Deliverance

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
ValerieA
Hi, I'm new.

Deliverance

Post by ValerieA »

I'm wondering how Christians in YouTube who don't have the priesthood are healing people and delivering them solely in the name of Jesus? Is it because we are in the last days and he's pouring out his spirit to All?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Deliverance

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Yea, sure God answers the prayers of anyone that asks. :)

James 1:5-8. This New Testament passage testifies that if anyone lacks wisdom they can ask God and He will answer. Notice it says anyone. It doesn't single out believers, saints, Christians, Catholics, Protestants or Latter Day Saints. God is the source of all truth. If anyone asks God a question, He will confirm whether or not it is true by revelation, inspiration or scripture study. If a Buddhist prays to know whether fasting is a true principle, God isn't going to deny it just because it's a Buddhist asking. If anyone prays to Heavenly Father to know if Jesus is His Son and our Saviour, God will answer that it is true. If a Christian prays to know if reincarnation is true, God will confirm that it is not. There is a stipulation, though. God will only answer if the question is asked in faith -- Nothing Wavering. If you don't believe He'll answer, or you've already made up your mind, then you won't recognize it. "For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord." Predetermined answers can spiritually blinding.

The verse also speaks of a double minded man being unstable. When we appeal to God but are fixed on a specific answer and a different answer comes, we either won't recognize it or won't accept it. We have to be humble to receive His counsel, and trust His judgment. The apostle, Neal A. Maxwell wrote ... http://www.moroni10.com/ask_god.html

frankcastle
captain of 10

Post by frankcastle »

I have a question that is kind of on this topic. In the Book of Mormon it says no one can do a miracle in the name of Jesus except he is cleansed from iniquity.

3 Nephi 8:1
1 And now it came to pass that according to our record, and we know our record to be true, for behold, it was a just man who did keep the record—for he truly did many miracles in the name of Jesus; and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity—
Then it says that people who do things that most would consider miracles in the name of Jesus are working iniquity.

3 Nephi 14:22-23
22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name have cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
So how was the person able to do the "wonderful works" in the name of Jesus if they were not first cleansed from iniquity?

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

frankcastle wrote: June 12th, 2017, 2:44 pm I have a question that is kind of on this topic. In the Book of Mormon it says no one can do a miracle in the name of Jesus except he is cleansed from iniquity.

3 Nephi 8:1
1 And now it came to pass that according to our record, and we know our record to be true, for behold, it was a just man who did keep the record—for he truly did many miracles in the name of Jesus; and there was not any man who could do a miracle in the name of Jesus save he were cleansed every whit from his iniquity—
Then it says that people who do things that most would consider miracles in the name of Jesus are working iniquity.

3 Nephi 14:22-23
22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name, and in thy name have cast out devils, and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23 And then will I profess unto them: I never knew you; depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
So how was the person able to do the "wonderful works" in the name of Jesus if they were not first cleansed from iniquity?
Good question. I think the answer, is that using the name of Jesus with the proper authority and anointing of the Spirit means you are cleansed from iniquity and sanctified by the Holy Spirit.

However, there are many who do take the name of the Lord in vain. They do not use the Lord's name with the proper authority and anointing of the Holy Spirit. I also think that people like this use the Lord's name to gain fame for their own self, instead of to give the glory to Jesus.

The main difference, is those who are sanctified KNOW JESUS, and those who are not, NEVER KNEW Him. That is why it is so important for us to spend time to "be still, and know that I am God" so that we know who God is and how to have the whole armor of God on us. How sad it will be, to spend our whole lives thinking we are doing this and that for Jesus, to find out at the last day, that we never even knew him, but just an image of Him.

Instead of really serving Him, we were serving the image of Him piled up for us from the throne of babylon, to work hard, work harder, and work harder, to get rich, get richer, and get richer, and to occupy as high a calling as possible in the church, to show the world how wonderful all their works for Jesus are. Meanwhile, the husband who loves his wife faithfully and takes care of her needs, the wife who gets on all fours to clean the tile underneath the toilet, the woman who talks to her friend on the phone just to help her vent, the husband and wife who take time to be with their children, these people are the real servants of Jesus I think. But they probably don't think of themselves as so.

I think it is imperative that we learn to be still and learn to hear Jesus Christ's voice. That is how we know the Lord, because His sheep know His voice. And how can we know His voice if we do not be still.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

ValerieA wrote: June 10th, 2017, 11:13 am I'm wondering how Christians in YouTube who don't have the priesthood are healing people and delivering them solely in the name of Jesus? Is it because we are in the last days and he's pouring out his spirit to All?
The same as has been since the beginning.
JST Genesis 14:26 Now Melchizedek was a man of faith, who wrought righteousness; and when a child he feared God, and stopped the mouths of lions, and quenched the violence of fire.

27 And thus, having been approved of God, he was ordained an high priest after the order of the covenant which God made with Enoch...
How did he stop the mouths of lions and quench the violence of fires if he didn't yet have any priesthood? The answer is simple: Faith.

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

I thought this thread would have a reference to squealing like a pig.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

My first thought: Not everything in the YouTube is real.

My second thought:
Luke 9

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Last edited by DesertWonderer on June 13th, 2017, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

ValerieA wrote: June 10th, 2017, 11:13 am I'm wondering how Christians in YouTube who don't have the priesthood are healing people and delivering them solely in the name of Jesus? Is it because we are in the last days and he's pouring out his spirit to All?
ummm they aren't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPc9btW1rM