Some very apparent signs of the Second Coming...

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Some very apparent signs of the Second Coming...

Post by friendsofthe »

New blog: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/but-the- ... n-knoweth/

How far in advance will the elect know the time of the Second Advent?

Let me know what you think... :)
Last edited by friendsofthe on May 22nd, 2017, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Re: Some very apparent sings of the Second Coming...

Post by simpleton »

Moses 7

59 And Enoch beheld the Son of Man ascend up unto the Father; and he called unto the Lord, saying: Wilt thou not come again upon the earth? Forasmuch as thou art God, and I know thee, and thou hast sworn unto me, and commanded me that I should ask in the name of thine Only Begotten; thou hast made me, and given unto me a right to thy throne, and not of myself, but through thine own grace; wherefore, I ask thee if thou wilt not come again on the earth.

60 And the Lord said unto Enoch: As I live, even so will I come in the last days, in the days of wickedness and vengeance, to fulfil the oath which I have made unto you concerning the children of Noah;

61 And the day shall come that the earth shall rest, but before that day the heavens shall be darkened, and a veil of darkness shall cover the earth; and the heavens shall shake, and also the earth; and great tribulations shall be among the children of men, but my people will I preserve;

62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.

63 And the Lord said unto Enoch: Then shalt thou and all thy city meet them there, and we will receive them into our bosom, and they shall see us; and we will fall upon their necks, and they shall fall upon our necks, and we will kiss each other;

64 And there shall be mine abode, and it shall be Zion, which shall come forth out of all the creations which I have made; and for the space of a thousand years the earth shall rest.

65 And it came to pass that Enoch saw the day of the coming of the Son of Man, in the last days, to dwell on the earth in righteousness for the space of a thousand years;

66 But before that day he saw great tribulations among the wicked; and he also saw the sea, that it was troubled, and men’s hearts failing them, looking forth with fear for the judgments of the Almighty God, which should come upon the wicked.

67 And the Lord showed Enoch all things, even unto the end of the world; and he saw the day of the righteous, the hour of their redemption, and received a fulness of joy....

Verse 62 says that, that holy city (Zion, the new Jerusalem) will be built and after it is built His people will be looking forward to His coming ....

So there is a "timeline" if you will, that His coming will not be until after that city is built, the New Jerusalem, Zion, and His people living there looking "forward" to His coming, then He says to Enoch that "then" we will go down and meet them there...

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Simpleton wrote:

So there is a "timeline" if you will, that His coming will not be until after that city is built, the New Jerusalem, Zion, and His people living there looking "forward" to His coming, then He says to Enoch that "then" we will go down and meet them there...
Thanks for you’re input… :)
In a comment upon this subject made by Joseph Smith he cross referenced verse 62 with Rev. 21:3 which speaks of “the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven”.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Verse 62 does not use the term build or built but rather “a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City”… Verse 62 does say “that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming” but we need to keep in mind that the Lord’s Second Coming is made up of multiple appearances as taught by Ezra Taft Benson.

I personally believe that “the time of my coming” referred to here will be when he appears to the nations assembled at the time of the battle of Armageddon.

You can find Joseph Smith’s commentary on Moses 7:62 here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-i-jo ... of-heaven/

I appreciate your thought provoking comments… :)

mmm..cheese
captain of 100

Post by mmm..cheese »

friendsofthe wrote: May 13th, 2017, 10:36 am
Simpleton wrote:

Thanks for you’re input… :)
In a comment upon this subject made by Joseph Smith he cross referenced verse 62 with Rev. 21:3 which speaks of “the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven”.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Verse 62 does not use the term build or built but rather “a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City”… Verse 62 does say “that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming” but we need to keep in mind that the Lord’s Second Coming is made up of multiple appearances as taught by Ezra Taft Benson.

I personally believe that “the time of my coming” referred to here will be when he appears to the nations assembled at the time of the battle of Armageddon.

You can find Joseph Smith’s commentary on Moses 7:62 here: http://thebridegroomcometh.net/and-i-jo ... of-heaven/

I appreciate your thought provoking comments… :)
That makes a lot of sense. Just as everyone can not see the sun or the moon at the same time.. That is also how His resurrection was and would be familiar in action somewhat. Nice input.

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

“No Man Knows The Day or Hour!” is a Jewish idiom for Rosh Hashanah, the Feast of Trumpets!

friendsofthe
captain of 1,000

Post by friendsofthe »

Thanks, that very interesting...

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

I must weigh in with what I have been studying in the past 6 months. Zion, the holy city, the concept... it is not a structure or building as most people think. The Son of Man is an allusion to something much different as well. "For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be. "This is Christ talking. Why would he not say, "so shall my second coming be?" The key is in ancient religion, and their origin. What do Isis, Ra, and El have in common? Well, for starters, they all come from the same area of the world, and can largely be associated with the Egyptian myths. Israel (Isis Ra El), was a representation of the culmination of all the religions. When Jehovah appeared to Moses as a burning bush, he told Moses, "I am that I am." However, the way most people read this is mistranslated. Isis means I am. Jehovah was saying "I am that Isis." Essentially telling Him that Christ was taking over the role of the God of Isis, the God of Earth. Christ does this with the Nephite's but it is missed because the Nephites already believed in Him as a physical being. "I am Jesus Christ." In order to better teach Lamoni, he was taught that the "Great Spirit" (which I am sure had it's own title in the language) was God, the savior of mankind. We know that Christ is a being with many titles. But what do all the other god's have to do with the Son of Man? In order to piece together all the similarities and copied character archetypes where language barrier and tribal barriers existed, we must first assume that there was an event on Earth that the entire world could see simultaneously, as described in the Epic of Gilgamesh, the trial of Osiris, the fall of "Adam" and "Eve."

What could cause the Sun to be darkened, the moon to turn to blood, earthquakes, etc? Immanuel Velikovsy did the research into ancient symbols and archetypes and their myths. He was a renowned scholar, and claimed that the planets moved in unstable courses. He also claims that more than once a planet came close enough to cause a global catastrophe. The flood. The myriad of curses that Pharaoh endured with the Israelites in captivity. He said that the Planet Venus appeared in the sky as a comet, which alludes to many ancient cultural stories. Planets having intense magnetic fields, would never actually collide, but their close approach could spark arc plasma currents between them so powerful that they could wipe out entire cities and leave massive scars. Sodom and Gomorrah come to mind, and the Grand Canyon mimics the same of an arc current traveling through wood and other material. The God of destruction known as Medusa can be understood to turn men into stone through lightning, whos hair resembles that of the Chinese dragon. Arc currents were visible to the inhabitants of Earth. The serpent, Dragon, the fall of Adam and Eve, suddenly sounds like a parable for the history of planets in the skies of Earth. To extend even further we must note the importance of the Birkeland current, which is what made this all possible.

It has been observed throughout the galaxy that many stars exist on strands of light that are presumed to be electric currents. The theory is that stars and planets form along this current, and when the current stops, the planets fall into their respective magnetic buoyancy around the largest stars, and lesser stars eventually fade out and become gas giants. When the current persists, the planets and stars are held in close proximity at their poles. And this is where this whole thing comes down to.
The ancient people of Earth saw planets in the skies as a normal occurrence. They began to worship them, giving them names, and setting standards of living to better teach their children. Some referred to the planets as the Throne of God, the Mountain of the Lord, Kolab and Kokaubeam, Zion, Odenheim, Olympia. The planets were given character archetypes, Ra, Osiris, Set, Aphrodite, Medusa, Jehovah, Man of Holiness, and finally, The Son of Man (of holiness).

The Son of Man is most likely a planet that was in our ancient skies. "Two shall be grinding at the mill, the one shall be taken, and the other left;" It is not a story of Rapture, but of death. In the disaster (dis-ASTER) of Moses' time, it is rumored that 1 in 50 people lived from the horror and destruction, and similarly, many Nephite's were killed in the shifting of the Earth. Translation is being zapped by lightning (Well it makes sense as Christ light is what allows life, and all life lives on electrical signals, IE Knowledge. There is a reason computers are nearly identical to our brains in the way they compute and store data.)
"And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be."
"And whoso treasureth up my word, shall not be deceived, for the Son of Man shall come, and he shall send his angels before him with the great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together the remainder of his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."
The four winds, the Four Corners of the Earth, The Chinese Four Mythical Beasts, The Japanese Elite Four, the Buddhist Four Heavenly Kings, the Crossroads (cross. It was symbolic for Christ to be crucified on a cross.Just as His life is a parable of the planets, so too are the planets a reference to Him. The heavens themselves literally represent Jesus Christ.)
From one end of heaven to the other. Heavens was often used to mean what was above but out of reach, one end of the horizon to the other. This is where the concept of "Getting into heaven" comes from.
Joseph Smith actually spoke of this some, but stopped. He told Brigham Young that if he told him all that Joseph knew about heaven and god, Brigham Young would likely want to murder him on the spot. More information can be found on Anthony Larsen's youtube channel, "Mormon Prophecy"

All quotes can be found in Joseph Smith Matthew. It is Christ speaking.

Please note that none of this detracts from Jesus Christ, and has actually strengthened my testimony of Him and Joseph Smith as well. It is as Nephi says, all things denote that there is a God. While some of these things do instill terror quite easily, it is important to note that this isn't the intention. I would advise any who fear such topics to seek out the teachings of Christ. For in Him all men are saved.

Here are some links and sources for my information.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dnB ... TBxNFdQcHM
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dnB ... ThWeHFqY2c The first thing God did in the creation was to separate the night from the day. In this depiction, Earth would be bathed in a perpetual twilight until it was in direct contact with Sol.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dnB ... DNCd29sc28
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8dnB ... jA4Qy04NkU This one is the stained glass in the brand new Paris Temple

https://youtu.be/t7EAlTcZFwY David Talbot's full documentary of what I just explained with visuals. I recommend taking a look at the youtube channel's other work as well.
https://youtu.be/fqT1PTtQnO0 Anthony Larsen has a series on Youtube about this as well, with a take on it's affects on LDS culture and prophets
https://youtu.be/8TbrGaQ9Zc0 An explanation of Gravity that you won't find in school.

Additional resources are the Book of Revelation, Genesis, The entire Pearl of Great Price (Seriously go read it) and many parts of the Doctrine and Covenants.

Sorry for the wall of Text. TL;DR the Son of Man is a planet.

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

friendsofthe wrote: May 14th, 2017, 7:57 pm Thanks, that very interesting...
It is given to some to know the season. For instance, we know, speaking metaphorically of course, that the thief will come during the night. We may not know the hour or the minute that the thief will come, but we do know the relative time frame. Could it be now? Or in 200 years? We must keep watch, for the night is long!

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

I'd like to note also, that the Son of Man comes from the East. This can easily be the rising of the son, except when it happens, it won't be Sol we see.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 1:40 am I must weigh in with what I have been studying in the past 6 months. Zion, the holy city, the concept... it is not a structure or building as most people think. The Son of Man is an allusion to something much different as well. "For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be. "This is Christ talking. Why would he not say, "so shall my second coming be?" The key is in ancient religion, and their origin. What do Isis, Ra, and El have in common? Well, for starters, they all come from the same area of the world, and can largely be associated with the Egyptian myths. Israel (Isis Ra El), was a representation of the culmination of all the religions.
I'm going to stop you right here. The Isis-Ra-El thing comes from Jordan Maxwell and what he says is nothing more than the reasoning or a man, mingled with scripture and transliteration of ancient Egyptian into English. I won't get into the Hebrew and Demotic to demonstrate this, but Google can provide plenty of references to correct you.

Dlight
captain of 100

Post by Dlight »

OCDMOM wrote: May 14th, 2017, 5:23 pm “No Man Knows The Day or Hour!” is a Jewish idiom for Rosh Hashanah, the Feast of Trumpets!
"Know man knows" is only factual on the day it is said. If it said "Know man shall ever know" that would be different. Just because no one currently knows or has known in the past doesn't mean it can be made known to someone at some point. :-B O:-)

Hivetyrant36
captain of 100

Post by Hivetyrant36 »

brianj wrote: May 20th, 2017, 6:06 pm
Hivetyrant36 wrote: May 20th, 2017, 1:40 am I must weigh in with what I have been studying in the past 6 months. Zion, the holy city, the concept... it is not a structure or building as most people think. The Son of Man is an allusion to something much different as well. "For as the light of the morning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west, and covereth the whole earth, so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be. "This is Christ talking. Why would he not say, "so shall my second coming be?" The key is in ancient religion, and their origin. What do Isis, Ra, and El have in common? Well, for starters, they all come from the same area of the world, and can largely be associated with the Egyptian myths. Israel (Isis Ra El), was a representation of the culmination of all the religions.
I'm going to stop you right here. The Isis-Ra-El thing comes from Jordan Maxwell and what he says is nothing more than the reasoning or a man, mingled with scripture and transliteration of ancient Egyptian into English. I won't get into the Hebrew and Demotic to demonstrate this, but Google can provide plenty of references to correct you.
Interesting. I've never heard that before. Isis-Ra-El was something I pieced together in my own research. Thanks for the info.

brianj
captain of 1,000

Post by brianj »

Hivetyrant36 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 7:03 pm Interesting. I've never heard that before. Isis-Ra-El was something I pieced together in my own research. Thanks for the info.
One more thing to consider: Transliterating into English from Demotic or Hieroglyph isn't necessarily pronounced how you would pronounce it in English.
The first Hieroglyph symbol in the name Isis is pronounced, depending on the Egyptologist you speak with, as "as-" "aws-" or "ws-" An English spelling that more closely follows correct pronunciation is "Awst" or "Awset."

One very good resource I would recommend for learning more about the pronunciation of ancient Egyptian is Ancient Egyptian: A Linguistic Introduction by Antonio Loprieno, 2004, Cambridge University Press.

And, of course, I have only discussed two parts of the puzzle: Ancient Egyptian and modern English. There's a third piece to look at: Ancient Hebrew. If you look at the Hebrew spelling of Israel you will find a geresh, a punctuation symbol that in some ways appears similar to an apostrophe in English. I understand that the purpose of the geresh is to denote a silent letter. So yes, we have probably also been pronouncing Israel incorrectly.

About four years ago the infamous atheist Richard Dawkins published something online claiming that Easter was named after the Babylonian goddess Ishtar because he or someone in his organization decided the two names sounding similar must prove a relationship. But there's a small problem: Easter originated under Emperor Constantine before English was developed! In ancient Greek that day would have been called Πάσχα which roughly transliterates to Pascha.

Lesson: Words sounding similar in different languages, or seeming to sound similar, does not prove any relationship.

Still Learning
captain of 100

Post by Still Learning »

brianj wrote: May 26th, 2017, 11:20 pm
Hivetyrant36 wrote: May 24th, 2017, 7:03 pm Interesting. I've never heard that before. Isis-Ra-El was something I pieced together in my own research. Thanks for the info.

About four years ago the infamous atheist Richard Dawkins published something online claiming that Easter was named after the Babylonian goddess Ishtar because he or someone in his organization decided the two names sounding similar must prove a relationship. But there's a small problem: Easter originated under Emperor Constantine before English was developed! In ancient Greek that day would have been called Πάσχα which roughly transliterates to Pascha.

Lesson: Words sounding similar in different languages, or seeming to sound similar, does not prove any relationship.
Well put. Anyone that has learned a second language can easily a test to this.