Didn't Joseph Smith Prophesize About This?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Ribble
captain of 100

Didn't Joseph Smith Prophesize About This?

Post by Ribble »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/could-illin ... ankruptcy/

Seems to me there was something about the financial collapse beginning in Illinois.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Didn't Joseph Smith Prophesize About This?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

The D.C. Baseball shooter was from Chicago ... Image
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16301&p=788468#p788468

kgrigio
captain of 100

Post by kgrigio »

Not Chicago, belleville, which is southern Illinois, just east and south of Saint Louis.

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

You're thinking of this one:

This was a letter from Nephi Packard to A. Milton Musser on July 24, 1896:

“… My brother, Noah Packard, says that he heard the Prophet Joseph say that the next great (U.S. civil) war after the war of the rebellion (the Civil War of the 1860′s between the North and the South) would commence in a little town now called Chicago but at that time it would have grown to be a very large city. And another brother told me that the Prophet said that the cause of the next great trouble of the United States would be the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I believe I have given you all the facts in as short and concise manner as possible.”

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

It seems there is very little awareness of the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I have noticed over the years that the $US now has about 1/10 of the purchasing power that it had 60 years ago. And other countries I have lived and worked in seem to have had similar devaluations of their currencies. I would not trust any FedGov figures, like a consumer price index. There seems to be an intentional cover-up of the depreciation of money. And I have talked with several investment advisers over the years and only one of them would admit to his awareness of this.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

lundbaek wrote: June 16th, 2017, 9:11 pm It seems there is very little awareness of the depreciation of the currency of the United States. I have noticed over the years that the $US now has about 1/10 of the purchasing power that it had 60 years ago. And other countries I have lived and worked in seem to have had similar devaluations of their currencies. I would not trust any FedGov figures, like a consumer price index. There seems to be an intentional cover-up of the depreciation of money. And I have talked with several investment advisers over the years and only one of them would admit to his awareness of this.
If you go to the Minneapolis Federal Reserve page, they'll actually tell you how much inflation we've had since 1913. In other words, they admit how much the fox watching the hen house has debauched the currency. https://www.minneapolisfed.org/

It looks like this. Right side about 1/3rd down the page. Just plug in a dollar amount and be prepared to feel the lack of justice.
What is a dollar worth?
$1 in ?year = $X in ? year

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Here are some other great quotes:

David Whitmer interview with Dr. Poulson, printed in the Deseret News on Friday, August 16, 1878:

Question: When will the temple be built in Independence?

Answer: Right after the great tribulation is over

Question: What do you mean by that?

Answer: A civil war more bloody and cruel than the rebellion. It will be the smashing up of this nation, about which time the second great work has to be done, a work like Joseph did, and the translation of the sealed plates and peace all over.

I find the first one really interesting, as this prophecy by John Taylor was emphasized and "correlated" by Elder Neil A. Maxwell in the Ensign.

"...The Lord permitted his prophet, John Taylor, to elaborate on this last verse in 1879:

“Those who will not take up their sword to fight against their neighbor must needs flee to Zion for safety. And they will come, saying, we do not know anything of the principles of your religion, but we perceive that you are an honest community; you administer justice and righteousness, and we want to live with you and receive the protection of your laws, but as for your religion we will talk about that some other time. Will we protect such people? Yes, all honorable men. When the people shall have torn to shreds the Constitution of the United States, the Elders of Israel will be found holding it up to the nations of the earth and proclaiming liberty and equal rights to all men, and extending the hand of fellowship to the oppressed of all nations. This is part of the programme, and as long as we do what is right and fear God he will help us and stand by us under all circumstances.” (Deseret News Weekly, 28 Jan. 1880, 28:818; see also D&C 45:68–69.)

Orson Hyde:

"The time is not very far distant in the future, when the Lord will lay his hand heavily upon that nation... That same God who gave the revelation to his servant Joseph Smith in regard to these matters, will fulfill every jot and tittle that has been spoken, concerning that nation. What then will be the condition of that people, when this great and terrible war shall come? It will be very different from the war between the North and the South. Do you wish me to describe it? I will do so. It will be a war of neighborhood against neighborhood, city against city, town against town, country against country, state against state, and they will go forth destroying and being destroyed, and manufacturing will, in a great measure, cease, for a time, among the American nation. Why? Because in these terrible wars, they will not be privileged to manufacture, there will be too much bloodshed — too much mobocracy — too much going around in bands and destroying and pillaging the land to suffer people to pursue any local vocation with any degree of safety. What will become of millions of the farmers upon the land? They will leave their farms and they will remain uncultivated, and they will flee before the ravaging armies from place to place; and thus they will go forth burning and pillaging the whole country; and that great and powerful nation, now consisting of some forty millions of people, will be wasted away, unless they repent. Now these are predictions you may record. You may let them sink down into your hearts. — JD 20:151.

Millennial Star:

This generation shall be visited by an overflowing scourge. Of the precise nature of it we are not informed. It shall pass over the nations night and day. The affect of this visitation will be so direful and calamitous that the reports of its terrible ravages will fill all people with vexation.... One of the horrors announced by the prophet upon that nation is now a matter of history the war of the Rebellion. Another and more appalling condition awaits that ill-fated people. It shall fall upon them like the visitation of a whirlwind, sweeping the country like a mighty flood. The populace will be divided into innumerable factions, and blood, carnage and woe will be rampant among them, filling the hearts of the more peacefully disposed with fear and dismay. Many will laugh at such a prediction, but, unless the people repent, it will come as surely as night follows day. Weakened and powerless from internal broils and disturbances, the nation will become a prey to the remnants left of the aboriginal inhabitants, who will be filled with vengeful rage at the wrongs that have been perpetrated upon them and furiously spread destruction in every direction. 13 Sept., 1880, p. 584-587.

D&C 45:

68And it shall come to pass among the wicked, that every man that will not take his sword against his neighbor must needs flee unto Zion for safety.

69And there shall be gathered unto it out of every nation under heaven; and it shall be the only people that shall not be at war one with another.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

From the OP's article :
"Like Puerto Rico, Illinois has a massive pension crisis. Its unfunded pension liability for the state's five major plans grew 25 percent alone in one year, reaching $251 billion, according to Moody's. On a per-household basis, the state's pension debt burden stands at $27,000, according to the conservative-leaning Illinois Policy Institute."

Demographics, aging baby boomers are having, and will have an even greater negative effect on the economy. This is not to place blame on them, but acknowledge, for those from others post who are convinced this is a minor detail, that this combined with low birth rates is on the verge of contributing to last day prophesies and economic turmoil.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Official warns Illinois finances in ‘massive crisis mode’ Image
https://apnews.com/9579fe24c9ab40e59d3b ... risis-mode'

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-1 ... g-collapse

Taxi drivers paid for expensive medallions thinking that their value would continue to go up forever. Normalcy bias strikes again!