounds' good. It's the other things she says that are where she's going off the rails and into the realm of mediums and psychics--but since many LDS are unfamiliar with them, they wouldn't recognize that aspect of how she's presenting herself on these podcasts.
Is JR an expert on the Book of Mormon?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Arenera wrote: June 27th, 2017, 3:19 pm

I think you'd have to ask her that question. I don't know the answer to that, but I have no reason to think she is.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

ummm...No. Why do you ask?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

DesertWonderer wrote: June 27th, 2017, 5:05 pm

ummm...No. Why do you ask?
"Gage" said LDS haven't read the Book of Mormon. Does JR fit in that group? Wasn't there a psychic in the Book of Mormon?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

freedomforall wrote: June 25th, 2017, 12:40 am
Silver Pie wrote: June 24th, 2017, 7:52 pm
freedomforall wrote: June 24th, 2017, 4:44 pm JR, who? :-B
J.R. Ewing - :ymcowboy:
Is he the guy who had a red sinkhole in his epidermis down in Dallas?
Went in so deep, I think it done him in. Last I actually saw, everyone was waiting with baited breath, expecting that red sinkhole to be the thing to finally bring peace to a whole lotta people in Dallas TV-land. Don't remember if he actually survived. Shame if he did.

Dang! but he went downhill after he stopped being an astronaut with a magical girlfriend.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Arenera wrote: June 27th, 2017, 7:28 pm Wasn't there a psychic in the Book of Mormon?
No. But there were prophets who could read people's minds and foretell the future.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I feel sorry for JR. I hope she gets well.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Silver Pie wrote: June 27th, 2017, 8:59 pm
freedomforall wrote: June 25th, 2017, 12:40 am
Silver Pie wrote: June 24th, 2017, 7:52 pm
freedomforall wrote: June 24th, 2017, 4:44 pm JR, who? :-B
J.R. Ewing - :ymcowboy:
Is he the guy who had a red sinkhole in his epidermis down in Dallas?
Went in so deep, I think it done him in. Last I actually saw, everyone was waiting with baited breath, expecting that red sinkhole to be the thing to finally bring peace to a whole lotta people in Dallas TV-land. Don't remember if he actually survived. Shame if he did.

Dang! but he went downhill after he stopped being an astronaut with a magical girlfriend.
Appears Larry was Texican through and through

Larry Martin Hagman
September 21, 1931
Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.
Died November 23, 2012 (aged 81)
Dallas, Texas, U.S.

Who shot JR? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXDBLuitItU

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Silver Pie wrote: June 27th, 2017, 9:03 pm I feel sorry for JR. I hope she gets well.
I do, too. Won't happen though as long as those around her, those closest to her, keep enabling and using her.