Rowe - Energy Sessions

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Rowe - Energy Sessions

Post by EmmaLee »

Got this email tonight. Looks like she's back doing her thang.

Starting Energy Sessions
by Julie Rowe

Hi, Friends,
I just wanted to let you know I am starting Energy Sessions for those who are interested. In an effort to help others heal, as well as a way to contribute to the Relief Fund, I am offering these energy sessions. If you or someone you know is interested in having an energy session, please email me at agreatertomorrow2014@gmail.com to discuss scheduling a session.
Proceeds will go to GTRF (The Greater Tomorrow Relief Fund).
Thanks,
Julie
Julie Rowe | May 18, 2017 at 2:27 am |

Chris
captain of 100

Re: Rowe - Energy Sessions

Post by Chris »

Your money is better spent at the Clinton Foundation

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

“We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” said church spokesman Eric Hawkins.

http://kutv.com/news/local/the-business ... gy-healing

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Rowe is also back to posting on AVOW, but only in the private section where you have to pay EXTRA to belong, and where no one dares refute her nonsense.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

Apparently you can buy anything in this world with cold hard cash--except integrity.

I just feel sad for those who can't discern who and what she and her ilk are :(
Last edited by DesertWonderer on May 18th, 2017, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

I've received 5 emails from her so far. Makes me wonder if she's entered another manic phase.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

EmmaLee wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:51 pm “We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” said church spokesman Eric Hawkins.

I think he was saying that directly about JR, but he didn't say her name.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

EmmaLee wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:45 pm Got this email tonight. Looks like she's back doing her thang.

Starting Energy Sessions
by Julie Rowe

Hi, Friends,
I just wanted to let you know I am starting Energy Sessions for those who are interested. In an effort to help others heal, as well as a way to contribute to the Relief Fund, I am offering these energy sessions. If you or someone you know is interested in having an energy session, please email me at agreatertomorrow2014@gmail.com to discuss scheduling a session.
Thanks,
Julie
Looks like nonprofit Priestcraft. How novel!

I'm guessing something must be imminent again. :-?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:53 pm Rowe is also back to posting on AVOW, but only in the private section where you have to pay EXTRA to belong, and where no one dares refute her nonsense.
So people pay for a subscription to AVOW and then they pay an additional fee to have access to another private area--the only place they can interact with Julie Rowe or read her posts. I bet she's getting a cut from the monies collected by AVOW for her participation, but to do it, she needed a 'safe' place where they have total control of the discussions and posters.

She's sure come a looooooong way from what she presented herself as in 2014 when she wrote her first book, she was so insistent that she needed to be bold and she didn't care about anyone or anything, she was going to 'give her message' to all, but now, well, I guess things are different-- she gives her healing services and her message to only those who pay for it.

Yes, people have to make a living, but the way she's doing it? This has to feel wrong to all but her hard core defenders and energy practitioners who already have rationalized their selling of 'christ centered healing'?

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Z2100 wrote: May 18th, 2017, 6:31 am
EmmaLee wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:51 pm “We urge Church members to be cautious about participating in any group that promises-in exchange for money-miraculous healings or that claims to have special methods for accessing healing power outside of properly ordained priesthood holders,” said church spokesman Eric Hawkins.

That could be, but if you watch the program that spurred the church spokesman speaking out, you'll see that there are many LDS members involved in selling 'christ centered healing' services. I think Julie Rowe is one of the most well-known, at least to us on LDSFF, but there are plenty of them around, even a couple on this forum who are quick to defend what they do.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

EmmaLee wrote: May 17th, 2017, 9:45 pm Got this email tonight. Looks like she's back doing her thang.

Starting Energy Sessions
by Julie Rowe

Hi, Friends,
Thanks,
Julie
What I find very interesting is that she is tying her services to her charity, rather than just doing her energy healing as the business it is for clients. I suppose it is like Bill and Hillary Clinton giving speeches as representatives of the 'Clinton Global initiative'--their private charity--it offers her more control of her money and allows her to not have to pay taxes she'd have to pay if the services were provided through a normal business. She can also make people believe that she's offering some kind of 'gift' and donating profits to refugees, but in truth, she's simply funneling money into a charity she controls and benefits from--just like the Clintons, but on a much much smaller scale. Some of these charities collect huge amounts of money, the owners put a fraction of the proceeds into their charitable work and the rest of the money is used by them to enjoy a life of ease and wealth and influence. I'm not saying that's what Julie Rowe is doing, but I am saying others do this and she could also, if she chooses to and her charity is successful.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

AI2.0 wrote: May 18th, 2017, 8:01 am
Z2100 wrote: May 18th, 2017, 6:31 am

That could be, but if you watch the program that spurred the church spokesman speaking out, you'll see that there are many LDS members involved in selling 'christ centered healing' services. I think Julie Rowe is one of the most well-known, at least to us on LDSFF, but there are plenty of them around, even a couple on this forum who are quick to defend what they do.

It is very sick. The scriptures talk EXACTLY about false prophets and the very elect being deceived. How long must these things go on? I felt sick as I read the article. There are BAD spirits. EVIL spirits that have deceived some of the saints. There is more to come...

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

AI2.0 wrote: May 18th, 2017, 8:09 am

Starting Energy Sessions
by Julie Rowe

Hi, Friends,
Thanks,
Julie
What I find very interesting is that she is tying her services to her charity, rather than just doing her energy healing as the business it is for clients. I suppose it is like Bill and Hillary Clinton giving speeches as representatives of the 'Clinton Global initiative'--their private charity--it offers her more control of her money and allows her to not have to pay taxes she'd have to pay if the services were provided through a normal business. She can also make people believe that she's offering some kind of 'gift' and donating profits to refugees, but in truth, she's simply funneling money into a charity she controls and benefits from--just like the Clintons, but on a much much smaller scale. Some of these charities collect huge amounts of money, the owners put a fraction of the proceeds into their charitable work and the rest of the money is used by them to enjoy a life of ease and wealth and influence. I'm not saying that's what Julie Rowe is doing, but I am saying others do this and she could also, if she chooses to and her charity is successful.
Somehow, I doubt her charity is all that successful, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if she is finding her income from her book sales drying up. I find myself hoping that most people are beginning to pull their heads out of...the "clouds") and finally seeing her for the ridiculous charlatan that she is.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

capctr wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:23 pmSomehow, I doubt her charity is all that successful, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if she is finding her income from her book sales drying up. I find myself hoping that most people are beginning to pull their heads out of...the "clouds") and finally seeing her for the ridiculous charlatan that she is.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... =475354246

EIN 47-5354246
Name in IRS Master File GREATER TOMORROW RELIEF FUND
Street Address 113288 KING STREET
City, State, Zip OVERLAND PARK, KS 66210-0000
NTEE Code M20
NTEE Classification Disaster Preparedness and Relief Services
NTEE Type Public Safety, Disaster Preparedness and Relief
Classification Charitable Organization
Subsection 501(c)(3) (View the list of codes)
Activities
Foundation Status Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Affiliation Independent - the organization is an independent organization or an independent auxiliary (i.e., not affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of organizations).
Group Name [Not Applicable]
Ruling Date November, 2015
Asset Amount $3,473
Income Amount $5,100
Form 990 Revenue Amount $5,100
Latest Form 990 Return December, 2015
Filing Requirement 990 - Required to file Form 990-N - Income less than $50,000 per year
Fiscal Year End December
IRS Forms 990
(provided courtesy of Foundation Center) (Log In or Register Now to View Forms 990!)
December, 2015

capctr
captain of 100

Post by capctr »

Silver wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:30 pm
capctr wrote: May 18th, 2017, 3:23 pmSomehow, I doubt her charity is all that successful, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if she is finding her income from her book sales drying up. I find myself hoping that most people are beginning to pull their heads out of...the "clouds") and finally seeing her for the ridiculous charlatan that she is.
https://www.charitynavigator.org/index. ... =475354246

EIN 47-5354246
Name in IRS Master File GREATER TOMORROW RELIEF FUND
Street Address 113288 KING STREET
City, State, Zip OVERLAND PARK, KS 66210-0000
NTEE Code M20
NTEE Classification Disaster Preparedness and Relief Services
NTEE Type Public Safety, Disaster Preparedness and Relief
Classification Charitable Organization
Subsection 501(c)(3) (View the list of codes)
Activities
Foundation Status Organization which receives a substantial part of its support from a governmental unit or the general public 170(b)(1)(A)(vi)
Deductibility Contributions are deductible
Affiliation Independent - the organization is an independent organization or an independent auxiliary (i.e., not affiliated with a National, Regional, or Geographic grouping of organizations).
Group Name [Not Applicable]
Ruling Date November, 2015
Asset Amount $3,473
Income Amount $5,100
Form 990 Revenue Amount $5,100
Latest Form 990 Return December, 2015
Filing Requirement 990 - Required to file Form 990-N - Income less than $50,000 per year
Fiscal Year End December
IRS Forms 990
(provided courtesy of Foundation Center) (Log In or Register Now to View Forms 990!)
December, 2015
Based on this info, I'd have to say:"Yep, people are on to to Rowe these days". I imagine if she'd started this scam immediately after her first book, "rowebots" would've been thrilled to throw their money at her.

DesertWonderer
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer »

"rowebots" LOL That is priceless!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

capctr wrote: May 18th, 2017, 5:58 pmBased on this info, I'd have to say:"Yep, people are on to to Rowe these days". I imagine if she'd started this scam immediately after her first book, "rowebots" would've been thrilled to throw their money at her.
I've been waiting for the website to publish an update with 2016 info. I hope she gives it all up and gets some help.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

The very fact that she wants donations and money for this kind of thing puts her into the realm of priestcraft. The entire point is that any gift we have of healing (even if it's a true gift from the Lord) is not something we should be using to get gain. Doctor's use scientific knowledge and that's a bit different than claiming healing powers, and offering access to such through nefarious means. I'd be interested to know just how many of these healing session participants have actually felt benefits long term... because I'm rather doubting that this is a real thing. It's like dancing around and sprinkling sand on someone's head (only over the phone which is even weirder) and pronouncing them healed.

Z2100
captain of 100

Post by Z2100 »

Summerwind wrote: May 19th, 2017, 9:02 am The very fact that she wants donations and money for this kind of thing puts her into the realm of priestcraft. The entire point is that any gift we have of healing (even if it's a true gift from the Lord) is not something we should be using to get gain. Doctor's use scientific knowledge and that's a bit different than claiming healing powers, and offering access to such through nefarious means. I'd be interested to know just how many of these healing session participants have actually felt benefits long term... because I'm rather doubting that this is a real thing. It's like dancing around and sprinkling sand on someone's head (only over the phone which is even weirder) and pronouncing them healed.

You just summed it up. Well done :) :)

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Starting Energy Sessions
by Julie Rowe

Hi, Friends,
Thanks,
Julie
My issue with all of these things is that it always involves...money.

There is always an angle to get money. I doesn't sit well with me. Kinda like the "Time Out for Women" conferences or any of those types of things. It seems to be using people's faith and the gospel as a means to get money. I don't like that these types of things are being advertised as being about compassion and love and goodness and kindness and having spiritual experiences when it seems that its about money. How many individuals would be involved in such things or promote such things if they didn't get money?

I wish there was a place where people are good, loving, kind, and willing to help you but no strings attached. Just genuine, pure love. No money involved, no ulterior motives, no hidden agenda's, or anything of the sort. I like the idea of people being motivated by love and truth, only.

The closest place I've found that matches this description is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Even though it isn't perfect and there are some issues (like GA's being paid for their "service"), its still the closest thing to "no strings attached" service from others (lay members) that I've been involved in. I'm not saying that there aren't other places either, just saying that I'm glad to be associate with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

-Finrock
Last edited by Finrock on May 19th, 2017, 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

GA's aren't paid for any "service". They are giving means to live for giving up their source of income to accept a calling.

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Summerwind wrote: May 19th, 2017, 2:40 pm GA's aren't paid for any "service". They are giving means to live for giving up their source of income to accept a calling.
They are paid a salary. This is a fact.

-Finrock

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

Finrock wrote: May 19th, 2017, 2:42 pm
Summerwind wrote: May 19th, 2017, 2:40 pm GA's aren't paid for any "service". They are giving means to live for giving up their source of income to accept a calling.

-Finrock
Not exactly. It's a living stipend... not a salary.

In 1996,[8] the church altered some of the responsibilities given to General Authorities. Prior to this point in time, they also served on corporate boards of church-owned companies and for these positions they received a stipend. At that point in time, some of the financial information was disclosed, indicating that the stipend was in the neighborhood of $50,000.00 a year.

To give a sense of proper comparison, US Department of Labor statistics list the 1996 average salary of a civil engineer at $52,750, that of a computer programmer at $50,490, and that of the average junior college teacher at $49,200. Therefore, the living allowance, which provides for most of the normal day-to-day expenses of a full-time authority and his family (including house payments, personal transportation, food, clothing, entertainment, etc.), is in line with that of a professional employee. It is far lower than the large management salaries that might be expected for someone with the skills that these General Authorities must have and the responsibilities that they must shoulder.

https://www.fairmormon.org/answers/Morm ... ng_stipend

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Summerwind wrote: May 19th, 2017, 2:47 pm
Finrock wrote: May 19th, 2017, 2:42 pm

-Finrock
Not exactly. It's a living stipend... not a salary.

In 1996,[8] the church altered some of the responsibilities given to General Authorities. Prior to this point in time, they also served on corporate boards of church-owned companies and for these positions they received a stipend. At that point in time, some of the financial information was disclosed, indicating that the stipend was in the neighborhood of $50,000.00 a year.

To give a sense of proper comparison, US Department of Labor statistics list the 1996 average salary of a civil engineer at $52,750, that of a computer programmer at $50,490, and that of the average junior college teacher at $49,200. Therefore, the living allowance, which provides for most of the normal day-to-day expenses of a full-time authority and his family (including house payments, personal transportation, food, clothing, entertainment, etc.), is in line with that of a professional employee. It is far lower than the large management salaries that might be expected for someone with the skills that these General Authorities must have and the responsibilities that they must shoulder.

https://www.fairmormon.org/answers/Morm ... ng_stipend
Stipend, by definition, is a form of salary. You can look it up. I just went through this same discussion with another poster not too long ago. I'll see if I can find it so you can see the results of my research at the time. I know a "living stipend" sounds better, but its just another word for "salary". It's kinda like people saying that they are "Pro choice", when they mean pro abortion, which means they are pro terminating a human life before it is born. I'm just saying it like it is.

-Finrock

EDIT: P.S. More up-to-date data which has been confirmed shows that Apostles receive at least $120,000 a year, not including other perks such as living allowances, travel funds, etc.

Summerwind
captain of 100

Post by Summerwind »

So basically because the church provides a means of the GA's being able to give up their professions so they can serve members of the church instead (while taking a massive pay cut for most of them), this upsets you enough that you don't qualify what they do as service? Mmmkay....

Alright then... moving onward...

At least GA's aren't practicing priestcraft and deluding people into donating money to a charity that isn't really doing much but supporting it's founder, selling dubious books, and "healing" people over the phone...