Notes on "Ezra's Eagle" Prophecy

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Still Learning
captain of 100

Re: Notes on "Ezra's Eagle" Prophecy

Post by Still Learning »

Talon65 wrote: May 14th, 2017, 6:25 pm It was very interesting. the only problem I have was that the interpretation comes from the Apocrypha...
I felt that way as well, however I found it very interesting that the Official Church website says that 2nd Esdras, where this prophecy is found is of "special value"
https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bd/apocrypha - that did serve to ease my mind on its validity - still, let the Spirit guide you...[/quote]

It doesn't specify that 2nd Esdras is very valuable. This is what it says:
They are valuable as forming a link connecting the Old and New Testaments and are regarded in the Church as useful reading, although not all the books are of equal value.
Referring to all the books of the Apocrypha.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

I'm grateful this thread was started as I've wanted to start one for some time but haven't had the time to run through the prophecy with a fine comb. The breaking news today that the FBI is raiding Trump's former campaign chair's home smells super fishy to me. This is the same FBI that said Hillary was "extremely careless" with her overtly illegal email server.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 1b76014f8d

I've said often the gadiantons won't sit still for Trump - I also made the prediction early on that they would say Russia hacked the election and would even fabricate evidence--sadly I can't find the post though I may have just made this verbally to which my wife can attest. Anyway, this news story certainly supports several interpretations of Trump being excised from office early.

MarkBR
Hi, I'm new.

Post by MarkBR »

brianj wrote: August 8th, 2017, 9:38 pm
MarkBR wrote: August 7th, 2017, 10:26 pm
brianj wrote: August 7th, 2017, 9:43 pm The problem I have with this vision from 2 Esdras is with the popular interpretation of chapter 11, verses 16-17. People claim that this refers to Franklin Delano Roosevelt but don't pay close attention to verse 17:
There shall none after thee attain unto thy time, neither unto the half thereof.
FDR served as President from March 4, 1933 to April 12, 1945. That is 12 years, 40 days. If any subsequent President were to serve for six years, 20 days, they would have attained half the time of FDR's presidency. If Harry Truman served 7 years, 9 months, 8 days then he would have exceeded half of FDR's Presidency. If Dwight Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, or Barry Obama served eight years each then all of them exceeded half of FDR's presidency.

I have yet to have anybody satisfactorily explain how six Presidents could serve more than six years and a month without exceeding half of FDR's time in office, thereby showing that they were the Presidents in question.
Think of it this way, Christ said that he would be in the earth for 3 days. By your line of thinking Christ would have needed to be in the grave for 72 hours for this prophecy to be fulfilled because there is 24 hours in a day. However, the scriptures say that He was entombed right before Sunset on Friday and that He rose first thing Sunday morning. He was therefore likely in the tomb for closer to 24 hours and 72, but those hours but those hours bridged 3 days - thus fulfilling the prophesy. FDR was elected to 4 terms and the constitution was subsequently modified to limit future presidents from serving more than 2 terms going forward. The concept is very similar.
This doesn't quite work for me. It has been explained to me that, at the time of the Savior's mortal life, a portion of a day was considered a day. If someone left the house before sunset and returned after, they could be described as being gone for two days. Therefore Jesus could have been dead for 30 hours and, the way the Jews considered it, He was dead for three days.

But I don't see how a President serving nearly two thirds of FDR's term of service could be said to have not attained the half of FDR's time in office.
I'll say it another way then, just like the units of the prophesy regarding Christ's death were days, not hours, the units of measure for Ezra's prophecy are presidential terms, not years. Just like in physics, if you try to calculate a formula with mismatched units the solution does not make sense. FDR is the only President with four terms, no other president has served more than two term nor can they by law. Using these units it works surprisingly so. I hope that this prophecy is wrong, but I would not through it out because of this, it fits too well, both with the pattern of the Book of Mormon, and with the recent election and corresponding political environment. Can all of these things really just be a bizarre coincidence? I hope so, but I don't think so...

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

MarkBR wrote: August 9th, 2017, 6:44 pmI'll say it another way then, just like the units of the prophesy regarding Christ's death were days, not hours, the units of measure for Ezra's prophecy are presidential terms, not years. Just like in physics, if you try to calculate a formula with mismatched units the solution does not make sense. FDR is the only President with four terms, no other president has served more than two term nor can they by law. Using these units it works surprisingly so. I hope that this prophecy is wrong, but I would not through it out because of this, it fits too well, both with the pattern of the Book of Mormon, and with the recent election and corresponding political environment. Can all of these things really just be a bizarre coincidence? I hope so, but I don't think so...
Thank you for trying Mark, but it wasn't sufficient. And welcome to the forum.

The prophecy in 2 Esdras says that none of the subsequent feathers would attain "unto the half" of the time of the big leader. If FDR had been elected to five terms then the current two term limit would prevent someone from attaining half the time of FDR, but he was elected to four terms so every President elected to two terms attains half the reign of FDR.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

brianj wrote: August 9th, 2017, 9:38 pm
MarkBR wrote: August 9th, 2017, 6:44 pmI'll say it another way then, just like the units of the prophesy regarding Christ's death were days, not hours, the units of measure for Ezra's prophecy are presidential terms, not years. Just like in physics, if you try to calculate a formula with mismatched units the solution does not make sense. FDR is the only President with four terms, no other president has served more than two term nor can they by law. Using these units it works surprisingly so. I hope that this prophecy is wrong, but I would not through it out because of this, it fits too well, both with the pattern of the Book of Mormon, and with the recent election and corresponding political environment. Can all of these things really just be a bizarre coincidence? I hope so, but I don't think so...

The prophecy in 2 Esdras says that none of the subsequent feathers would attain "unto the half" of the time of the big leader. If FDR had been elected to five terms then the current two term limit would prevent someone from attaining half the time of FDR, but he was elected to four terms so every President elected to two terms attains half the reign of FDR.
To be that critical of the words "unto the half" you would have to be able to read the original text, not the translation. Then you would also want to see if it was part of the dead sea scrolls to see if it matched. I'm guessing that would be Hebrew. This is why we believe the BOM is the most correct book on the earth today, but you already know that :).

Also, if one was that critical of a prophecy one would deem D&C 87, the civil war prophecy as false.
Last edited by Bronco73idi on August 9th, 2017, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I was thinking of the eagle prophecy last week and it dawned on me that most everyone who talks about the trump 3rd short feather would think he will serve under 3 years and over 2 years then pence 4th feather would be less then the 3rd.

It dawn on me that wouldn't fit JFK or Nixon. The VP that took over for them never got a feather. So the only way Pence can be the 4th feather is if he is voted into office in 2020

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 9th, 2017, 10:45 pm To be that critical of the words "unto the half" you would have to be able to read the original text, not the translation. Then you would also want to see if it was part of the dead sea scrolls to see if it matched. I'm guessing that would be Hebrew. This is why we believe the BOM is the most correct book on the earth today, but you already know that :).

Also, if one was that critical of a prophecy one would deem D&C 87, the civil war prophecy as false.
I don't know where you came up with that interpretation of my words, but let me be explicit:

I am not criticizing this prophecy or any other prophecy. I am criticizing an interpretation of that prophecy.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

brianj wrote: August 10th, 2017, 7:36 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: August 9th, 2017, 10:45 pm To be that critical of the words "unto the half" you would have to be able to read the original text, not the translation. Then you would also want to see if it was part of the dead sea scrolls to see if it matched. I'm guessing that would be Hebrew. This is why we believe the BOM is the most correct book on the earth today, but you already know that :).

I don't know where you came up with that interpretation of my words, but let me be explicit:

I am not criticizing this prophecy or any other prophecy. I am criticizing an interpretation of that prophecy.
I understand you are not criticizing the actual prophecy but the interpretation, that is why I edited it and added the note about D&C 87.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 9th, 2017, 10:45 pm

To be that critical of the words "unto the half" you would have to be able to read the original text, not the translation. Then you would also want to see if it was part of the dead sea scrolls to see if it matched. I'm guessing that would be Hebrew. This is why we believe the BOM is the most correct book on the earth today, but you already know that :).

It is only the "introduction" that is misleading in D&C 87 (civil war prophesy). The prophesy is stunningly accurate and is yet to be fulfilled. The slaves will rise against their masters has not happened yet but soon (not what happened during the civil war - it was a war of secession).

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

LdsMarco wrote: August 7th, 2017, 8:22 pm Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is another LDS guy who wrote a book about it
thanks for bringing this book to my attention - I ordered it & will post about it at a later date...

dafty
captain of 100

Post by dafty »

Talon65 wrote: August 14th, 2017, 9:01 am
LdsMarco wrote: August 7th, 2017, 8:22 pm Not sure if anyone has seen this but here is another LDS guy who wrote a book about it
thanks for bringing this book to my attention - I ordered it & will post about it at a later date...
I also purchased it and personally didnt find it very enlightening since it mostly repeats what the author of 10losttribes blog already stated. Having said that, however, I am looking forward to ur future comments. thanx

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Hogmeister wrote: August 14th, 2017, 7:34 am

It is only the "introduction" that is misleading in D&C 87 (civil war prophesy). The prophesy is stunningly accurate and is yet to be fulfilled. The slaves will rise against their masters has not happened yet but soon (not what happened during the civil war - it was a war of secession).
So they are still slaves? Will the white slave trade of North Africa ever get the same restitution or acknowledgement as the black slave trade of the US did?

Joseph Smith made 2 civil war prophecy's, don't mix the 2 please, they were very distinct of each other.

From google "Volunteers began to respond, and in May 1863 the Government established the Bureau of Colored Troops to manage the burgeoning numbers of black soldiers. By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy."

You can say that part of the prophecy is fulfilled, was it fulfilled as precise as the words Joseph Smith said? My point was about words of a prophecy, more then the actual prophecy.

Hogmeister
captain of 100

Post by Hogmeister »

Bronco73idi wrote: August 15th, 2017, 10:49 pm
Hogmeister wrote: August 14th, 2017, 7:34 am

So they are still slaves? Will the white slave trade of North Africa ever get the same restitution or acknowledgement as the black slave trade of the US did?

Joseph Smith made 2 civil war prophecy's, don't mix the 2 please, they were very distinct of each other.

From google "Volunteers began to respond, and in May 1863 the Government established the Bureau of Colored Troops to manage the burgeoning numbers of black soldiers. By the end of the Civil War, roughly 179,000 black men (10% of the Union Army) served as soldiers in the U.S. Army and another 19,000 served in the Navy."

You can say that part of the prophecy is fulfilled, was it fulfilled as precise as the words Joseph Smith said? My point was about words of a prophecy, more then the actual prophecy.
The slaves rising against their masters happens "many days" after WW2 (read the prophesy carefully). The civil war of the 19th century was not slaves rising against their masters. It was the US president and northern states marching against the south for intending to leave the union.

We are all living in temporal and spiritual bondage to our Masters/Babylon/latter day Egypt(the elites, bankers, politicians and the deep state) although most fail to recognize it.

MarkBR
Hi, I'm new.

Post by MarkBR »

For those of you interested in the topic of this thread, particularly pertaining to the events described in Ezra's Eagle, this article is fascinating - particularly that actual letter which is embedded in the article. It is hard to read stuff like this and discount Ezra's Eagle. Can all of this really just be some crazy coincidence? Regardless of what you believe, its best to take some measures to be prepared for the eventuality.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/10/her ... p-the-nsc/

MarkBR
Hi, I'm new.

Post by MarkBR »

There is a new blog post by the author of Ezra's Eagle that compare this prophecy to the events from Hellman and 3rd Nephi leading up to the collapse of the Nephite government that is fascinating. If you have not read it I recommend doing so. You have access it here. http://thelost10tribes.com/?p=962

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

MarkBR wrote: August 27th, 2017, 8:53 pm There is a new blog post by the author of Ezra's Eagle that compare this prophecy to the events from Hellman and 3rd Nephi leading up to the collapse of the Nephite government that is fascinating. If you have not read it I recommend doing so. You have access it here. http://thelost10tribes.com/?p=962
Thank you for posting this follow up. I loved Ezra's Eagle when I read it last year. SPOT ON, in my humble opinion. Time will tell, but I think he is right to say there are to many coincidences. Watch and be prepared folks. :|

Hold2Rod
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Hold2Rod »

If you don't believe that the vision given to Ezra has anything to do with our day....jump forward to the 12th chapter of 2nd Ezra, verse 15 and on, find out what the Angel told him was the interpretation of the Vision. We sometimes get hung up on minutia when the Lord is trying to help us see the "Big Picture". The Deep State will take out the POTUS and then much aligning will happen.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

FYI the website for "The Lost 10 tribes" by Michael Rush, "has expired" and it can't be reached anymore. To bad so sad. :( Now rather than access it for free on-line I might have to buy the book. :p

Hold2Rod
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Hold2Rod »

kittycat51 -- The site, "The Lost 10 Tribes by Michael Rush", was down temporarily but is back up now. Too much minutia I guess...

Hold2Rod
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Hold2Rod »

And if one would doubt that the prophecies of 2nd Ezra and Ezra's Eagle then please follow the lead of the Author of "A Remnant Shall Return, A Latter-Day Study of the Restoration of The Lost Ten Tribes" by reading Helaman (yes the whole book, 16 Chapters) and the first 7 chapters of 3rd Nephi. There is much to the prophecies the Lord has given to us -- we just need to understand them. I think the author is spot on in so many ways it's refreshing.
I think the power of the Book I quoted above are the chapters that go beyond the first 2 and 3 chapters and cover so much more to the scriptures and the causes of what is coming, the rest of the book is what I mean. I think it's a refreshing thing to understand the chapters not published yet and they too are spot on.....but too much for most to handle. Hopefully we can all come to a unity of the faith --

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Hi Marco,

Yes, I did write a book that included the information about the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy.

That prophecy changed my life. I was able to see many other connections in the scriptures that I had not seen before.

However, it is just one prophecy of about 50 recorded in the book: The "Last Days" Timeline.

I've always believed that God would show bits and pieces of prophecy to different prophets through dreams, visions, and open communication.
If only there was a way to match them up and put them in order.

Hundreds of Christians for 1000s of years have attempted it with the Bible alone.
But only with the Latter-Day Saint cannon of scriptural works can we get a much clearer picture. (Nephi particularly and Jesus in 3rd Nephi)

When you look at these Book of Mormon prophetic writings, along with the Bible, clarification and meaning come to the fore.
And when 2 chapters of the old King James Version of the Apocrypha (Ezra's Eagle) are added to Daniel Chap 7, magic happens.

And you can pinpoint where we are in the history of the world, as compared with what is to come with the various "beasts".

All the clouded definitions come to light. Including prophecy for 2017 in our current situation in the United States of America.

So, The "Last Days" Timeline was written to shine light on all of prophetic scripture and connect Ezra to Daniel to Nephi to Isaiah to Joseph Smith to Jesus in 3rd Nephi to Ezekiel to John the Revelator. ALL of it.

Remember, this is a collaborative work. So, my own opinion means nothing. I am interested in having many other people review the research and see what they think and how it all fits together. I wrote the book for my children so they would know what the future holds. It is a lifelong work. I plan on updating the material when new information comes into view. And when key events come to pass.

I'll be in the LDS Freedom Forum. So, feel free to pick my brain, I'll answer in the best way humanly possible. Or you can shoot me an email on the website. God bless.

Talon65
captain of 10

Post by Talon65 »

James-T-Prout wrote: September 12th, 2017, 10:41 pm Hi Marco,

Yes, I did write a book that included the information about the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy.

That prophecy changed my life. I was able to see many other connections in the scriptures that I had not seen before.

However, it is just one prophecy of about 50 recorded in the book: The "Last Days" Timeline.

I've always believed that God would show bits and pieces of prophecy to different prophets through dreams, visions, and open communication.
If only there was a way to match them up and put them in order.

Hundreds of Christians for 1000s of years have attempted it with the Bible alone.
But only with the Latter-Day Saint cannon of scriptural works can we get a much clearer picture. (Nephi particularly and Jesus in 3rd Nephi)

When you look at these Book of Mormon prophetic writings, along with the Bible, clarification and meaning come to the fore.
And when 2 chapters of the old King James Version of the Apocrypha (Ezra's Eagle) are added to Daniel Chap 7, magic happens.

And you can pinpoint where we are in the history of the world, as compared with what is to come with the various "beasts".

All the clouded definitions come to light. Including prophecy for 2017 in our current situation in the United States of America.

So, The "Last Days" Timeline was written to shine light on all of prophetic scripture and connect Ezra to Daniel to Nephi to Isaiah to Joseph Smith to Jesus in 3rd Nephi to Ezekiel to John the Revelator. ALL of it.

Remember, this is a collaborative work. So, my own opinion means nothing. I am interested in having many other people review the research and see what they think and how it all fits together. I wrote the book for my children so they would know what the future holds. It is a lifelong work. I plan on updating the material when new information comes into view. And when key events come to pass.

I'll be in the LDS Freedom Forum. So, feel free to pick my brain, I'll answer in the best way humanly possible. Or you can shoot me an email on the website. God bless.
I just ordered my copy - looking forward to reading it very much!

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Recently, I found some more material sitting within the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy that I had not seen before.

I have spent months studying this prophecy of Ezra's in 2nd Esdras Chapters 11 and 12.

Free Online here: https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/2- ... hapter-11/

And yet, there is still more to get out of it.

A reader emailed into me and asked a simple question:
"How many prophecies are fulfilled between The Eagle Kingdom and The United States of America?"
I would have guessed about 5-8 in the early part of Ezra's Eagle.

I was way low.

There were over 18 specific internal prophecy fulfillments. That was a bunch.

I wrote them as an up-date-able tool on our website. So that when more of the prophecy is fulfilled the upgrade will be automatic.

The tool looks like this:

The tool is available here:
https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/ezras- ... lfillments

If you know about Ezra's Eagle, this Tool is a must-have.

Also, this tool will help the people who know about Ezra's Eagle but are waiting for Donald Trump to not finish his term of office...before they will believe.

I was one of those people when I first heard of this prophecy. This was my thought pattern:
1. Why not just wait until Donald Trump doesn't finish or is taken out?
2. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to calculate that Trump is in trouble.
3. I'll wait until Mike Pence is taken out. Then I'll believe.
4. By then, it may be too late to prepare for the near future. The next 2 feathers are "eaten at the same time".
5. There must be some more internal evidence of this prophecy that can convince me I need to take action.

This tool for the early prophecy fulfillments of the Eagle Kingdom upon the United States of America helps short circuit that thought pattern.

I wish I would have had this, when I first learned of Ezra's Eagle.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

James-T-Prout wrote: October 5th, 2017, 3:09 pm Recently, I found some more material sitting within the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy that I had not seen before.

I have spent months studying this prophecy of Ezra's in 2nd Esdras Chapters 11 and 12.

Free Online here: https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/2- ... hapter-11/

And yet, there is still more to get out of it.

A reader emailed into me and asked a simple question:
"How many prophecies are fulfilled between The Eagle Kingdom and The United States of America?"
I would have guessed about 5-8 in the early part of Ezra's Eagle.

I was way low.

There were over 18 specific internal prophecy fulfillments. That was a bunch.

I wrote them as an up-date-able tool on our website. So that when more of the prophecy is fulfilled the upgrade will be automatic.

The tool looks like this:

The tool is available here:
https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/ezras- ... lfillments

If you know about Ezra's Eagle, this Tool is a must-have.

Also, this tool will help the people who know about Ezra's Eagle but are waiting for Donald Trump to not finish his term of office...before they will believe.

I was one of those people when I first heard of this prophecy. This was my thought pattern:
1. Why not just wait until Donald Trump doesn't finish or is taken out?
2. It doesn't take a rocket-scientist to calculate that Trump is in trouble.
3. I'll wait until Mike Pence is taken out. Then I'll believe.
4. By then, it may be too late to prepare for the near future. The next 2 feathers are "eaten at the same time".
5. There must be some more internal evidence of this prophecy that can convince me I need to take action.

This tool for the early prophecy fulfillments of the Eagle Kingdom upon the United States of America helps short circuit that thought pattern.

I wish I would have had this, when I first learned of Ezra's Eagle.
Thank you brother Prout for your hard work. I look forward to digging in should time ever permit. I have to say given how the gadianton-owned media and the left are in a constant, exhausting anti-trump frenzy, and are openly threatening impeachment and worse, it's not difficult to foresee things ending for Trump prematurely whether by pen or by sword.

James-T-Prout
captain of 50

Post by James-T-Prout »

Hi Alaris,

Yeah. That is a good observation.

Over my lifetime, I have never seen the media attack a sitting US President like this. Think of how the opposing Party and privately owned media attacked Ronald Regan.

They attacked him, but not in a way that called for near open resistance to the authority of the office.

I remember the media attacking the genius of vice presidents. Like George HW Bush's vp Dan Quale.

If we had read the Ezra's Eagle prophecy in 1985, and had all the details understood, we would know we would have 5 more feathers until the fireworks begin.

Unfortunately, we are reading and discovering the Ezra's Eagle prophecy in 2017. Which is right before the show starts.

However, it does tell us something about the current president, if the prophecy is applied backward.

You see, going into the Nov 2016 elections, with only 2 real choices, there were a lot of Republicans, Independents and even some Democrats that pulled the lever for Donald J. Trump in full knowledge that he wasn't a very moral man. (ie. the video of the lude talking about women).

But, if we as a people, would have read and understood the details of this Ezra's Eagle prophecy early, we could have known what type of leader he would be. (ie. a leader that does things his own way and that doesn't follow the prevailing agenda of the sleeping 3 Eagle heads.)

And that alone is a good thing.