Rowe - Energy Sessions

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: Rowe - Energy Sessions

Post by Juliet »

Summerwind wrote: May 19th, 2017, 10:26 pm ....speaking of criticisms.....
Entertaining different angles of thought is how I learn. I don't mean to be argumentative.
Last edited by Juliet on May 19th, 2017, 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Nope, it was pretty direct actually

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Editing after he fact is passive aggressive... just in case ppl wonder why this no longer makes sense, juliet edited and removed the criticisms.

I simply do no think priestcraft is acceptable. End of story.

Mcox
captain of 100

Post by Mcox »

Julie Rowe makes the best case against energy healing. Her negative emotions have caused mental illness. They have not been cleared evidently.

Spider
captain of 100

Post by Spider »

Strange. I don't get it. Don't psychologists use therapy to get rid of negative emotions and thoughts? Are energy healers just untrained wanna be psychologists? Putting your trust in someone like that sounds scary to me.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Does this apply to Julie?

Doctrine & Covenants 76:
114 But great and marvelous are the works of the Lord, and the mysteries of his kingdom which he showed unto us, which surpass all understanding in glory, and in might, and in dominion;

115 Which he commanded us we should not write while we were yet in the Spirit, and are not lawful for man to utter;

116 Neither is man capable to make them known, for they are only to be seen and understood by the power of the Holy Spirit, which God bestows on those who love him, and purify themselves before him;

117 To whom he grants this privilege of seeing and knowing for themselves;

118 That through the power and manifestation of the Spirit, while in the flesh, they may be able to bear his presence in the world of glory.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Juliet wrote: May 19th, 2017, 10:17 pm If we find a quote by a general authority, are we to obey it unconditionally? D&C 50 says we should only receive the teachings that we are able to receive by the spirit of truth.

Would most agree that if there is a quote by a general authority against energy healing, then we must obey that quote because of the authority of the messenger? Or should we obey it according to whether or not it is true according to our best discernment and experiences.
You have agency, no one will force you to heed any church leader's counsel. That said, the church has given counsel on the type of energy healing Julie Rowe is selling.

Here's the statement, from last fall when a news story came out on this kind of 'christ centered' energy healing;
“We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” (LDS church spokesman Eric Hawkins)
Now, if you choose to, you can ignore their warning, but you do so at your own risk. If people refuse to listen to the warnings, they have no one to blame but themselves when they wake up one day to realize they've been deceived and swindled out of their hard earned money by members they put their trust in.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

AI2.0 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 9:41 am
Juliet wrote: May 19th, 2017, 10:17 pm If we find a quote by a general authority, are we to obey it unconditionally? D&C 50 says we should only receive the teachings that we are able to receive by the spirit of truth.

Would most agree that if there is a quote by a general authority against energy healing, then we must obey that quote because of the authority of the messenger? Or should we obey it according to whether or not it is true according to our best discernment and experiences.
You have agency, no one will force you to heed any church leader's counsel. That said, the church has given counsel on the type of energy healing Julie Rowe is selling.

Here's the statement, from last fall when a news story came out on this kind of 'christ centered' energy healing;
“We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” (LDS church spokesman Eric Hawkins)
Now, if you choose to, you can ignore their warning, but you do so at your own risk. If people refuse to listen to the warnings, they have no one to blame but themselves when they wake up one day to realize they've been deceived and swindled out of their hard earned money by members they put their trust in.
Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it. I really don't understand. Why can't a woman have a gift of discernment? My patriarchal blessing says I have the gift of discernment for my needs and those who are close to me. So, can't I have my friend call me, and because I am busy I charge her for my time; not the use of the gift, but the use of my time; so that she can receive help via my gift of discernment? Again, I think you have to use the spirit of discernment on anything an authority says. So much of what they say is vague anyway, you have to use discernment.

Is giving my child a hug using a special method for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders? Maybe before I hug my child to help her feel better, I should get set apart so that I have a properly ordained authority to help her feel better?

I just really don't understand.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

I have the gift of discernment as well. Any child of God can acquire this gift. However, it works when one has the spirit of the Lord in their life regularly and not so much when they don't.

What does that have to do with the church's statement on miraculous healing outside the priesthood? The gift of Discernment is about being able to see truth or lies when you come across them, not about healing.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Juliet wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 10:20 am

Thank you for your response, I do appreciate it. I really don't understand. Why can't a woman have a gift of discernment? My patriarchal blessing says I have the gift of discernment for my needs and those who are close to me. So, can't I have my friend call me, and because I am busy I charge her for my time; not the use of the gift, but the use of my time; so that she can receive help via my gift of discernment? Again, I think you have to use the spirit of discernment on anything an authority says. So much of what they say is vague anyway, you have to use discernment.

Is giving my child a hug using a special method for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders? Maybe before I hug my child to help her feel better, I should get set apart so that I have a properly ordained authority to help her feel better?

No, giving your child a hug is not using a special method for accessing healing power outside properly ordained priesthood holders.... were you being facetious?
Are you familiar with the practice of energy healing? If not, that might be why you would suggest that giving a hug might be what the statement was cautioning against.

You can have gifts of the spirit and they are to be used to edify others. Using your 'gifts' doesn't always add up to 'priestcraft'. If I have a gift of teaching and I go into the teaching profession, I'm not doing anything wrong.
But, there are certain gifts that need to be used carefully. I'm not sure what you are talking about, charging someone because you are busy, to use your gift of discernment, so I don't want to comment on that. I do know that if a person claims to have the gift of healing and they charge people to give them blessings or charge them even to pray for them, or sell handkerchiefs that have been blessed to cause miraculous healings---that's priestcraft. They can do it, but they'll answer to God one day. Healing through what some claim is the power of God should not be bought or sold.

I pointed out the church's statement on so called 'christ centered' energy healing. I think the statement is pretty clear. If a person reads it and recognizes that is what they are doing, they ought to stop. But, they have their agency, they can ignore the warning, but they can't say they didn't know it was wrong.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

AI2.0 wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 12:48 pm

No, giving your child a hug is not using a special method for accessing healing power outside properly ordained priesthood holders.... were you being facetious?
Are you familiar with the practice of energy healing? If not, that might be why you would suggest that giving a hug might be what the statement was cautioning against.

You can have gifts of the spirit and they are to be used to edify others. Using your 'gifts' doesn't always add up to 'priestcraft'. If I have a gift of teaching and I go into the teaching profession, I'm not doing anything wrong.
But, there are certain gifts that need to be used carefully. I'm not sure what you are talking about, charging someone because you are busy, to use your gift of discernment, so I don't want to comment on that. I do know that if a person claims to have the gift of healing and they charge people to give them blessings or charge them even to pray for them, or sell handkerchiefs that have been blessed to cause miraculous healings---that's priestcraft. They can do it, but they'll answer to God one day. Healing through what some claim is the power of God should not be bought or sold.

I pointed out the church's statement on so called 'christ centered' energy healing. I think the statement is pretty clear. If a person reads it and recognizes that is what they are doing, they ought to stop. But, they have their agency, they can ignore the warning, but they can't say they didn't know it was wrong.
Thank you again for your response. I was being a little facetious. I have read 1 small book on energy healing. After I read it, when I went to bed, I said to myself, "I have the faith to be healed in 2 hours." Exactly 2 hours later, (I had a headache and neck pain), an energy, like a small jolt of electricity shot into my neck, aligned it, and I was completely better. That is the extend of my experience with energy healing. What I have a lot experience with, is emotional healing; which has to do with softening the heart that has been hardened by abuse and trauma and can hold devils in it. It seems Julie Rowe's work is along these lines.

I also have a friend that has been my therapist for healing from satanic ritual abuse. She can help me, where no bishop has been able to. She charges a small fee for her time. Part of the healing, is that she can receive messages from ministering angels to help me with my healing. She also uses the gift of tongues to help cast demons out of me. Without her, I would be without support; because regular therapists charge 100 dollars per hour, and the Bishop has said he has no ability to councill me or help me in any way in my healing. So, would my friend be wrong to help me the way she is?

The same goes for me, if I have a friend who needs emotional healing, and I am able to help her because I have been through similar trauma, and I use the Holy Spirit as it teaches me what to say to help her, am I doing priestcraft? I would think not.

I honestly am thinking maybe I will call Julie Rowe and see if what she does is similar. I think anything that helps people heal will be good enough.

We were counselled to study the words of Jesus in our last general conference. These are His words:

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Jesus also said that if a tree brings forth good fruit, than it is a good tree.

What worries me, is council from the authorities, that is designed to stop people from looking and receiving answers, in exchange for looking to a higher man authority to control us. That is something a wolf in sheep's clothing will do.

I strongly believe our church is the high church of God, but I also sustain the authorities as they align with what the Holy Spirit teaches, otherwise, we are accountable for sustaining that which is not good.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

Joel wrote: May 19th, 2017, 6:34 pm I want my kundalini and chakras removed, how much is that?
I keep thinking I should get mine removed too but my wife seems to think we may still be meant to have another kid.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

I can assure you that no angels are helping Julie Rowe help or heal anyone. Unless Angels now follow deceit and lying. I dont believe Angels are following any "healers" and I never will. One day these morons that send their money to these people will go crying for their money back or wondering where their shelter and food is stashed, looking for the money that Julie Rowe paid her bills and vacations with.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

One great evil is, that men are ignorant of the nature of spirits; their power, laws, government, intelligence, etc., and imagine that when there is anything like power, revelation, or vision manifested, that it must be of God. . . .(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, Section Four 1839-42, p.203-214)

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Juliet wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 1:36 pm What worries me, is council from the authorities, that is designed to stop people from looking and receiving answers, in exchange for looking to a higher man authority to control us. That is something a wolf in sheep's clothing will do.

I strongly believe our church is the high church of God, but I also sustain the authorities as they align with what the Holy Spirit teaches, otherwise, we are accountable for sustaining that which is not good.
The counsel is designed to keep people from being deceived by anyone who claims to have the ability to heal and either does not and is perpetrating a ruse, or is using satanic power to heal which harms more than it heals. The very fact that you see the leadership of the church as wolves in sheep's clothing is very telling. I see this a lot among Julie's followers. They tend to follow HER counsel without even batting an eye and start to ignore the apostles and prophets of the Lord.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

My responses in blue;
Juliet wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 1:36 pm

Thank you again for your response. I was being a little facetious. I have read 1 small book on energy healing. After I read it, when I went to bed, I said to myself, "I have the faith to be healed in 2 hours." Exactly 2 hours later, (I had a headache and neck pain), an energy, like a small jolt of electricity shot into my neck, aligned it, and I was completely better. That is the extend of my experience with energy healing. What I have a lot experience with, is emotional healing; which has to do with softening the heart that has been hardened by abuse and trauma and can hold devils in it. It seems Julie Rowe's work is along these lines.Juliet, the problem I see is that these other forms of healing are set up in competition with our ordained Priesthood holders. If you read a book on energy healing and then you have what you feel is a miraculous healing, why would you ask a priesthood holder for a blessing? You won't, because you've found another method to bring healing. For those who say that Priesthood blessings don't or haven't worked for them, the question they should ask themselves is 'why?'. There are diverse spirits in the world and you can tap into them or you can limit yourself to what you know, through your faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is a better way. Julie Rowe's work is based on Emotion Code, which is a form of 'christ centered' energy healing and is exactly what members were cautioned against. I feel that this warning should be taken seriously. If someone knows that church leaders have warned against this, it is foolhardy to look into it or try it out--that is, if you have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel and believe the church is guided by men called of God. If you don't believe that, then you very well might turn to other imitations and diverse spirits which are out there....

I also have a friend that has been my therapist for healing from satanic ritual abuse. She can help me, where no bishop has been able to. She charges a small fee for her time. Part of the healing, is that she can receive messages from ministering angels to help me with my healing. She also uses the gift of tongues to help cast demons out of me. Without her, I would be without support; because regular therapists charge 100 dollars per hour, and the Bishop has said he has no ability to councill me or help me in any way in my healing. So, would my friend be wrong to help me the way she is?

The same goes for me, if I have a friend who needs emotional healing, and I am able to help her because I have been through similar trauma, and I use the Holy Spirit as it teaches me what to say to help her, am I doing priestcraft? I would think not.

I honestly am thinking maybe I will call Julie Rowe and see if what she does is similar. I think anything that helps people heal will be good enough.

We were counselled to study the words of Jesus in our last general conference. These are His words:

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

Jesus also said that if a tree brings forth good fruit, than it is a good tree.Jesus never would have condoned what the guy was doing if he'd been charging for it, if he'd been charging Jesus would have clearly shown he was NOT one of them--see how Peter reacted when Simon Magus tried to buy priesthood power. And how did Jesus react to those who were selling in the temple? He reacted violently, twice. He was offended by their actions.

What worries me, is council from the authorities, that is designed to stop people from looking and receiving answers, in exchange for looking to a higher man authority to control us. That is something a wolf in sheep's clothing will do.Their counsel is from the Lord. In essence,
they are telling you 'don't let go of the iron rod--don't go wandering off into strange paths because if you do, you are going to get lost--spiritually. There are countless examples of people who've done this and the consequences are devastating. If you think our Prophets and leaders are 'wolves in sheep's clothing', your problem is you don't have a testimony of their divine callings. If you believe the church is true, but don't trust the leaders, you need to fix that--but it will take hard spiritual work for gain that testimony, if you have the desire...or you can take the easy way and follow the world and the quick fixes it offers as cheap imitations.

I strongly believe our church is the high church of God,You lack faith, has anyone told you that? You know what you need to work on,
if you want to gain a testimony, but as I said, it's really hard work, spiritually and most of the world are not interested in the sacrifices required to develop this faith.
but I also sustain the authorities as they align with what the Holy Spirit teaches, otherwise, we are accountable for sustaining that which is not good.Juliet, if you say you have the spirit of discernment, this should not be a hard thing for you to know.
IF you don't know, then you aren't doing your part to actually enjoy this gift. You need to do the things that are required to have the spirit--keep the commandments, pray regularly, read the scriptures regularly, repent of your sins and humble yourself. Let Heavenly Father teach you what you lack.
If you do these things, you'll have no trouble knowing who the true messengers from God are and who the charlatans and deceived are.
The plain fact is that relying on fasting, prayer, faith and priesthood power is hard. It takes spiritual energy, it takes repentance, turning to the Lord to use the atonement (this is a BIG part of healing from abuse and trauma) and humility and turning outward to serve and care for others as we pray for healing for ourselves--as the Savior showed us. It also takes time--something that most people simply cannot or will not put up with--they want results now, they do not want to 'wait upon the Lord' or submit to him and his will and timeline, developing patience in suffering, for when we are healed.
People want quick fixes, they want things now and some of these things like Energy healing offer that. But, IMO, an LDS believer should recognize that God's power is found for us through Priesthood power, not worldly imitations such as crystals, seances, energy healing, blessed handkerchiefs and most obvious to avoid-- people who claim to use God's power to heal, but charge money for it.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

AI2.0 wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 10:18 am My responses in blue;
Juliet wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 1:36 pm

Thank you again for your response. I was being a little facetious. I have read 1 small book on energy healing. After I read it, when I went to bed, I said to myself, "I have the faith to be healed in 2 hours." Exactly 2 hours later, (I had a headache and neck pain), an energy, like a small jolt of electricity shot into my neck, aligned it, and I was completely better. That is the extend of my experience with energy healing. What I have a lot experience with, is emotional healing; which has to do with softening the heart that has been hardened by abuse and trauma and can hold devils in it. It seems Julie Rowe's work is along these lines.Juliet, the problem I see is that these other forms of healing are set up in competition with our ordained Priesthood holders. If you read a book on energy healing and then you have what you feel is a miraculous healing, why would you ask a priesthood holder for a blessing? You won't, because you've found another method to bring healing. For those who say that Priesthood blessings don't or haven't worked for them, the question they should ask themselves is 'why?'. There are diverse spirits in the world and you can tap into them or you can limit yourself to what you know, through your faith in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, is a better way. Julie Rowe's work is based on Emotion Code, which is a form of 'christ centered' energy healing and is exactly what members were cautioned against. I feel that this warning should be taken seriously. If someone knows that church leaders have warned against this, it is foolhardy to look into it or try it out--that is, if you have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Gospel and believe the church is guided by men called of God. If you don't believe that, then you very well might turn to other imitations and diverse spirits which are out there....

Jesus also said that if a tree brings forth good fruit, than it is a good tree.Jesus never would have condoned what the guy was doing if he'd been charging for it, if he'd been charging Jesus would have clearly shown he was NOT one of them--see how Peter reacted when Simon Magus tried to buy priesthood power. And how did Jesus react to those who were selling in the temple? He reacted violently, twice. He was offended by their actions.

What worries me, is council from the authorities, that is designed to stop people from looking and receiving answers, in exchange for looking to a higher man authority to control us. That is something a wolf in sheep's clothing will do.Their counsel is from the Lord. In essence,
they are telling you 'don't let go of the iron rod--don't go wandering off into strange paths because if you do, you are going to get lost--spiritually. There are countless examples of people who've done this and the consequences are devastating. If you think our Prophets and leaders are 'wolves in sheep's clothing', your problem is you don't have a testimony of their divine callings. If you believe the church is true, but don't trust the leaders, you need to fix that--but it will take hard spiritual work for gain that testimony, if you have the desire...or you can take the easy way and follow the world and the quick fixes it offers as cheap imitations.

I strongly believe our church is the high church of God,You lack faith, has anyone told you that? You know what you need to work on,
if you want to gain a testimony, but as I said, it's really hard work, spiritually and most of the world are not interested in the sacrifices required to develop this faith.
but I also sustain the authorities as they align with what the Holy Spirit teaches, otherwise, we are accountable for sustaining that which is not good.Juliet, if you say you have the spirit of discernment, this should not be a hard thing for you to know.
IF you don't know, then you aren't doing your part to actually enjoy this gift. You need to do the things that are required to have the spirit--keep the commandments, pray regularly, read the scriptures regularly, repent of your sins and humble yourself. Let Heavenly Father teach you what you lack.
If you do these things, you'll have no trouble knowing who the true messengers from God are and who the charlatans and deceived are.
The plain fact is that relying on fasting, prayer, faith and priesthood power is hard. It takes spiritual energy, it takes repentance, turning to the Lord to use the atonement (this is a BIG part of healing from abuse and trauma) and humility and turning outward to serve and care for others as we pray for healing for ourselves--as the Savior showed us. It also takes time--something that most people simply cannot or will not put up with--they want results now, they do not want to 'wait upon the Lord' or submit to him and his will and timeline, developing patience in suffering, for when we are healed.
People want quick fixes, they want things now and some of these things like Energy healing offer that. But, IMO, an LDS believer should recognize that God's power is found for us through Priesthood power, not worldly imitations such as crystals, seances, energy healing, blessed handkerchiefs and most obvious to avoid-- people who claim to use God's power to heal, but charge money for it.

Amen!

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

What kind of therapist is she? You need to ask yourself what knowledge she is using? If she has no formal knowledge, then what power is she using? if she uses the gift of tongues to cast demons out of you, I'd be very wary of the power she's tapping into. Satan can imitate the gift of tongues very easily, Joseph Smith Jr. warned of this in the early days of the church. The saints were warned of this;

D&C 50

"Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits, which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world. And also Satan hath sought to deceive you, that he might over throw you. ..

Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question--unto what were ye ordained?
To preach my gospel by the spirit, even the comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth.
And then received ye spirits which ye could not understand, and received them to be of God; and in this are ye justified?"

Are we justified in following after and accepting diverse spirits and thinking they are of god? No, we aren't, if we have the spirit to discern--which we must develop. The Lord warned in that same section; 'if it be by some other way it is not of God.'

Personally, I'd be very wary of following after these 'other ways' and instead, since you have the blessings of the Gospel and higher knowledge-- look to the ways of the Lord for healing in your life.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Summerwind wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 8:28 am
Juliet wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 1:36 pm What worries me, is council from the authorities, that is designed to stop people from looking and receiving answers, in exchange for looking to a higher man authority to control us. That is something a wolf in sheep's clothing will do.

The counsel is designed to keep people from being deceived by anyone who claims to have the ability to heal and either does not and is perpetrating a ruse, or is using satanic power to heal which harms more than it heals. The very fact that you see the leadership of the church as wolves in sheep's clothing is very telling. I see this a lot among Julie's followers. They tend to follow HER counsel without even batting an eye and start to ignore the apostles and prophets of the Lord.
Well, the wolves in sheep clothing argument comes from the Doctrine and Covenants and the scriptures. And also, I know people who have temple recommends (my parents) who are abusing and murdering children in their basement in their satanic coven. So I know what I am talking about from first hand experience. I am not a Julie Rowe follower, but I do believe in truth. Jesus said His burden is easy and light. Light can be found all around us. You know something is satanic because it causes death, pain, hardship, and burdens. Jesus took about a few seconds to lay hands on people and heal them. He also said that we would do greater things than Him. So, when we look at one thing the general authorities say, we need to put that in perspective with what Jesus says and what the Holy Spirit says. We can argue a lot, but only the Holy Spirit can be the testator, because otherwise, we are like other churches, that argue on every little point of doctrine. If we all are in tune with the correct spirit, we won't need to have disputations. I am not saying I am right or have all the answers, I just worry when some quote puts us out of or ability to use the Holy Spirit to guide us in our own perceptions of right and wrong. We are supposed to gain our own witness of right and wrong and truth and non-truth. I am grateful for priesthood power. In fact, in everything I do I have asked my husband for blessings and followed their counsel as I continue to seek out those with gifts who can help me.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

[/quote]The plain fact is that relying on fasting, prayer, faith and priesthood power is hard. It takes spiritual energy, it takes repentance, turning to the Lord to use the atonement (this is a BIG part of healing from abuse and trauma) and humility and turning outward to serve and care for others as we pray for healing for ourselves--as the Savior showed us. It also takes time--something that most people simply cannot or will not put up with--they want results now, they do not want to 'wait upon the Lord' or submit to him and his will and timeline, developing patience in suffering, for when we are healed.

[/quote]

Why must we suffer? Jesus said His burden is easy and light. So, I cannot agree that faith, prayer, fasting, and all that is hard. What is hard is wickedness and refusing to repent, that is what is really hard. What is really really hard, is to be open minded when you are convinced that you have all the answers. How can you receive more light and truth, when you are for certain you have all their is? I predict that light healing will go mainstream in science and technology. It already is; so, I don't think that we have to put ourselves in a box and say we have the priesthood so now all is well in zion. We can continue to learn, grow, and receive revelation on many matters. We live in a telestial world. My vision is to live in a higher realm. Do I have to wait for the church before I receive my own gift of translation from the Lord? The whole point of the church is to bring us to Christ so we can receive all that the Father has, that would mean all of His gifts. And while we live in a telestial world, a small fee for healing gifts is not extortion.

Thank you for the dialogue. I can respect your views, but am not persuaded that I must stop what I am learning for the soul reason that it must be satanic because supposedly what a quote says is exactly meaning 'emotional healing' when there is no direct tie to that in the wording of the quote.

Gage
captain of 100

Post by Gage »

The Holy Spirit isnt a pay to play thing Juliet. You are not as smart as you think you are. Some day you will have to answer for "seeking out those with gifts"

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Juliet wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 11:41 am Jesus took about a few seconds to lay hands on people and heal them.

True, and he never once asked to be paid money for it either.

He also said that we would do greater things than Him.

Where did he say that?

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

D&C 50 explains quite nicely what is at the root of all the false prophets and the EH:

1 Hearken, O ye elders of my church, and give ear to the voice of the living God; and attend to the words of wisdom which shall be given unto you, according as ye have asked and are agreed as touching the church, and the spirits which have gone abroad in the earth.

2 Behold, verily I say unto you, that there are many spirits which are false spirits, which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world.

3 And also Satan hath sought to deceive you, that he might overthrow you.

4 Behold, I, the Lord, have looked upon you, and have seen abominations in the church that profess my name.

5 But blessed are they who are faithful and endure, whether in life or in death, for they shall inherit eternal life.

6 But wo unto them that are deceivers and hypocrites, for, thus saith the Lord, I will bring them to judgment.

7 Behold, verily I say unto you, there are hypocrites among you, who have deceived some, which has given the adversary power; but behold such shall be reclaimed;

8 But the hypocrites shall be detected and shall be cut off, either in life or in death, even as I will; and wo unto them who are cut off from my church, for the same are overcome of the world.

9 Wherefore, let every man beware lest he do that which is not in truth and righteousness before me.

10 And now come, saith the Lord, by the Spirit, unto the elders of his church, and let us reason together, that ye may understand;

11 Let us reason even as a man reasoneth one with another face to face.

12 Now, when a man reasoneth he is understood of man, because he reasoneth as a man; even so will I, the Lord, reason with you that you may understand.

13 Wherefore, I the Lord ask you this question—unto what were ye ordained?

14 To preach my gospel by the Spirit, even the Comforter which was sent forth to teach the truth.

15 And then received ye spirits which ye could not understand, and received them to be of God; and in this are ye justified?

16 Behold ye shall answer this question yourselves; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto you; he that is weak among you hereafter shall be made strong.

17 Verily I say unto you, he that is ordained of me and sent forth to preach the word of truth by the Comforter, in the Spirit of truth, doth he preach it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

18 And if it be by some other way it is not of God.

19 And again, he that receiveth the word of truth, doth he receive it by the Spirit of truth or some other way?

20 If it be some other way it is not of God.

21 Therefore, why is it that ye cannot understand and know, that he that receiveth the word by the Spirit of truth receiveth it as it is preached by the Spirit of truth?

22 Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together.

23 And that which doth not edify is not of God, and is darkness.

24 That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

25 And again, verily I say unto you, and I say it that you may know the truth, that you may chase darkness from among you;

26 He that is ordained of God and sent forth, the same is appointed to be the greatest, notwithstanding he is the least and the servant of all.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

You seriously think that the scriptural references to wolves in sheep's clothing are about the leadership of the church? That's deeply sad to hear. That's pretty much just plain apostate, which explains quite a bit here.

There are means of naturalistic healing, and then there is priestcraft. Knowing the difference is something that everyone with the Gift of Discernment should see right away.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

EmmaLee wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 11:59 am
Juliet wrote: May 23rd, 2017, 11:41 am Jesus took about a few seconds to lay hands on people and heal them.

True, and he never once asked to be paid money for it either.

He also said that we would do greater things than Him.

Where did he say that?
John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.