A Sign Of The Times From Salt Lake City, Annual Gay Pride Parade.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

A Sign Of The Times From Salt Lake City, Annual Gay Pride Parade.

Post by kirtland r.m. »

This is the annual gay pride parade.http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44513426&nid=14 ... e-downtown
24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.St Matthew Chapter 13

While Utah is still a stronghold of the saints, there is a great division here, and throughout America and the World. Now is not a time to be faint of heart.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A Sign Of The Times From Salt Lake City, Annual Gay Pride Parade.

Post by Elizabeth »

:( :-S /:)

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

The parade capped off a week of celebration surrounding the 42nd annual Utah Pride Festival. The festival has grown from its small origins to including more than 50,000 participants Sunday.
Forty-two years? I wouldn't have guessed that the gay pride parade had been going on in SLC since before blacks had the priesthood.

Sign of the times indeed.

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Interesting...
"As has been the case all week during gay pride events, about a dozen protestors holding large signs condemning the gay community, mainly on the grounds of religion, stood along the parade route and yelled at participants as they walked by, saying things such as, "You should be ashamed." An equal number of Salt Lake police officers stood close to keep the peace, intervening when some arguments between protestors and spectators became heated."...

"The protests come less than 24 hours after anti-gay protestors gathered outside Club Jam, 750 N. 300 West, late Saturday night. Police were called when things got heated between protestors and club-goers. Police believe the same protestors were involved in each incident. Salt Lake Police Sgt. Brandon Shearer said no one was arrested.

In many cases this weekend, Shearer said it was the protestors who called police due to heated arguments with those they incited. He said several of the protestors are people who have held similar protests at other events, such as the semi-annual general conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."
*(bold mine)

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Remember, gay means happy.
Malachi 3:15

Is this a prediction of "gay pride".

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

kirtland r.m. wrote: June 4th, 2017, 6:06 pm While Utah is still a stronghold of the saints, there is a great division here, and throughout America and the World. Now is not a time to be faint of heart.
The tower and stronghold has been broken as SLC has a gay mayor - I wonder who voted her in. As the BoM states when the majority choose wickedness they are ripening/ripe for destruction.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LOL I looked at some of the online images and they one 'guy' had a T-shirt "I survived testosterone poisoning"
I think that is my problems I was consumed by the 'poison'. There were also a lot of participants calling themselves Mormons and campaign for equal marriage rights and other issues.
It is so obvious those who participate are very disturbed.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I get so upset because they claim to be "family friendly". Well I'm fine with them showing their "pride" etc, and simply marching... but it crosses the line when they parade around in women's underwear (and that's the men) and ACT absolutely lunatic. My father tried to get to a church meeting yesterday morning and had to weave in and around traffic everywhere to reach his destination. He was appalled by some of the behavior seen. Shame on those LDS people who go and participate in this in the name of "support" and "tolerance". We can have tolerance but we certainly don't have to participate to prove that.

My personal opinion.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

kittycat51 wrote: June 5th, 2017, 9:58 am My father tried to get to a church meeting yesterday morning and had to weave in and around traffic everywhere to reach his destination. He was appalled by some of the behavior seen. Shame on those LDS people who go and participate in this in the name of "support" and "tolerance". We can have tolerance but we certainly don't have to participate to prove that.
So much for the day of rest. Tolerance only goes so far. I'd be the worst bishop in the world. I'm about strictly following the commandments. I'd be hauling in any TR worthy member participating in a pride parade. To me, it's an organization and event that is contrary to the teachings of the church.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

kirtland r.m. wrote: June 4th, 2017, 6:06 pm This is the annual gay pride parade.http://www.ksl.com/?sid=44513426&nid=14 ... e-downtown
24 ¶ Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:

25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.

26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.

27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?

28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.St Matthew Chapter 13

While Utah is still a stronghold of the saints, there is a great division here, and throughout America and the World. Now is not a time to be faint of heart.
Here is an interesting note, in the JST, Joseph Smith changed the order. First, the wheat are gathered out and tares (those that remain behind) will burn.

IV Matt 13 (red JST changes)

22 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man who sowed good seed in his field;
23 But while he slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
24 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
25 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? whence then hath it tares?
26 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.
27 And the servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
28 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
29 Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the time of harvest, I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the wheat into my barn; and the tares are bound in bundles to be burned.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"
-
June 5, 2017 (LifeSiteNews) – A new documentary shares the untold stories of a group of people whose existence many try to deny, or simply don't know exist: those who underwent "sex change" operations but then experienced regret and ended up accepting their biological sex.

TranZformed: Finding Peace with Your God-Given Gender will be released June 15. Pure Passion Media and Mastering Life Ministries are behind the film.

In the trailer, men and women explain elements of their gender confusion. One man shares how he woke up from a "sex change" surgery with altered genitalia and breast implants.

"Wow, what have I done?" he remembers thinking.
"
https://www.lifesitenews.com/tags/tag/tranzformed
:-B

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Spaced_Out wrote: June 5th, 2017, 5:27 am
kirtland r.m. wrote: June 4th, 2017, 6:06 pm While Utah is still a stronghold of the saints, there is a great division here, and throughout America and the World. Now is not a time to be faint of heart.
The tower and stronghold has been broken as SLC has a gay mayor - I wonder who voted her in. As the BoM states when the majority choose wickedness they are ripening/ripe for destruction.
Old Salt Lake City, South Salt Lake, the Avenues, U. of U. area, and over the mountains in the Park City Resort area there are some real strongholds of this kind of behavior. Many of the saints have moved out into the burbs.. Down south in Utah County, home of B.Y.U., things are still fairly good. Because of the large number of active saints in Utah, many people are not somewhere in the middle, but are firm in supporting the church, or more hard core anti's. Some change over time, but many minds have been made up.
Many hateful anti letters show up in places like the Salt Lake Tribune, a real rag unfortunately.The haters will organize their forces and lash out. Many write or speak not understanding church doctrine very well, just throwing rocks. Some are a little more crafty, would deceive the very elect if the can. Just like earlier places the saints gathered, there are hard core apostates. One once told me that l.s.d. expanded his mind and spirituality. Nonsense, it is l.d.s. he needs, not l.s.d. :) .

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

kirtland r.m. wrote: June 6th, 2017, 7:35 pmMany hateful anti letters show up in places like the Salt Lake Tribune, a real rag unfortunately.The haters will organize their forces and lash out. Many write or speak not understanding church doctrine very well, just throwing rocks. Some are a little more crafty, would deceive the very elect if the can. Just like earlier places the saints gathered, there are hard core apostates. One once told me that l.s.d. expanded his mind and spirituality. Nonsense, it is l.d.s. he needs, not l.s.d. :) .

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

kirtland r.m. wrote: June 6th, 2017, 7:35 pm
Old Salt Lake City, South Salt Lake, the Avenues, U. of U. area, and over the mountains in the Park City Resort area there are some real strongholds of this kind of behavior. Many of the saints have moved out into the burbs.. Down south in Utah County, home of B.Y.U., things are still fairly good. Because of the large number of active saints in Utah, many people are not somewhere in the middle, but are firm in supporting the church, or more hard core anti's. Some change over time, but many minds have been made up.
Many hateful anti letters show up in places like the Salt Lake Tribune, a real rag unfortunately.The haters will organize their forces and lash out. Many write or speak not understanding church doctrine very well, just throwing rocks. Some are a little more crafty, would deceive the very elect if the can. Just like earlier places the saints gathered, there are hard core apostates. One once told me that l.s.d. expanded his mind and spirituality. Nonsense, it is l.d.s. he needs, not l.s.d. :) .
I know nothing about SLC never been to the Americas. The question is how did the current Mayor get majority vote.
It is also the sifting the persecution etc will force people to take a stand or concede. There is good purpose to the persecution to prepare the people for what is coming - and it will be very soon.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Personally, I believe the church has been too soft on those who promote tolerance for this kind of behavior.
We need to get more hardline regarding homosexuality.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

Robin Hood wrote: June 7th, 2017, 7:37 am Personally, I believe the church has been too soft on those who promote tolerance for this kind of behavior.
We need to get more hardline regarding homosexuality.
I suspect that the persecution of Mormons for "hating gays" will become so great that many members will wish the Church would just accept them with open arms.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

On the following blog, a faithful Mormon woman states her view that support of gay marriage, such as that by the Mormon Building Bridges people who marched in the SLC Gay Pride Parade, is condoning a specific serious sexual sin, as no one actually believes that same-sex-married couples are not having gay sex. Here is the blog ----

http://www.mormonwomenstand.com/protected-class-of-sin/

This blogpost is criticized at By Common Consent as being supportive of shunning those who sin differently than we do, and as good Mormons, we do not have the right to judge others' choices, nor do we have the right to specifically call gay sex a serious sexual sin. At least that's what I read. Your mileage may vary.

https://bycommonconsent.com/2017/06/06/ ... rent-path/

One thing for sure -- members of the church are divided on this issue, and middle ground is hard to find. If the Church Leadership takes a firm stand in either direction at this point, they will lose members.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Spaced_Out wrote: June 7th, 2017, 5:31 am
kirtland r.m. wrote: June 6th, 2017, 7:35 pm
I know nothing about SLC never been to the Americas. The question is how did the current Mayor get majority vote.
It is also the sifting the persecution etc will force people to take a stand or concede. There is good purpose to the persecution to prepare the people for what is coming - and it will be very soon.
I grew up in Salt Lake, my elderly parents still live there. As a youth, I went to some pretty "rough" schools. There are many non-LDS members there. Just like my father has always taught, that where there is good, there will be equal evil. Because the Church is centered in S.L.C. Satan is throwing all he can to try and thwart the Church's progress; he is equally represented there! Many members have moved away from the City center (many still remain). The city itself is now full of people with liberal ideology. The mayors for S.L.C. have been Democrat since 1976; go figure since our state is known for being "conservative red". (Some of those mayors were definitely better than others!) As I have watched the progress of the city through the years, what is happening now with some of the people appalls me but does not surprise me in the least. Salt Lake City is still a beautiful city and I consider it home base because my roots run very deep there. :)

It would be interesting to know where all of the 12 apostles live. I know the Prophet lives downtown, but others have lived in Davis County close by.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Spaced_Out wrote: June 7th, 2017, 5:31 am I know nothing about SLC never been to the Americas. The question is how did the current Mayor get majority vote.
If you ever have the opportunity to visit Salt Lake City, I would highly recommend doing so. Just visiting the Salt Lake Temple will make the journey worth it.

To answer your question, Salt Lake City is a relatively small area with a population of only around 200,000. The Salt Lake City-Ogden-Provo Combined Statistical Area has a total population of around 2.5 million people. As has been said, church members have been leaving the downtown area in favor of suburbs with a significantly higher percentage of church members.

And yes, people will have to take a stand. When church leaders said that church members wouldn't be punished for supporting gay marriage, one person I knew came out as a very strong supporter and tried telling the rest of us that we were wrong to oppose that abomination. When I pointed out that Elder Christensen said that the church will teach true principles then let people choose their own beliefs, and that the church has very specific teachings regarding sexual activity, she unfriended me and broke off all contact.

It will get worse. I expect we will see church members seduced by worldliness actively fighting against those of us who stand for true principles. The work is hastening; soon the sifting will be hastened.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

brianj wrote: June 7th, 2017, 10:50 pm It will get worse. I expect we will see church members seduced by worldliness actively fighting against those of us who stand for true principles. The work is hastening; soon the sifting will be hastened.
Possibly. But I see things playing out more like they always have. The older generations eventually die away, and their principles with them. The younger generations carry on with their own principles as if they had always been the "correct" ones.

People like Mark E. Peterson and Harold B. Lee never gave any ground on their beliefs about race. They stood for "true principles" their entire lives. But eventually those lives came to an end and they were replaced by people who believed differently.

When beliefs differ between generations, the younger generation always has a built-in advantage.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

captainfearnot wrote: June 8th, 2017, 12:20 pm
brianj wrote: June 7th, 2017, 10:50 pm It will get worse. I expect we will see church members seduced by worldliness actively fighting against those of us who stand for true principles. The work is hastening; soon the sifting will be hastened.
Possibly. But I see things playing out more like they always have. The older generations eventually die away, and their principles with them. The younger generations carry on with their own principles as if they had always been the "correct" ones.

People like Mark E. Peterson and Harold B. Lee never gave any ground on their beliefs about race. They stood for "true principles" their entire lives. But eventually those lives came to an end and they were replaced by people who believed differently.

When beliefs differ between generations, the younger generation always has a built-in advantage.

And that is exactly why I agree with brianj. It's gonna get worse.
dc

RocknRoll
captain of 100

Post by RocknRoll »

Sunain wrote: June 5th, 2017, 10:29 am So much for the day of rest. Tolerance only goes so far. I'd be the worst bishop in the world. I'm about strictly following the commandments. I'd be hauling in any TR worthy member participating in a pride parade. To me, it's an organization and event that is contrary to the teachings of the church.
Well, I think I can safely say that you will never be a bishop then, right? Because if you were a bishop, and you did as you stated above, you would be brought before the SP and probably have your temple recommend yanked and your position revoked.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

RocknRoll wrote: June 8th, 2017, 2:42 pm
Sunain wrote: June 5th, 2017, 10:29 am So much for the day of rest. Tolerance only goes so far. I'd be the worst bishop in the world. I'm about strictly following the commandments. I'd be hauling in any TR worthy member participating in a pride parade. To me, it's an organization and event that is contrary to the teachings of the church.
Well, I think I can safely say that you will never be a bishop then, right? Because if you were a bishop, and you did as you stated above, you would be brought before the SP and probably have your temple recommend yanked and your position revoked.
Well, I think I can safely say that would depend on the SP, wouldn't it?
I think I can also safely say that here in California, the home of the voter passed Proposition 8, the two time passed proposition, we probably have SPs on both sides of the line.
dc

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

David13 wrote: June 8th, 2017, 3:12 pm
I think I can also safely say that here in California, the home of the voter passed Proposition 8, the two time passed proposition, we probably have SPs on both sides of the line.
dc
The fact that the church hasn't brought out an official stance on members participating in pride events is the root of the issue. They are going to have to soon because I too know bishops that are on both sides and it's starting to turn into a roulette.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Sunain wrote: June 8th, 2017, 3:46 pm
David13 wrote: June 8th, 2017, 3:12 pm
dc
The fact that the church hasn't brought out an official stance on members participating in pride events is the root of the issue. They are going to have to soon because I too know bishops that are on both sides and it's starting to turn into a roulette.

Well, to an extent that is always an issue, isn't it? I know an attorney quite well who would tell you that justice frequently depends a lot on which Judge you get.
dc