A new heaven and a new earth... Some surprises!

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

A new heaven and a new earth... Some surprises!

Post by friendsofthe »

New blog...
When Christ comes there will be a new heaven and a new earth. The new earth is easy enough to grasp but the "new heaven"? Wow!!! How cool will this be?

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/a-new-he ... new-earth/

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A new heaven and a new earth... Some surprises!

Post by MMbelieve »

Thanks for your post, I felt your excitement for the wonder of a new heaven. Assuming this means what we see when we look up at the sky, it really would be cool to have a new heaven. There is something magical about the wonder of the heavens. We have star parties at our house from time to time and have a great time looking into the heavens.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Their faces shall be as flames…

While writing this blog I was struck with Isaiah’s description of the wicked, those who will be unprepared and unaware as the events of the Second Coming unfold. Imagine the fear, bewilderment and disorientation they and others will experience when the face of the earth is completely changed and the whole of the heavens above are altered! Isaiah captures it beautifully, we read:

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt:
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

It’s actually a bit difficult to get your head around how profound the changes will be, absolutely nothing that modern day man has any experience with can possibly prepare them for the quantum paradigm shift that is the Second Coming!

Can you imagine how people will react when everything they think they know is turned on its head? More particularly, consider those who don’t believe in Christ, religion, heaven, hell or a life to come. Isaiah said it well… “they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames”!

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

friendsofthe wrote: May 27th, 2017, 6:05 pm Their faces shall be as flames…

While writing this blog I was struck with Isaiah’s description of the wicked, those who will be unprepared and unaware as the events of the Second Coming unfold. Imagine the fear, bewilderment and disorientation they and others will experience when the face of the earth is completely changed and the whole of the heavens above are altered! Isaiah captures it beautifully, we read:

6 Howl ye; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7 Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man’s heart shall melt:
8 And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.

It’s actually a bit difficult to get your head around how profound the changes will be, absolutely nothing that modern day man has any experience with can possibly prepare them for the quantum paradigm shift that is the Second Coming!

Can you imagine how people will react when everything they think they know is turned on its head? More particularly, consider those who don’t believe in Christ, religion, heaven, hell or a life to come. Isaiah said it well… “they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames”!
New earth and new heaven is the earth being changed from a telestrial to terrestrial state. The wicked and those of the telestrial kingdom will not be on the earth when that happens. I don't see any wonder or amazement other than the total destruction just prior to the start of the millennium.
The great wonder and amazement will be what occurs in v.92, and when when the armies of the earth are destroyed when the Jews are saved.

90 And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds.
91 And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.
92 And angels shall fly through the midst of heaven, crying with a loud voice, sounding the trump of God, saying: Prepare ye, prepare ye, O inhabitants of the earth; for the judgment of our God is come. Behold, and lo, the Bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: May 26th, 2017, 9:12 pm New blog...
When Christ comes there will be a new heaven and a new earth. The new earth is easy enough to grasp but the "new heaven"? Wow!!! How cool will this be?

Fantastic blog! You need to slow down a bit though for those of us who are not yet retired. ;)

As I read your blog, I imagined the stars looking like this as they fall from their places:

I was just reading this verse today (different thread I posted about "The Wall"):
D&C 121:12 And also that God hath set his hand and seal to change the times and seasons, and to blind their minds, that they may not understand his marvelous workings; that he may prove them also and take them in their own craftiness;
Footnoted to:
Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
It stands to reason that if the earth moves from one part of the galaxy (or universe) to another, perhaps the times and seasons would also change.

I've seen maps like the one above that seem to indicate our solar system is near the edge of the milky way galaxy, which makes sense to me...just brushing up against outer darkness.

The bright center of the galaxy - around which the milky way revolves and expands - is where I believe the largest stars to be. It is the brightest part of the galaxy. It is the center. This is where I personally believe Elohim, Kolob, and the celestial worlds abide. So ... presently our world is physically in a telestial or temporal area of our galaxy. It stands to reason that the earth would be moved to a terrestrial zone at the second coming. I'll sneak a quote off the blog from the OP - thanks again for the enlightening blog:
“When the earth was framed and brought into existence and man was placed upon it, it was near the throne of our Father in heaven. And when man fell…the earth fell into space, and took up its abode in this planetary system, and the sun became our light….This is the glory the earth came from, and when it is glorified it will return again unto the presence of the Father, and it will dwell there, and these intelligent beings that I am looking at, if they live worthy of it, will dwell upon this earth.” (Brigham Young, JD 17:143.)

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

The stars falling from heaven is mostly referring to meteorite shower. Which starts at the beginning of the tribulations during the opening of the 6th seal...
87 For not many days hence and the earth shall tremble and reel to and fro as a drunken man; and the sun shall hide his face, and shall refuse to give light; and the moon shall be bathed in blood; and the stars shall become exceedingly angry, and shall cast themselves down as a fig that falleth from off a fig tree.
Again the heavens being rolled together is a being of the tribulations in the 6th seal.
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
By analogy with the passage in the D&C mentioned in the first quote we might suppose that the Mormon 9:2 quote (which is actually a quotation from Isaiah 34:4) is metaphorical. As heaven will be opened (simile: as a scroll) and have a beginning of sorts at the Second Coming, Earth will be closed and ended (metaphorically as one might close a scroll). This intepretation is probably true; however, given the quote from Revelations, where John is actually viewing the process, it seems this is an inadequate interpretation and the event can't just be metaphorical. Given the preceding couple of verses in Revelations, I'd imagine that the "heaven" might refer to the visible sky with stars, moon, sun, etc., and that it "departing" could mean that it is no longer visible. One potential explanation for how the "sun became black...and the moon became as blood" around the same time as "the stars of heaven fell unto the earth" could be massive meteor strikes - the resulting dust would alter the visible color of the moon at low concentrations, when it got thicker it could blot out the sun, and the ancients could easily describe the event as the stars of heaven falling. Sufficiently large numbers of ICBMs could conceivably have similar effects - their re-entry vehicles create a rather pretty shooting star effect and nuclear warheads are probably capable of throwing up enough dust to cause the described effects. Either of these events would also release a fair bit of thermal energy and thus go some distance towards explaining the "melt with fervent heat" bit.

https://theboard.byu.edu/questions/51316/
~Ƥ. Ɗ. Kirĸe

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Alaris wrote:
Fantastic blog! You need to slow down a bit though for those of us who are not yet retired. ;)
Actually I’m not retired and I can’t slow down because I think we’re on the brink!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Alaris wrote:
The bright center of the galaxy - around which the milky way revolves and expands - is where I believe the largest stars to be. It is the brightest part of the galaxy. It is the center. This is where I personally believe Elohim, Kolob, and the celestial worlds abide. So ... presently our world is physically in a telestial or temporal area of our galaxy. It stands to reason that the earth would be moved to a terrestrial zone at the second coming. I'll sneak a quote off the blog from the OP - thanks again for the enlightening blog:

I’m going to suppose that you have read “The Kolob Theorem” by Lynn M. Hilton? His book presents a view consistent with your statement above. I personally have long believed, even before he wrote the book, that Kolob was at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy...

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

alaris wrote: May 27th, 2017, 7:30 pm
friendsofthe wrote: May 26th, 2017, 9:12 pm New blog...

As I read your blog, I imagined the stars looking like this as they fall from their places:

I was just reading this verse today (different thread I posted about "The Wall"):
D&C 121:12 And also that God hath set his hand and seal to change the times and seasons, and to blind their minds, that they may not understand his marvelous workings; that he may prove them also and take them in their own craftiness;
Footnoted to:
Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:
It stands to reason that if the earth moves from one part of the galaxy (or universe) to another, perhaps the times and seasons would also change.

I've seen maps like the one above that seem to indicate our solar system is near the edge of the milky way galaxy, which makes sense to me...just brushing up against outer darkness.

“When the earth was framed and brought into existence and man was placed upon it, it was near the throne of our Father in heaven. And when man fell…the earth fell into space, and took up its abode in this planetary system, and the sun became our light….This is the glory the earth came from, and when it is glorified it will return again unto the presence of the Father, and it will dwell there, and these intelligent beings that I am looking at, if they live worthy of it, will dwell upon this earth.” (Brigham Young, JD 17:143.)
Have you read "The Kolob Theorem"?

Edit: it looks like Frank beat me to it.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: May 27th, 2017, 11:39 pm
Alaris wrote:

I’m going to suppose that you have read “The Kolob Theorem” by Lynn M. Hilton? His book presents a view consistent with your statement above. I personally have long believed, even before he wrote the book, that Kolob was at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy...
I have not read it. My father in law put together an awesome video of the galaxies outside ours when the hubble telescope was able to peek through. There are TONS! And that's just from peeking through. They are beautiful and highly varied. Are they each a Father's abode?

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

friendsofthe wrote: May 26th, 2017, 9:12 pm As I read your blog, I imagined the stars looking like this as they fall from their places:

I've imagined the same kind of thing. I do hope to survive until the Second Coming to experience seeing the heavens roll up.

Of course that arrow points to a location around 2,537,000 light years away from Earth.
I have heard other people say this, and still others who have expressed a belief that every star is a Celestial planet. But this doesn't fit what has been observed. Stars in the galactic center have been observed orbiting something at a velocity that indicates the object they are orbiting is about 4.1 million times as heavy as the sun. But the object they are orbiting can't be observed in visible or infrared light. However, this unseen item generates a tremendous amount of X-ray radiation: something that indicates a black hole is the source of both the gravity and x-rays.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

friendsofthe wrote: May 27th, 2017, 9:20 pm
Alaris wrote:
Actually I’m not retired and I can’t slow down because I think we’re on the brink!
When I first read "on the brink!" I thought, =))!

After searching around your blog and finding the video tab and your examples of 4 pillars, I pulled back my judgement :D and I agree with you on the 4 pillars time frame. To me that then puts your "on the brink" comment to, we have to act now for the couple of decades ahead of us. What happens in between the 4 pillars is the part everyone loves to debate.

I skimmed the april 23 blog,
http://thebridegroomcometh.net/the-one- ... ixty-days/

what do you think of the star alignment that is suppose to happen on the 23rd Sep 2017? Is it a coincidence ;) you wrote that on the 23rd?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

When I say we are “on the brink” I mean that we are on the very edge of “the quantum paradigm shift that is the Second Coming” as I said in a recent blog.

The key to knowing when the final sequence leading up to the Second Coming will commence is the 42 months! At the end of the 42 months all hell will break loose and the saints will commence the trek back to Jackson County. The Second Coming will then unfold at Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Joseph Smith describes it this way:
When wars come, we shall have to flee to Zion. The cry is to make haste. The last Revelation says, "Ye shall not have time to have gone over the earth, until these things come." It will come as did the cholera, war, fires, and earthquakes; one pestilence after another, etc., until the Ancient of Days come, then judgment will be given to the Saints. (Joseph Smith,1839-July-DHC 3:385-391)
What Joseph says here is what Daniel says, except Daniel puts it in perspective with the 42 months, we read:
25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, (at AOA, the Second Coming) and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
Now the big question is….. Are we in the 42 months? I think we are and therefore are “on the brink”!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

We may not end up knowing the hour and the day of the Second Advent but we have signs enough that it shouldn’t sneak up on the “elect according to the covenant”. Sings, signs, signs…. We got all kinds of signs!!!

1- The 42 months is a tremendous sign, like a countdown if you will!

2- The destruction of America (the great gentile nation) and worldwide turmoil at the beginning of the final sequence. Daniel says it this way, “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time”.

3- The saints trekking back to Jackson County, the Lord shall lead us back, “And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be. Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence. But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.”

Boy do we have signs! Wake up ye saints, wake up! :)

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

friendsofthe wrote: May 29th, 2017, 9:50 am We may not end up knowing the hour and the day of the Second Advent but we have signs enough that it shouldn’t sneak up on the “elect according to the covenant”. Sings, signs, signs…. We got all kinds of signs!!!

1- The 42 months is a tremendous sign, like a countdown if you will!

2- The destruction of America (the great gentile nation) and worldwide turmoil at the beginning of the final sequence. Daniel says it this way, “And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time”.

3- The saints trekking back to Jackson County, the Lord shall lead us back, “And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be. Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence. But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.”

Boy do we have signs! Wake up ye saints, wake up! :)
1 - How do we know we are in the 42 months?

2 - I've heard both that America will be destroyed and it will be on the brink of being destroyed but be rescued by the Elders of Israel. Is it one or the other or is it both?

3 - That's D&C 103: 19-20 for anyone who wants to know the reference - very cool. The cloud that went before Israel as they wandered through the wilderness was highly symbolic of not only the veil but also of how the Lord interacts with His people and keeps His covenants to us. I wonder how this will be different - no cloud this time?

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Aiaris wrote:
2 - I've heard both that America will be destroyed and it will be on the brink of being destroyed but be rescued by the Elders of Israel. Is it one or the other or is it both?
The constitution will hang by a thread and the Elders of Israel will be found upholding it’s principles when the Lord comes. In this way it is preserved but not the nation. Joseph Smith said:

"And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the history of our nation; pestilence, hail, famine, and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of the land, to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Israel from the north country." (Joseph Smith, HC 1:315.)
1 - How do we know we are in the 42 months?
I’ll answer that question by quoting from a previous post:
If you have followed my posts in the past, you might already understand that I believe that the 42 months is the best scriptural indicator or predictor we have of the Second Coming. It actually serves as a countdown.... How powerful is that?

Anyway, I thought I'd post an older blog I wrote on the subject to give some of the newer members of the forum some background information on the 42 months. But before I do that I want to state that I'm feeling rather certain that this countdown has begun. I've posted in the past that I thought Obama would go on to fulfill John's words where he says "and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months".

I've speculated in the past that he might do this by imposing martial law but in the end I decided that thing to do was to wait and see what happened. It now appears that he is in fact "continue(ing)" with his efforts to stir up strife and his involvement in the "deep state" or "shadow government"... At any rate, I think it's the real deal this time around....

Here's the blog... let me know what you think.
In the pervious blog (Predicting the Second Coming) we talked about two 42-month periods and showed how they help us know when the Lord is about to make his appearance. We mentioned that there will be signs leading up to these two 42-month periods that will indicate that the time is night at hand. For example, when the army of Gog begins to gather we should be looking for the siege against Jerusalem to commence.

However the first 42 months, leading up to the coming of the Bridegroom at Adam-Ondi-Ahman is particularly relevant to our generation. This is when he comes to the members of his church or the bride, this will be the fulfillment of the parable of the ten virgins. If we do not have sufficient oil in our lamps we will not be able to participate in the great gathering to Adam-Ondi-Ahman. Let us therefore strive to be one of the five wise virgins! There will be no re-takes or re-does of the Second Coming!

Latter-day events to unfold in America.

Now let us consider some of the signs or events that will lead us up to this first 42-month period. It is the prophecies of Daniel that hold the keys we seek. From chapter 2 we read:

44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.
45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

Here Daniel prophecies of the coming forth of God’s latter-day kingdom. It is to come forth “in the days of these kings” that is the kings of Europe. Were there not kings in Europe in 1830 when the church was established? There were, however it is equally important to note where this latter-day kingdom was established. The fact that it was to be established in America is according to God’s providence.

Now we move on to chapter 7 of Daniel where we learn of the coming of the “Ancient of days” who we know to be father Adam, we read:

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

This great event is also to unfold in America according to Joseph Smith, said he:

“Daviess County, MO is by the mouth of the Lord called Adam-ondi-Ahman, because, said He, it is the place where Adam shall come to visit his people, or the Ancient of Days shall sit, as spoken by Daniel the Prophet.” (HC, J SMITH 3:35)

Daniel saw a succession of kingdoms in his visions but America was the place where the winding up scenes was to take place.

In Daniel’s vision he sees horns (latter-day nations) but it is the little horn (America) that will go on to persecute the saints most severely. This has already been partially fulfilled, since the time of the restoration the saints have never been persecuted more severely than here in America. Of this little horn Daniel says “even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things…beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them”.

Now let us go to verses 25-27 and again review his version of the 42 month:

25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Daniel says “he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws”.

Since these are events that are to unfold in America we might ask ourselves what or who Daniel saw? Do we see evidence of someone known for speaking “very great things” or “great words” and who has an agendum of “change”? Perhaps someone who “thinks to change” the “laws” upon which America was founded or is undermining the constitution?

If you are able to identify the events portrayed in verse 25 as they are unfolding, that might give you a good idea of just how close we are to the commencement of the 42 months of which Daniel speaks.

Just as the gathering of Gog’s army will signal the nearness the 42 month siege against Jerusalem, there are events unfolding in America that serve the same purpose as the coming of the Bridegroom nears. The Lord never intended that his saints should be caught unaware. From D&C 106 we read:

4 And again, verily I say unto you, the coming of the Lord draweth nigh, and it overtaketh the world as a thief in the night—
5 Therefore, gird up your loins, that you may be the children of light, and that day shall not overtake you as a thief.

Let us ponder, pray and be aware, that we might be as “the children of light” and be prepared for the coming of the Bridegroom!

Thanks for reading the blog. Please take a moment to like, share or subscribe to the blog! God bless until the next time!

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

In my opinion, the 42-month timer has not yet begun. As Saints living in the United States we certainly haven't been worn out...I don't feel persecuted or otherwise harmed by any leader. I don't think we have been "given into his hand". My belief is that this will be a time of dire persecution and I just don't see that currently. I don't think Obama changed "times and laws" any more than any other past president did and now he's gone. When we're persecuted to the point of being "worn out" then I think you can consider the 42-month period to be happening.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

LDS Physician wrote: May 29th, 2017, 8:10 pm In my opinion, the 42-month timer has not yet begun. As Saints living in the United States we certainly haven't been worn out...I don't feel persecuted or otherwise harmed by any leader. I don't think we have been "given into his hand". My belief is that this will be a time of dire persecution and I just don't see that currently. I don't think Obama changed "times and laws" any more than any other past president did and now he's gone. When we're persecuted to the point of being "worn out" then I think you can consider the 42-month period to be happening.

You are definitely right, to me. Give I think about 11 years or so until the church is threatened.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

The earth is going to transition from a telestial to terrestrial state. I believe new heavens will be because we will no longer see what we see in the night sky today. The earth will he physically moved out of its place to a new place in space. Imagine what that scene would look like as the earth moves. I too think we are close and unless you are a terrestrial person, or should I say, if you are a telestial person you will perish.

Paul O'Dwyer
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Paul O'Dwyer »

The new heavens will be like unto the old because Earth will be rolled back to its former place. I suggest tat it may not be as far away as you think. I think these folks understand what it might have looked like. Remember Abraham 3, one above another... As you watch. https://youtu.be/t7EAlTcZFwY

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote: May 28th, 2017, 10:16 pm
friendsofthe wrote: May 26th, 2017, 9:12 pm As I read your blog, I imagined the stars looking like this as they fall from their places:

I've imagined the same kind of thing. I do hope to survive until the Second Coming to experience seeing the heavens roll up.

Of course that arrow points to a location around 2,537,000 light years away from Earth.
I have heard other people say this, and still others who have expressed a belief that every star is a Celestial planet. But this doesn't fit what has been observed. Stars in the galactic center have been observed orbiting something at a velocity that indicates the object they are orbiting is about 4.1 million times as heavy as the sun. But the object they are orbiting can't be observed in visible or infrared light. However, this unseen item generates a tremendous amount of X-ray radiation: something that indicates a black hole is the source of both the gravity and x-rays.
Black hole? :))

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

GrandMasterB wrote: June 11th, 2017, 10:10 pmBlack hole? :))
Would you prefer I refer to it as a gravitational singularity?

GrandMasterB
captain of 1,000

Post by GrandMasterB »

brianj wrote: June 12th, 2017, 8:48 pm
GrandMasterB wrote: June 11th, 2017, 10:10 pmBlack hole? :))
Would you prefer I refer to it as a gravitational singularity?
Maybe if there was such a thing sure. Since there isn't then it won't make any difference.