Understanding the half-hour of silence...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Understanding the half-hour of silence...

Post by friendsofthe »

This topic has been broadly speculated about....
New blog: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-ther ... f-an-hour/

Let me know what you think... :)
Last edited by friendsofthe on May 27th, 2017, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Re: Understanging the half-hour of silence...

Post by friendsofthe »

A new mini post to supplement the previous post...

http://thebridegroomcometh.net/more-on- ... f-silence/

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Friendsofthe,

How long were each of the 6 creative days in Genesis? I submit that if you defend it as 6,000 years, you are just as wrong as those who say 144 earth hours. It may be fun to try and put earthy time to these revelations, and it is fine to do so, as long as one recognizes it as an interesting thought experiment, and nothing more.

Regards,

George Clay

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

We are not in the 1/2 hour of silence. We are just in the prepatory times, or the Times of The Gentiles.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

I've enjoyed reading your recent blog posts. I like to think about these things making sure to keep the scriptural foundation.

I might have passed over it, but what do you think the silence is supposed to mean? Little revelation or miracles from God? No more signs in the sky? Or something else.

I like the visual chart at the end. The first appearance to the saints at New Jerusalem, is that the same to you as the appearance at Adam Ondi Ahman?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

D&C 38:11-12 For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth , among the children of men, in the presence of all the host of heaven- v:12 Which caused silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be burned; and, behold, the enemy is combined.

Just saying wickedness has never covered the earth more than now, so if we are in the seventh seal, it might just be that the Lord is describing that which causes silence to reign. Our own wickedness. IMO

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

For some reason, I think we may be in this period now. Even the Church Sunday School, the Prophet, and the GA's are focusing on the basics again and not bringing forth a lot of new topics.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Matchmaker wrote: May 21st, 2017, 3:24 pm For some reason, I think we may be in this period now. Even the Church Sunday School, the Prophet, and the GA's are focusing on the basics again and not bringing forth a lot of new topics.

That technically doesn't mean that we're in the 7th seal. Basically everything that is essential to our salvation has been revealed already. Plus, the Prophets and Apostles probably haven't recieved anything new beause the wicked might persecute us and we will face numerous challenges. The prophets can reveal anything at any time. I'm very sure that when New Jerusalem is established (in 2040), then we will start learning exciting new things!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Z2100 wrote:
We are not in the 1/2 hour of silence. We are just in the prepatory times, or the Times of The Gentiles.

Totally agree… :)

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

LDScop wrote:
I've enjoyed reading your recent blog posts. I like to think about these things making sure to keep the scriptural foundation.

I might have passed over it, but what do you think the silence is supposed to mean? Little revelation or miracles from God? No more signs in the sky? Or something else.
I’m not aware of any meaning to the half-hour of silence other that the belief that John uses it primarily as a timing mechanism.
I like the visual chart at the end. The first appearance to the saints at New Jerusalem, is that the same to you as the appearance at Adam Ondi Ahman?
I used to believe that AOA and the New Jerusalem appearances were separate but have chanted my mind on that. Now I would say that the Saints will be gathered to the location of the NJ but the Bridegroom will actually appear to them at Adam-Ondi-Ahman..

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Older / Wiser? Wrote:
D&C 38:11-12 For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth , among the children of men, in the presence of all the host of heaven- v:12 Which caused silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be burned; and, behold, the enemy is combined.
Good call. This passage may be a clue to what would cause silence in heaven. Give that some more thought!

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

Older/wiser? wrote: May 21st, 2017, 3:08 pm D&C 38:11-12 For all flesh is corrupted before me; and the powers of darkness prevail upon the earth , among the children of men, in the presence of all the host of heaven- v:12 Which caused silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be burned; and, behold, the enemy is combined.

Just saying wickedness has never covered the earth more than now, so if we are in the seventh seal, it might just be that the Lord is describing that which causes silence to reign. Our own wickedness. IMO
Astute observation!

It reminds me of Brother Joseph's lament:
D&C 121:

1 O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?

2 How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?

3 Yea, O Lord, how long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful oppressions, before thine heart shall be softened toward them, and thy bowels be moved with compassion toward them?

4 O Lord God Almighty, maker of heaven, earth, and seas, and of all things that in them are, and who controllest and subjectest the devil, and the dark and benighted dominion of Sheol—stretch forth thy hand; let thine eye pierce; let thy pavilion be taken up; let thy hiding place no longer be covered; let thine ear be inclined; let thine heart be softened, and thy bowels moved with compassion toward us.

5 Let thine anger be kindled against our enemies; and, in the fury of thine heart, with thy sword avenge us of our wrongs.

6 Remember thy suffering saints, O our God; and thy servants will rejoice in thy name forever.
This could be summed up as, "O God, how long wilt thou be silent?"

The silence before the Lord and His angels start making some noise.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

People try to figure 1000 years is a day so divide it by 24 hours, and it is 41.5 / 2 = 21.25 years. But then the Messiah said, 'Is there not 12 hours in a day?', in the New Testament? Then people divide it by 12 hours, and it is 83 / 2 = 42.5 years.

However I have come to feel it is our time rather than the Lord's time, for it is the silence before the storm, it is the deep breathe before the plunge. After the seven Vials of the wrath of G_d are poured out, and then the seven Thunders and the seven Voices (or Judgments) have come. Some time is then given for all upon the earth to reflect (30 minutes), and then the end comes.

As for saying wickedness has never covered the earth more than now... In Noah's day, after Zion had fled was the most wicked time to date. For the Lord repented He had ever created man. However, we are drawing close. When the time comes that the Lord can not find ten righteous souls in almost all of the cities of the earth, He shall rain fire and brimstone down from heaven and shall cleanse this world from one end unto the whole of it. And Isaiah said, that their will be so few left upon the earth, that a small child may right their names (8 souls).

Shalom
Last edited by Kingdom of ZION on May 22nd, 2017, 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Kingdom of ZION wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:22 pm People try to figure 1000 years is a day so divide it by 24 hours, and it is 41.5 years. But then the Messiah said, 'Is there not 12 hours in a day?', in the New Testament? Then people divide it by 12 hours, and it is 83 years.

83 years of what? Until the Second Coming? And how did you get this conclusion?? Because I believe that the Second Coming is in 83 years..

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

Z2100 wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:28 pm
Kingdom of ZION wrote: May 21st, 2017, 7:22 pm People try to figure 1000 years is a day so divide it by 24 hours, and it is 41.5 years. But then the Messiah said, 'Is there not 12 hours in a day?', in the New Testament? Then people divide it by 12 hours, and it is 83 years.

83 years of what? Until the Second Coming? And how did you get this conclusion?? Because I believe that the Second Coming is in 83 years..

Thank you Z2100... It has been so many years since I thought about this. I forgot to then divide it two to get the length of time for a half-hour of silence. So it would be 41.5 years for a 24 hour day, and only 21.25 years if there is only 12 hours in a 1000 year day.

MR. T
captain of 50

Post by MR. T »

Silence is symbolic of inaction.

Psalm 50: 3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Silence = God withholding his judgments from the wicked. Hence the wicked will stew in their inequity, awaiting to be destroyed.

D&C 38: 12 Which causeth silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be .burned; and, behold, the enemy is combined.

D&C 88: 95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;

Silence in Heaven is a 7th seal event!!! We are currently in the 6th Seal.

In other words, YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

MR. T wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:17 pm Silence is symbolic of inaction.

Psalm 50: 3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

Silence = God withholding his judgments from the wicked. Hence the wicked will stew in their inequity, awaiting to be destroyed.

D&C 38: 12 Which causeth silence to reign, and all eternity is pained, and the angels are waiting the great command to reap down the earth, to gather the tares that they may be .burned; and, behold, the enemy is combined.

D&C 88: 95 And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour; and immediately after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up, and the face of the Lord shall be unveiled;

Where in the 6th seal do you think we're in? I think we're in 6924

MR. T
captain of 50

Post by MR. T »

Z2100 wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:18 pm

The actual year is a non-issue for me for one simple reason - When God created the world he said after the work is done is when the day is declared. God did not say "do this today" he said "do this and call your labor the () day"

That is why we are told to study the signs and not count the days. Many things still need to happen in the 6th seal.

In the parable of the 10 virgins the bridegroom came much later than was expected. If you are expecting the second coming to be year 7021 (and that's assuming that we are in year 6924) I would bet you are going to be very disappointed.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

MR. T wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:59 pm
Z2100 wrote: May 21st, 2017, 10:18 pm

The actual year is a non-issue for me for one simple reason - When God created the world he said after the work is done is when the day is declared. God did not say "do this today" he said "do this and call your labor the () day"

That is why we are told to study the signs and not count the days. Many things still need to happen in the 6th seal.

In the parable of the 10 virgins the bridegroom came much later than was expected. If you are expecting the second coming to be year 7021 (and that's assuming that we are in year 6924) I would bet you are going to be very disappointed.
I expect the Second Coming to be in 7007. The 1/2 of silence is just the Earthly 1/2 of silence when the 7000th year begins...

oxbloodangel
captain of 100

Post by oxbloodangel »

It is all about wickedness and lack of faith:

Ether 12:12
12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

friendsofthe wrote: May 20th, 2017, 11:44 pm This topic has been broadly speculated about....

The tribulations come prior to the new Jerusalem Zion, the tribulations is to prepare and make a righteous people who are able to live and abide by the law of consecration and establish the New Jerusalem. I don't see any justification for the 7 years of tribulations only starting during the 7th seal

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

friendsofthe wrote: May 20th, 2017, 11:44 pm This topic has been broadly speculated about....

The half hour of silence is silence from the heavens not silence on earth, as all the events of the seals are sophistical happenings on the earth so is the half hour of silence mentioned in Revelations.
The events of the 6th seal start with events from the heavens. Meteorite bombardment, sun black and moon - blood.
Rev6:12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Then the the last event of the 6th seal is the return of the 10 lost tribes to the New Jerusalem. They will be called as part of the 144k to preach to the nations. That is why there is a half hour of silence to allow for the final gathering of the elect from all the nations.

The 7th seal starts with half hours of silence from the heavens then the heaves talk again - meteorite bombardment, it is very obvious the silence is a gap without major destruction coming from the heavens. By the time the half hour of silence is over it is very much total destruction and the winding up events prior to the second coming.

Rev 8:1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Again very obvious silence from the meteorite and other bombardments from the heavens. There is nothing to be confused about and it is not essential to understanding the revelations of John, or are you proposing those that have a different interpretation are all confused and our puzzle pieces are all jumbled......
Revelations is a very simply writing and one of the most easy books to understand - there is no need to make it confusing.

LatterDayLizard
captain of 100

Post by LatterDayLizard »

Could it be the Lord's way of providing balance? Perhaps it means He will be holding something back in anticipation of a huge outpouring, like a tsunami, pulling way back for a time only to return as a massive deluge.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000

Post by Spaced_Out »

LatterDayLizard wrote: May 27th, 2017, 7:41 am Could it be the Lord's way of providing balance? Perhaps it means He will be holding something back in anticipation of a huge outpouring, like a tsunami, pulling way back for a time only to return as a massive deluge.
Yes most likely a final opportunity to repent and send the missionaries out - the calm before the real big storm. As when the 7th seal open the first thing to occur after the 'haven silence' is 1/3 of all the trees burnt and all the green grass burnt then everything in the oceans dies.