Jason Chaffetz being threatened?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
onefour1
captain of 1,000

Jason Chaffetz being threatened?

Post by onefour1 »

According to these videos, the feds are threatening Chaffetz family:

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Jason Chaffetz being threatened?

Post by kittycat51 »

I wouldn't doubt it ONE bit. I have been happy with his representation and have voted for him every time. He is a bulldog and not afraid to back down...which made me wonder if there was more to all of this. When it comes down to it FAMILY is what's most important and if there is any validity to this story than no wonder. I would step down too; it's just not worth it.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

onefour1 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 6:25 pm According to these videos, the feds are threatening Chaffetz family:
This is a common pattern. A number of years ago (18-15 years or so), there was a whole slew of Senators and Reps that suddenly decided not to run again, and as I recall, several of these left office before the end of their terms.

The article I read about this phenomenon had apparent inside information that they had been exposed keeping illicit Swiss Bank accounts to stash their ill gotten gains while in Congress.

The surprising thing about those who pulled out of Congress was that they all said they were doing it so they could spend more time with their families . . . as if this were a code for broadcasting that they were being forced out of office.

In Jason's case, he and his family may have been directly threatened, and he was advised to say he wanted to spend more time with his family. Others reading this 'coded' excuse, would know exactly why he was leaving and would constrain their behavior to escape the wrath of the PTB who forced Jason out.

My first take on reading about Jason's exit was that either he and/or his family had been threatened (being too effective in going after agents of the PTB), or they had something on him sufficient to make him leave. Either way, they wanted to get rid of him, because he was causing too much damage to powerful people in his role as chairman of the United States House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

His excuse of having a minor mid-life crisis after turning 50, seems rather lame.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Or maybe he was just getting sick of swimming with the eels.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

My first thought was that he'd make a heck of a lot more money working for Fox. That's still what I think.

Matchmaker
captain of 1,000

Post by Matchmaker »

I think he plans to run for President someday and is eyeing a new job in the media which will pay him more and give him the opportunity to reach a wider audience.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

This is so disappointing. Rep. Chaffetz as the chair of the House oversight committee had the power to call any witnesses, ask any questions, and subpoena any information or documents.

If Chaffetz was half awake he could have and should have uncovered some real dirt and corruption in government.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Where are these videos from? Are they a reputable source?

I will say I don't believe for one minute his excuse that he 'wanted to spend more time with his family'. If he'd wanted to do that, he wouldn't have spent 12 years living away from his family, instead of just moving them there. Total lame excuse.

Is he being blackmailed? Possibly, but there are other reasons he could be dropping out now.

Does he have some kind of illness? If he did, I think he would have shared this information.

Is he planning to run for president? Very likely. I believe he's already got the domain names for presidential runs and he's probably looking at some lucrative private sector job opportunities which would help him get the money and support for a run.

He could start with running for Governor of Utah also. I think he could run for Governor in 2020 because Herbertson can't run again, then run for President in 2024 or 2028.

My feelings are mixed about Chaffetz. While he's done some great things, I think he's a craftier Politician than we might think on the surface and I think he's not satisfied with just being a Congressman.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

I have to laugh how they pronounce Chaffetz; they say the "A" as in "dad"...Chaffetz. Around here in Utah the "A" is pronounced as in "day", Chaffetz.
:D
I believe there is SO much more to this than we will ever now. Judging him is wrong. My kids have gone to school with his kids and they are a good bunch.

Podesta is awful when he mocks Jason about "when one says they are retiring because of family, it's never about family". Podesta is one sick, twisted individual, and someday he will be judged according. Does he really even know or understand the importance of a family? :-?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

kittycat51 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 10:26 am I have to laugh how they pronounce Chaffetz; they say the "A" as in "dad"...Chaffetz. Around here in Utah the "A" is pronounced as in "day", Chaffetz.
I believe there is SO much more to this than we will ever now. Judging him is wrong. My kids have gone to school with his kids and they are a good bunch.

Podesta is awful when he mocks Jason about "when one says they are retiring because of family, it's never about family". Podesta is one sick, twisted individual, and someday he will be judged according. Does he really even know or understand the importance of a family? :-?
I guess we need to be careful about judging him unfairly, but I am skeptical. He admitted himself that he's been away from his family the whole time he served in congress--he did not move them back east, so I guess if he has really good kids, his wife is the one responsible, since she's been essentially a single parent raising them.

And unfortunately, Podesta is right. That excuse is often used when someone is leaving because they had an affair and their marriage is falling apart. I"m NOT saying that's the case with Chaffetz, but he ought to have chosen a different excuse, that one is way overused and usually means something else.

Does anyone know...if he leaves office in June, does that leave his district without representation for months until they hold an election in November? I don't see why he doesn't stay in office and continue his duties until he can be replaced.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

AI2.0 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 12:57 pm
kittycat51 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 10:26 am I have to laugh how they pronounce Chaffetz; they say the "A" as in "dad"...Chaffetz. Around here in Utah the "A" is pronounced as in "day", Chaffetz.

I guess we need to be careful about judging him unfairly, but I am skeptical. He admitted himself that he's been away from his family the whole time he served in congress--he did not move them back east, so I guess if he has really good kids, his wife is the one responsible, since she's been essentially a single parent raising them.

And unfortunately, Podesta is right. That excuse is often used when someone is leaving because they had an affair and their marriage is falling apart. I"m NOT saying that's the case with Chaffetz, but he ought to have chosen a different excuse, that one is way overused and usually means something else.

Does anyone know...if he leaves office in June, does that leave his district without representation for months until they hold an election in November? I don't see why he doesn't stay in office and continue his duties until he can be replaced.
Yeah, we have to wait until November. It's interesting to see all the people running so far. Lots of local politicians.
I get his announcing he wasn't planning to run next year. But then to suddenly say nevermind, he's leaving now...it doesn't seem like him. If he is planning to run for anything else, it doesn't set him up well.
He did say once at a delegate meeting a few years back that if his family really needed him, he'd quit in a heartbeat. So I honestly figure he is really needed at home.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Yahtzee wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 12:23 am
AI2.0 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 12:57 pm

Yeah, we have to wait until November. It's interesting to see all the people running so far. Lots of local politicians.
I get his announcing he wasn't planning to run next year. But then to suddenly say nevermind, he's leaving now...it doesn't seem like him. If he is planning to run for anything else, it doesn't set him up well.
He did say once at a delegate meeting a few years back that if his family really needed him, he'd quit in a heartbeat. So I honestly figure he is really needed at home.
I don't know, but the whole thing has been handled oddly. I'm quite certain there is more to it. I don't know what it is, but I don't believe what's being put forward and yes, the politicians are in force, they are all clammering for the seat. I also noticed that the Republican Utah party tried to strongarm the choice away from the people--they wanted to fill the seat with one of their hand picked flunkies. Can you tell I don't trust the Utah Republican party? I don't trust their motives or their values or their obsessive need to control the citizens through government interference but pay lip service to Constitutional values of liberty and freedom.

Yahtzee
captain of 100

Post by Yahtzee »

AI2.0 wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 9:49 am I don't know what it is, but I don't believe what's being put forward and yes, the politicians are in force, they are all clammering for the seat. I also noticed that the Republican Utah party tried to strongarm the choice away from the people--they wanted to fill the seat with one of their hand picked flunkies. Can you tell I don't trust the Utah Republican party? I don't trust their motives or their values or their obsessive need to control the citizens through government interference but pay lip service to Constitutional values of liberty and freedom.
I don't blame you. I keep thinking of leaving, but that depends on if Orrin Hatch tries to run again. I want to do my part to keep him out. I was so glad to see they ousted James Evans last weekend though. We'll have to see how the new chair is. He at least sounds like he's been listening to and will address complaints. But I read this year will be the first time Utah will have more unaffiliated voters than republicans. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Chaffetz seat.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Yep, Chaffetz was being threatened with a higher salary by the Decepticons at Fox News.

http://www.rightlyreport.com/jason-chaf ... onth/19780

Congressman Jason Chaffetz closes out his career in Congress this Friday Starting next month, he will be working at Fox News. Chaffetz gave an interview to his new employer today in which he once again claimed his decision was about his family.
“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train,” Chaffetz said. “I happen to have a wife I love and kids I adore and two of our three kids are now married and they’re moving away, we’re about to become empty-nesters,” he said, adding, “There comes a point where you’ve got to get more balance in your life.”
Asked if his motivation was money, Chaffetz admitted it was, at least “partly.” “Look, we’re paid a very handsome salary, but our home’s in Utah. I didn’t move to Washington, D.C. I sleep in a cot in my office,” he said.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver wrote: June 29th, 2017, 5:41 am Yep, Chaffetz was being threatened with a higher salary by the Decepticons at Fox News.

http://www.rightlyreport.com/jason-chaf ... onth/19780

Congressman Jason Chaffetz closes out his career in Congress this Friday Starting next month, he will be working at Fox News. Chaffetz gave an interview to his new employer today in which he once again claimed his decision was about his family.
“There comes a point where you gotta get off the crazy train,” Chaffetz said. “I happen to have a wife I love and kids I adore and two of our three kids are now married and they’re moving away, we’re about to become empty-nesters,” he said, adding, “There comes a point where you’ve got to get more balance in your life.”
Asked if his motivation was money, Chaffetz admitted it was, at least “partly.” “Look, we’re paid a very handsome salary, but our home’s in Utah. I didn’t move to Washington, D.C. I sleep in a cot in my office,” he said.
Yes true! But I did hear an interview he did last week where they played recordings of the threats he has been getting. Not cool one bit and to me really unnerving. Heck who wouldn't WANT to get out of the Washington bureaucracy crap and get paid better too? Getting rid of extra stress that comes along with "government" jobs would be a plus also. :ymparty: